Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

beloved57

Receiving Christ !

Receiving Christ !

Jn 1:12 and Col 2:6

12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

The word received in Jn :12 is the greek word lambanō and the meaning varies, but in this verse it's meaning is plain from the verse itself, and means believing on His Name.

In the Col 2:6 verse the word is paralambanō and means:

to take to, to take with one's self, to join to one's self

a) an associate, a companion

b) metaph.

1) to accept or acknowledge one to be such as he professes to be

2) not to reject, not to withhold obedience

2) to receive something transmitted

a) an office to be discharged

b) to receive with the mind

To receive something transmitted, the word transmitted is defined :

to communicate, as information or news.

The Gospel is the Good News of the Chosen Ones Salvation Eph 1:4,13

And that Good News is communicated to the renewed mind of the born again saint, and in turn Christ, who is the Subject of that Good News is received, we receive Christ by receiving the Gospel. It was written 1 Thess 1:6,2:13

And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost.

For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

What received does not mean in the salvation contexts as the ones we just listed, it does not mean Christ was offered to spiritually dead sinners who are given a choice or opportunity to use their so called freewill to either accept Christ and get saved or reject Christ and stay lost, that has been made up by false gospel teachers and followers.

The Lord Jesus Christ is received in that He has been given to them as their Inheritance, their alloted Portion Col 1:12

12Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

An Inheritance is Received as Per Num 34:14-15

For the tribe of the children of Reuben according to the house of their fathers, and the tribe of the children of Gad according to the house of their fathers, have received their inheritance; and half the tribe of Manasseh have received their inheritance:

The two tribes and the half tribe have received their inheritance on this side Jordan near Jericho eastward, toward the sunrising.

See also Josh 13:8;18:2,7 and the receiving here is not something being offered to them, but given to them by Divine Allotment !

Receiving is also when one of God's Elect [Col 3:12] by God alloted Faith [ 2 Pet 1:1] embraces Christ after He has been revealed, by God the Holy Spirit in them [Gal 1:16], this is an inward subjective revealing, resulting in inward seeing Jn 6:40, and that is biblically how one receives Christ the Lord ! As it is written Jn 3:27

27John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

Last edited:

beloved57

Jn 6:44,65

Jn 6:44,65

Jn 6:44

44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

65And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

These Two Scriptures alone dismiss the false notion of man's freewill to believe in Christ ! Coming in both of these verses actually means believing in Christ, and Jesus says no man has the ability to do that, but it is something the Father must enable them to do !

Now all things are of the Father in this matter of Salvation, even the Gift of His Son. How does the Father draw a Person to Christ ?

He draws them to Christ by the New Birth. A Person must be born again to believe on Christ, to come to Christ. By nature we will not come Jn 5:40

40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Jn 3:20

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Also He draws them to Christ by giving them the Gift of Faith Phil 1:29

29For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

James 1:17-18

17Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

18Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

It is His Gift that one is brought forth or begat by the word of Truth !

He draws the to Christ by convincing them of sin Jn 16:8-9

the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9Of sin, because they believe not on me;

This is part of being taught of God Jn 6:44-45

44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

45It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Ps 94:12

Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law;

He draws them by the Effectual workings of His Powerful Grace Eph 3:7

7Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

He was made a minister, and in order to that, he had to be made a believer, and all of this by The Effectual Working of His Power, which is a Gift of Grace !

The Gift is not offered, but done, performed unto us ! Phil 1:6

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Last edited:

beloved57

A Covenant Promise !

A Covenant Promise !

Jer 31:33

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

God puts His Laws in the hearts of those who were Chosen in Christ before the foundation, because He [Christ their Covenant Head] had God's Law in His Heart Ps 40:6-8

6Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.

7Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

8I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

Now He having finished the work and having honored God's Law in their behalf, God put's His Law in their hearts, The Seed of Christ.

This is done by New Birth or Regeneration. This is a Covenant Promise for everyone Christ [Their Head] died for, because His blood secures unto them all the Covenant Blessings Matt 26:28

28For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Heb 13:20-21

20Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

21Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Last edited:

beloved57

Firstbegotten of the dead !

Firstbegotten of the dead !

Rev 1:5

5And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

That word first begotten is the greek word prōtotokos and means:

the firstborn

a) of man or beast

b) of Christ, the first born of all creation

It is Two Greek words, #1.

prōtos:

first in time or place

a) in any succession of things or persons

2) first in rank

a) influence, honour

b) chief

c) principal

3) first, at the first

#2. tiktō:

to bring forth, bear, produce (fruit from the seed)

a) of a woman giving birth

b) of the earth bringing forth its fruits

c) metaph. to bear, bring forth

He is the First in a succession to be brought from the dead. This denotes many shall follow to be born out of the dead !

Now this profound truth means many things, but one thing of main and upmost importance that it means and is sorely neglected by false teachers, mainly out of ignorance, is that the resurrection of Christ, out from the dead, ensures and is the pledge of the Spiritual and Physical resurrection for all whom He died and represented, His Church, His Body. Thats why we have not only Rev 1:5 but also Col 1:18

18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Rom 8:29

29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

His Resurrection ensures their [The Elect brethren] spiritual resurrection from spiritual death 1 Pet 1:3

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Because He Lives out from the dead, all for whom He died shall live out from the dead. They are the many that Jesus says Jn 5:25

25Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

They will hear because through His resurrection they shall be begotten again, or as Paul puts it in Eph 2:5

5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

This is the end result of Christ being " The first begotten of the dead"

It is impossible for anyone that Christ died and rose in behalf of, not to be made spiritually alive Eph 2:5 lest God's Purpose Rom 8:29 was a failure !

Last edited:

beloved57

He hath made us accepted in the Beloved !

He hath made us accepted in the Beloved !

Eph 1:6

6To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved

Who has been made accepted in the Beloved, and When ?

The word accepted being the greek word charitoō:

to make graceful

a) charming, lovely, agreeable

2) to peruse with grace, compass with favour

3) to honour with blessings

It is also translated Lk 1:28

28And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

He hath made us Highly Favoured in the Beloved, not because of something we have done, but because of His Grace. This speaks back to vs 4 as having been Chosen in Him before the foundation !

The DRB translation reads:

Unto the praise of the glory of his grace, in which he hath graced us in his beloved son. see 2 Tim 1:9

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

The who is Believers in Christ !

Many of the adversaries of the Gospel contend that since Paul is writing Believers, that they were not accepted in the Beloved until after they become believers, but thats a lie; Sure such a comment cannot be made to any save believers, but their believing was not the condition, but the effect. Long before any believer believes, God has made him or her accepted or graced in the Beloved, by Choosing them in Him [Election of Grace] before the foundation of the world. This matter of having been made accepted in the Beloved, by Choosing them in Him , is a matter for the Praise of the Glory of His Grace. This Grace was given Believers, before they became believers, in Christ Jesus before the world began 2 Tim 1:9. Paul is merely here rehearsing some of the Gospel Truths, of Preaching the Gospel of God's Grace Acts 20:24

24But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

beloved57

The Pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His Hand !

The Pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His Hand !

Isa 53:10

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

What is the Pleasure f the Lord ? Well it is the hebrew word chephets and means:

delight, pleasure

a) delight

b) desire, longing

c) the good pleasure

d) that in which one takes delight

The same word is used here Isa 46:10

10Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Now is it not the Pleasure of the Lord that all men be saved and come into the Knowledge of the Truth ? 1 Tim 2:4

4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Now lets define the word will here and compare it with the word pleasure. The greek word for will is thelō and means:

to will, have in mind, intend

a) to be resolved or determined, to purpose

b) to desire, to wish

c) to love

1) to like to do a thing, be fond of doing

d) to take delight in, have pleasure

Now any honest heart will have to admit that the definitions are pretty much the same ! If one is stronger it would be the greek word which adds " to be resolved or determined, to purpose !

Now it is God's desire, will, pleasure that all be saved and come into the knowledge of the Truth !

Now whose responsibility is it to seek and to save that which was Lost ? Lk 19:10

10For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Now who in their right mind will argue that the ones God wills to be saved in 1 Tim 2:4 are not the ones Christ came to seek and to save in Lk 19:10 ! Now , will the Pleasure of the Lord prosper in His Hand ? Will He seek and save all that was Lost ? If He does not, then the pleasure of the Lord did not prosper in His Hand !

Last edited:

beloved57

The Pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His Hand ! Cont

Who came to do the Fathers Pleasure and save that which which was Lost ? Jn 6:37-40

37All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

38For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Notice vs 39 Jesus says that of all that the Father has given Him, He should loose not one. Now, those the Father gave Him would be the ones the Father would have to be saved and come into the Knowledge of the Truth 1 Tim 2:4

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Now, how could these not be the ones Jesus says the Father gave Him to save in Jn 6:39

Folks believe it or not, but Jesus Christ was 100% responsible to His Father to save all men and bring them into the Knowledge of the Truth 1 Tim 2:4. Now the question is, was He successful in accomplishing the Pleasure of the Lord or was He not ? Will there be any that the father will to be saved and come into the knowledge of the Truth, but did not, but will at last perish ? If so, the Lord Jesus Christ failed His Fathers will, His Pleasure. The Antichrist followers say many shall perish, be lost, whom the Father willed to be saved by Christ. They are preaching a failed Christ. They are teaching that the purpose for which Christ came and died, was not accomplished. They teach that many of the ones the Father wanted Christ to save, and that they come into the knowledge of the Truth, will not be ! They teach that the pleasure of the Lord did not quite prosper in His Hand 100% but it came up short !

Last edited:

beloved57

The man of sin religions teach that many whom the Father wanted Christ to save will be Lost. They teach that many will die in their sin who had those same sins Imputed to Christ[ for that-must be the case if He died for them 1 Cor 15:3] will yet be charged against them in the day of Judgment when they shall be cast out into outer darkness for their sins. They teach that even though God's Law and Justice has been fulfilled in Christ on their behalf, that nevertheless God will again visit them for all eternity in His Law and Justice against sin and His broken Law, and they shall be called cursed Matt 25:41. They teach that God has required of them Justice and payment Twice, once at the hands of their Surety Saviour, if he died for them, and now again at their hand.

Now as a witness for Christ, the True Christ, I proclaim, there shall not be one person lost or in hell for whom the Christ I serve died for, because he has satisfied God's Law [actively] and Justice[passively] in their behalf, and God's Righteousness will not allow it. It is nothing short of Blasphemy at the Highest magnitude to teach that Christ died for sinners, who are lost in their sins, making Christ a failure in accomplishing the Father's pleasure !

beloved57

Jn 3:18 explained !

Jn 3:18 explained !

John 3:18

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Many who have corrupted this verse, the Truth, pretend that this verse teaches Faith or believing is a condition to getting saved !

This scripture is first of all stating a Fact, it is saying those believing on Christ are not condemned, in fact, the believing here gives evidence that they were not in a condemned state but in fact a saved state. These are people who never had their sins laid to their Charge 2 Cor 5:19, and so their believing gives evidence of that. How can anyone be condemned whose sins never were Charged against them by God ? The strength of sin is the Law, not unbelief ! 1 Cor 15:56

56The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

If a Person is condemned before God, it is not because of their unbelief, but because of God's Law and Justice has not been satisfied in behalf of them ! If one dies in their sins as per Jesus words here Jn 8:24

24I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Notice, Ye shall die in your SINS Plural ! What sins ? All of their violations of God's Law, in thought , word , and deed !

Jesus said that you shall die in your sins If ye believe not that I am He. Why don't they believe ? This is why Jn 10:26

26But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

They believe not because they are not His Sheep that He died for Jn 10:11,15. This implies that if They were of His Sheep, they shall hear His voice and believe Jn 10:16 ! And why did they believe ? Because He died for them, and their sins, which violated God's Law were not laid to their Charge, hence they were not condemned, and so those believing are not condemned as stated in Jn 3:18 ! God's Law and Justice has been satisfied[Propitiated] for them by Christ's Work their Shepherd !

Last edited:

beloved57

More on Jn 3:18

More on Jn 3:18

So those believing on Christ gave evidence that they were not condemned ! How could they be, for their sins, the reason for condemnation has been placed upon Christ and not upon them 2 Cor 5:19 !

Now notice, he that believeth not is condemned already ! That means, he was already condemned before his not believing was made evident ! In fact, thats why he did not believe, because he was still under the condemnation of his sins ! You see, If his or her sins were not imputed to Christ's Charge, then they must be charged to them, and God see's them as law breakers, and under condemnation !

Now he that believeth not is condemned Already, Because !

This is the word that gives the false teachers the problem, the word BECAUSE. It is the conjunction hoti:

that, because, since

Now this conjunction can mean one of two things #1 It can mean casual, when denoting something cause and effect or #2 Illative or inference or conclusion because of facts ! " The Tree's flourish because the ground is rich". In this instance, the word because is used as a cause! "We assert that the ground is rich Because, the Tree's Flourish " Here it is not the cause, because the life of the tree does not cause the soils richness, but a conclusion has been reached by stated fact ! One can infer the goodness of the soil from the life of the trees. In other words, the character of the tree or trees , evidences the the goodness of the soil, and so the because in Jn 3:18 should be understood in that sense ! The one bears fruit because the ground was good Matt 13:23

23But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

The verse is not stating that the cause of their condemnation was that they did not believe or that one is condemned if they do not accept Christ, but it denotes what is evidential of the unbelievers lost condemned state, for Faith in Christ is the evidential sign of ones calling and election to Salvation, and unbelief is the evidence of one without the benefits of Christ's Death on their behalf, and they are merely evidencing that they are yet still in their sins and under condemnation of the law ! I am much indebted to John Foreman for many of the points being made in this Post !

Last edited:

beloved57

There is no difference between the Jew and the Greek!

There is no difference between the Jew and the Greek!

In the matters of Salvation and spending Eternity with God through Christ, there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek !

Rom 10:12

For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

The word difference here means distinction. There is no distinction between the Jew and the Gentile !

The Jew is no closer to God because of their physical connection with Abraham. However many deluded individuals do think the physical jews has an advantage with God. Scripture is plain that whosoever [meaning jew or non jew] calls upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved and that God is Rich unto ! Note also, calling upon the name of the Lord is an effect of being enriched by God, and not the result of calling upon the Name of the Lord !

A person is a fool to plead his physical relationship to Abraham as a ethnic jew in the matters of Salvation !

Last edited:

beloved57

Good works, which God hath before ordained !

Eph 2:10

10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

When did God purpose or ordain the New Creatures good works that they should walk in ?

Was it before or after they became believers ?

The word ordained here is the greek word proetoimazō:

to prepare before, to make ready beforehand

Its the same word used in Rom 9:23

23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

When Did God afore prepared these unto Glory ? Was it before they became believers or after they became believers ?

Last edited:

beloved57

The True God !

The True God !

What is it that Characterizes the True God ? Only those who Truly know the True God can say this Ps 115:3

But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.

This Knowledge is Eternal Life Jn 17:3

3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

However the god of false religion, the man of sin religions, tells us that their weak god does not do whatsoever he pleases, and millions upon millions he wishes, desires to be saved and to come into the Knowledge of the Truth 1 Tim 2:4, he cannot bring it to past !

But the True God hath done whatsoever He hath pleased. The word pleased here is the hebrew word chaphets and means:

to delight in, take pleasure in, desire, be pleased with

a) (Qal)

1) of men

a) to take pleasure in, delight in

b) to delight, desire, be pleased to do

2) of God

a) to delight in, have pleasure in

b) to be pleased to do

Its translated the word desire 9 times: Here are a few of them:

1 Kgs 9:1

1And it came to pass, when Solomon had finished the building of the house of the LORD, and the king's house, and all Solomon's desire which he was pleased to do,

Ps 51:6

6Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

Hos 6:6

6For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

Now 1 Tim 2:4

4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

The word will here is the greek word thelō and means:

to will, have in mind, intend

a) to be resolved or determined, to purpose

b) to desire, to wish

c) to love

1) to like to do a thing, be fond of doing

d) to take delight in, have pleasure

This word is translated desire 13 times, here are a few of them

Mk 9:35

35And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.

Lk 20:46

46Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts;

Gal 6:13

13For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.

Many translations translate 1 Tim 2:4 like this:

NASB who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

DBT who desires that all men should be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth.

WEB who desires all people to be saved and come to full knowledge of the truth.

Now back to Ps 115:3, the God I know and the One the Psalmist knew " hast done whatsoever He pleased or desired"

The word done is the hebrew word `asah and it means:

to do, fashion, accomplish, make

a) (Qal)

1) to do, work, make, produce

a) to do

b) to work

c) to deal (with)

d) to act, act with effect, effect

The word also means to perform.

In other words, The God of Heaven has performed whatsoever He desires.

Now the problem we run into with this Knowledge of the True God and what He desires in 1 Tim 2:4, is that unless every last person He desires or wants to be saved and to come into the knowledge of the Truth, unless He performs that, effects that, He has come short of being the God described of Ps 115:3

But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.

The n He is no longer the True God that Jesus reveals to His people Jn 17:3

3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

It means The God of Heaven has effected whatsoever He wants, or Desires.

Last edited:

beloved57

The Gift of God is Eternal Life !

The Gift of God is Eternal Life !

A much quoted scripture, but not many understand is Rom 6:23

23For the wages of sin is death; but the Gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Most deceived souls think that this Gift of Eternal Life through Christ is an offer of eternal life with conditions, even though most would agree that death as the wages of sin is not an offer, men receive death through adam without it being offered to them or made available. Just as death is not an offer but that which God Sovereignly imputes, so likewise the Gift of Eternal Life is not a Offer but something God Sovereignly Imputes Because of what Jesus Christ accomplished for all whom He died and redeemed from Death. Just a being born dead in trespasses and sins is the result of Adam's sin for all he represented, so being born again is the result of Christ's Work of the Cross. The Gift of God through Jesus Christ is not a offer, but it is a New Birth, A Spiritual Birth out of Death Eph 2:5

5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

The New Birth of all Christ died for and rose again merits to them this Gift of New Birth James 1:18

17Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

18Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

This Good Gift, and Perfect Gift is from above ! Jn 3:3,7

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Now the word again as in born again in vs 3,7 is the greek word anōthen and means:

from above, from a higher place

a) of things which come from heaven or God

2) from the first, from the beginning, from the very first

3) anew, over again

This same word is translated above in James 1:17

So this Good and Perfect Gift from above is to be Born again or to be Born from Above. This begins in time the Gift of Eternal Life through Jesus Christ for everyone He died for ! Adam brought them death, and to be physically born into this world spiritually dead, without spiritual life, But Christ's Death, Burial and Resurrection for all whom He represented brings a Birth from above a Gift ! You see a person has no choice to make on whether or not they will be born, because they did not exist !

The New Birth is the first communication of Eternal Life, which is the Gift of God !

Last edited:

beloved57

Just as everyone Adam was a federal Head unto received a communication of death, a sin nature, so likewise, everyone Christ was a Federal Head unto receives a communication of Life, Eternal Life, by His Resurrection from the Dead. 1 Pet 1:3

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

This being begotten again is not a result of a man exercising Faith, or Believing, but its a direct result of Christ's Resurrection from the Dead. Notice it says, according to His abundant mercy, hath begotten us again ! Thats what James means in James 1:17-18

17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Both writer's credit God the Father for the Begatting. Peter says The God and Father of Our Lord Jesus Christ, James says the Father of lights !

Where the Spirit gives Life, that Life is brought Forth by the Word of Truth, the Gospel.

The Spirit Gives Life to all who have Christ's Righteousness imputed to their Charge, all who have Christ's imputed to their charge, are all whom God imputed their sins to His Charge !

They receive the Gift of Righteousness Rom 5:17

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ )

All this was to show that the Gift of God [Eternal Life] through Jesus Christ, is not a offer for men to receive or reject, but its a communication of Spiritual Life, a New Birth, thats what the Gift is. Just as the wages of Adam's sin was a communication of death,Christ's Death reversed that for those He died for, that they receive as a Free Gift, a communication of Eternal Life by New Birth !

Last edited:

beloved57

Righteousness without the Law is Revealed !

Righteousness without the Law is Revealed !

Rom 3:21

21But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Righteousness without the Law is revealed, or a Righteousness without Law, for there is no definite article in the greek here to specify any one and particular law, so what does this mean ? The WNT captures the sense very well it reads:

But now a righteousness coming from God has been brought to light apart from any Law, both Law and Prophets bearing witness to it--

Now many take this to mean the Ten Commandments or the Law of Moses, and it does, but its not exclusive to the Law of Moses. The greek word for Law here is the word nomos and means:

) anything established, anything received by usage, a custom, a law, a command

a) of any law whatsoever

1) a law or rule producing a state approved of God[Like Faith Heb 11:2]

a) by the observance of which is approved of God

2) a precept or injunction

3) the rule of action prescribed by reason

b) of the Mosaic law, and referring, acc. to the context. either to the volume of the law or to its contents

c) the Christian religion: the law demanding faith, the moral instruction given by Christ, esp. the precept concerning love

d) the name of the more important part (the Pentateuch), is put for the entire collection of the sacred books of the OT

As you can see the word has a wide application. So what is meant here ? " A Righteousness given without our Personal Obedience of any kind, without any conditions, no rule of action, no commands to be kept, no injunction or precept. Whats a precept ? Its defined as:

a commandment or direction given as a rule of action or conduct.

an injunction as to moral conduct; maxim.

a procedural directive or rule, as for the performance of some technical operation.

Law .

Now why is this ? Because Christ the God Man Mediator has worked out and earned and established a Righteousness for all whom He Lived and Died, and that Righteousness is Imputed to them. Paul writes Rom 4:6

Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, Or without conditions to be kept !

This Righteousness is Freely Laid to their Account, Just as Freely as their sins were Laid to His account. This is a very difficult Blessing of Grace for the natural man to receive, however the Gospel reveals to the Heirs of Promise a Righteousness of God freely imputed to them without their personal obedience being a consideration or factor, so it comes to pass by the Sole Obedience of One, many shall be made Righteous Rom 5:19

19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Folks if we are Trusting in a Righteousness that we obtained by some kind of personal obedience on our behalf, then we have not the Faith of God's Elect, and are in danger of perishing in our sins lest God grant us Repentance from our Pride and Self Righteousness !

Last edited:

beloved57

Titus 3:5 He saved us not because of anything we did!

Titus 3:5 He saved us not because of anything we did!

Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Those who are Truly saved, its not because of anything we have done, no good behavior, no pleasing of God. Paul says it was not because of works of Righteousness which we have done. Now what are works of Righteousness ? Well the Greek word for works here is ergon and means:

business, employment, that which any one is occupied

a) that which one undertakes to do, enterprise, undertaking

2) any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

3) an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasised in opp. to that which is less than work

Notice, a work is a act or action, deed, or a thing that is done by us ! Folks if we are honest that covers a lot of territory, and thats God's Point.

Now lets look at the word Righteousness, it is the greek word dikaiosynē and means:

in a broad sense: state of him who is as he ought to be, righteousness, the condition acceptable to God

a) the doctrine concerning the way in which man may attain a state approved of God

b) integrity, virtue, purity of life, rightness, correctness of thinking feeling, and acting

2) in a narrower sense, justice or the virtue which gives each his due

Also:

righteous, observing divine laws

a) in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God

This also covers much territory, Righteousness, means observing Divine Laws, Keeping the Commands of God [Acts 17:30; 1 Jn 3:23] Are not Believing on Christ and or Repentance toward God commands of God ? Are they not righteous acts or deeds performed by the Mind ?

Now many believe they are saved because they have done these things !

The word done is the greek word poieō and means:

to act rightly, do well

Its the same word DO in Acts 16:30

30And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

Now if the Jailor was saved by his act of believing on the Lord Jesus Christ, then that's a contradiction to Titus 3:5, because then it must have been that he was saved because of something he did, a good right thing, a correct thing, a work of Righteousness !

The NIV 1984 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

NASB He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,

Many in apostate religion today believe they are saved because they believed or because they repented, or because they were water baptized, all such people are deceived, and nothing short of a Divine work of Grace can cause them to see and turn from this evil self righteous, Christ Dishonoring way of thinking !

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
2 Tim 3:15-16

16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

As we read and study the scriptures, God has been pleased at times to give us certain light and understanding on a particular portion of scripture; and as we feel the desire to testify to that Truth, it at times is difficult in placing it in any given Thread. So I would like to introduce a thread that is designed for varied Truth's of scripture, not really given to any certain subject, but yet its Truth the same.

The first scripture passage i will begin with is 2 Tim 1:9-10

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

What death is abolished, and what light and immortality is brought to light via the Gospel ?

Now in a real sense Christ hath abolished even physical death, but that only to be the last enemy to be manifested as destroyed at His Second Coming, when it will be declared 1 Cor 15:54-55,51-52

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

And at His coming, some Saints will have never tasted of physical death, which will indicate the abolishment of death physically vs

51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

But yet, even in this present life Christ by His death hath for the elect of God, hath abolished spiritual death, which by nature they are born dead in trespasses and sins Eph 2:1,5

1And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

This being dead, is a death that Christ hath abolished. The word abolished is the greek word katargeō and means:

to render idle, unemployed, inactivate, inoperative

a) to cause a person or thing to have no further efficiency

b) to deprive of force, influence, power

2) to cause to cease, put an end to, do away with, annul, abolish

a) to cease, to pass away, be done away

b) to be severed from, separated from, discharged from, loosed from any one

c) to terminate all intercourse with one

Yes, for those whom Christ died and abolished death for, He for them causes spiritual death to cease, He puts an end to it, He annuls or abolishes it. Now How does He do that ?

Are you directing this "thread"to the elect, or the "non elect?"

beloved57

An Act of man !

An Act of man !

Believing is an act of man, there simply is no denying it ! Now lets define an Act !

The Dictionary says:

As Noun

anything done, being done, or to be done; deed; performance: a heroic act.

the process of doing

As verb

to do something; exert energy or force; be employed or operative:

to operate or function in a particular way; perform specific duties or functions

to produce an effect; perform a function

to behave or conduct oneself in a particular fashion

Now lets Look at the definition of work of Eph 2:9

business, employment, that which any one is occupied

a) that which one undertakes to do, enterprise, undertaking

2) any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

3) an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasised in opp. to that which is less than work

Now, an act is a work, that cannot be denied given these definitions. Believing is something man does. Even Paul's answer to the question of the Jailor proves that. He asked Acts 16:30,31

30And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

Paul replied with an imperative ! vs 31

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

So Now, If anyone teaches or believes that they are saved from their sins because they believed, then they are claiming Salvation by their works, something they acted, they done. Such thinking is opposed to Salvation by Grace through Faith and not of works lest a man has cause to boast..