Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

beloved57

The Gift of God is Eternal Life !

The Gift of God is Eternal Life !

He that is of God means they possess Eternal Life, by being born of God the Spirit !

1 Jn 5:11 reads:

11And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

Notice again, John writes that the record is, God hath GIVEN not offered, us Eternal Life, which is in His Son, or Through His Son the Lord Jesus Christ as Rom 6:23b would state it " but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

These scriptures say the same, God gave us [those who are believing] Eternal Life, when He gave us His Son. Giving Christ produced and effected Eternal Life for " as many as the Father had given Him" Jn 17:2

2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Just as the wages of sin, what Adam did, caused the Elect to be born sinners and in spiritual death, likewise God's Gift, through Jesus Christ, causes the Elect, [Those given to Him by the Father] causes us to be born into Spiritual life. God had before the foundation purposed in Himself, for the Glory of all His Perfections and Attributes, Chose to Save Elect sinners through Jesus Christ.

beloved57

Do men by nature know the True God ?

Do men by nature know the True God ?

Do men by nature know the True God ? Even the Father ! The answer is no, thats seen by Christ's statement Matt 11:27

27All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Now this is not referring to God as a Creator, for men may know of Him in that respect Rom 1:21

21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

But the knowing Jesus means in Matt 11:27 is a knowing in a salvaic way, as a Covenant God.

heathen know of a God in a Creational way, which leads to Idolatry Acts 17:21-23

21(For all the Athenians and strangers which were there spent their time in nothing else, but either to tell, or to hear some new thing.)

22Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.

23For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

Jesus also told ethnic jews who always boasted about being of Abraham's Seed, His Physical seed, Jesus says to them, a religious bunch Jn 8:19

19Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

So NO men by nature, even religious jews in Christ time, do not know the True God, and as Jesus says, He must be pleased to reveal Him unto one before it can be a reality for anyone !

Matt 11:27

27All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Mans freewill cannot attain to that which must be revealed supernaturally to him !

Last edited:

beloved57

The Blood and Water from His Side !

The Blood and Water from His Side !

Jn 19:34

34But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

What does the blood and water really mean here when it flowed from the side of the Blessed Saviour ? The Blood represents The Redemption that He accomplished for the sins of all those He died for. They have been redeemed by His Blood.

Rev 5:9

And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

May I add, this blood redemption is not a possible redemption or a redemption made available, or merely offered, but a redemption that actually Redeemed those He died for TO GOD !

Eph 1:7

In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Col 1:14

In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

The word redemption here has for its meaning this:

a releasing effected by payment of ransom

A releasing was not offered, was not made available, but was actually effected ! The word effected here means:

something that is produced by an agency or cause; result; consequence:

2. power to produce results

Now what does the Water mean ? it means Life, The Death of Christ gives to those He died for Redemption and Life, Spiritual Life !

You see, redemption is always from death or out of death Hos 13:14

I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.

This results in Life ! He redeems His People out of Death into Life.

The water represents the water of Life ! Rev 21:26

And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

You see, redemption from death makes one spiritually thirsty..

Jn 4:14

But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Notice Jesus said" The water that I SHALL GIVE UNTO THEM" He did not say, offer to them, or make the water available to them, but that he SHALL GIVE them.

The Life He shall give them ! For He giveth Life unto the World Jn 6:33

For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

And No, He does not mean every single individual in the world without exception ! But the World of His Elect, His Church,His Sheep, of every redeemed sinner from out of the Earth, as here Rev 5:9

9And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

Its that world, the world that shall sing that new song..

The Blood redeems from death, the water gives Life to the redeemed..

Last edited:

beloved57

Is it God's Will for the non elect to believe the Truth ?

Is it God's Will for the non elect to believe the Truth ?

To those who are not chosen to Salvation by sanctification of the Spirit and Belief of the Truth, the Gospel is hid from them, it's a hidden wisdom, which God hath ordained only for His called and Chosen !

2 Thess 2:13

13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

The Truth of the Gospel vs 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Our Gospel is the Gospel that belongs to the Chosen of God !

The Gospel is hidden to some, those who are lost 2 Cor 4:3

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

The word hid is the greek word kalupto and means:

to hide, veil

a) to hinder the knowledge of a thing

And the word is in the passive voice. The passive voice means:

The passive voice represents the subject as being the recipient of the action. E.g., in the sentence, "The boy was hit by the ball," the boy receives the action.

This means that the Gospel is being purposely hindered from them coming into the Knowledge of it. God is hiding it from them by means of the blindness that satan imposes upon the mind. vs 4

4In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Paul writes again 1 Cor 2:6-7

6Howbeit we speak wisdom[Gospel] among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Notice he calls it the hidden wisdom of God ! The Gospel is the Wisdom of God, it originated of God Rom 1:1

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

It's the Gospel of His Kingdom, and He hides it from some Matt 11:25

25At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

If God wanted all men without exception to come to the Knowledge of the truth 1 Tim 2:4, then why does He hide or conceal it from the wise and prudent ?

Matt 13:11

11He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

To some it is not given of God for them to know the Truth. If it is, there is a conflict with Matt 13:11 and 1 Tim 2:4

But the truth is, it just is not God's will for the Lost, the non elect, to come into a saving knowledge of the Gospel , of the Truth. The Gospel is the word of Truth Eph 1:13

13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Last edited:

beloved57

The Perfect Law of Liberty !

The Perfect Law of Liberty !

James says something about the Perfect Law of Liberty James 1:25

25But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

This scripture most certainly a reference to the redemptive privileges and benefits of the work of Christ, who has set free [liberated] all those He died for from the bondage of the Law. It, the Perfect Law of Redemption] is a Law of Redemption and Liberty Paul wrote Gal 5:1

1Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

James and Paul are speaking about the same Liberty !

But notice something, the Looking into the Law of Liberty is said to be a deed, which means a work !

The Looking means seeing, as to see the Son and Believe Jn 6:40

40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Now this word seeth here is the greek word theōreō and means:

to be a spectator, look at, behold

a) to view attentively, take a view of, survey

1) to view mentally, consider

And the word Looketh in James 1:25 is parakyptō:

metaph. to look carefully into, inspect curiously

Both words denotes attentiveness

James calls this looking into the Gospel of Christ's Liberty a deed and a work. When He writes " and a doer of the work" this merely means to continue believing,

Notice James 1:25

25But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

A doer of the word, meaning the work of Faith !

Now, for those who believe they are saved because they believed the Gospel, something they did, then they believe they are saved by their deed, their doing of the work !

It cannot be made more plainer than this that believing is a work..

beloved57

But Judge Righteous Judgment !

John 7:24

24Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Believe it or not, but this is a command of the Saviour to His People, His Disciples, those who are Disciples indeed. Though He forbids Judging on a premise of mere outward appearance Matt 7:1, yet He commands Judgment based upon a righteous standard, and what is that standard ? Ps 96:13

Before the LORD: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.

Rom 3:7

For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?

Thats standard is the Truth of God !, The Scripture of Truth Dan 10:21

But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.

And so when it comes to the affairs of Salvation and what is Truth, the True Sheep of Christ are instructed to try the Spirit by the Spirit 1 Jn 4:1

1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

The word try here is the greek word dokimazō and means:

to test, examine, prove, scrutinise (to see whether a thing is genuine or not), as metals

2) to recognise as genuine after examination, to approve, deem worthy

It also is a present tense imperative, denoting a command to be continually trying the spirits of the prophets !

The Believe should use the scripture to examine, to test and to prove , what a teacher or prophet is saying is Truth ! The Believer will be able to detect the Spirit of Truth or the spirit of error 1 Jn 4:6

We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

The believer cannot judge by outward appearance, such as morality or things that generally appear righteous to mere man Matt 23:38

Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

But the believer is to examine the state of a man's heart ! How ? By what comes out of a person's mouth, the words they speak, speaketh from the heart.

Isa 59:13

In transgressing and lying against the LORD, and departing away from our God, speaking oppression and revolt, conceiving and uttering from the heart words of falsehood.

Matt 15:19

For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

Matt 12:34

O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

You see that Truth of Christ ? "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh"

I did not make this up ! So when it comes to Judging Truth and Error, the Child of God must Judge, examine the words, what is spoken or written by the teachers or prophets, and those things they speak proceed from the heart, regardless of their outward appearance !

We can Judge what spirit of influence one is controlled by, by what they speak. Jesus said in Matt 12:37

37For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Now even though these words may have more to do with the future judgment to come, nevertheless a Kingdom principle has been established. The True Servants of God will be Justified in regards to their Christian witness of the Gospel Matt 24:14

14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

And God will vindicated them in the Judgment Isa 54:17

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

But those False witnesses and the things they spoke, shall be condemned in the Judgment !

The servants of the Lord even now in this Life can Judge what a False testimony of the Gospel, even as they are commanded to do so by their Saviour Jn 7:24

24Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

beloved57

These principals establishes the foundation for Jesus command in Jn 7:24 and 1 Jn 4:1 and Jesus words of commendation to some in the Church of Ephesus Rev 2:2

2I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

Now how did they try those who said they were apostles, and found them liars ? They tested it by the Apostles Doctrine or Teachings, the word of Truth Acts 2:42

42And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

They found them to be Liars, deceitful workers !

Folks, A True Christian is always Judging doctrine, it is part of the Christian Life. They should be able to discern false doctrine 2 Jn vs 9

9Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

This doctrine of Christ is pretty extensive, and it is a Mystery, The Mystery of Christ Col 4:3

Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:

Eph 3:4

Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:

The Doctrine of Christ is multi faceted, His Deity, His Eternal Mystical Union Union with His Church, His Mediatoral Office, His Suretyship, His Priesthood, His being a prophet, a King, all these Truths of Christ in their distinct characteristics comprise the Doctrine of Christ, and not to forget, His accomplishment for the sins of His Church through His death Eph 5:25-32

25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

28So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

The True Believer Judges what others say about Christ to determine if they are speaking according to Truth as it is in Christ Eph 4:21

If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

Last edited:

beloved57

Does God have Two Inheritances ?

Does God have Two Inheritances ?

Isa 19:25

Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.

Here Israel is said to be His Inheritance. But lets Look at Eph 1:18

18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Ps 135:4

4For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure.

God calls a People Israel in the OT His Inheritance, and He calls a people in the NT His Inheritance Eph 1:18

No it is not Two different groups of People that are His Inheritance, but Just One, and that is the Household of Faith , His Church, the Spiritual Seed of Abraham, that seed of Abraham Chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4

Last edited:

beloved57

A closer look at the Phillipian Jailor !

A closer look at the Phillipian Jailor !

Acts 16:30-32

30And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

32And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

Many of them who teach salvation by works use this passage as proof text that believing is a condition man meets to get saved, when this text teaches no such thing, its just careless teaching of this text that comes to that erroneous conclusion !

Paul told the Jailor, who inquired " What must I DO to be saved" Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. BTW, since Paul added "and your house" it is very unlikely that Paul understood the Jailor to be inquiring about anything but soul salvation, and not being saved from roman government reprisal as many have conjectured; and after that it is stated in vs 32 which almost everyone neglects to mention and consider when they run to vs 30-31 for proof text," and they spake unto him the word of the Lord and all in his house" [which is the Gospel]

Now this is a important statement in order to understand vs 31, because how could one believe on the Lord Jesus Christ without knowing some facts about Him ? Is merely believing the historical facts about Christ as Per 1 Cor 15:3-4, is that what believing on or in Christ ? Absolutely not ! So thats why it is important to first preach the word of the Lord to one [as Paul and His associate did] before they can believe on the Lord. No one can just believe on the Lord Jesus Christ unless to them certain facts about Him are made known unto that person !

Last edited:

beloved57

A closer look at the Phillipian Jailor cont !

No one, including the Jailor can believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and his Gospel unless they have been born again, because the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God 1 Cor 2:14

14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The Gospel is a spiritual message and must be spiritually discerned !

So unless the person is spiritual themselves, the Gospel is foolishness unto him, that foolishness is the greek word mōria and means:

foolishness

The word is used for the preaching of the Cross or the Gospel in 1 Cor 1:18

18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

The word can also be rendered nonsense, the Gospel is foolishness or nonsense to the natural man, those who are perishing !

But to us which are being saved, it is the Power of God. The word saved in the greek is present tense passive voice, the subject is being acted upon, he is being saved by the power of God. I believe that was the case with the Jailor.

Now one cannot believe in Jesus Christ without certain facts being made known. First there must be a certain knowledge of Scripture, remember Paul referenced the scriptures when Preaching Christ 1 Cor 15:1-4

1Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Remember Jesus had to open up the understanding of some about Him, by the Scriptures Lk 24:26-27,45

26Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

27And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

Paul reminded Timothy that it is through Scripture one can be made wise unto salvation by faith in Christ 2 Tim 3:15

15And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

So Paul knew that the Jailor first needed to hear the word of the lord, the scriptures before he would believe !

Last edited:

beloved57

So the Jailor was not going to just randomly believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as Paul commanded him without first Paul preaching Christ to him from the scripture. Notice Paul's method of witness in Thessalonian Acts 17:1-3

1Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews:

2And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

3Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

Do we believe Paul neglected this method with the Jailor ? Paul used the scriptures to witness of Christ to either jew or gentile ! Does it not say that Paul spake unto him and his house " The word of the Lord" Acts 16:32

32And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

The word of the Lord is the Gospel, within it are Truths about Christ to be believed ! For Faith cometh by Hearing the word of the Lord Rom 10:17 !

It does not matter whether the person is jew or gentile that the scripture is used to Preach Christ, for instance the Ethiopian Eunuch who was a non jew, and what did Phillip use with him to Preach Christ ? Acts 8:26-38, and notice vs 35

35Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

So to believe on Christ, it must be as a result of a knowledge of scripture, and not merely a natural man's knowledge, but a spiritual knowledge, a spiritual persuasion ! The message of the Gospel must be spiritually discerned to be believed 1 Cor 2:14

14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

If this Jailor was to receive and believe the Gospel that Paul received and Preached, he would have to be more than a natural man, or the message of the Cross would be foolishness to him 1 Cor 1:18

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

One must be in a saved state for the gospel not to be foolishness to them ! The Jailor would have to be in a saved state to believe the word of the Lord , the scriptures ! Are not the scriptures the things of the Spirit of God as stated in 1 Cor 2:14

Who inspired the scriptures ? 2 Pet 1:20-21

20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

So if a natural man, a man not yet born again of the Spirit can receive a saving knowledge of Christ and faith in Him from the scripture, then they have done something that defies all the truth in the bible, something God says cannot be done !

Last edited:

beloved57

Convinced of sinfulness

Convinced of sinfulness

There is no believing on Christ without being to know experientially one's sinfulness by the Spirit of God Jn 16:8-9

8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9Of sin, because they believe not on me;

A Saviour from sin makes those He saves acutely aware of their sinfulness, sensible sinners [Lk 18:13]. To believe on Christ is not just something to do as a hobby or interest, or because it is popular to do !

Scripture says that Christ came to call sinners to repentance Matt 9:13 also see 1 Tim 1:15; Matt 1:21

The Jailor had been wrought upon by the Spirit of God , hence his inquiry " What must i do to be saved"

Last edited:

beloved57

An explanation of the Person and Work of Christ !

An explanation of the Person and Work of Christ !

Before the Jailor could believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, Paul must explain to him who Jesus Christ is and what exactly did He accomplish and for whom. I once asked a friend of mine did he believe in Jesus Christ, and he answered yes and he stated that he believed that Christ died for sinners. I asked him did he believe that Jesus Christ was God, and he said no, but that he was just the son of God, and that there were other prophets like him who were sons of God. My friend also believes that all religions , muslims and etc are also of God and can lead men and women to God and heaven. So just presenting the historical facts to someone that Jesus Christ died for our sins 1 Cor 15:3-4 and never explaining who Jesus Christ is, what He has accomplished, for whom did He accomplish it and why, that is not preaching the Gospel of Christ !

Last edited:

beloved57

More on Explaining the Person and Work of Christ !

More on Explaining the Person and Work of Christ !

Before the Jailor rested or Trusted in Jesus Christ, Paul spoke unto him the word of the lord Acts 16:30-32

30And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

The word spake here is the greek word laleō which also means preach as in Mark 2:2;Acts 8:25

25And they, when they had testified and preached the word of the Lord, returned to Jerusalem, and preached the gospel in many villages of the Samaritans.

So Paul preached the Gospel to the Jailor, the word of the Lord. Yet this word spake is also used in 1 Cor 2:6-7

6Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Paul spake unto the Jailor the Mystery of the Gospel as Eph 6:19-20

19And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

20For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak. [same word]

So the message that Paul spake to the Jailor was the Mystery of the Gospel, which the natural man cannot receive ! Now Paul would have had to explain spiritual things with spiritual things 1 Cor 2:13

13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

So Paul spake unto the Jailor a Spiritual message, the Gospel Mystery , the word of the Lord. The word of the Lord is not a carnal message ! Now if the Jailor was going to receive and believe this message, he would have to be already spiritual, that is quickened with new spiritual life to receive it, saved !

Last edited:

beloved57

There was no believing on Christ for the Jailor until Paul spake until him the Word of the Lord. This meant Paul explained to him exactly what Christ's death accomplished and for whom. Paul told Him how that Christ's Death satisfied the Justice of God, and for Who Rom 8:33-34

33Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Isa 53:5-12

5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

This references God's Covenant People Israel, not all people in the world without exception !

Though He would sprinkle many nations Isa 52:13-15

13Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high.

14As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:

15So shall he sprinkle many nations; the kings shall shut their mouths at him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider.

The sprinkling is not water baptism, but the application or the sprinkling of the blood of Christ unto His Elect 1 pet 1:2

1Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

2Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

For He was not only the propitiation or satisfaction for the sins of jewish elect, but for elect men and women of many nations..

God's Justice has been satisfied by Christ blood for many in all nations of the world.

These things were made plain in order to lead the Jailor into belief on Jesus Christ

Last edited:

beloved57

The Jailor could not have believed on Christ without Paul presenting to him the word of the Lord a spiritual message ! Rom 10:13-13

13For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

14How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Paul was sent to the Jailor by providence !

One of Truths about the Person of Christ is that He is God. The Lord Jesus Christ. One cannot believe on Christ without believing that He is Jehovah God, the Saviour of His People ! Isa 45:21

Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

If you compare Rom 10:13 with Joel 2:32

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

The word LORD here is Yĕhovah , so that is who is in view in Rom 10:13. But how do you call upon the name of Jehovah ? By calling upon the Name of Jesus Christ, who is Jehovah, and there is not other name given under heaven : Acts 4:11-12

11This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

12Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

That name is Jesus which means Iēsous:

Jesus = "Jehovah is salvation"

The Jailor would believe this about Jesus Christ, that He was Jehovah, as well as He was the Son of God, the Mediator Head of the Church !

Last edited:

beloved57

Gal 5:4 Fallen from Grace !

Gal 5:4 Fallen from Grace !

Gal 5:4

4Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Either one is Justified by Grace as per Rom 3:24

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Titus 3:7

7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

or they are Justified by works [something they do], cannot be a middle ground, there is no gray area Rom 11:5-6

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

The bible is quite clear that no man can be Justified in the sight of God, maybe the sight of men, by the works of the Law, which simply covers anything we do that contributes to one being Justified in the sight of God, to include the act or deed of believing that man does. Since this is true, Christ has redeemed His People from the curse of the law, and for those He died, Justification to life is theirs freely by His Grace through the Redemption that is in His Blood Rom 3:24;Eph 1:7;Col 1:14. For He was delivered for their offenses, and raised again for their Justification Rom 4:25, and many for whom this was done for, had not yet been born physically into the world, yes before they were born, Christ blood had set them free from the law and it's curse, and He had become to them, the End of the Law for Righteousness, and to them it would be given to believe on Him. Rom 10:4; Phip 1:29, for one cannot believe something that is not already a established fact !

Last edited:

beloved57

Gal 5:4 cont

Gal 5:4 cont

Now if Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for those believing, that was a fact before it's revealed to them to believe it, for it is not their believing it that makes it a established fact, Christ alone did that work, but faith reveals that established fact [a spiritual reality] to the ones that it is an established fact for. So Faith is [Heb 11:1]. They were Justified in the heavenlies because of grace Titus 3:7, and not by their own works, or anything they did. If we are Justified by Grace, it has to be wholly of Grace [and nothing we do is considered] or it is wholly of our own works [excluding Grace], for it cannot be a mixture of both, God did His part, now I must do mine ! Those of us who think that way, once you bring in the tiniest element of I did this, we have fallen from Grace ! The Teachings of scripture on salvation by grace are designed to dispel the concept of salvation or Justification as being in any wise conditional to include the works of the law, lest we reject Christ as One and Only Savior, and Grace as the Sole saving element for God's Elect among men !

Last edited:

beloved57

We have all received Grace for Grace ! Jn 1:16

We have all received Grace for Grace ! Jn 1:16

Jn 1:16,17

And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

17For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

John here is talking about all the Church, or all the Covenant People of God, just as the Law came to a Covenant People, likewise grace and Truth comes to a Covenant People.

When Grace is received by those Christ died for as Per Rom 5:17

17For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Notice they receive what Paul calls abundance of Grace, and with that abundance also comes faith and Love 1 Tim 1:14

14And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus [The Head of the Church] !

Everyone Christ died for is given Faith in Christ and Love to Christ by this abundance of Grace they receive as it is communicated from the Head to His Body. Faith and Love are both Gifts of God's Grace through Jesus Christ. That is why everyone Christ died for shall be saved by Grace through Faith, and that not of themselves it is the Gift of God Eph 2:8

.8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

And so it is written that some believe through [by means of or because of] Grace Acts 18:27

27And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

beloved57

We have all received Grace for Grace !

We have all received Grace for Grace !

But not only does this abundant Grace which all receive that Christ died for Rom 5:17, not only does it begat Faith in Us, but also it begats Love in us for Christ. Remember what Jesus said of the woman who wiped His feet with her hair ? Let's look at that Lk 7:47-48

47Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

48And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

It was written, that God forgives sins that He may be feared Ps 130:4

But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.

So it is forgiveness with God that He may be Loved !

It is an fact that the redeemed will Love Christ 1 Pet 1:8

8Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

If you notice , believing and Love are linked together here as it was in 1 Tim 1:14

Hence Faith in Christ and Love to Christ are inseparably linked together, we cannot have one without the other, for they both spring from the same Gift of God's Grace, we believe through Grace, We Love through Grace, these being fruits of His Love to us 1 Jn 4:19

19We love him, because he first loved us.

We did love Him because of our freewill, but because it's an automatic effect and result of Him Loving us, those He died for ! Note: It is impossible for any that Christ died for to not #1 Believe in Him and #2 Love Him also. Let me be clear to those of you who assert that one can believe on Christ before being born again, which simply is not true, the scripture cannot support such an fable, for a man, a natural man cannot Love Christ, in fact by nature he hates Christ ? Do you think Paul could Love and Believe in Christ on his own freewill ? Just take a look at Acts 9:1-2. It was only after a Sovereign encounter with the His risen Saviour , that he received abundant Grace to both believe in Him and Love Him, and so his conversion is an pattern for all who shall believe unto everlasting life 1 Tim 1:14-16

14And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

15This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

16Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

The them is the Church, those He Loved and Gave Himself for Eph 5:25

25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Last edited: