Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

beloved57

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

As we read and study the scriptures, God has been pleased at times to give us certain light and understanding on a particular portion of scripture; and as we feel the desire to testify to that Truth, it at times is difficult in placing it in any given Thread. So I would like to introduce a thread that is designed for varied Truth's of scripture, not really given to any certain subject, but yet its Truth the same.

The first scripture passage i will begin with is 2 Tim 1:9-10

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

What death is abolished, and what light and immortality is brought to light via the Gospel ?

Now in a real sense Christ hath abolished even physical death, but that only to be the last enemy to be manifested as destroyed at His Second Coming, when it will be declared 1 Cor 15:54-55,51-52

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

And at His coming, some Saints will have never tasted of physical death, which will indicate the abolishment of death physically vs

51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

But yet, even in this present life Christ by His death hath for the elect of God, hath abolished spiritual death, which by nature they are born dead in trespasses and sins Eph 2:1,5

1And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

This being dead, is a death that Christ hath abolished. The word abolished is the greek word katargeō and means:

to render idle, unemployed, inactivate, inoperative

a) to cause a person or thing to have no further efficiency

b) to deprive of force, influence, power

2) to cause to cease, put an end to, do away with, annul, abolish

a) to cease, to pass away, be done away

b) to be severed from, separated from, discharged from, loosed from any one

c) to terminate all intercourse with one

Yes, for those whom Christ died and abolished death for, He for them causes spiritual death to cease, He puts an end to it, He annuls or abolishes it. Now How does He do that ?

Last edited:

beloved57

Hath abolished Spiritual Death for the Elect !

Hath abolished Spiritual Death for the Elect !

2 Tim 1:9-10

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Now because Christ hath abolished death in regards to God's Chosen, They must now as a consequence of what Christ hath done, they must be quickened from the dead and made alive, given Life !

Eph 2:1,5

1And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Now in the original the word quickened is not present, so it would be emphasizing, and you being dead in your trespasses and sins. Thats the effects of the sin in Adam, but now lets look at vs 5

5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

This time Paul adds the words Hath quickened. This is the word suzoopoieo which means:

to make one alive together , to cause to live, make alive, give life

by spiritual power to arouse and invigorate to produce alive, begat or bear living young

They are actually made alive together with Christ at the same time He was made alive from the dead, via His resurrection !

A companion scripture would be 1 Pet 1:3

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Those Christ died for, He hath abolished death for them, and gives them Spiritual and Immortal Life, His Life !

beloved57

The Gospel brings this immortality and life to Light !

The Gospel brings this immortality and life to Light !

2 Tim 1:9-10

The evidence that Christ has abolished death, that is spiritual death for all whom He died, and has given them Spiritual Life, it is then Christ sends His Gospel Preachers with the Gospel to them that have this Spiritual Life Rom 10:14-15

14How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

The Preacher is sent by God to those who will Hear. Remember Paul says this Acts 28:28

Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

They will hear it because through Spiritual Life being given to them already, their spiritual death having been abolished by Christ, they have ears to Hear the Gospel of their salvation sent to them.

And their believing, their Repentance from dead works gives brings immortality and life to Light. The word light is the greek word phōtizō and it means:

to bring to light, render evident

a) to cause something to exist and thus come to light and become clear to all

So the Faith and Repentance of a Hearer of the Gospel that was sent to them, gives evidence of them having Eternal life..

So Jesus says Jn 5:24

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Their hearing and believing gives evidence of #1 They have been passed from death unto life [ Because Christ hath abolished their spiritual death 2 Tim 1:10] and #2 That they have Immortal of everlasting Life..

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

If someone cannot form the plural of a simple word correctly and pays no attention to basic rules of communication, how can I trust anything more complicated or profound that he might have to say?

beloved57

Repentance and Faith are New Covenant Commands

Repentance and Faith are New Covenant Commands

Acts 20:21

20And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house,

21Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Repentance towards God and Faith towards The Lord Jesus Christ are New Covenant commands, given to those who have been given a New Heart and New Spirit Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

It is God the Holy Spirit who speaks the command within the New Heart, and it results in a New Gospel obedience, for the command is just as sure to produce the desired result of obedience as God's command of " Let there be Light "

The obedience do God's commands in the Covenant are sure and promised in vs 27 God will cause them to walk in His Statues, that is walk by Faith and they shall keep my Judgments and do them. Thats Repentance and Loving the brethren.

Here are New Covenant Commands 1 Jn 3:32

23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

They shall do !

beloved57

Covenant Blessings are Faith and Love !

Covenant Blessings are Faith and Love !

Covenant Blessings to those Christ died for are Faith and Love. Notice Paul's Testimony as one that testifies that Christ died for him Gal 2:20

20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Now he also wrote that the Grace of God was abundant toward him with Faith and Love which are in Christ Jesus our Lord. 1 Tim 1:12-14

12And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

13Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

14And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. [ See Rom 5:20]

You see Faith in God,in Christ Jesus, and Love to God and Christ Jesus, and other believers are bestowed upon or given to each elect vessel of mercy.

This Love to God [vs 14] was Promised as a Covenant Blessing to the Covenant People of God centuries before Deut 30:6

And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

This Promise to circumcise the hearts of the Covenant People and their seed, has been fulfilled in The New Covenant in Christ's blood. Matt 26:28

28For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

All the Promises of God, even this one to circumcise the heart to Love the LORD thy God, find their amen in Christ 2 Cor 1:20

20For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Now, A Heart to Love God and Christ and to believe in God and Christ[See Rom 10:9] is to the Glory of God..and they flow to God's elect from the Covenant..

beloved57

Covenant Blessings are Faith and Love ! Cont

Covenant Blessings are Faith and Love ! Cont

Faith is promised as a result of the death of Christ, that is, to look [in faith] to Him whom they have pierced Zech 12:10

10And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Notice that it is stated that I will pour out the Spirit of Grace upon the House of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, for these are spiritual and typical designations for the tabernacle of David, and The Church and includes the gentiles Acts 15:16-17

16After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

Hosea 3:5

5Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days.

The gentiles upon whom My Name is Called, that is, they are in Covenant with Him. It can also read, that Israel by which my Name is Called The Israel of God Gal 6:16

So Faith and Love are in The Covenant Head and Surety of the Elect Christ Jesus, those who were given Grace in Him before the world began.

beloved57

What is the Righteousness of Faith ?

What is the Righteousness of Faith ?

Rom 4:13

For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

The Righteousness which is of Faith Rom 9:30

What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

Before I say what this is, The Righteousness of Faith, let me say what it's not, but what most deceived souls believe it is !

It is not as the arminian and free-willer's claim a condition for one's Justification or Salvation !

Its not a choice or decision of the natural mind or understanding of man. If that were True, Paul would be wrong about his statement here 2 Thess 3:2

And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

For it is the Gift of God Eph 2:8; Phil 1:29 and given to God's Elect Titus 1:1 and Christ Sheep Jn 10:26

Its not an spiritual act of ones performance in order to be Justified !

The Righteousness of Faith, is a God wrought Faith, which enables one to apprehend [to grasp the meaning of; understand, especially intuitively perceive] and embraces the imputed Righteousness of Christ, which has been freely laid or charged to their account.

Thats the meaning here Phil 3:9

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

In other words, God given Faith lets us in on the fact that Christ has been made our Righteousness before God 1 Cor 1:30

30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Rom 10:6

But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above )

Faith is not a part of the Righteousness in which one is Justified before God, any more than ones mouth is a part of the food which nourishes the body. Faith is God's Gift [ Eph 2:8] It is the Fruit of the Spirit which is God's Gift [Acts 2:38] whereby they see, feed upon and Glory in Christ as He is revealed to them and in them. Faith is not a work performed by us in order to be Justified; but its a work of God in us by which we apprehend our Justification Jn 6:29

29Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

The reason why its God's work in us to Believe on Him is because God hath made Him our Righteousness 1 Cor 1:30

30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

So this is What the Righteousness of Faith means !

beloved57

The pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand

The pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand

Isa 53:10

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

And the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in His Hand, meaning Christ's Hand. This is speaking of the Salvation of everyone He was sent to seek and to save Lk 19:10

10For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

He came to save all for whom the LORD God wills to be saved and come into the knowledge of the Truth 1 Tim 2:3-4

3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

The word pleasure here in Isa 53:10 is the hebrew word chephets and means:

delight, pleasure

a) delight

b) desire, longing

c) the good pleasure

d) that in which one takes delight

Now the word for will in 1 Tim 2:4 is the greek word thelō and means:

to will, have in mind, intend

a) to be resolved or determined, to purpose

b) to desire, to wish

So this should be easy to figure out. If its God's will or desire for all men to be saved and to come into a knowledge of the Truth, and scripture says that the pleasure or desire of the LORD shall prosper in His [ Christ whom He sent] then the LORD shall see His desire accomplished, for He entrusted it into the Hands of His Son, and scripture says that He shall prosper ! What does the word prosper mean ? Its the hebrew word tsalach and means:

to advance, prosper, make progress, succeed, be profitable

Its also translated effected as in 2 Chron 7:11

11Thus Solomon finished the house of the LORD, and the king's house: and all that came into Solomon's heart to make in the house of the LORD, and in his own house, he prosperously effected.

So all those God the Father wants to be saved and come into the knowledge of the Truth, Christ His Son effected it, He succeeded in accomplishing that, else, The Pleasure of the LORD did not prosper in His Hand.

If one soul perishes and is lost, then Isa 53:10, stating that the pleasure of the LORD prospered in His Hand is a lie !

beloved57

Christ gives repentance to Israel !

Lk 24:45-47

45Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

The word repentance is the greek word metanoia and means:

a change of mind, as it appears to one who repents, of a purpose he has formed or of something he has done

All those for whom Christ died for, God's Elect, His death and the benefits of it, grants all for whom He died for Repentance, that is a change of mind.

God had promised Abraham that in him, in his seed shall all nations be blessed Gen 12:3

3And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Now if recalled Peter quoted this scripture promise in one of his sermons Acts 3:25,26

25Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

But lets look at vs 26

26Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Here we see exactly what the blessing is of which all nations through Abraham's seed Christ shall be blessed with, its the fact that He will turn away everyone of them[The seed of Abraham] from their iniquities ! Thats Repentance.

The word bless in vs 25 is the greek word eneulogeō and means:

to confer benefits on, to bless

Yes, repentance or turning us from our iniquities, conversion is bestowed upon all for whom Christ died as a benefit of His death. Christ turns us, gives us a change of mind. Jer 31:19

Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of my youth.

Jesus turns all those He died for beck to God by giving them Repentance. You see Christ Himself , is the Seed of Abraham, and took on the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:16; Heb 2:16 He was raised up as the Seed of Abraham, to be a Prince and a Saviour and to give [confer or bestow] Repentance [a Change of Mind] on Israel or the seed of Abraham Acts 5:31

31Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. Israel here means God's Elect, His Chosen People, the Seed of Abraham. And its not limited to ethnic jews, but other sheep he hath not of that fold, they to shall be given repentance as a benefit of Christ death Acts 11:18

18When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

This as also a result of God's Promise " saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed."

beloved57

By God's Grace I have been witnessing to the fact that by Christ atoning death, he gives all for whom He died at-one-ment back to God, that is He brings them back from their alienation and estrangement from their sin in Adam their natural head, and they are returned to the bishop of their souls 1 Pet 2:25

For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Peter here says they [The Sheep] are returned ! The greek word for return is epistrephō and means:

to turn to

1) to the worship of the true God

to cause to return, to bring back

The word is also translated be converted Acts 3:19

19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

So here both repentance and be converted are together ! Now the word in 1 Pet 2:25 is also in the passive voice, meaning the subjects, which are the sheep who went astray, are being returned, or they are being converted or being caused to repent by the effects of Christ atoning work on the cross.

Its the same Peter preaching in Acts 3:19 that wrote 1 Pet 2:25 !

The death of Christ turns all for whom He died back to God. If Christ's work did not accomplish that, then the blessing of Gen 12:3 would be null and void. Peter wrote in His Epistle later, that Christ death was that which brings the Elect to God 1 Pet 3:18

18For Christ also hath once suffered for sins [His Death], the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

That He might bring us to God is another way of saying that He may convert us to God, or that He may Grant us repentance towards God.

beloved57

God gives repentance !

God gives repentance !

This blessing of repentance that God through Christ gives His Elect is Illustrated by the parable of the prodigal son in Lk 15:11-24

11And he said, A certain man had two sons:

12And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.

13And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.

14And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.

15And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.

16And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.

17And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!

18I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,

19And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.

20And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

21And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.

22But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:

23And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:

24For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

Now lets look closer at vs 17-21, For what we have here in those verses is the blessing of Repentance being bestowed upon an Elect Child of God who went astray in Adam, now being returned to His Father because of the effects of the Finished work of Christ. You see, it was the result of Christ death that caused him to in verse 17 "when he came to himself" For this was the blessing of repentance being bestowed upon him beginning to work, and notice vs 18, the prodigal made up his mind that he would return back to His Father , who would be God in the Parable.

Whats being Illustrated is what Peter wrote of in 1 Pet 2:24-25

24Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

25For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

As a result of Christ stripes which is another way of saying His Death, all the elect are healed, and that healing is evinced by their return to the Shepherd and Bishop of their souls.

Interestingly enough the greek word for returned is Epistrepho and means:

to cause to return, to bring back

to the love and obedience of God

Also it is in the passive voice, meaning the subjects are being returned by a ability outside of themselves !

This is absolute biblical proof that God through Christ gives all His People repentance !

Last edited:

beloved57

Made Partaker of the Divine Nature !

Made Partaker of the Divine Nature !

2 Peter 1:1-4

1Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

2Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

" That by these ye might be partakers of the Divine Nature".

Because of the Precious Promises of the New Covenant [ See Heb 8:10-12 ] all those for whom Christ died, His Seed, shall partake of a Divine Nature, the New Birth.

This stems from the fact that as Christ Spiritual Seed and in Union with Him.

It was the same because of their Union with Adam, when He sinned, as a consequence they partake of his fallen nature, hence being born physically into this world a sinner, with a appropriate sin nature, and so likewise, the Elect because of their Union and Oneness with Christ, The Last Adam, through His obedience and One act of Righteousness, and as a consequence, they partake of His Divine Nature, through New Birth, being born again as New Creatures. So being born with a sin nature, and then a Divine Nature, evidences that one was in Union with each Head, whether Adam or Christ, that resulted in each nature !

beloved57

Made Partakers of Divine Nature cont

Made Partakers of Divine Nature cont

Just like the elect were made to partake of their sin nature, that is, it was not offered to them, it was not made available for them, they did not have a choice to accept it or reject it according to their own freewill. They were Sovereignly made partakers of it, So likewise it is in the same manner in regards to being made partakers of the New and Divine Nature.

2 Pet 1:4

4Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

The word be here in the greek is the word ginomai and means:

to become, i.e. to come into existence, begin to be, receive being
2) to become, i.e. to come to pass, happen

It denotes a change of condition, its a passing from death unto Life, its the creation of the New Man as here Eph 4:24

And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Just Like when Adam sinned, because of union, many were made sinners by nature, and likewise, when Christ obeyed, many shall be made righteous. And the word made Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

its the greek word kathistēmi:

to constitute, to render, make, cause to be

So as you can see these definitions are quite similar. The word

ginomai : To come into existence, to begin to be etc and the word kathistemi : To make, cause to be !

beloved57

To whom is the word of salvation sent ?

To whom is the word of salvation sent ?

Acts 13:26

Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

The Gospel is sent by God to people for either their salvation Rom 1:16 or for their condemnation. It is meant by the wise providential direction of God to be either a savor of life unto life or death unto death 2 Cor 2:14-16

14Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

15For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

16To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

Now when God sends the Gospel for the purpose of salvation or conversion as Per Rom 1:16 and 1 Cor 1:18 it is the word of salvation as our text states in Acts 13:26. And when that is the case it is sent to them that Fear God ! Paul says " and whosoever among you feareth God "

Thats right, the Gospel cannot be a word of salvation or good news unless one is already in a state of fearing God !

This is confirmed with Peter being sent by God to Cornelius, but notice what scripture says about Cornelius Acts 10:1-2

1There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,

2A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.

Now later in the same chapter it is said that the word was sent [by God] to he and his house. See Acts 10:17,20,21,29,33

And Acts 15 testifies to that Acts 15:7

And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

The Thief on the cross had the word of salvation declared to him by the King Lk 23:43

And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

But look at the confession of this thief right before Lk 23:40

But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

Lydia obviously was one who feared God Acts 16:14

14And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul.

What were the things spoken by Paul but the Gospel, the word of Salvation !

The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom Ps 110:11

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

And then only can we depart from evil Job 28:28

And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the LORD, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

If one has not the Fear of the Lord implanted by Regeneration or New Birth, then they will not depart from evil !

The redemption that is in Christ blood, brings forgiveness of sins Eph 1:7

7In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

And why does God forgive sins ? Ps 130:4

But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.

All for whom Christ died and which through His blood is the remission or forgiveness of their sins, they shall be made to fear God, and the Gospel, the word of salvation shall be sent to them..

Last edited:

beloved57

God's sent word accomplishes its objective for God !

God's sent word accomplishes its objective for God !

Isa 55:11

11So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void [without effect], but it shall accomplish[effect] that which I please[desire], and it shall prosper[succeed] in the thing whereto I sent it.

If God states that His Word is sent on a Mission by Him to Accomplish that which He is pleased and to prosper in the thing whereto its sent, then why don't men believe that the Incarnate Word, Whom He sent, does not prosper and accomplish that which He Pleases ?

For instance If God is pleased and desires that all men without exception be saved and come into a Knowledge of the Truth as many have twisted God's word to mean here 1 Tim 2:4

4Who will[desire] have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Then why does not the Incarnate Word Jn 1:14 whom He sent Jn 6:39

And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Who came to seek and to save that which was Lost Lk 19:10

10For the Son of man is come[because being sent] to seek and to save that which was lost.

Now if that is what He was sent for and came to do, then why are not all without exception being saved and come into the Knowledge of the Truth as God desires ?

Scripture says that the Pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in His hand. Isa 53:10

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

The word prosper here is the same word in Isa 55:11. So why does not the Incarnate Word save all for whom the Father wants or desires to be saved. For those of you who insist that 1 Tim 2:4 means all men without exception, then you will have to conclude that the Incarnate Word was not successful in all that His Father God sent Him to do..

beloved57

The Branch, who is that ? and what shall He accomplish ?

The Branch, who is that ? and what shall He accomplish ?

Zech 6:12

And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD:

Remember when Jesus said this of the OT scriptures ? Lk 24:25,27

Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

The word expounded here is the greek word diermēneuō and means:

to unfold the meaning of what is said, explain, expound

It should be no doubt that this Man the Branch is none other than The Son of David the Lord Jesus Christ Jer 23:5

5Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth

Isa 11:1

1And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

It is stated in the Prophecy of Zech 6:12 that this Man the Branch SHALL build the Temple of the LORD ! I believe the Temple is this one Eph 2:21

In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

And would not that also be the same as the Church that the Branch said He came to Build Matt 16:18

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

I believe this is Jesus stating here that He was the One , the Branch that was to build the Temple of the LORD from Zech 6:12. Yes the Temple and the Church are the same. Also the same is the Tabernacle of David Acts 15:16

After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

This above reference includes the Gentiles in the building of the Temple, which Paul alludes to in Eph 2:19-22

Now the Branch Himself shall accomplish this Great Work for the LORD, not the freewill of men. The Branch gets all the Glory for building the Temple for the LORD, and not one Stone will be missing..

beloved57

Crucified with Christ !

Crucified with Christ !

Gal 2:20

20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Paul says here " I am crucified with Christ" ! Lets stop right there for a minute. When was Paul crucified with Christ ? The word crucified here is the greek word Sustauroo and means:

to crucify alone with

Its also translated crucify with five times ! The word is also a Perfect passive indicative verb.

You see, Paul as well as all for whom Christ died, in their stead and behalf, were in Christ when He was Crucified and God reckons it as they also were Crucified together with Him. This is a real reckoning in the Mind and Purpose of God. 2 Cor 5:14-15

14For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

15And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

Paul here again means all where crucified with Christ, when He the One who died for them died, hence so all were dead with Him !

Notice Paul says in Gal 2:20, nevertheless I live ! Thats equivalent to saying what is said in 2 Cor 5:14-15, that all were dead , that they should live, and that not unto themselves, but unto Christ that died for them.

In Gal 2:20 Paul says Nevertheless I live, and He lives by the Faith of the Son of God, thats because he was given Life by Him that died for him. For all that Christ died, He becomes to them a quickening Spirit 1 Cor 15:45

45And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

This ensures that they all are quickened or made alive Spiritually ! This word quickening is the very same word used here Jn 5:21

21For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

Jn 6:63

63It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

The Holy Spirit is employed by Christ in the Covenant of Redemption to quicken or make alive Spiritually all whom He died for and whom by Union with Him died with Him, were crucified with Him, and so because He lives, they too must live also..

beloved57

What is Idolatry ?

What is Idolatry ?

Idolatry is a very subtle sin, in fact, all by nature are Idolaters Rom 1:18-32 and the only deliverance from it is an effectual work of the Holy Spirit convincing us of this sin Jn 16:8-9, and this of course is effected by the Cross of Christ, His Person and Work. Quite often when we think of Idolaters, we consider people falling down before before pieces of wood or stone or some other graven image Ps 115:4-8

4Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.

5They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not:

6They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not:

7They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat.

8They that make them are like unto them; so is every one that trusteth in them.

or perhaps those who worship the planetary elements like the sun , moon or stars ! No doubt those things are forms of and ways of Idolatry. There however is another way that is more subtle, and that is for those of us who attribute Salvation in any degree to the will of man, or something man must and can do, an act or actions of his, yes if we do that, we are Idolaters, and have made ourselves God, the creature, because Salvation from beginning to Eternity belongs to God, and is Solely of God. We take upon ourselves a prerogative that belongs only to God, and that is He alone determines the final destiny of all His creatures according not to their will but His own will and pleasure ,purposed in Himself Eph 1:9

Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

If and when we attribute any portion of Salvation to ourselves, even though we piously deny it, we become our own Savior, because in the final analysis we make our will, our choice the determining factor in Salvation, and that is Idolatry.

beloved57

True Salvation gives no reason to boast !

True Salvation gives no reason to boast !

Men we are by nature boasters 2 Tim 3:2

For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Romans 1:30

Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

And so when writing about Salvation the Apostle Paul says Eph 2:8-9

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

In order that no one has a reason to boast, Salvation is by Grace through Faith and that not of ourselves ! Whats not of ourselves ? Salvation by Grace through Faith is not of ourselves, thats what ! You see both the Salvation and the Faith to believe it make up the whole of the Gift of God. Remember The writer of Hebrews speaks things that accompany Salvation . Heb 6:9

But, beloved,we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

This word accompany is the greek word a verb echo and means:

used of those joined to any one by the bonds of natural blood or marriage or friendship or duty or law etc, of attendance or companionship

That adhere together or that are closely Joined

to hold one's self to a thing, to lay hold of a thing, to adhere or cling to

a) to be closely joined to a person or a thing

The thought is of things being joined together or companions or that which clings with.

The ESV Though we speak in this way, yet in your case, beloved, we feel sure of better things—things that belong to salvation

The BIBE But, my loved ones, though we say this, we are certain that you have better things in you, things which go with salvation

The DBT But we are persuaded concerning you, beloved, better things, and connected with salvation, even if we speak thus.

Well Faith is one of those Things with Salvation that accompanies it or is connected with it, and Paul says , don't boast, its all a Gift of God's Grace.

So Neither Item in the whole Phrase Salvation nor Faith is of ourselves, and hence there is no ground for boasting.

One cannot say, well I am saved because I had Faith or I believed and you did not. Now I am not suggesting that those of us who believes that their act of Faith or believing is the ground of their Salvation opposed to one who had the same opportunity and did not believe or did not exercise Faith and so remained lost, I am not saying that they make a thing of boasting consciously about it, but nevertheless you have a reason or ground to boast, simply because you believe your act opposed to the no action of the lost one, is that which made the difference between saved and lost, so you were the closer, you closed the deal, and not the effectual benefits of the Death of Christ.

So any of us believing that by our Faith, our belief, our accepting,is the reason for Salvation, we are Trusting in our works, in the arm of the flesh for Salvation , and unless God grants to us repentance from this evil thinking., we are under His legal condemnation and that means Christ did not die for us, in order to give us Repentance, a Change of Mind ! Acts 5:31;11:18

Last edited: