Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

beloved57

Because I live, ye shall live also.

Because I live, ye shall live also.

John 14:9

Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

Yes, I know that Jesus here is speaking to His Disciples, save judas, but the words apply to all for whom He Represented as their Head when He died in their stead, so it would apply to His Body the Church. Eph 5:23-25

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the Saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

And because He lives after having died for His Church, His Body which He is Head, they shall live also.

Hence it cometh to pass 1 Jn 4:9

9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we [His Body the Church] might live through[because of] him.

His Resurrection from the dead as their Head and Representative ensures that they [His Body the Church] resurrect from the dead both spiritually and physically if they have died before His Return.

So it is true that those He died for and reconciled to God while they were enemies that they shall be saved by,in,with His Life, because He lives they shall live or be made alive also.

This speaks also of His role as their Mediator and Prince, and as such He is the Last Adam and gives Life by His Spirit to all for whom He died and represented 1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

The word quickening means in the greek :

to produce alive, begat or bear living young

2) to cause to live, make alive, give life

a) by spiritual power to arouse and invigorate

b) to restore to life

c) to give increase of life: thus of physical life

d) of the spirit, quickening as respects the spirit, endued with new and greater powers of life

3) metaph., of seeds quickened into life, i.e. germinating, springing up, growing

And its by this they shall live because He lives to make them alive,his is how and why they are Saved by His Life.

If any for whom He died does not receive this quickening from Him as their Risen Saviour and Head, for remember He is the Saviour of the Body Eph 5:23

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the Saviour of the body.

Then He has failed to be a Saviour to them, and the Promise of scripture has failed that says they shall be saved by His Life, and they shall live because He Lives,which He Lives to ever make intercession for them Heb 7:25

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

beloved57

When one Turns to the Lord !

When one Turns to the Lord !

2 Cor 3:14-16

14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

16 Nevertheless when it [The Heart] shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

Now when one turns to the Lord,[ which is conversion] that's an evidence of them being turned by the Lord, which was a Gospel promise here Lk 1:16

16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.

That this turning Is of God is seen here Jer 31:18-19

18 I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the Lord my God.

19 Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of my youth.

The act of repenting here was caused by being turned !

Its an evidence of the Work of Christ being effectual in causing one to turn to Him 1 Pet 2:24-25

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

The word returned here, obviously meant by Peter to be the result of the healing provided by Christ's stripes, its the greek word epistrephō and means:

transitively

a) to turn to

1) to the worship of the true God

b) to cause to return, to bring back

1) to the love and obedience of God

2) to the love for the children

3) to love wisdom and righteousness

2) intransitively

a) to turn to one's self

b) to turn one's self about, turn back

c) to return, turn back, come back

Here it means caused to return because of the voice, passive !

Now that is the same word used by Paul here 2 Cor 3:16

16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

Confirmed again in 1 Pet 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring or return us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit,

Those who are made alive by Christ[His Spirit] and who are in Christ, shall be turned to the Lord, but men who are yet spiritually dead and lost, have no life in them and consequently are not able to turn to the Lord.

beloved57

No condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus

No condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus

Rom 8:1

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Also John 5:24

Now even though Paul here is speaking or writing to believers, and of their conscious awareness of being in Christ Jesus, nevertheless the True Born Again Believer was in Him representatively even before they existed and Rom 5:16-19 bears that out, and its compared to being in adam representatively before they existed.

And so that being the case, they even as unbelievers, unregenerate, before they existed, they were not under or in condemnation. Prior to the believers New Birth, they are ignorant to their having been in Christ representatively,however its revealed to them in the Gospel to Holy Ghost given Faith.

beloved57

My counsel shall stand and I will do all my pleasure:

My counsel shall stand and I will do all my pleasure:

Isa 46:10

Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

This folks is the declaration of the True and Living God. Now what is His Counsel here ?

Its His Purpose, and He promises that He will accomplish His Purpose, to include His Eternal Purpose in Christ . Eph 3:11

11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Many are going to be saved according that Purpose 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

He will or shall do [perform] All of His Pleasure [desire,delight,will, purpose,) that in which one takes delight] !

Now all this comes to nought of His Character, if one for whom He desires, wills to be saved and come into the knowledge of the Truth, is not by Him saved and comes to the Knowledge of the Truth as Per 1 Tim 2:4

Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

That word will is the greek word thelō:

to will, have in mind, intend

a) to be resolved or determined, to purpose

b) to desire, to wish

c) to love

1) to like to do a thing, be fond of doing

d) to take delight in, have pleasure

Yet many in religion say falsely of the True God, that many of the all whom He desires to be saved and come into the knowledge of the Truth, shall not come to pass, and so thwart His Desire, His Purpose, and His Counsel .

beloved57

The deceived and the deceiver are his.

The deceived and the deceiver are his.

Job 12:16

16 With him is strength and wisdom: the deceived and the deceiver are his.

Satan is the great deceiver, and both he and the deceived belong to God, Rev 20:7-10

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Also the deceiver and the deceived exist for God's Purpose. It is God's decreed Sovereign Purpose that those in the end time right before Christ Return,that they be deceived, for their names were not written in the Lambs book of life. Rev 13:7-8

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

If God purpose requires some not to be deceived, He can prevent that and bind Satan's activity Rev 20:3

And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

He prevents His Elect from being finally deceived Matt 24:24

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

beloved57

Grace Given before the world Began !

Grace Given before the world Began !

2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

This scripture more than any informs us of God's Redemptive Purpose of Salvation by Grace being set , determined, purposed before the world began; God here having given Grace to the Church, in Christ Jesus their Head.

This Grace in time will be dispensed ,communicated to each member of His Body the Church, which He has always been the Head of even in the beginning Col 1:18

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Each one will receive a communication of that Grace when its their time in the Divine Purpose to be converted.

For it is in Him their Glorified Head all fullness dwells Col 1:19

19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

And of that fullness do we [Every Member of His Body] all receive Jn 1:14,16

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

And all whom the Saviour and Head of the Body communicates this Grace unto by the Power of the Holy Spirit, do believe [in Him] by that Grace Acts 18:27

27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

The word through is the prep dia and means:

a) the ground or reason by which something is or is not done

1) by reason of

2) on account of

3) because of for this reason

4) therefore

5) on this account

They believed on account of Grace,that received by their Head Jn 1:16; For it is then that the Spirit is a Spirit of Grace Zech 12:10

10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

That's another way of saying they will receive of His Fulness, Grace for Grace ! This happens when He [ The Spirit] is communicating Grace from the Mediator who is full of Grace and Truth and whom, God is pleased that all fullness dwells, for that purpose. When He gave the Church Christ in Death, with Him He freely gives them all things Spiritual Rom 8:32

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

beloved57

Grace Given before the world Began !2

Grace Given before the world Began !2

Grace given to those in time by Christ, for them whom He died for, to believe by it Acts 18:27, Paul writes of it here and experienced as will all who shall believe. 1 Tim 1:1-14

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

Both Faith and Love are in Christ's Fulness Col 1:19

19 For it pleased the Father that in him[Christ] should all fulness dwell;

Now this is Christ as the Head of the Church, His Body which is stated before in Col 1:18

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

And so, all who are part of His Body which He is the Saviour of Eph 5:23

All of them do receive from Him of or out of His Fulness Grace for Grace John 1:16

And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

This speaks also to the abundance of Grace in Him for His Body the Church.

And Paul who was once a blasphemer and injurious to Christ and His Body in UNBELIEF, did Sovereignly receive of the abundance of Grace in Christ His Saviour giving him Faith[Belief] and Love for Christ and His People !

And Paul here stated that he was made an example of how Christ does by His Grace communicated, how men are made believers unto Salvation 1 Tim 1:16

16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Believing on Christ unto Salvation is because of His Grace abounding to one as in 1 Tim 1:14.

Also, the Longsuffering God shows toward His Elect while they are ignorant in unbelief, shall issue at last to their Salvation and conversion.

That's what Peter means also here when speaking of God's Longsuffering to us-ward 2 Pet 3:9,15

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

So 1 Tim 1:14 is Paul's Example Illustration of Jn 1:16 on how each member of the Body, the Church receives Grace from its Head.

Paul intimates that here also 1 Cor 1:4

4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;

Paul also could be referring to that Grace given to the Church in Christ Jesus before the world began 2 Tim 1:9

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

In both instances He uses the prep en !

All this was to show that the Grace given the Church in Christ their Head before the world began, is likewise given or communicated to them in the time realm for their conversion from sin and unbelief !

beloved57

Give me the old paths !

Give me the old paths !

Jer 6:16

16 Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

The way of Salvation has always been through Christ, for He said not in vain Jn 14:6

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Or Jesus is saying as in Jeremiah 6:16, I am the good way !

We are apt to think that Jesus Christ is merely speaking of His present time when those words were spoken by Him, however the Truth of Him being the way encompasses from the beginning of time, from the beginning of the World Lk 1:69-70

69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

For Jesus Christ is, has been, and always shall be, the Rest to our Souls Matt 11:29

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Thats exactly what Jer 6:16 is referring to Jer 6:16

16 Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

Even here in Jeremiah, the way to God and Rest of soul in Christ is called the old way, or the ancient way.

John Gill writes on this verse :

and ask for the old paths; of righteousness and holiness, which Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and others, walked in, and follow them; and the way of salvation by Christ, which, though called a new way, Hebrews 10:20, yet is not newly found out, for it was contrived in eternity; nor newly revealed, for it was made known to Adam and Eve immediately after the fall; nor newly made use of, for all the Old Testament saints were saved by the same grace of Christ, and justified by his righteousness, and their sins pardoned through his blood, and expiated by his sacrifice, as New Testament saints; only of late, or in these last days, it has been more clearly made known; otherwise there is but one way of salvation; there never was any other, nor never will be; inquire therefore for this old path, which all true believers have trodden in:

For the Law of Moses was about Him Jn 5:46-47

46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

That means Moses believed on Christ for Salvation ! Heb 11:25-26

25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

Remember on the Mount of Transfiguration, Jesus was speaking to Two Men, One Elijah, the other Moses. His subject to them was that of His decease He was to accomplish at Jerusalem Lk 9:29-31

29 And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment was white and glistering.

30 And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias:

31 Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.

You see both Moses and Elijah had an interest in that decease He would accomplish at Jerusalem, which was His Death !

That word accomplish is the word plēroō and it also means to fulfill as in Lk 24:44

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Thats what Jesus was speaking to Moses and Elijah about on the Mount !

They along with all True OT Saints had Faith in His Blood for Redemption from sin Rom 3:24-25

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 WHom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

The remission of sins that are past refers back to the OT Saints. Their forgiveness of sins back then was conditioned on Christ's Blood to be shed here Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Thats the Old Paths Way !

beloved57

Children before believing !

Children before believing !

Heb 2:13

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Believers were Children of God before they heard and trusted the Gospel message they heard Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

The greek word for trust is peithō and means:

persuade

a) to persuade, i.e. to induce one by words to believe

b) to make friends of, to win one's favour, gain one's good will, or to seek to win one, strive to please one

c) to tranquillise

d) to persuade unto i.e. move or induce one to persuasion to do something

2) be persuaded

a) to be persuaded, to suffer one's self to be persuaded; to be induced to believe: to have faith: in a thing

1) to believe

2) to be persuaded of a thing concerning a person

b) to listen to, obey, yield to, comply with

3) to trust, have confidence, be confident

The word is also translated to believe Acts 17:14

4 And some of them believed/trusted, and consorted with Paul and Silas; and of the devout Greeks a great multitude, and of the chief women not a few.

Acts 28:24

24 And some believed or trusted in the things which were spoken, and some believed not.

Notice in Heb 2:13 to trust is in future, its a future indicative of what shall occur, they shall trust or be persuaded .

This is a promise to happen by Jesus Christ and the Children God has given Him !

So they were Children given to Christ before they Trusted, but they shall Trust because they are Children.

This is true because they were the Spiritual seed of Abraham Heb 2:16

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

And as Abraham's Spiritual Seed, they must believe/trust as Abraham did.

Rom 4:11

And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

Gal 3:7

Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Abraham was Children by God and by Promise that would follow in His faithful footsteps Rom 4:12

And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

God made that Promise to Abraham here Gen 17:1-2,5

And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

He was made the Father of all whom shall Trust in God from all Nations, they would be considered his Children Gal 3:7

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

And so Christ's Words in Heb 2:13 reflect that, the Spiritual Seed and Children of Abraham that shall Trust !

Thats why all Believers are called Children of Promise as Isaac was Gal 4:28

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

beloved57

The foreknowledge of God !

The foreknowledge of God !

The foreknowledge of God consists of God knowing beforehand of His works Acts 15:18

18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

In other words, they were known by Him as to occur in the future, as what would be or happen, because He determined to do them, to work them, which is similar to saying as Acts 2:23

23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Things come into fruition because of His determinate Counsel and Foreknowledge. All that happens in time is according to the counsel of His own will that He is working Eph 1:11

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

That word worketh is the word energeō:

I.to be operative, be at work, put forth power

All things happening in this world are merely the outworkings of His Works foreknown Acts 15:18, and they working after the counsel of His Own Will, this includes the government of the wills of others, in order that they conform to His own will !

beloved57

Faith or Belief of the Truth from Sanctification !

Faith or Belief of the Truth from Sanctification !

Faith or Belief of the Truth as in 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

is the result of Sanctification. Its a result of Christ by God being made to us Sanctification 1 Cor 1:30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Also this Sanctification is a result of and based on the Offering of Christ Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we[Believers] are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The word sanctified here is in the perfect tense, meaning by the blood of Christ we were once and for all in the past set apart to God, with results of it now in the present.

Hence, the Spirit, who knows all whom Christ shed His Blood for, He Sanctifies them all also according to the will of God.

Now its when He, The Spirit does His Sanctifying Work that it results in the ones He Sanctifies, believing the Truth.

beloved57

What about Judas ? Was he there at that time ?

What about Judas ? Was he there at that time ?

Was Judas the traitor present when the Lord shared with the disciples the institution of the Lord's Supper ? The answer is no, by that time he [judas] had left to go make arrangements to be tray his Master Many think because of Lk 22:21

21 But, behold, the hand of him that betrayeth me is with me on the table.

The key here is the word's "on the table", the passover table is meant !

This coincides with Matt 26:21

21 But, behold, the hand of him that betrayeth me is with me on the table.

However this does not mean that judas was with them when the Lord's Supper commenced after the Passover !

This begins with them all celebrating the passover meal, a Jewish holiday, and it was a meal that judas, being a physical descendant of the Abraham, and his ancestors that took part of the original passover in Exodus 12, of which many of whom were not even believers, for most of them perished in the wilderness , as it is written Heb 3:7-12;4:1-6

Now we know that this [the passover meal or table] is that which judas shared in by comments Matt 26:23

23 And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me.

Passover dish !

Jn 13:26

26 Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.

The custom of the passover meal was to take a piece of meat or bread and dip it into a common bowl of sauce on the Table !

Again this was a already existing custom for the historical passover meal celebration, which judas had a right to as a physical jew ! But the commencement of the Lords supper had not yet began !

Now the record shows that after judas took the sop, he said " is it i rabbi ? Jesus replied, thou hast said ! Matt 26:25

25 Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said.

Now at this very same point in time in John's account it reads Jn 13:26-27,30

26 Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.

27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

And vs 30 confirms that judas departed immediately after the sop Vs 30

30 He then having received the sop went immediately out: and it was night.

This time coincides with Matt 26:25

25 Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said.

And it was afterwards, after the sop of passover, and he left into the night, that the Lords Supper began Vs 26

26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.

27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

30 And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.

However at this point judas had left into the night !

beloved57

Those God Pardons !

Those God Pardons !

Jer 50:20

In those days, and in that time, saith the Lord, the iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, and there shall be none; and the sins of Judah, and they shall not be found: for I will pardon them whom I reserve.

Who does God mean here by those He reserves ? The word reserve means to be left,to remain, be left over, It means as a remnant:

Its the word used here 1 Kings 19:18

18 Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.

Paul uses this here Rom 11:2-6

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.

4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Thats who Jeremiah means, the remnant according to the Election of Grace.

And God says He pardons them or forgives them. Another Prophet writes Micah 7:18

Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

The remnant of His heritage is not all ethnic jews, but a portion of them according to the remnant of the Election of Grace !

Now God's remnant is not only confined to the jews, but some were to be found among the gentiles.

That same word for remnant in Mic 7:18 is used here in Amos 9:12

12 That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, saith the Lord that doeth this.

Now we know that James applied this prophecy to the Gentiles Acts 15:14-18

14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

So those Gentiles, a residue or remnant of them, are included in Jer 50:20

In those days, and in that time, saith the Lord, the iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, and there shall be none; and the sins of Judah, and they shall not be found: for I will pardon them whom I reserve.

Thats who makes up God's Heritage, a remnant out of the jews and a remnant out of the gentiles, they all receive the Pardon of the Lord, whom He reserves !

The whole World of mankind is not God's remnant, that should be obvious by the very definition of the word remnant, but God's Pardoning Mercy is only promised to His Remnant, His Elect, out of the jews and out of the gentiles.

The same truth is here Isa 49:6

6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Again this speaks to the Salvation of the remnant in Israel and the Gentiles !

beloved57

Grace = Glory !

Grace = Glory !

2 Tim 1:9

Its no doubt, all those given Grace in Christ Jesus their Mediator Head before the world began, they shall also be given Glory as it's completion, for its been said, grace is glory begun, and glory is grace completed. Scripture says God gives Grace and Glory Ps 84:11

11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

Those who were given grace in Christ Jesus before the world began, are in time called by the Gospel to obtain what ? 2 Thess 2:13-14

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

That word obtaining is the greek word peripoiésis and it means:

acquiring, obtaining, possessing, possession, ownership.

The AMP:

14 [It was] to this end that He called you through our Gospel, so that you may obtain and share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah).

The GNT:

14 God called you to this through the Good News we preached to you; he called you to possess your share of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The EXB:

14 God used the ·Good News [Gospel] that we preached to call you to be saved so you can ·share in [obtain; possess] the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Again 2 Tim 1:9

Precedes 2 Tim 2:10

10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Now here Paul uses a different word for obtain, its the word tugchanó and means:

gen: I obtain, (b) absol: I chance, happen; ordinary, everyday, it may chance, perhaps.

properly, to strike (hit the mark, i.e. "spot on," "hit the bullseye"); to light upon, fall in line with; "happen to find oneself" in the scene of life the Lord has already prepared (BAGD; cf. Eph 2:10 with Ps 139:16).

Mounce:

On account ofdia thishoutos I am enduringhypomenō all thingspas for the sake ofdia theho electeklektos, thathina

theyautos alsokai may experiencetynchanō the salvationsōtēria thatho is inen ChristChristos JesusIēsous withmeta eternalaiōnios glorydoxa.

The One's to experience Eternal Glory in 2 Tim 2:10 are those who were given Grace in Christ Jesus before the World began in 2 Tim 1:9 !

beloved57

To as many as thou hast given him.

To as many as thou hast given him.

John 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

The Lord Jesus Christ was never intended to give Eternal Life or offer it to all mankind without exception, but only to particular persons, those given Him apart from the rest of mankind or the all flesh. It was always only His Purpose to save only some, Yes, His People Matt 1:21 !

Now why should He give them Eternal Life ? t is because to them He is the Gift of God, and its through Him they have it [Eternal Life] Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

And no, its not a gift that they have a choice of accepting it or not, its a Gift to them Sovereignly as death was to them the wages of sin. What I am saying is that death the wages of sin was not offered them to accept or reject, but Sovereignly administered, so like wise, the Gift of Eternal Life to them is not offered to be accepted or rejected but it is Sovereignly administered to them, as the due wages for what Christ did for them in His Person and Work on their behalf.

Its through Him that they have it, for He earned it for them by His Work of Redemption. He has for them satisfied God's law and Justice, and hence they have a Right to it, not because of anything they have done or they have not done, but solely based upon what He has done for them, on their behalf.

Life is given to all for whom God has no charges of condemnation for. They are His Gift to Him from the Father, and He is the Fathers Gift to Him. Who else are these " as many as the Father hath given me" Identified as ?

They are the Sheep Jn 10:29

My Father, which gave them[The Sheep] me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

They are the Elect of God Lk 18:7

7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

Rom 8:33

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

They are His Body the Church Eph 5:23-25

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

They are His People Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

They are His Brethren Heb 2:17

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

They are His Kingdom Dan 7:14

And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

They are His Inheritance and Possession Ps 2:7-8

7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

They are the Children of God Jn 11:52

And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Rom 9:8

That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

They are the Seed of Abraham Heb 2:16

For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Again they are these "as many as" Acts 2:39
For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

It has never been God's Intention, Purpose or desire that all men without exception have Eternal Life !

beloved57

To as many as thou hast given him cont

To as many as thou hast given him cont

The Eternal Life given [not offered or made available] but given to the "as many as" here in Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

This Eternal Life was also promised to them through Him before the World Began Titus 1:2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

No one is given this Eternal Life save those God promised it to before the world began in Christ. It was not promised to be made available, or to be offered, those are false teachings of men !

The promise of Eternal Life is based upon Christ's Surety engagements He was to perform in their behalf in due time, so He was given as a Covenant of the People [He was to save] Isa 42:6-7

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; Gentiles who were also benefactors of the Covenant He was made to be.

7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

That this is True [The Covenant Engagement] it is derived from the fact that from the beginning He was that Eternal Life that would later be manifested to the benefactors 1 Jn 1:1-2

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us )

Notice that the Eternal Life was with the Father, Because it was Christ the Word. Remember John said in His Gospel this Jn 1:1-4

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

That Life in Him would be that Eternal Life of 1 Jn 1:2

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us )

And in the Beginning it was promised to them whom He represented in the Covenant Engagement 1 Jn 2:25

25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

The Promise was foundationed by their Covenant Union in the Son by Election in Him 1 Jn 5:11

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him[The Son] before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Thats who the as many as are of Jn 17:2, those here Chosen in Him the Son before the foundation of the World.

Again, the teaching now a days that Eternal Life is offered to everyone without exception and all they have to do is accept it, that teaching is false, it has no support from the Word of God !

Eternal Life given has always been based upon a Promise of God to give it to a certain People !

beloved57

Shall believe on Me !

Shall believe on Me !

In John 6:37

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

This verse simply means, that all those God the Father gave to Christ for Him to die for, shall believe in Him; Thats a Promise. Yes, Coming to Christ and believing on Him are the same.

The word come as in shall come is the greek word hēkō and means:

to have come, have arrived, be present

2) metaph.

a) to come to one, i.e. to seek an intimacy with one, become his follower: to come upon one (unexpectedly)

b) to come upon one, of things endured

All that the Father giveth to Christ shall become a follower. A Follower means:

a person who follows another in regard to his or her ideas or belief ,disciple or adherent.

A disciple is

Disciple definition

a scholar, sometimes applied to the followers of John the Baptist (Matt. 9:14), and of the Pharisees (22:16), but principally to the followers of Christ. A disciple of Christ is one who (1) believes his doctrine, (2) rests on his sacrifice, (3) imbibes his spirit, and (4) imitates his example (Matt. 10:24; Luke 14:26, 27, 33; John 6:69).

Refers to someone who demonstrates allegiance to a person, a doctrine, a cause, and the like.

This is certain to happen to all the Father giveth the Son Jn 6:37

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

beloved57

The Word World !

The Word World !

Why does the bible use the word World so much when referencing Salvation topics, like Saviour of the World Jn 4:42

And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world. or

1 Jn 4:14

And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

2 Cor 5:19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

1 Jn 2:2

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Now understand, The Primary reason for that is to specify, to make clear that those whom Christ died for as their Saviour, and did satisfy God' Law and Justice for, though confined to one specific seed of Abraham Heb 2:16-17, yet not confined to any one specific nation, for Abraham's Seed to be Saved was found to be people out of all nations of the Earth as Per Gen 12:3

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Meaning the Blessing is World Wide,The whole Earth !

Also Gen 17:5

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

It means God's Elect, Chosen People were not to be found just among ethnic jews, but men and women of all ethnic groups. Thats why the word World is so often used in these matters.

beloved57

Why Paul's Apostleship ?

Why Paul's Apostleship ?

Paul's Apostleship to the Gentiles Rom 11:13

For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Note, most believers today are Gentiles, so the Pauline Epistles to us is God's Gospel. Its a blessing to come to Faith in Christ through their word, Jesus says so Himself Jn 17:19-20

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Their word means the Apostles, which does include Paul !

Now Paul's Apostleship to the Nations or Gentiles was in accordance to the Prophetic scriptures of Salvation Promised to the Nations, fulfilling the Messianic / Davidic Covenant. Gentile Salvation is actually foretold here Ps 2:7-8

7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

The Gentiles/ Nations are the Exalted Son's Purchased Possessions, His Heritage.

This means God's Elect among the Gentiles. Remember Paul after stating His Purpose here 2 Tim 1:11

11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

Later in the same letter He writes 2 Tim 2:10

10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

You see that ? So He was appointed to be a Apostle, Preacher for the sake of God's Elect among the Gentiles, which is what Ps 2:8 means.

Back to the Second Psalm, the 7th verse indicates the Resurrection of Christ Ps 2:7

Now cp with Rom 1:1-4

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

4 And declared to be the Son of God with power[Ps 2:7], according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Acts 13:32-33

32 And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers,

33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

The Son of God of Rom 1:4 is being Identified as the Davidic Messianic Son of Ps 2:7, which in turn is the criteria for Paul's Apostleship being Established.

Paul's Apostleship was primarily but not exclusive for the obedience of the Faith, of the Sons possessions / heritage among the Nations Ps 2:6-8

6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

And Christ is Identified as the Son of David Rom 1:3-4

3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Hence, He [Jesus Christ the Son of God] being made of the Seed of David according to the flesh had great significance unto the Gentile Salvation among the Nations. See also Rom 15:8-12

8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

9 And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.

10 And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people.

11 And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people.

12 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

Notice in Vs 10, where it says Rejoice ye Gentiles with His People. Thats speaking of The Elect Jews who were also Promised Salvation Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Thats why the Gentiles are also meant here Matt 1:21

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Rom 15:10

And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people.

Thats because Christ is saving from among them also His People from their sins !

beloved57

That was the true Light !

That was the true Light !

John 1:9

9 That was the , which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

The Lord Jesus Christ when came on the scene, He was on a Covenant Mission, for a Covenant People, not all people without exception. Mal 3:1

Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.

John the Baptist was the forerunner for the Messenger of the Covenant.

With this in mind, many are unlearned about the meaning of Jn 1:9, supposing that it applies to the non elect of mankind. However the Light here meant is not the light of natural conscious, which all men alike do receive by natural generation, but this light is the True Light of Spiritual Revelation, its the Light of Life Jn 8:12

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Jn 1:4

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

This light is the result of spiritual life given, which Christ communicates to all His Redeemed Ones.

Light follows Redemption Job 33:28

28 He will deliver his soul from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light

That word deliver is the word padah and means:

to ransom, redeem, rescue, deliver

And what follows, His Life which was redeemed shall see the Light !

Now in Jn 1:9 the emphasis is on the scope of them who shall receive the True Spiritual Light, those of His redeemed ones throughout the world, and not just in the the land of Palestine, and so fulfill the ancient Prophecies of Isa 42:6

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

Isa 49:6

6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Lk 2:32

32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

Which Light is converting Acts 26:17-18

17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

The ESV reads Jn 1:9

9 The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world.

So the coming into the world qualifies Christ, which of His coming results in light being given to all the elect or Covenant People of both the jews and gentiles, His Israel !

So John 1:9 does not apply to the non elect, or all of mankind without exception. The Light here given in John 1:9 is Converting Spiritual Light given with Salvation Lk 1:77

77 To give knowledge[enlightenment] of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,