Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

beloved57

Under Grace !

Under Grace !

Rom 6:14-15

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Now just when is it that those whom Jesus Christ died for, died in the stead of and in behalf of, when are they under Grace ?

Those who Christ died for, even though they are born as other people as sinners, ungodly, unjust and etc, nevertheless they are born into a state of and under Grace. They are not condemned fr their sins as other people are when they are born sinners. This is true because as they are being enemies like all sinners are by nature, they have the distinct privilege of having been reconciled to God by His Death. Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

That word reconciled is the greek word katallassō and means:

to change, exchange, as coins for others of equivalent value

a) to reconcile (those who are at variance)

b) return to favour with, be reconciled to one

c) to receive one into favour

That word favour means Grace !

It means they are, even while enemies, in a state of being approved by God ! What Grace !

They are not like their co sinners condemned by God when born into this world as ungodly sinners. Now how can this be True ?

Because of Jesus Christ their Surety, He in His obedience obedience unto death, in their behalf, rendered perfect satisfaction to God's Law, He hath fully paid its obligations for them, both in practical law keeping, and in satisfying their obligations for punishment for transgressing it; and for that reason alone, God receives them into His Favour, His Approval, in Christ. He is well pleased with them, yes, even while they themselves before conversion are being His enemies, they are even then, Under Grace, through Jesus Christ !

beloved57

Am known of Mine !

Am known of Mine !

Jn 10:14

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Here is a Truth that is very much overlooked, and that is, those whom Belong to Christ,shall savingly know Him in their Lifetime. For it would be impossible for anyone of His Sheep, to live the entirety of their lives without knowing Jesus Christ as their Saviour,to not know their Shepherd experientially, because if so, Jesus would be a Liar here in Jn 10:14.

Grant it, none of the Lost Sheep are born naturally knowing Him, for by nature all are without a Saving Knowledge of Christ, in fact, that was a great design in His Mission as their Saviour Jn 17:3

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

For that is part of the Eternal Life experience He gives them. This Knowledge is promised by Covenant, notice one of the Blessings of the New Covenant Heb 8:11

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Now lets remember Jesus words in Jn 10:14 ! Its the same Shepherd of the Sheep that is Speaking in Heb 8:11,which promises all shall know Me. For He is the Mediator of the Covenant Heb 8:6, of which also He shed His Blood Heb 13:20

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd[Jn 10:14] of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

And because of this blood shed of the Covenant, all the Sheep shall Know Him, and so Jesus is True and Faithful Witness in saying Jn 10:14 " am known of mine"

If any Sheep Christ died for does not come into a Saving Knowledge of Their Shepherd, then Christ has bore false witness ! Which I know cannot be True because, it is written Rev 3:14

14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

beloved57

Heirs of God, and Joint-Heirs with Christ

Heirs of God, and Joint-Heirs with Christ

Rom 8:17

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Those who are the Sons of God 1 Jn 3:1, are sons or children of God due to their Eternal Union and Election in Christ, the Eternally Begotten Mediatorial Son.Now in this Eternal Sonship of Christ, He is the Heir of His Father Heb 1:1-2

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom [The Heir Son] also he made the worlds;

And because of the children's Election in Him, They're also being son's of God or Children of God Heb 2:13,4

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Then they are Joint-Heirs with Him. Remember Paul wrote 1 Cor 3:21-23

21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's;

22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's;

23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

Now the question may be asked, were they Children before being in flesh and blood which did begin in Adam, and the answer is Yes !

Especially when we consider this scripture, already quoted above Heb 2:14

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Now understand this by analogy, it was not for their partaking of flesh and blood [via Adam] that designated them the Children of God, not in any more sense as it was Christ's, who in like manner partook of the same [flesh and blood] that designated Him the Son of God, for remember He was manifested, and not that He became the Son of God at His Incarnation 1 Jn 3:8, so He was absolutely the Son of God before He partook of flesh and blood as He was after becoming flesh and blood; Hence as His Sonship with the Father was not in any sense changed by His partaking of Flesh and Blood, so it was not in the case of His Brethren, His Members, the Children Chosen in Him, when they partook of flesh and blood in Adam, and their consequent sinning in him. BTW, though its not a popular teaching, if taught at all now a days, but Adam was in the beginning only the Federal and Covenant Head in flesh and blood of the Sons of God Lk 3:38

38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

beloved57

Eph 2:1 !

Eph 2:1 !

Eph 2:1

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Who is Paul speaking of here ? He is speaking specifically of Christ's Body the Church, for look what it comes after Eph 1:18-22

18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

The Lord Jesus Christ's spiritual body of which He was and is the Head of was lost, dead in trespasses and sins Lk 19:10, however it has been raised up together with it's Head Eph 2:5-6

5 Even when we[His Church] were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

6 And hath raised us [His Body] up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

The Lord Jesus Christ as the risen Spiritual Head of His Dead Body, He gives life to it, to all of its members which are born dead in sin,and so as their risen Head and Saviour, He is unto them a Life giving Spirit 1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

That word quickening is the greek word zóopoieó:

I make to live,

I make that which was dead to live, cause to live, quicken.

And so each member of His Dead Body according to the will of God shall be given Life by Christ, they shall be caused to Live,like Lazarus was ! However this is Spiritual and Eternal Life He gives them !

beloved57

obeying the truth through the Spirit !

1 Pet 1:22

22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

Gal 3:1

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

What Truth is here meant ? Obeying the Truth ! Gal 5:7

7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

The Truth is the Gospel, the Truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

But understand how they obeyed the Truth by Peters words here 1 Pet 1:22

Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

It [ the obedience] was through the Spirit ! The word through is the preposition dia which means:

through

a) of place

1) with

2) in

b) of time

1) throughout

2) during

c) of means

1) by

2) by the means of

2) through

a) the ground or reason by which something is or is not done

1) by reason of

2) on account of

3) because of for this reason

4) therefore

5) on this account

The Spirit of Christ being the author of the action to obey the Truth. This is New Covenant talk Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do[obey] them.

2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

This is what Peter means by obeying the Truth through the Spirit in 1 Pet 1:22.

Belief of the Truth and obeying the Truth are the same.

Those who teach believing or obeying the Gospel apart from the New Birth and through it are teaching lies !

beloved57

We receive Grace from His Fulness !

We receive Grace from His Fulness !

Jn 1:16

16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

Who are the we who receive Grace from His Fulness ? Its His Body the Church, those whom He represented in His Life and Death. Rom 5:17

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Col 1:18-19

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness [Of Grace] dwell;

The Body of Jesus Christ is by Him its Head given Grace Eph 4:7

7 But unto every one of us[His Body [See Eph 4:4]] is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

All for whom Christ died,that is each member of His Body that He is the Saviour of Eph 5:23

For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the Saviour of the body.

They shall receive from Him an alloted portion of Grace, first to believe in Him Acts 18:27 and then to serve in their function in His Body as had been ordained for them Eph 2:10.

Remember when Paul said 1 Tim 1:14

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

That is He received it [Grace] in abundance from Christ, it giving him faith and love for Christ so he can now begin his ministry for Christ !

Paul here was describing the effects of having been given that measure of the gift of Grace [Eph 4:7] that was communicated to him, and so it is with all the members of His Body that He is the Saviour of Jn 1:16

16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

beloved57

Sanctified by or in the Truth !

Sanctified by or in the Truth !

Jn 17:17-20

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

All for whom Christ died, which His statement in Vs 19 means "And for their sakes I sanctify myself"

All for whom He died shall be sometime in their physical life sanctified in the Truth ! They shall be brought to know and believe the Truth 1 Tim 2:4

This is accomplished by the Spirit for them in behalf of Christ 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

This Divine Work of the Spirit in them causes them to Acknowledge the Truth 2 Tim 2:25

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

Its the same word also in 1 Tim 2:4

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge or acknowledging of the truth.

And it causes them to walk in Truth as Per 2 Jn 1:1-4

The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;

2 For the truth's sake, which dwelleth[remaining] in us, and shall be with us for ever.

3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

4 I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.

BTW, this walking in Truth is permanent as depicted in Vs 2 it will dwell in True Believers

And shall be in company with them forever,this is another Truth for Eternal Security also !

This is a guaranteed blessing for everyone Christ sanctified Himself for their sakes Jn 17:19

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

If just one for whom He died does not become by the Spirit sanctified in the Truth, both He and the Father are to be blamed for this careless mishap.

For Jn 17:17 is an Imperative, based upon the Father keeping Covenant with the Son for the Son has done what was required for those He died for to receive this Blessing !

beloved57

The dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God !

The dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God !

John 5:25

25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

Many today who deny the total inability of the natural man to do anything spiritually because they are dead to God verses being alive to God, they appeal to this verse for proof that those dead spiritually can hear the voice or word of God and because of it they shall live ! But that is contrary to the Truth of scripture, for one who is not OF GOD Hears not the Words of God, this cannot be made more plainer than here by the Saviour Himself Jn 8:47

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Now John 5:25 is best typified by the vision of dead bones in Ezekiel 37:1-5,11

It will be seen that the dead do hear and Live ! The Prophet Ezekiel is a Type of Christ, the Son of man Ezk 37:3

3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest.

And as such he is directed, commissioned by the Authority of God to speak to them, a specific people [ the house of Israel /elect people Vs 11] to prophesy upon these dead bones Vs 4

4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord.

Notice how the type of Christ, Ezekiel declares authoritatively " O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord"

Now understand, this was not due to the dead dry bones having in and of themselves the ability to hear,it was not their freewill choice to hear or not to hear the word of the Lord, however they would be caused to hear by a power outside of themselves, a Power accompanied by the Voice of the Commissioned Prophet.

The dead are enabled to hear and Live by a communication of life to them, which they had not of themselves. This also typifies the New Covenant Ministry Paul speaks of here 2 Cor 3:5-6

5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament/covenant; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. See Jn 6:63 in this connection !

The Spirit will communicate Life to all concerned in the Covenant Death of Christ Matt 26:28, and this Life enables them to hear the Word of the Lord Preached to them, their hearing is the evidence that by miracle spiritual life has been communicated, as the dead Lazarus hearing the voice of Christ and coming forth was an evidence that life had been communicated to him which was dead, and the same is True of all who hear and Live Eph 2:1,5 ! Hearing is an Evidence of Life !

beloved57

Corrupt according to the deceitful lusts !

Corrupt according to the deceitful lusts !

Eph 4:22

That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

Was their such lusts in Adam and Eve before they sinned ?

beloved57

Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power !

Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power !

Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

David here had been given a vision of His risen Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, for lets look at the preceding verses of this sacred text Ps 110:1-2

The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

2 The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

Now Verse 1 is describing Christ as the resurrected Lord, we know this from Acts 2:32-35

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

And from Vs 31 we know David spake of the Resurrection of Christ Acts 2:31

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

Now David in this Glorious Vision saw His Lord risen and exalted to a Throne of Glory and His People Vs 3.

Now who are the Risen Lords People here ? Why its the Lord Jesus Christ's Church, His Body, for He arose as the Head of His Body the Church Col 1:18

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead/His Resurrection]; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Eph 1:20-23

20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church[His People],

23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

So its the Church of God and Christ that David See's in the Vision as that People that shall be made willing in the Day of His Power,speaking to the one it was said Ps 110:1

The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Now did not the Risen Christ proclaim Matt 28:18

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

So its the Day of His Power ! Ps 110:3

The word power in Matt 28:18 means:

power of choice, liberty of doing as one pleases

a) leave or permission

2) physical and mental power

a) the ability or strength with which one is endued, which he either possesses or exercises

3) the power of authority (influence) and of right (privilege)

4) the power of rule or government (the power of him whose will and commands must be submitted to by others and obeyed)

Thats why His People are made willing, obedient in the Day of His Power !

Again the Day of His Power following His Resurrection is declared here 1 Pet 3:22

22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

Being made subject to Him,meaning obeying Him, made to submit !

Again where does David see His Lord in Ps 110:1

Where is Christ here in 1 Pet 3:22

22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

Is it not the same ? So the made willing People in the Day of the Risen Saviour's Power is His Church, His Body, His Israel !

oatmeal

2 Tim 3:15-16

16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

As we read and study the scriptures, God has been pleased at times to give us certain light and understanding on a particular portion of scripture; and as we feel the desire to testify to that Truth, it at times is difficult in placing it in any given Thread. So I would like to introduce a thread that is designed for varied Truth's of scripture, not really given to any certain subject, but yet its Truth the same.

The first scripture passage i will begin with is 2 Tim 1:9-10

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

What death is abolished, and what light and immortality is brought to light via the Gospel ?

Now in a real sense Christ hath abolished even physical death, but that only to be the last enemy to be manifested as destroyed at His Second Coming, when it will be declared 1 Cor 15:54-55,51-52

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

And at His coming, some Saints will have never tasted of physical death, which will indicate the abolishment of death physically vs

51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

But yet, even in this present life Christ by His death hath for the elect of God, hath abolished spiritual death, which by nature they are born dead in trespasses and sins Eph 2:1,5

1And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

This being dead, is a death that Christ hath abolished. The word abolished is the greek word katargeō and means:

to render idle, unemployed, inactivate, inoperative

a) to cause a person or thing to have no further efficiency

b) to deprive of force, influence, power

2) to cause to cease, put an end to, do away with, annul, abolish

a) to cease, to pass away, be done away

b) to be severed from, separated from, discharged from, loosed from any one

c) to terminate all intercourse with one

Yes, for those whom Christ died and abolished death for, He for them causes spiritual death to cease, He puts an end to it, He annuls or abolishes it. Now How does He do that ?

Grace and peace,

Believers have been given the gift of eternal life/salvation/righteousness/holy spirit.

Romans 6:23, etc.

Death has no permanent power over us.

Although we may die before Christ's return, our rising up is guaranteed.

I Thessalonians 4:13-18

Thus, death for us is but a hitting of the "pause button"

When Christ returns, the "play button" will be permanently activated!

oatmeal

beloved57

oat

Believers have been given the gift of eternal life/salvation/righteousness/holy spirit.

Do you understand the post you quoted of mine ? Please rehearse with me the points I made with scripture whether you agree or not !

beloved57

Drawn to Christ !

Drawn to Christ !

When those are said to be drawn to Christ Jn 12:32

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

This is not a natural drawing but a spiritual and heavenly drawing, or a heavenly attraction,in fact its a captivated spouse running after the Love of her heart !

Song of Solomon 1:4

Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.

This attraction is not forceful against ones will, but the one being drawn is made willing in the Day of Power Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

Because this attraction is heavenly and spiritual, the ones being attracted must be heavenly and spiritual Heb 3:1

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

To be drawn by Christ here Jn 12:32 is to be gathered to Him or brought to Him. Jesus said of those Gentile sheep outside of His Jewish Sheep Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice [call]; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

That word bring is the greek word ago: to move, impel: of forces and influences on the mind, to lead, guide, direct

The word draw of Jn 12:32 is the greek word helko and it means:

to draw, drag off

2) metaph., to draw by inward power, lead, impel

So the drawing of Jn 12:32 is the bringing of Jn 10:16, Christ's voice in Jn 10:16 is His Call of His Sheep or His Bride Jn 10:3

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

beloved57

Why ?

Why ?

Why did Job, a Man that feared God, and God had stated this about him Job 1:1,8

There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

Why did he say this about himself ? Job 40:3-4

3 Then Job answered the Lord, and said,

4 Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth.

Compare to Paul's 7:24ff

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

The english word wretched means vile !

beloved57

Christ's Resurrection from the dead means Two things !

Christ's Resurrection from the dead means Two things !

The Lord Jesus Christ resurrection means at least Two things for all whom He died #1 Its an evidence that those He died for are not in their sins 1 Cor 15:17-18

17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.

You see, Faith is the spiritual grace that embraces the fact that Christ died for ones sins, and His Blood has taken them out the way before God's Law and Justice once and for all !

But if Christ did not rise from the dead, then are those He died for still in their sins and they believed a lie !

#2 The Resurrection of Christ is the evidence of the fact that all for whom Christ died, that they are Justified before God from all their sins Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for [because of ] our offences, and was raised again for[because of] our justification.

beloved57

What about Jn 8:24

What about Jn 8:24

Jn 8:24

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Jesus here indicates that some shall die in their sins, if they believe not on Him ! And of course if they believe not it is because they were not of His Sheep Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because or since ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

That should automatically tell us, they are of those for whom sins He did not die. Why is the True ? Heb 1:3

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

Because by His Death, the sins of those He died for have been purged away

Also He hath made an end of them before God's Law and Justice Fan 9:24

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Its simply impossible for anyone Christ died for, for them to die in their sins, even unbelief which is part of their sins Christ put an end to, all their Transgression have been blotted out Isa 43:25

25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Col 2:13-14

13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

If God punishes or if any die in their sins in unbelief for whom Christ died,then God has broken His Covenant and He does remember their sins, Look again at Isa 43:25

25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Heb 8:12

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Their unbelief is their unrighteousness, God shall be merciful to their unbelief as indicated here Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief,[Why Paul ?] that he might have mercy upon all.

So if God punishes those Christ died for, for their their unbelief, then He failed to have mercy on them and lied about being merciful to their unrighteousness !

So hence, those in Jn 8:24 who shall die in their sins, They were not the objects of Christ's Covenant Death Matt 26:28, and so will die in their own sins.

Believing in Christ folks is only a privilege for those Christ died for ! Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

beloved57

Rom 10:9-10 Evidences not conditions !

Rom 10:9-10 Evidences not conditions !

Rom 10:9-10

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

When any person, jew or gentile, believes with their heart as here stated, its an evidence that they have partaken of the New Covenant Blessings, that God has Blessed them in Covenant Faithfulness with a New Heart of Flesh, and that He has taken away that stony heart, this is Fruit of Christ's Covenant Death for the Elect Ezk 36:26

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Such a Heart along with a New Spirit put within causes them to believe believe on Christ with the Heart, to obey the Gospel .

And these believers shall not fall away as those do who received the word with a stony ground heart as here Matt 13:20-21

20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

You see that does not happen with the New Heart and where the stony heart has been taken away Ezk 36:26

Again Lk 8:13

13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

The words fall away here are the same words for depart from here 1 Tim 4:1

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Now we know why Lk 8:13, they have no root, they received the word with stony heart Matt 13:20-21.

This stony heart is taken away in the New Birth Ezk 36:26

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you[New Birth]: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

So then the Gospel which falls upon good ground [New Heart] or the New Heart of flesh Ezk 36:26 ; Matt 13:23

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

And thats who are being described in Rom 10:9-10, its activity denoting having been given a New Heart and a New Spirit ! For unregenerate jews would not do those things !

beloved57

And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father

And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father

1 Jn 2:1-2

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Who is John speaking of here ? Stating :

"if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father"

Many will answer this question by saying it is believers that John says that of, which is also True, but its Just as True for any and all for whom Christ died and has propitiated the Wrath of God in their behalf !

His Advocacy for ,one is not based upon that one's faith in Him, but its based upon His Death or Blood for them, If He died for us, He maketh Intercession for us Rom 8:33-34

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

One of the definitions for the greek word for advocate paraklētos:

one who pleads another's cause with one, an intercessor

So if and when we sin, or even while in a state of sinfulness, as all believers are as unbelievers and by nature, when being in ourselves enemies and children of wrath as others, nevertheless they have an advantage over those who Christ did not die for, that Christ is still being their advocate, and this being the case, even when they are enemies, they have been reconciled to God by His Death, which is the meritorious cause for His Advocacy Intercession !

Being a Advocate is also why God does not charge or Impute sin to anyone Christ died for. Christ defends them, and by His Blood Vindicates them ! The word vindicate :

to clear, as from an accusation, imputation, suspicion, or the like:

So those Christ died for it can be said of them Rom 4:8

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin. Or 2 Cor 5:19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

For all Christ died, whether believers or not, He is their Advocate, which does eventually lead to their coming to God by Him Heb 7:25

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession / Be an Advocate for them.

beloved57

But what about Rom 5:14 ?

But what about Rom 5:14 ?

Rom 5:14

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Now who are they that did not sin in the simlitude / representation of Adam's Transgression as stated here ? It means that not all mankind in the beginning was represented in Adam when he did Transgress, but nevertheless death reigned over them, yet not as a direct result of Adam's sin as others Rom 5:12

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Now some may argue that the exceptions in Rom 5:14 refers to baby's, however that is not true, for babies sinned in their Representatives, some in Adam, their being born sinners evidences they were made sinners by Adam's Transgression Rom 5:19a

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Now, Adam only represented the Elect, The Children of God that had partook in flesh and blood in Adam Heb 2:14

14 Forasmuch then as the children[Of God] are partakers of flesh and blood[In Adam], he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

For the Elect did sin in the similitude / representation of Adam's Transgression, for He was their Covenant Head at Creation, made in the Image and Likeness of God !

However, the non elect, the tares, the children of the wicked one, they were not in Adam at the Fall of mankind in Him, but they were in their Father the Devil Jn 8:44 who also sinned in the beginning 1 Jn 3:8. They , the children of the devil were added on Adam's natural posterity because as a consequence of He and Eves sin, Now her conception in childbirths would not only be for the Elect Godly Seed as it originated in Creation Mal 2:15

15 And did not he[God] make one[Adam and Eve]? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.

Now that purpose was not thwarted by the fall, but now Eves conception would be multiplied to add on another seed. Gen 3:16

16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

This was so that they would now by their natural sexual relations would generate not only the seed of the Godly of which Christ would come, but also the seed of the ungodly which would persecute the Godly Seed. So now both seeds had a vehicle given to have physical life. Now Two Nations or Manner of Peoples would replenish the Earth for God's Purpose in Christ. The Holy Nation separated unto God, and that people which would be a Nation of evil doers forever.

This point is made clear by God's words to Isaac's wife Rebekah here Gen 25:21-23

21 And Isaac intreated the Lord for his wife, because she was barren: and the Lord was intreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.

22 And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus? And she went to enquire of the Lord.

23 And the Lord said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.

God was also revealing to her His Eternal Purpose of Election Rom 9:10-13.

The same had been True with Eve, for her firstborn cain was not her seed, but of another manner of people than her godly seed son Abel. Remember when Seth was born in the place of Abel whom cain persecuted and murdered, Eve stated this about Seth Gen 4:25

25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

She did not acknowledge cain as her seed as she did Abel and Seth ! And rightly so, for cain was of that wicked one 1 Jn 3:8, though he was born a man Gen 4:1

And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

Nothing about being her seed, for he was not of the godly seed Mal 2:15!

So that's why Rom 5:14 does exist, for not all mankind sinned in Adam, I know this is a very difficult Truth for the natural mind to accept !

beloved57

The True Worshippers of God !

The True Worshippers of God !

Jn 4:23

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

The ethnic jews of the Old Covenant, in and of themselves were not the True Worshippers of God, never have been and never will be, for they for the majority had not the Spirit of God, and therefore did not worship in Spirit and in Truth, for if they did, they would have embraced Christ when He came as the promise Saviour as Simeon did Lk 2:25-32

25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.

26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

27 And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,

28 Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,

29 Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:

30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,

He also knew this was not a carnal ethnic national Salvation, but one for all people and spiritual Vs 31-32

31 Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;

32 A light[spiritual] to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

Very Very few ethnic jews were as this Saint of God!

Therefore the majority did not worship God in Spirit and in Truth, meaning they did not have Faith in Christ Jn 4:22-24

22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

No one can Worship God without the Holy Spirit of God ! Now though Christ made these comments to a Samaritan women, who was only part jewish, that does not discount the fact the majority of the full blooded jews also did not know what they worshipped See Matt 15:1-9. The ethnic jews of Christ's day, their worship of God was apostate, So when Christ says "we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews." Identifying Himself with the We Know, He most certainly did not mean mere ethnic jews according to the flesh, who were apostate, idolaters and ignorant Rom 10:1-3

Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

But Jesus was referring to those jews in that nation who were jews inwardly by heart circumcision as Simeon, they knew who they Worshipped Rom 2:29

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Jesus in the flesh could and did Identify with such jews, for this circumcision of the heart is what constitutes one who worships God in the Spirit Phil 3:3

3 For we [Gentile and jewish Believers] are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Confidence in the flesh includes one trusting in their physical relationship with Abraham as ethnic jew as that which makes them special to God. Thats confidence in the flesh Rom 9:8

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.