Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

beloved57

beloved57: You neither know what the wrath of God is or the final outcome! There are over 22 distinct words in the Old Covenant for destruction, of those there are at least 6 linking destruction with being brought to perfection and transformation.

But rather than focusing on this, listen closely to the Master of Salvation>>>

"But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Some shall not see life, the wrath of God abides on them Jn 3:36

FineLinen

Some shall not see life, the wrath of God abides on them Jn 3:36

beloved57: You are living in the world of the Pharisee. The judgment you proclaim for the broken vessels of this world is recorded before Him. You neither grasp His word, or the Spirit of His word!

"But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in."

Last edited:

Nanja

Thirdly, there is a Sanctification of the Spirit unto belief of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

This is needed because even the Sanctification by the Father in Eternal Election and the Sanctification of the Son by His Offering Death, neither of those in and of themselves deliver the Elect from Unbelief, but the Sanctification if the Spirit does, His Work results in Belief of the Truth. It is what Jesus meant also here Jn 16:8-9

8 And when he[The Spirit] is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

None can believe the Truth until His Mighty Work of Sanctification is performed in us !

Jesus also prayed that all for whom He died would experience this Work of the Spirit Jn 17:19

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

This intercession of Christ is answered here in 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Those Christ died for cannot be Sanctified by the Truth unless they believe it, acknowledge it ! Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

The Truth of God is also Sanctified. All Three phases of these Sanctifications are established realties before the Sanctified ones believes the Truth, in fact, its why they do Believe, its phase #3 The Sanctification of the Spirit that enables the Sanctified ones of the Father and Son to Acknowledge the Truth !

Thank You Brother for this very edifying Three part study in the scriptures, "Sanctification by God" !

Nanja

Sister I Bless God you receive this study as the word of God and not of man !

Amen, most definitely do, and I Bless Him too for that Brother !

As you have stated so well:

It is "The Sanctification of the Spirit that enables the Sanctified ones of the Father and Son to Acknowledge the Truth !"

Nanja

Matt 25:34

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

All for whom Christ died, have a Legal Right to Eternal Life ! Jesus is here telling all for whom He died, His Sheep, those given to Him by His Father, to come, and inherit the Kingdom, which is Eternal Life !

Jesus said later Matt 25:46

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

The Righteous are Inheriting what they had a Right to.

The word inherit in Vs 34 is the greek word klēronomeō and means:

to receive a lot, receive by lot

a) esp. to receive a part of an inheritance, receive as an inheritance, obtain by right of inheritance

b) to be an heir, to inherit

2) to receive the portion assigned to one, receive an allotted portion, receive as one's own or as a possession

3) to become partaker of, to obtain

Christ died for the Heirs of Promise. Remember Isaac ? He was an Heir, His Mother Sarah said Gal 4:30

30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

And Sarah was an Heir with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob Heb 11:8-

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

This Inheritance was not earthly as many have been deceived into believing by the devil, but Heavenly Heb 11:16

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

In fact its the same Heavenly Inheritance as here 1 Pet 1:3-4

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

Notice how it is said to be reserved in Heaven, well in the End those whom it was reserved for shall Inherit as Jesus words Matt 25:34 !

And all Believers in Christ are as Isaac was Gal 4:28

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Also Romans 9:8

That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

That means all believers, whether jew or gentile were Heirs together with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as per Heb 11:8-9

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

Now, was Isaac born as a sinner like all of us ? Yes he was. But now was Isaac an Heir before He was born a sinner according to God's Word ? Yes he was Gen 15:3-4

3 And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir.

4 And, behold, the word of the Lord came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.

So all the Heirs of Promise are Heirs before they are even born sinners, their heirship comes from being in Union with Christ Jesus before the World began Rom 8:17

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Thats what constituted the Joint Heirship we had. For Christ was appointed Heir of all things before the World began Heb 1:2

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

When was that ? It was when He became the Only Begotten Son of His Father which was before Time Began Prov 8:22-25

22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth or was born or begotten:

Now thats how Long the Believer, the Elect of God had a Legal Right to Eternal Life !

Thank You for providing this outstanding and edifying study in the scriptures:

"A LEGAL RIGHT TO ETERNAL LIFE"

And always Thanking God for You my Brother !

Nanja

obeying the truth through the Spirit !

1 Pet 1:22

22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

Gal 3:1

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

What Truth is here meant ? Obeying the Truth ! Gal 5:7

7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

The Truth is the Gospel, the Truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

But understand how they obeyed the Truth by Peters words here 1 Pet 1:22

Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

It [ the obedience] was through the Spirit ! The word through is the preposition dia which means:

through

a) of place

1) with

2) in

b) of time

1) throughout

2) during

c) of means

1) by

2) by the means of

2) through

a) the ground or reason by which something is or is not done

1) by reason of

2) on account of

3) because of for this reason

4) therefore

5) on this account

The Spirit of Christ being the author of the action to obey the Truth. This is New Covenant talk Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do[obey] them.

2 Thess 2:13

This is what Peter means by obeying the Truth through the Spirit in 1 Pet 1:22.

Belief of the Truth and obeying the Truth are the same.

Those who teach believing or obeying the Gospel apart from the New Birth and through it are teaching lies !

Yes, most definitely !

Nanja

Eph 4:22

That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

Was their such lusts in Adam and Eve before they sinned ?

Yes ! Adam and Eve were both carnal and in the flesh and would do by nature as all unregenerate persons do; and which was according to God's Eternal Purpose in Christ Jesus Eph. 3:11.

Eph. 2:2-3

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Eve's desire to eat from the forbidden tree was a lust of the flesh and mind.

1 John 2:15-16

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Gen. 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Her desire was to be wiser than God which is idolatry.

Col. 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

Putting off deceitful lusts of the old man can only be accomplished by putting on the New Man given by the Spirit of God in New Birth.

Eph. 4:22-24

22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

beloved57

nanja

Eve's desire to eat from the forbidden tree was a lust of the flesh and mind.

Absolutely !

Col. 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

Putting off deceitful lusts of the old man can only be accomplished by putting on the New Man given by the Spirit of God in New Birth.

Eph. 4:22-24

22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Yes, first thing is believing that Christ has done away with and put to death all those sins of the flesh.Col 2:13-14

13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Gal 5:24

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Rom 6:6

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Nanja

nanja

Absolutely !

Yes, first thing is believing that Christ has done away with and put to death all those sins of the flesh.Col 2:13-14

[FONT=&]13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Gal 5:24

[/FONT]

[FONT=&]24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Rom 6:6

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.[/FONT]

Amen and Thank-You for expounding further !

It's because those Christ died for already have forgiveness / remission of sins past, present and future, that they must be quickened, or made to Live Spiritually John 3:6-7, whereby the knowledge of it Luke 1:77 can be communicated to them by God Given Faith to Believe that their sins were never laid to their account, but upon Christ Is. 53:6.

Gal. 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Nanja

Why did Job, a Man that feared God, and God had stated this about him Job 1:1,8

There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

Why did he say this about himself ? Job 40:3-4

3 Then Job answered the Lord, and said,

4 Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth.

Compare to Paul's 7:24ff

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

The english word wretched means vile !

Job and Paul are perfect examples of God's elect who consider themselves vile and wretched because their sinning continues as long as they remain in their body of flesh.

However, because all their sins are forgiven by Christ's finished Work on their behalf; having been charged to Christ the Lamb Heb. 7:22; Rev. 13:8 from Everlasting, God Sees them as nothing less than perfect and upright !

Rom. 5:8-10

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

beloved57

Nanja

Job and Paul are perfect examples of God's elect who consider themselves vile and wretched because their sinning continues as long as they remain in their body of flesh.

Yes !

However, because all their sins are forgiven by Christ's finished Work on their behalf; having been charged to Christ the Lamb Heb. 7:22; Rev. 13:8 from Everlasting, God Sees them as nothing less than perfect and upright !

Sure ya right !

Rom. 5:8-10

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Gospel Truth Sister !

Nanja

Rom 5:14

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Now who are they that did not sin in the simlitude / representation of Adam's Transgression as stated here ? It means that not all mankind in the beginning was represented in Adam when he did Transgress, but nevertheless death reigned over them, yet not as a direct result of Adam's sin as others Rom 5:12

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Now some may argue that the exceptions in Rom 5:14 refers to baby's, however that is not true, for babies sinned in their Representatives, some in Adam, their being born sinners evidences they were made sinners by Adam's Transgression Rom 5:19a

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Now, Adam only represented the Elect, The Children of God that had partook in flesh and blood in Adam Heb 2:14

14 Forasmuch then as the children[Of God] are partakers of flesh and blood[In Adam], he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

For the Elect did sin in the similitude / representation of Adam's Transgression, for He was their Covenant Head at Creation, made in the Image and Likeness of God !

However, the non elect, the tares, the children of the wicked one, they were not in Adam at the Fall of mankind in Him, but they were in their Father the Devil Jn 8:44 who also sinned in the beginning 1 Jn 3:8. They , the children of the devil were added on Adam's natural posterity because as a consequence of He and Eves sin, Now her conception in childbirths would not only be for the Elect Godly Seed as it originated in Creation Mal 2:15

15 And did not he[God] make one[Adam and Eve]? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.

Now that purpose was not thwarted by the fall, but now Eves conception would be multiplied to add on another seed. Gen 3:16

16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

This was so that they would now by their natural sexual relations would generate not only the seed of the Godly of which Christ would come, but also the seed of the ungodly which would persecute the Godly Seed. So now both seeds had a vehicle given to have physical life. Now Two Nations or Manner of Peoples would replenish the Earth for God's Purpose in Christ. The Holy Nation separated unto God, and that people which would be a Nation of evil doers forever.

This point is made clear by God's words to Isaac's wife Rebekah here Gen 25:21-23

21 And Isaac intreated the Lord for his wife, because she was barren: and the Lord was intreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.

22 And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus? And she went to enquire of the Lord.

23 And the Lord said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.

God was also revealing to her His Eternal Purpose of Election Rom 9:10-13.

The same had been True with Eve, for her firstborn cain was not her seed, but of another manner of people than her godly seed son Abel. Remember when Seth was born in the place of Abel whom cain persecuted and murdered, Eve stated this about Seth Gen 4:25

25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

She did not acknowledge cain as her seed as she did Abel and Seth ! And rightly so, for cain was of that wicked one 1 Jn 3:8, though he was born a man Gen 4:1

And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

Nothing about being her seed, for he was not of the godly seed Mal 2:15!

So that's why Rom 5:14 does exist, for not all mankind sinned in Adam, I know this is a very difficult Truth for the natural mind to accept !

Amen Brother 1 Cor. 2:14 !

Nanja

Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

That word gift is the greek word charisma:

a favour with which one receives without any merit of his own

2) the gift of divine grace

3) the gift of faith, knowledge, holiness, virtue

4) the economy of divine grace, by which the pardon of sin and eternal salvation is appointed to sinners in consideration of the merits of Christ laid hold of by faith

5) grace or gifts denoting extraordinary powers, distinguishing certain Christians and enabling them to serve the church of Christ, the reception of which is due to the power of divine grace operating on their souls by the Holy Spirit

to do something pleasant or agreeable (to one), to do a favour to, gratify

a) to show one's self gracious, kind, benevolent

b) to grant forgiveness, to pardon

c) to give graciously, give freely, bestow

1) to forgive

2) graciously to restore one to another

3) to preserve for one a person in peril

But now those who would pervert the Grace of God, the Free Salvation of God, which is also Eternal Life, they unlawfully [lawlessness] make the Gift of God into a offer, by which its left up to the sinner to accept the Gift of Eternal Life or Salvation if they are to have indeed have it, but such nonsense as this is only a perversion of the Gospel of God's Grace. The Gift of God is not an offer, but it is something given.

Jn 17:2

As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Jn 10:28

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

1 Jn 5:11

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

To offer someone something and to give someone something are two entirely different things.

Lets say someone with unlimited power and resources came to you with a substantial amount of money and said, here this is yours if you want it and will receive it from me as a gift. Well at that moment of the offer a decision has to be made in order to make the gift yours , its not rightfully yours until you decide that it will be. Now on the other hand, if that same person took that same amount of money, opened up an account in your name and deposited that substantial amount of money into your account, by which it now legally belongs to you as a Gift, and instead of it being offered to you, later you are informed of that large sum of money that already belongs to you, it was given as a Gift to your account ! Well thats how it works with the Gift of Salvation or Eternal Life, the Gospel is sent to them that have it [The Gift] they already have received it to their account by another, and the Gospel is sent to them not to offer it to them, but to inform them of it, and so its the Good News of their Salvation Eph 1:13 it was a Free Gift given to their account of God, through the Lord Jesus Christ !

Excellent **** !

Nanja

Now what about that forgiveness in Acts 2:38 ? That also has been perverted by false teachers, which they wrest this verse to falsely teach that men must perform a condition in order for God to forgive them ! But that simply is not true, in fact forgiveness of sins is given by the risen Christ to His Church, God's Elect, just as Repentance is given them Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Now how does He give forgiveness of sins to Israel or the Elect of God ? First of all they have it through His Blood Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Secondly, He gives it by giving them a Spiritual Knowledge of it Lk 1:77

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

BTW, Forgiveness of sins is Salvation from the penalty of sin. This Knowledge is given by being preached to them Lk 24:46-47

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Also Acts 13:38

38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins

Its preached or proclaimed unto them as a done deal, in Jesus Name, He did it and gives it to you by having it proclaimed or preached to you, its the good news of your Salvation Lk 1:77; Eph 1:13. So repentance and remission of sins are included in some of the all things given with Christ for all whom He died !

TY my Brother for blessing me with this spiritually edifying, 4-part study in God's Word ! :)

Nanja

I Thank God for you Sister in giving us ears to hear !

Amen Brother, and I Thank God and give Him all Glory ! For we only have been Given that ability to Spiritually Hear God's Words which are Spiritual 1 Cor 2:13 because we are Born of the Spirit of God John 8:47a !

Nanja

One must be already spiritual at the time of the Gospel call to them, for its a call into fellowship and communion with God 1 Cor 1:9

9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

And since God and Christ are Spirit and Spiritual, so must be the fellowship, and which the flesh cannot participate, therefore they have to be made Spiritual which can only be by being born of the Spirit, hence Jesus says Jn 3:6

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

If we have only been born of the flesh, natural birth, then we are not meet to be a recipient of the Gospel call unto the Fellowship of God in Christ !

Amen Brother ! First a person must be made meet to receive the Gospel Call unto the Fellowship of God and Believe the Gospel of his Salvation, and that is by having been Given the Spirit in New Birth John 3:6; the same Holy Spirit of Promise who sealed us [God's Elect], unto the Day of Redemption Eph. 1:13-14.

However, those who remain in the flesh / carnal all their lifetime cannot hear the Gospel of their salvation, the Gospel Call unto Fellowship of God in Christ, for they never had it, neither can they do anything that pleases God.

Rom. 8:7-9

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

We are only in the Spirit after having been Born Again by the Spirit.

1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Nanja

Rev 20:1-3

And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Notice these things about this Angel.

1. He came down from Heaven.

2. He had in His Right Hand the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain. What do these items mean. The Key and the Chain, and His Right Hand ?

3. And He laid hold of the Dragon. What does this laying hold of mean. Who is the dragon ?

4. This Angel bound the dragon a thousand years

5. This Angel cast him[the dragon] into the bottomless pit which resulted in him not able to deceive the nations for the duration of 1000 yrs.

Now who is this Angel in Johns Vision. I believe the Angel is the Lord Jesus Christ.

Amen Brother, the Angel is Christ !

Now for the rest I believe:

The Key represents Christ's Authority to Judge [Right Hand] over all things John 5:27 and to cast into hell.

And the Chain in His Right Hand speaks of His Authority to cast into Hell as in:

Jude 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day

As always, you know I'm always open to your additions and / or corrections :)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Amen Brother, the Angel is Christ !

Now for the rest I believe:

The Key represents Christ's Authority to Judge [Right Hand] over all things John 5:27 and to cast into hell.

And the Chain in His Right Hand speaks of His Authority to cast into Hell as in:

Jude 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day

As always, you know I'm always open to your additions and / or corrections :)

You are both wrong. Jesus is not an angel. This is verified in Hebrews 1:6

Hebrews 1:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

Who is this angel? One who does God's bidding.