Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

beloved57

Did Christ die for sinners ?

Did Christ die for sinners ?

Rom 5:8

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Did Christ die for sinners ? Yes ! Are all men without exception sinners by nature ? Absolutely Yes Did Christ die for the Ungodly ? Yes Rom 5:6

For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

Are all men without exception by nature Ungodly ? No question about it, Yes !

Now did Christ die for all sinners and all ungodly without exception ? No, but only some of them.

Now how so we know this ? A couple of ways, in the first place scripture, none of scripture ever teaches that Christ's death was in the stead of everyone in the World without exception, that notion has been introduced into the word of God by false teachers and prophets and preachers. Secondly, All sinners that Christ died for shall be saved by His Life ! How do we know this ? For it is what scripture teaches here in Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Now for Christ to have died for all sinners without exception, Two things here must be resultive according to Rom 5:10 #1 They all were reconciled to God by that Death of Christ, even while being enemies, and #2 Thus reconciled as enemies, They all shall be saved by His Life ! Now if all men without exception are not saved by His Life, then all men without exception were not reconciled to God by His Death, which means Christ's Death was not for them , even though they were sinners like the ones that shall be saved by His Life !

beloved57

He came to both to seek and to save that which was Lost !

He came to both to seek and to save that which was Lost !

Lk 19:10

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

All for whom Christ died, are in a legal sense saved by His Death before they believe. This being saved legally was accomplished over Two Thousand yrs ago at Calvary's Cross. This saving occurred by Christ's active and passive obedience. By Active obedience we mean that Christ while living upon this earth, He perfectly kept the Law for them He died for; and by passive obedience we mean that on the tree He satisfied the Justice of God, which was meted out upon Him for all the transgressions of theirs against God's Holy Law, and on these reasons, He has legally saved all for whom He died; for they are all saved and delivered from the penalty of sin [ Redemption Heb 9:12] All these individuals as far as God's Justice is concerned can never be charged with one sin Rom 8:33 against God's Law, yes even unbelief is included, for its a sin against the very first commandment since Jesus is Jehovah God !

In this legal sense, all for whom Christ died are saved before they believe, and before they receive the Good News of their Salvation ,on what Christ hath done for their soul !

beloved57

These are our works too !

These are our works too !

The definition of works in the bible. Its the greek word ergon :

business, employment, that which any one is occupied

a) that which one undertakes to do, enterprise, undertaking

2) any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

3) an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasised in opp. to that which is less than work

Therefore the act of believing, decisions

we make, choosing, accepting, these are all activities or works performances of a persons mind, and are therefore their works according to the definition of the word ergon.

Lets look at and define the word decision as in making a decision.

the act or process of deciding; determination, as of a question or doubt, by making a judgment: They must make a decision between these two contestants.

Ergon specifically says a work is an act #3

Now how man in religion today believe they were saved by God after making a decision to accept Jesus Christ as their Saviour ? If you are one that did that, you believe that you were saved by your work !

Notice #2 A work is anything accomplished or done by hand, art industry or mind !

The word mind means:

(in a human or other conscious being) the element, part, substance, or process that reasons, thinks, feels, wills,

So if you believe you were saved because you believed, then you were saved because of something you done or accomplished with your mind, or your will, thats Salvation by Works, according to the Word Ergon Paul was inspired to use !

beloved57

Something about Repentance !

Something about Repentance !

Repentance, when Granted by God to us, it releases one from the captivity of satan, in order that we can believe or acknowledge the Truth, that is it causes us to turn from lies and idols and false teaching and receive the Truth 2 Tim 2:25-26

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

All of us by nature have been taken captive of the devil at his will ! It started in the garden with adam and eve.

Now all for whom Christ died He ransoms and redeems from the devils captivity and snare, and so it is stated that God gives Repentance unto life Acts 11:18

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

This Life is unto the acknowledging of the Truth, turning them from gentile darkness and Idolatry Acts 26:17-18

17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

This was accomplished by the Covenant Blood of Christ. This was foretold in prophecy Isa 42:6-7

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners [or captives] from the prison [of unbelief], and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

All those Christ died for was enclosed unto unbelief Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

The word concluded is the greek word sygkleiō and means:

to shut up together, enclose

a) of a shoal of fishes in a net

2) to shut up on all sides, shut up completely

Thats what the prisoners are in Isa 42:7

7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

That word prison is the hebrew word macger and means:

a shutting up, locksmith, smith, dungeon, enclosure, builder of bulwarks

So Christ's Covenant Blood, having paid the ransom price for them, recovers them out of captivity, having been taken captive by the devil. So it is, whenever one acknowledges the Truth of God, we know that Christ's ransom and redemption freed them from captivity unto the acknowledging of the Truth !

beloved57

Life is in the Blood !

Life is in the Blood !

This is especially true of the Blood of the Lamb, for His Blood produces Life ! Many in organized religion really do not understand the accomplishment of Christ's Blood or His Death [for they are the same thing] that it effects Life ! For instance when Paul says that those Christ died for, which were reconciled to God by His Death, they being reconciled, shall be saved by His Life, He does not mean by that, that Christ's Death in and of itself does not save them, but rather, His Death effects the Life that saves us, because Life is in the blood. When Jesus spake of the corn of wheat falling to the ground and dying that it bringeth forth much fruit, the Fruit is Eternal Life through His Death or Blood, its Spiritual Converts Jn 12:24

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

His Fruit is He becoming to them He died for a Life Giving Spirit 1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

That word quickening means:

to produce alive, beget or bear

Jesus said He giveth His Life [blood] for the World Jn 6:33,51

33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

For Christ's Life is Our Life if He died for you and rose again for us Col 3:4

4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Life is in the Blood !

beloved57

The Lord will not impute sin.

The Lord will not impute sin.

Rom 4:8

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

This person or these persons are blessed because God will never count their sins against them.

He will never take their sins into account, thats why its said of them Blessed are they ! That word blesses means Happy, to be envied !

Why be envied ? Because its a Blessing from God that is not for everyone without exception but only a special chosen few !

Now who are these men that are Blessed, Happy, and to be envied ? They are any man or woman that the Lord Jesus Christ died for. Yes, thats correct, the reason being, anyone whom He died for , He had their chargeable sins and guilt imputed to Him and so their sins and transgressions against the Law of God can not be charged or imputed to them, not ever !

This applies also to a whole World of men 2 Cor 5:19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

These people have, solely based upon the fact that God will not impute sin unto them, cancellation or forgiveness of all their sins !

Notice Vs 7 Rom 4:7-8

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Its the same blessing, Non Imputation of sin and forgiveness of sin!

Ps 32:1-2

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

This applies to everyone Christ died for !

beloved57

The Purpose of the Law !

The Purpose of the Law !

1 Tim 1:8

But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

They main purpose of the Law was to show the Elect of God their Need of Redemption. Paul an Elect sinner said this about the Law Rom 7:7-13

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

Now the Holy Spirit through faithful preaching is the best user of God's law to bring God's Chosen People to Faith in Jesus Christ.

The Law shows the quickened elect sinner their ruination in the fall of adam and hpw it experientially constituted them helpless sinners !

Thats how it becomes a schoolmaster to bring the elect seed to Christ Gal 3:24-26

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

beloved57

As many as the Lord our God shall call !

As many as the Lord our God shall call !

Acts 2:39

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Whenever this phrase is used " as many as" that denotes only some, or a limited amount, does not include all without exception !

All whom God calls from both the jews and Gentiles as Per Rom 9:24

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

This is not an external call but an inward call by the Spirit !

Back to our text, there is a promise annexed to all that God shall Call, and that promise is that they shall receive the Gift of the Spirit Acts 2:38

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The Spirit is promised to all that God shall Call of the jews and Gentiles, for this is in accord with the redemptive Work of Christ Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Thats the Promise Peter meant in Acts 2:39

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

This promise is not based upon water baptism but the Redemption of Christ's Blood, His Cross Work !

Now the Word Faith here in Gal 3:14

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

As in through faith, refers to Christ and His Faithfulness to the Covenant Engagement that required Him being made a curse, and by that He secured the promise of the Spirit for all the Seed of Abraham, from amongst the jews and gentiles. Remember after He ascended to the Father, it is said He received the promise from of the Spirit Acts 2:33

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

This was so that all whom He died and redeemed should receive the Promise of the Spirit, this is the Spiritual Seed of Abraham both jew and Gentiles Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

The Heirs of Promise are the same who receive the Spirit of Promise ! The OT Promise was that a seed would have the Spirit poured upon it Isa 44:3

3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

And Gal 3:14 confirms that the Gentiles were part of that Seed ! And so it is through Faith in that regards as well, according to the Faith of scripture !

And so all whom God Calls or as many as God calls receive the Promise of the Spirit !

beloved57

Sanctification by God !

Sanctification by God !

One of the most misunderstood and corrupted doctrines by man is that of Sanctification, but Sanctification is first and foremost by the Triune God, The Father, Son, and the Spirit. The primary meaning of the word is that of being set apart unto God for an Holy purpose, exclusively d apart from all others; This is similar to how the vessels of tabernacle or temple were set apart unto God. Again there is a Sanctification that all believers that ever has been partake of the Triune God.

There is a Sanctification by the Father Jude 1:1

1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

The Father Sanctified all whom He chose and gave to Christ before the foundation of the World Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Having first chose His Son, He with Him chose Him a Bride,so the Son always recognizes them as the ones given to Him by His Father:

Heb 2:13

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Jn 6:37

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Jn 17:1-2,6

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

Speaking of His Sheep Jesus says Jn 10:29

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

And they were Loved by the Father with Him at the same time in Eternity Jn 17:23-24

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me [and them] before the foundation of the world.

This has been sanctification by the Father !

beloved57

Sanctification by God ! 2

Sanctification by God ! 2

Now secondly, all Sanctified by the Father in Election before the foundation of the World, are Sanctified by the Son according to the Fathers Will by His Death Heb 10:7-10

7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Sanctification by the offering of the Body of Christ means by His Death when He bare our sins in His Body 1 Pet 2:24 !

This was the Fathers Will ! The greek word for will is thelēma:

what one wishes or has determined shall be done

a) of the purpose of God to bless mankind through Christ

b) of what God wishes to be done by us

1) commands, precepts

2) will, choice, inclination, desire, pleasure

God determined that to be done by the Death of Christ !

The word sanctified in Vs 10 is in the perfect tense which tense means:

Perfect Tense
The basic thought of the perfect tense is that the progress of an action has been completed and the results of the action are continuing on, in full effect. In other words, the progress of the action has reached its culmination and the finished results are now in existence. Unlike the English perfect, which indicates a completed past action, the Greek perfect tense indicates the continuation and present state of a completed past action.

For example, Galatians 2:20 should be translated "I am in a present state of having been crucified with Christ," indicating that not only was I crucified with Christ in the past, but I am existing now in that present condition.
"...having been rooted and grounded in love," Eph 3:17

So in reality all for whom Christ offered Himself in behalf of are set part for the service of God before they come forth from the womb,similar to Jeremiah Jer 1:5

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Yes, even when we are born enemies by nature like others, we have been Sanctified to the service of God by the Offering of Christ. Also we have been reconciled to God by Christ's Death even while enemies !

This Sanctification was accomplished once and for all exclusively by Christ's Sacrificial Death or Offering to the Father, for He was an Offering a Gift, a Sacrifice. The Hebrew writer said again about the Death of Christ Heb 13:12

12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

Again, this Sanctification is solely with His Own Blood !

beloved57

Sanctification by God ! 3

Sanctification by God ! 3

Thirdly, there is a Sanctification of the Spirit unto belief of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

This is needed because even the Sanctification by the Father in Eternal Election and the Sanctification of the Son by His Offering Death, neither of those in and of themselves deliver the Elect from Unbelief, but the Sanctification if the Spirit does, His Work results in Belief of the Truth. It is what Jesus meant also here Jn 16:8-9

8 And when he[The Spirit] is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

None can believe the Truth until His Mighty Work of Sanctification is performed in us !

Jesus also prayed that all for whom He died would experience this Work of the Spirit Jn 17:19

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

This intercession of Christ is answered here in 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Those Christ died for cannot be Sanctified by the Truth unless they believe it, acknowledge it ! Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

The Truth of God is also Sanctified. All Three phases of these Sanctifications are established realties before the Sanctified ones believes the Truth, in fact, its why they do Believe, its phase #3 The Sanctification of the Spirit that enables the Sanctified ones of the Father and Son to Acknowledge the Truth !

Last edited:

beloved57

God condemned sin in the flesh !

God condemned sin in the flesh !

Rom 8:3

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

That is all the sins of God's Elect He did, or Christ's Church, all their sins against God's Law were condemned in the Flesh of Christ or in His Body; For that is also what is meant here 1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. See 1 Pet 1:2 as to whom Peter means Our Sins !

So Our Sins [ The Elect according to the foreknowledge of God] were imputed or charged unto Him, that is to say Christ, and He came under the condemnation of the Law for them, So He bare them. In Him God's Justice was satisfied for Our Sins ! A Body was prepared Him, in order to be condemned for our sins in the Body Rom 8:3

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

And so all for whom He was condemned in the flesh for or in behalf of, they can never bear any condemnation from God for any of their sins they have, or are or shall commit, and that forever,for that would be Unjust of God. So those in Jn 3:18 who are unbelievers cannot be anyone Christ died for and was condemned for in the Flesh !

beloved57

Dead to the Law

Dead to the Law

Rom 7:4-6

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

All for whom Christ died are legally dead to the Law of God as far as condemnation is concerned, but its not until we are dead to the law experientially that we are enabled to serve God in the Newness of Spirit. Again legally all for whom Christ died for are dead to the law [in ignorance of it] in that the Law cannot never condemned them before God because of their Transgressions, because all of its Holy Precepts have been forever obeyed for them by Jesus Christ, and the Penalty of death for them has been accomplished by His Death, so technically and legally they are set free from the Law or Justified from it.

However by nature we do not realize this and so its natural for man o be doing in order to find Justification before God. Its not until the elect one is converted by New Birth to Christ that they see their freedom from the Law and their deserving condemnation through the Work of Christ for them. It is then the converted one is enabled now to serve God through Christ in Newness of Spirit, out of Love and not mercenary fear and legalism trusting in their own good efforts and works !

beloved57

Dead to the Law cont

Dead to the Law cont

Its not until the elect one is converted and having been shown their completeness in Christ Col 2:10,and that He has Justified them before God by His Righteousness Charged or imputed to them, not until then can we serve out of Newness of Spirit. Serving God any other way and motive than Love for free Salvation out of Christ, solely conditioned on the Eternal Redemption we have in Christ through His Blood Eph 1:7 and Heb 9:12 is worthless dead religion and the way of Cain ! Without a perception of that Eternal Redeeming Love that rescued us out of our sins through Jesus Christ, all we do is as Paul says here in 1 Cor 13:1-3

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Its all dead works of religion Heb 9:14

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

For faith worketh by Love Gal 5:6 !

I must say, if any of us who claim to be saved and yet reject Eternal Security by the Grace of God, that automatically means that such a person or persons serves out of fear and a servile spirit,and not out of Newness of Spirit [ Rom 7:6] and that does not characterize a True Child of God, born of the Spirit, for perfect Love casteth out Fear, and God's Love for His Own is Perfect Love ! 1 Jn 4:18

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

beloved57

Obeyed from the Heart !

Obeyed from the Heart !

Rom 6:17

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

That word obeyed is the greek word hypakouō:

to listen, to harken

a) of one who on the knock at the door comes to listen who it is, (the duty of a porter)

2) to harken to a command

a) to obey, be obedient to, submit to

Its the same word used here for obey the Gospel Rom 10:16

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Here we can see that Believing and Obeying are the same act.

No doubt that form of Doctrine which they obeyed in Rom 6:17 was the Doctrine of the Gospel that was delivered them !

Now notice that Paul Thanked God that they Obeyed from the Heart ! This word is the greek word kardia:

the heart

a) that organ in the animal body which is the centre of the circulation of the blood, and hence was regarded as the seat of physical life

b) denotes the centre of all physical and spiritual life

1) the vigour and sense of physical life

2) the centre and seat of spiritual life

a) the soul or mind, as it is the fountain and seat of the thoughts, passions, desires, appetites, affections, purposes, endeavours

b) of the understanding, the faculty and seat of the intelligence

c) of the will and character

d) of the soul so far as it is affected and stirred in a bad way or good, or of the soul as the seat of the sensibilities, affections, emotions, desires, appetites, passions

c) of the middle or central or inmost part of anything, even though inanimate

They had obeyed from the heart [mind will and affections] that form of Doctrine.

This obeying denotes a submitting to. Now this is important because Paul also teaches in the same Epistle about the Those in th flesh this Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

That word Law of God which the carnal mind is not subject to is the word nomos and primarily means:

anything established, anything received by usage, a custom, a law, a command

The carnal mind is not subject to the Command of God, and it cannot be !

But that is what Paul thanked God for in regards to those who obeyed from the heart that form of Doctrine, which was a Command !

That word obeyed means:

to harken to a command

Thats why Paul said that God is to be Thanked for their obeying from the Heart that Gospel Doctrine. Why is that ?

Because Gospel Obedience is an Evidence that it is God working in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure Phil 2:12-13

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

That word obeyed in Vs 12 is the same greek word used in Rom 6:17 and Paul attributes this obeying of the Philippians to God working in them !

So those who do Obey from the Heart as Per Rom 6:17 do so because of God working in them, and not because of their own freewill. Man in nature cannot obey the command of God, he has not the ability to do so.

beloved57

Obeyed from the Heart ! 2

Obeyed from the Heart ! 2

Paul Thanked God that the Romans he was writing to believed / obeyed the Gospel Rom 6:17

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

The reason why they were enabled to obey from the Heart that form of Doctrine is because they had been given a New Heart in the New Birth and God's Laws had been put into their inward parts !

Jer 31:33

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Its with this New Heart of Flesh that one can now do or keep God's Judgments, walk in His Statues !

And do them ! or do His Commands Deut 30:8

8 And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the Lord, and do all his commandments which I command thee this day.

Under the New Covenant one of the Commands of the Covenant is 1 Jn 3:23

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Acts 16:31,32

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

The word believe here is the same tense as in Acts 16:31 they are aorist tense , whereas here in Acts its an imperative [command]

And in 1 Jn 3:23 its a command !

Paul gives the Command to o believe to the Jailor presupposing that he was one whom The New Heart had been given to as in Ezk 36:26-27

For its only to such that God commands to believe on His Son ! And such ones it is promised they shall do what is commanded , obey from the Heart, and God should be Thanked !

beloved57

Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood !

Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood !

Jn 6:54,56

Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

Jn 6:51

I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Now why does Christ call Himself these things that we do eat ?

Even when Jesus spake to Peter and the others about Preaching the Gospel, He said Feed my Sheep !

He did not mean to force feed them,but He meant feed them with bread or meat suitable because they would made hungry for food. Matt 24:45-46

45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

This is speaking of the stewardship of the Gospel !

The point is this, food, bread , meat are things needed to sustain life, in the physical and natural realm they sustain physical life that is in existence, so likewise in the spiritual realm, they sustain Spiritual life which is already in existence. You do not give meat or bread to one to cause them to begin life, but to them who have Life given them already and now need the necessary nourishment. Job said Job 23:12

Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

So in both instances physical or spiritual Life must first exist before hunger, feeding and eating can exist.

The Lord Jesus Christ in the Gospel is a Spiritual Food Jn 6:55-58

55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

This is a Spiritual Eating of a Spiritual Bread from Heaven ! So the ones to eat of it, presupposes a Life that is consistent with the need of its sustenance, a hunger for its sustenance as Job had Job 23:12

Ps 146:7

Which executeth judgment for the oppressed: which giveth food to the hungry. The Lord looseth the prisoners:

God providentially sends His Gospel of Jesus Christ to those who have Life and are spiritually hungering for the Bread of Life, they have had already Life communicated to them by the Work of the Spirit from Christ, and it is He who Creates the Spiritual Hunger and Thirsting after the Word of God. What was the Ethiopian Eunuch doing when God sent him the Word by Phillip ? He was hungering after Righteousness ! Acts 8:26-31

The Lord Jesus Christ and the Spiritual Truths concerning Him are not attractive at all to those who have no Life in Them !

beloved57

The Natural Depravity of man !

The Natural Depravity of man !

Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

What is the carnal mind ? It is simply man by nature. Remember Paul said of himself by nature Rom 7:14

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Thats the Truth of all men by nature, sold under sin ! Another way of saying it is that by nature we are servants or slaves to sin ! Jn 8:34

Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Rom 6:16-17

16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

We are by nature devoted to sin ! We are entirely under the control and love to sinning.

This is so to the degree that by nature, our mind is enmity against God Rom 8:7

This enmity means hating and opposing. Also notice about the carnal mind, it is not subject to the Law of God, and neither indeed can be ! Just forget about it. Now what is the Law of God here ? We know that the Law is Spiritual Rom 7:14. The word Law is the Greek word nomos:

anything established, anything received by usage, a custom, a law, a command

a) of any law whatsoever

1) a law or rule producing a state approved of God

a) by the observance of which is approved of God

2) a precept or injunction

3) the rule of action prescribed by reason

b) of the Mosaic law, and referring, acc. to the context. either to the volume of the law or to its contents

c) the Christian religion: the law demanding faith, the moral instruction given by Christ, esp. the precept concerning love

d) the name of the more important part (the Pentateuch), is put for the entire collection of the sacred books of the OT

The Law of God in its simplest, is any command of God, rule of action prescribed by God and reason, a precept or injunction.

A precept means:

a commandment or direction given as a rule of action or conduct.

A Injunction is:

a judicial process or order requiring the person or persons to whom it is directed to do a particular act or to refrain from doing a particular act.

Now understand this, Believing on Christ for Salvation is a Command of God, a Precept, a rule of action !

How do we know its a Commandment and therefore a Law of God ? 1 Jn 3:23

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

The word commandment here is the greek word entolē:

an order, command, charge, precept, injunction

a) that which is prescribed to one by reason of his office

2) a commandment

a) a prescribed rule in accordance with which a thing is done

And we know John is speaking about ones initial belief in Christ and not an ongoing believing because the greek word for believe is in the aorist tense, which is usually is a one point in time action !

In fact Paul uses the same tense when commanding or giving the imperative to believe to the Jailor Acts 16:30-31

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Here the word is an aorist imperative ! The Imperative also means:

The imperative mood is a command or instruction given to the hearer, charging the hearer to carry out or perform a certain action.

Now, according to Rom 8:7-8, the Natural man is not subject to any command or law of God, which to Believe on Christ for Salvation is ! And its also a Believing from or with the Heart as Per Acts 8:37 and Rom 10:9-10

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For [B]with the heart man believeth unto righteousness[/B]; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Now the problem most religionists are going to have is this . The Heart contains the Mind, for the greek word for Heart is kardia:

lit: the heart; mind, character, inner self, will, intention, center.

And what does the scripture say about the carnal Mind ? Rom 8:7

So How can a carnal Mind Person, one merely born of the Flesh ,obey the Command to Believe on Christ for Salvation when scripture says that it cannot do it ? If a man cannot do it while in the flesh, then it can only be done after he is made spiritual by New Birth, and so the Natural Depravity of man, that he cannot believe on Christ for Salvation because its a Commandment, a Law of God to do so !

beloved57

A Legal Right to Eternal Life !

A Legal Right to Eternal Life !

Matt 25:34

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

All for whom Christ died, have a Legal Right to Eternal Life ! Jesus is here telling all for whom He died, His Sheep, those given to Him by His Father, to come, and inherit the Kingdom, which is Eternal Life !

Jesus said later Matt 25:46

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

The Righteous are Inheriting what they had a Right to.

The word inherit in Vs 34 is the greek word klēronomeō and means:

to receive a lot, receive by lot

a) esp. to receive a part of an inheritance, receive as an inheritance, obtain by right of inheritance

b) to be an heir, to inherit

2) to receive the portion assigned to one, receive an allotted portion, receive as one's own or as a possession

3) to become partaker of, to obtain

Christ died for the Heirs of Promise. Remember Isaac ? He was an Heir, His Mother Sarah said Gal 4:30

30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

And Sarah was an Heir with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob Heb 11:8-

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

This Inheritance was not earthly as many have been deceived into believing by the devil, but Heavenly Heb 11:16

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

In fact its the same Heavenly Inheritance as here 1 Pet 1:3-4

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

Notice how it is said to be reserved in Heaven, well in the End those whom it was reserved for shall Inherit as Jesus words Matt 25:34 !

And all Believers in Christ are as Isaac was Gal 4:28

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Also Romans 9:8

That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

That means all believers, whether jew or gentile were Heirs together with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as per Heb 11:8-9

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

Now, was Isaac born as a sinner like all of us ? Yes he was. But now was Isaac an Heir before He was born a sinner according to God's Word ? Yes he was Gen 15:3-4

3 And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir.

4 And, behold, the word of the Lord came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.

So all the Heirs of Promise are Heirs before they are even born sinners, their heirship comes from being in Union with Christ Jesus before the World began Rom 8:17

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Thats what constituted the Joint Heirship we had. For Christ was appointed Heir of all things before the World began Heb 1:2

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

When was that ? It was when He became the Only Begotten Son of His Father which was before Time Began Prov 8:22-25

22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth or was born or begotten:

Now thats how Long the Believer, the Elect of God had a Legal Right to Eternal Life !

beloved57

When we were without Strength !

When we were without Strength !

Rom 5:6

6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

Who are the We here ? Why its Believers, which are Christ's Sheep Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. And Sheep and Elect are identical !

And so Paul says that when they believers or Elect or Sheep were without strength ! Christ died for the Ungodly, that being them as they were Ungodly and without Strength.

Now the word strength here of which they were without is the greek word asthenēs and means:

weak, infirm, feeble

Its also means impotent as in Acts 4:9

In Rom 5:6 the word denotes our inability spiritually ! Our impotent spiritually !

The inability of us to do anything that brings about Eternal Salvation !

Man by Nature, even the Elect, is without any Spiritual Ability towards God See Rom 3:10-18.

Man by Nature has no ability to believe, no ability to repent [godly], nor to in faith call upon the Name of the Lord, none at all, but yet 99.99% of organized religion do not believe they're without strength or ability to believe, which also is in opposition to such scripture as Jn 12:39

Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

Could not here is made up of Two words in the original which are dynamai:

to be able, have power whether by virtue of one's own ability and resources, or of a state of mind, or through favourable circumstances, or by permission of law or custom

2) to be able to do something

3) to be capable, strong and powerful

And the word ou a particle which means:

no, not; in direct questions expecting an affirmative answer

And simply means they did not have the ability to believe on Christ

They did not have that ability to have that state of mind. No Freewill to believe ! Remember Paul wrote of the carnal Mind Rom 8:7-8

Again, 99.99 % of all organized religion today would disagree here and state that men by nature in the flesh of their natural birth can please God ! Many delusively believe they please God in their flesh by exercising their own faith Heb 11:6 !

But those of us whow God, we know that we were without any ability to spiritually please God in the Flesh or by nature.

Last edited: