Jesus is God !

achduke

God raised Himself; Jesus Christ is God

How come Paul show them as separate?

Romans 1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 1:9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

1 Corinthians 1:3 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ
;

Galatians 1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

Ephesians 1:2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Philippians 1:2Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Every where Paul wrote he talked about "God our father and about the "Lord Jesus Christ" but he did not say "God the son" anywhere.

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Who is answering in this verse? Jesus or the Spirit of God who is in Jesus?

John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

You know this as do I, but those who claim to be Christian are so often not in the full sense of the word and need to obey Acts 2:38 preached to them in the Spirit of God who alone can invite them into the Kingdom.

LA

Lon

I do not care what you believe.
Really, even after scripture was given for 'why'?
How committed are you, so much so that no scripture matters any more? :idunno: I realize it has been years of posturing...if so, what's the point? Why even engage me?

I just repeat what the Bible says.

When? Just now? Always? Depending on your meaning, a good amount of this wouldn't be true. I do not 'just' repeat what the scriptures say. I do so whenever I quote them otherwise I'm expounding, interpreting, questioning,..
Have you not understood that the word lord there is not the name of the Father and means master.
Sure, I'm not a tritheist, so I agree on this point.
It was the Father who made His Son both lord and Christ, according to the Bible.
I think you are interpreting 'made' to mean created here. Acts 2:36 That's not what this word means, it means 'appointed' thus in the same way a President makes or appoints his cabinet.
Heb 2:7 Thou (the Father)madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him (Jesus)over the works of thy (Fathers) hands:
This one isn't 'made' as appoint or create but rather means 'lessened' [made] is not here, but an English language helper. All important points to consider BUT I was asking about John 20:28. I'm not ready to be easily distracted. I was asking what John 20:28 means.

Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
Heb 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
This one means more specifically "made himself to become." It is a reflexive verb.
Heb 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
Heb 1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, (the Father)in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine (the Father's)hands:

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

LA

You get the idea. A shot-gun approach is actually a person asserting his/her theology and simply doing a search to find whatever he/she wants a scripture to say. You can find a text that 'seems' to support you, but, as I've explained, these do not mean what one imagines upon inspection. Perhaps Arians and Unitarians exist because of translation. I think, however, whenever we diverge from even what the translator's thought, we have to account for it by being more adept. In fact, we'd have to become experts because the KJV translators were unapologetically Trinitarian/Triune.

Lon

You miss the point. The spirit of God is IN Christ. God is the Spirit or working through the Holy Spirit, Jesus is the temple. God tabernacles in his temple.

When Christ was speaking to the man possessed with the spirits that called themselves Legion was Christ talking to the evil spirits that were possessing the man or was Christ talking to the possessed man who was not in control of his own will?

God's temple our body is made to accept the Spirit of God. If our body is vacant of the Spirit of God then the adversary can possible posses it.
Disagree. It isn't scripturally tenable. I'll let you and Rosen carry the conversation from here.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Really, even after scripture was given for 'why'?
How committed are you, so much so that no scripture matters any more? :idunno: I realize it has been years of posturing...if so, what's the point? Why even engage me?

Are you just another hypocrite who gives an opinion then claims I gave none?

Read the posts.

When? Just now? Always? Depending on your meaning, a good amount of this wouldn't be true. I do not 'just' repeat what the scriptures say. I do so whenever I quote them otherwise I'm expounding, interpreting, questioning,..

Sure, I'm not a tritheist, so I agree on this point.

I think you are interpreting 'made' to mean created here. Acts 2:36 That's not what this word means, it means 'appointed' thus in the same way a President makes or appoints his cabinet.
This one isn't 'made' as appoint or create but rather means 'lessened' [made] is not here, but an English language helper. All important points to consider BUT I was asking about John 20:28. I'm not ready to be easily distracted. I was asking what John 20:28 means.

This one means more specifically "made himself to become." It is a reflexive verb.

You get the idea. A shot-gun approach is actually a person asserting his/her theology and simply doing a search to find whatever he/she wants a scripture to say. You can find a text that 'seems' to support you, but, as I've explained, these do not mean what one imagines upon inspection. Perhaps Arians and Unitarians exist because of translation. I think, however, whenever we diverge from even what the translator's thought, we have to account for it by being more adept. In fact, we'd have to become experts because the KJV translators were unapologetically Trinitarian/Triune.

So where is your scripture?

None.

Here is some for you to think about--

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Heb 5:4 And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.
Heb 5:5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.
Heb 5:6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Heb 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
Heb 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

1Co 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

You say God cheated by sending a God, not a man.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You miss the point. The spirit of God is IN Christ. God is the Spirit or working through the Holy Spirit, Jesus is the temple. God tabernacles in his temple.

When Christ was speaking to the man possessed with the spirits that called themselves Legion was Christ talking to the evil spirits that were possessing the man or was Christ talking to the possessed man who was not in control of his own will?

God's temple our body is made to accept the Spirit of God. If our body is vacant of the Spirit of God then the adversary can possible posses it.

Only Christians can know that to be true.

LA

Lon

Are you just another hypocrite who gives an opinion then claims I gave none?
You "don't care what believe." My point was to ask "even if it is about scripture?" So you are off to the meaningless posturing awfully quick out of the gate.

So where is your scripture?
A shotgun approach to scripture is pointless. I gave John 20:28 because I wanted to stay on John 20:28, not ride all over the property. John 20:28 is the problem. If you can't address it, don't try? Just a thought....

Then let's stop right here. You have no intention of engaging the verse I posted and asked about. I have no intention of running all over your scattered mind putting out disheveled fires. "I" want to talk about John 20:28 and you are distracted. If you read scripture the same way, no matter how 'many' scattered thoughts given, it is not going to work for me. I don't believe scripture understanding can work this way.

Here is some for you to think about--

Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Heb 5:4 And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.
Heb 5:5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.
Heb 5:6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Heb 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
Heb 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

1Co 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

You say God cheated by sending a God, not a man.

LA
One scripture at a time. I've no intention of putting out all the fires of your scattered thoughts. You may read scripture this way, it is not how it is done, academically or spiritually.

AntQuick

I believe the theologians call it a hypostasis...I found the subject of the trinity very well comprehended by Calvin in his Institutes of the Christian Religion, myself

Reactions: Lon

KingdomRose

Jesus is NOT God, and all you trinitarians know it! It has been proven that he is not God many times over, ad nauseum, yet you insist on repeating a lie.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus is NOT God, and all you trinitarians know it! It has been proven that he is not God many times over, ad nauseum, yet you insist on repeating a lie.

John 1:1 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Eternal Word
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Word Becomes Flesh
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 8:58 New King James Version (NKJV)

58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John 1:1 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Eternal Word
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Word Becomes Flesh
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 8:58 New King James Version (NKJV)

58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

Post of the day---> here