Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

beloved57

Fitting them for destruction !

Fitting them for destruction !

God is fitting the seed of the serpent for destruction or we can say God is fitting the children of the devil for destruction or the reprobate or the non elect for destruction. All such vessels of wrath Rom 9:22 do cooperate with God's purpose for them, and since God has ordained them for destruction, their behavior is such that acquiesce and fit themselves for destruction as well, and God is righteous in His destroying them at last, as it will be in the day of Christ and Judgment.

This principle of operation is fully brought to light with God's dealing with Pharaoh, the king of Egypt, and let us remember that God gives us to know that what transpired between He and Pharaoh was according to God's set purpose, He that works all things according to His own counsel Eph 1:11. God teaches His people how He makes the vessels of wrath, the non elect, the tares, fitted for destruction.

When it was time for God to bring His People Israel out of bondage, He told Moses Ex 4:21

And the Lord said unto Moses, When thou goest to return into Egypt, see that thou do all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I have put in thine hand: but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go. and this begins an Illustration from the sacred testimony or scriptures of How God deliberately and predeterminately fits a person or persons for destruction. God again speaks on what He has purposed to do Ex 7:3,13

And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt.

And he hardened Pharaoh's heart, that he hearkened not unto them; as the Lord had said.

But now lets look at the Sovereign Effect that the purpose of God to harden Pharaoh's heart has on Pharaoh as he is an accountable creature Ex 8:15

But when Pharaoh saw that there was respite, he hardened his heart, and hearkened not unto them; as the Lord had said.

Yes, he hardens his own heart, this also fitting him for destruction, so God will be just in his damnation, for he will be without excuse ! In fact, Pharaoh acknowledges at one point that God is righteous Ex 9:27

And Pharaoh sent, and called for Moses and Aaron, and said unto them, I have sinned this time: the LORD is righteous, and I and my people are wicked.

God had selected out Pharaoh centuries before to fulfill His Purpose when He made this promise to Abraham Gen 15:13-14

13 And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;

14 And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance.

This was God's predetermined plan for Pharaoh, and He has one in place for each vessel of wrath that He fits and causes to fit themselves as accountable creatures to destruction !

beloved57

1 Cor 2:14

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The natural man's understanding is joined inseparably with his mind and heart, the seat of affection, which also cannot be separate from the volition of the will. Scripture points out to us that the natural mind cannot discern spiritual realties, but many really do not believe this is true 1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The Truths from the Spirit of God cannot be accepted by the natural man, this includes the Gospel, which is spiritual ! Yet many in false religion today teach that man has the freewill to choose and to submit to God and the things of God. In essence the false teachers and their deluded followers believe that man's natural heart can and does make spiritual choices with spiritual ability, that the natural heart of man does indeed discern spiritual things and that is does have the ability to submit to and please God, all the things that scripture indicates that the natural heart cannot do spiritually, the freewillers in pride and opposition say the natural heart of man can do !

beloved57

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God

The type of ground, typifying the heart, the good ground was the only that Jesus said the word [gospel] landed upon, and it understandteth it Matt 13:23

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Understand with the heart Jn 12:40

He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

This is vitally important and speaks to the need of the New Heart before Faith in the Gospel, because the Natural man, he that is only born of the flesh, born of a woman, cannot and does not understand the things of the kingdom of God, which the Gospel is Matt 24:14.

This we know from such scriptures as Rom 1:31

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Eph 4:18

Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

This word phrase understanding darkened in the greek is in the perfect tense and passive voice, in other words this does not change at all unless man is brought into another condition, namely new birth ! Because until then, we remain alienated from the life of God!

So in all this we discover why the natural man has no understanding by nature of God and spiritual matters, because again , by nature we are void of Life to God ! So consequently, the heart or ground in Matt 13:23 that received the word of the Kingdom, must be a Heart with the Life of God in it, which speaks of New Birth, Regeneration or having been born of God ! Unless this [New Birth] has occurred, 1 Cor 2:14 remains True of us all ! If we deny this , we are showing ourselves wiser than God and what has been written in the sacred volume !

Last edited:

beloved57

The Sure Mercies of David !

Isa 55:3

Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

The sure Mercies of David are Spiritual Blessings of the Everlasting Covenant Heb 13:20-21

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

The sure Mercies of David are fulfilled in the Lord Jesus Christ, specifically in His Resurrection according to Paul here Acts 13:32-35

32 And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers,

33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.

35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

If you notice, the Resurrection of Christ is key in Heb 13:20 !

And it is by means of His Resurrection from the Dead, that all the Children of Promise Partake of the sure mercies of David in their being begotten again, according to God's Abundant Mercy 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Everyone Christ died for, was buried, and rose from the Grave on their behalf, they partake of the sure mercies of David, the New Birth with all of it's accompanying Spiritual Blessings ! Faith, Repentance, Love etc..

beloved57

By Faith Abel !

By Faith Abel !

Heb 11:4

By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

The offering that Abel did offer typified Christ, the Lamb Slain from the foundation of the world, so he had Christ revealed to him, for scripture said he was righteous. This means the Gospel revealed to him a Righteousness of God imputed to him based upon the lamb slain from the foundation, and would come in the fulness of time !

beloved57

The Mediator between God and Men !

The Mediator between God and Men !

1 Tim 2:5

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Many take this verse, as even as I once did, to mean that, The mediator Christ Jesus is the Mediator of all men without exception, even those who are accursed and will be pronounced so in the day of Judgment by Him Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matt 25:41

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

The word cursed here is in the perfect tense, they have always been cursed ! Which plainly denotes that Christ was not made a curse for them [Gal 3:13], He never knew them !

This is the Mediator of 1 Tim 2:5 speaking to these cursed people He said He never Knew. But Christ as Mediator Knew and Delighted in the Men that He was set up as their Mediator from everlasting Prov 8:30-31

30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

The Sons of Men here are those men of 1 Tim 2:5 ! So those He never knew and pronounces cursed, its a mistake to reckon them as objects of His Delight and Mediation !

Now Jesus Christ is more specifically the Mediator of the Covenant Heb 12:24

24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

The New Covenant Heb 8:6

But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

So the Men He is a Mediator in behalf of are a Covenant People of a Better Covenant, they are the Chosen Covenant People of God, the House of Israel and of Judah Heb 8:8

For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Now this being understood spiritually, they are God's Elect Covenant People from among the ethnic jews and the gentiles, which both together constitute the Israel of God, the Spiritual Seed of Abraham through Christ Gal 3:29

And if ye be Christ's [The Mediator of 1 Tim 2:5], then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Also it can be noted that He is the Mediator of all the men who are the called to receive the Promise [not offer] of Eternal Inheritance Heb 9:15

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

This Promised Eternal inheritance is actually that Eternal Life which is the Gift of God through Jesus Christ Rom 6:23 [The Mediator 1 Tim 2:5] and its not an offer as the antichrist followers claim !

beloved57

But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

Rom 5:20

Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

Grace which is through Jesus Christ as confirmed Rom 5:21

That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom 5:15

But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Grace abounds over sin and death, whenever a sinner that Christ died for 1 Cor 15:3 or tasted death for Heb 2:9 whenever such a one is converted to God by the New Birth, and hence it can be said Eph 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Now understand this, if one, yes just one, for whom Christ died 1 Cor 15:3 and Heb 2:9 die in their sins as Per Jn 8:24

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

And consequently never became a Believer, then those, sin and death abounded much more abounded over them than God's Grace through Jesus Christ ! Thats an fact, it says that God's Grace through the one Man Jesus Christ was not able to recover from sin and death that came through the one man Adam !

Thats a victory for satan !

However, an example has been given us if we have eyes to see, how that Grace doth always abound over where sin did abound, this we see in the conversion of saul into Paul, by Grace abounding he came from hate and unbelief to Faith in Christ 1 Tim 1:13-14

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

Yes, this is how Grace much more abounds over sin and death, this Grace abounds because it was through a much more Superior Man, the Lord Jesus Christ, that the sin and death came through the man adam !

The words much more abound Rom 5:20

Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

Its the greek word hyperperisseuō and means:

to abound beyond measure, abound exceedingly

2) to overflow, to enjoy abundantly

This is what Paul meant by the words " The grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant" to him ! The words exceeding abundant in the greek are hyperpleonazō and means:

to be exceedingly abundant

2) to overflow

3) to possess in excess

So the conversion experience that Paul experienced by the Grace of Jesus Christ flowing from the Merits of His Death Heb 2:9, for His Death was God's Grace in Action, this same conversion experience by the Grace of God being communicated abundantly, is due each and man, and woman that Jesus Christ tasted death in behalf of, and do recover them from the sin and death in adam,if not, we may strike Rom 5:20 out of the sacred records, because it is would have been proved that one for whom Christ died was finally overcome by sin and death and shall perish in their sins !

beloved57

Grace abounding much more !

Grace abounding much more !

Grace abounding much more where sin did abound causing death through Adam, this Grace abounding to a sinner for whom Christ died is the same as the New Birth or the Sanctification of the Spirit. Grace abounds much more because everyone Jesus Christ died for shall receive the Gift of a New Birth by the resurrection of Him for the dead as Per 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

beloved57

How does Grace reign through Jesus Christ Our Lord ?

How does Grace reign through Jesus Christ Our Lord ?

Rom 5:19-21

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

How does this Grace reign through Jesus Christ ? It Reigns by the New Birth. It reigns because Christ Death and Resurrection communicates to those that He died for, a New Birth as Per 1 Pet 1:3

This having been begotten again which means:anagennaō

to produce again, be born again, born anew

2) metaph. to have one's mind changed so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God

The produce means to create again ! God by New Birth Creates those Christ died for and satisfied law and Justice for, He Creates them again as a Gift a New Man !

Eph 4:24

And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

And by this New Creation we are given these 2 Pet 1:3

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

These things are given or bestowed in the New Birth. One of those all things He gives that pertains Life and Godliness is Godly Repentance. Repentance is a Godliness 2 Cor 7:8-10

9 Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.

10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

This Repentance is of a godly a divine nature 2 Pet 1:4

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

The divine nature given in the New Birth or New Creation, and through this New nature we escape the corruption of the Old Nature we received by our fall in Adam. And so we are given by this Repentance to life Acts 11:18

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

beloved57

How does Grace reign through Jesus Christ Our Lord ? cont

How does Grace reign through Jesus Christ Our Lord ? cont

We have pointed out that by the Gift of the New Birth, God gives us a Nature that pertains to Life and Godliness 2 Pet 1:1-3

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

According to His Divine Power hath given or bestowed all things needed that pertain to life and godliness.

One such thing is Godly Repentance, next He hath given us Faith . Yes Faith is according to Godliness Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

That is Acknowledging the Truth and the Faith of God's Elect, are after godliness !

1 Tim 6:11

But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

In the New Birth all is given to Live like this:

to have one's mind changed so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God

And this is how Grace Reigns through Righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ !

Righteousness demands that all for whom Christ died, live a Life of Faith,which pleases God. So we receive Faith through the Righteousness of God and Our Saviour Jesus Christ !

2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Grace reigns through Righteousness when all for whom Christ died are given to Live by Faith, because the Just shall live by Faith, which pleases God !

Last edited:

beloved57

We pray you in Christ's stead be ye reconciled to God.

We pray you in Christ's stead be ye reconciled to God.

2 Cor 5:18-21

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

When it is said by the Apostle here "we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God" this appeal or summons is going out to those who have had Spiritual Life communicated to them, in fact they were already New Creatures in Christ vs 17, and now God by means of the Truth, the Word of God or of Reconciliation [accomplished], in fact, the very voice of Christ through the preaching, as stated, we pray you in Christ's stead" be ye reconciled to God" ! And of course their hearing Christ's voice, faith cometh by Hearing !

So this passage is not as the false believers present it, as if God is pleading and begging men and women every where to accept Christ and get saved.

In fact, when they said be ye reconciled, in the greek its a imperative [command] and it is in the passive voice, that is the subjects are being converted by the word of reconciliation ! Its what Paul says here Acts 26:18

18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

They, the Apostles were the princes that would rule in Judgment with the King Isa 32:1

Behold, a king shall reign in righteousness, and princes shall rule in judgment.

So they, could pray or beseech in Christ stead or behalf, being God ordained ambassadors for Him and ruling with Him.

It was unto them only that Jesus said :

Matt 16:18-19

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Paul was binding His Corinthian hearers , with that Apostolic Authority from Christ !

beloved57

Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Jn 1:29

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

This means Two things, that the sins of the world in question here, and the people who comprise it, these all [sins] had been charged to Christ's account, and secondly, that He hath taken them away as Per Dan 9:24

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

This means the full and complete discharge of them. These sins can never again be brought up for Judgment no more as those which were typified by the scapegoat, who bore away the sins of the people into the wilderness of forgetfulness Lev 16:21-22

21 And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness:

22 And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a land not inhabited: and he shall let go the goat in the wilderness.

Jer 50:20

In those days, and in that time, saith the Lord, the iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, and there shall be none; and the sins of Judah, and they shall not be found: for I will pardon them whom I reserve.

Ps 103:12

12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

The word removed means:

to be or become far, be or become distant, be removed, go far away

a) (Qal) to be far, be distant

b) (Piel) to send far away, extend

c) (Hiphil)

1) to make or exhibit distance, be gone far

2) to remove, put far away

This is the Ideal that John 1:29 conveys regarding all the sins of those Christ died for as the Lamb of God !

And Christ's Resurrection from the dead gives declaration that all those [a world of people] who had their iniquities laid upon Him for the carrying out of due Justice for them, that they are Justified in the court of God's Law and Justice ! This is so even though this declaration of their Justification [Rom 4:25] is unknown to them, and yet to pass upon their consciousness !

beloved57

If Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

If Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

1 Cor 15:17

And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

If Christ be not raised, ye are yet in your sins ! If Christ is raised, ye are not in your sins !

You see,[God given] Faith has embraced the Truth that Christ's Sacrifice hath taken away one's sins, Jn 1:29 but if Christ be not risen, then that means that God did not discharge the sins of those He had laid upon Him as Per Isa 53:6

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

The Lord caused to fall upon Him the Iniquity of all for whom He died !

And in such a case, faith is useless or of no purpose !

Now the false teachers hath perverted the sense of this Truth and would have it mean that faith is the condition man meets in order for the discharge of one's sins, but that is only a cheat from the Work of Christ which alone discharges the sins of those He died in behalf of, and that being the case the resurrection of Christ from the dead is a solemn testimony of that fact ! And so it is whenever the Gospel is preached and forgiveness of sins proclaimed, based upon His Work, His Name, God given Faith embraces the Truth of it, and that one then receives into their consciousness the forgiveness or discharge of them as Per Acts 26:18

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

But if Christ be not risen, then faith is of no use to embrace such a Truth, and their discharge is a delusion !

When it is said that the risen Christ gives Repentance and Remission of sins to Israel as Per Acts 5:31, it means He gives them the Knowledge of it, the Knowledge of the fact their sins are forgiven ! Lk 1:77

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

beloved57

1 Cor 1:30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

The OC Saints had Faith in Christ for their Righteousness as does the NT Saints.

Notice Isa 45:23-25

23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

24 Surely, shall one say, in the Lord have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.

25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

Rom 3:21-25

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Like Isa 45

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

That forgiveness of sins was through Christ the coming seed of the woman, the Shiloh Gen 49:10; all the OT prophets since the beginning did bear witness to Lk 1:70 and Faith to Salvation was in His Blood Rom 3:24-25, and so in order to that, they must also have heard the Word of God, for Faith cometh by hearing Rom 10:17, also OT Saints understood that this mercy of forgiveness of sins, God had reserved only for a Remnant Micah 7:18

18 Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth[Taketh away] iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

But this Mercy that God delighteth in for the taking away of iniquity, was not for all mankind, but a Remnant, not even all ethnic jews either, for in them was a remnant Isa 1:9

And this Remnant of Hope was always given the Faith of God's Elect to Trust in Christ's Blood for their Mercy of forgiveness Rom 3:24-25

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

beloved57

In Him was Life !

In Him was Life !

John 1:1-4

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

That Life was the Light of men, the Elect of God and those who would become Believers in time, for as many as were ordained to Eternal Life believed Acts 13:48. It was all these that did have Life in Christ, the Word, before they had life and were created in Adam, and before they sinned in Adam, for they had a Covenant Life in their Covenant Head. Now I am not speaking of any personal existence, but a spiritual life, a seed life given them in Christ; for they all existed as the Spiritual Body of which He was the Head of which is seen in scripture Col 1:16-18, that is Christ as the Head of His Body, and that His Body was created in Him, as Eve was created in Adam, for they were Chosen and given to Him as Eve was God's Choice for Adam and gave her to him, for it is written : Gen 2:22

And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

Now some may say that Christ was not created ! But oh yes He was, but only its more appropriately called begotten or generated or brought forth.

Prov 8:22-25

22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:

However it must be made clear that this generation or being brought forth only applies to His Mediator Sonship as the Son of God, set up in His Mediator capacity Prov 8:23, as the Man Christ Jesus 1 Tim 2:5; and we also hold that Christ in His absolute Divinity was never begotten, or generated, or brought forth, but always existed Uncreated, Unbegotten as the Word of God Jn 1:1, but His bride was created in Him as He was Himself was begotten as the Mediator and Firstborn of Creation Rev 3:14

14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Col 1:15

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Now it was as the God Man Mediator that the Life or Covenant Life of all them Chosen in Him, was that Life of men in Him Jn 1:4 and this Life was the Light of men.

Turn with me to Isa 42:6

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; See also Isa 49:6

Lk 2:32

32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

And each man that had this Covenant Life given them in Christ, shall partake of it as they come into this world Jn 1:9

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

That is every man that has an interest in Christ as their Covenant Head, and that is because they have Covenant Life, they will be lightened with the Light of Life Jn 8:12 and Acts 13:47

47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. That fulfills Lk 2:32 !

All of those who has Spiritual Life and Light communicated to them, it was because they had Covenant Life in Him Jn 1:4

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

beloved57

The commands of the Apostles during their Gospel Preaching, such as Acts 2 :38 [to repent] Acts 3:19 [repent] Acts 16:31 [believe] these were Covenant Commands, Yes even in Jesus Ministry were they issued Matt 11:28-29

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

What is meant by Covenant commands is commands that are issued out to those whom it is said of, that once God has put His Spirit in them that it will cause them to walk in His statues and to keep His Judgments and Do them Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Notice the word walk in vs 27, its the word yalak

to go, walk, come

a) (Qal)

1) to go, walk, come, depart, proceed, move, go away

2) to die, live, manner of life (fig.)

b) (Hiphil) to lead, bring, lead away, carry, cause to walk

It causes them to come, so that is why Jesus says in Matt 11:28

Come unto me !

It causes them a new manner of life

Its actually what Paul writes of after one has been Created in Christ Jesus that they should Walk in good works as Per Eph 2:8-10

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

When Paul Preached the word of reconciliation and gave the imperative in Christ's stead 2 Cor 5:20

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Thats a Covenant command, and in fact this imperative is in the passive voice, meaning the subjects f the command are being experientially reconciled to God by being caused to come !

You see this is quite different from the antichrist followers telling us that God commands everyone without exception to repent and if they do they get saved, that is a bunch of devilish propaganda.

The commands go out in order to bring to manifestation those who partook of the Covenant Blessings of what Jesus Christ accomplished for His Church, His Israel of God, because it was promised that they should be caused to walk in God's Statues and to Keep His Judgments to do them !

beloved57

My words are spirit and they are life !

My words are spirit and they are life !

Jonh 6:63

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

When Jesus said that His words are Spirit and Life, it was for those that He spoke to, He did not mean it for all of mankind without exception that He spoke to during His Ministry, but to only those that His Father had given Him, and they received them Jn 17:8

For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

They were part of the the election of grace, Chosen in Him before the foundation of the world, and it was to them, when He spake, He spake to purpose, like Zacheus here Lk 19:5-10

And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house.

6 And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully.

7 And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner.

8 And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord: Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.

9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

For you see, Jesus was no mere mortal man speaking, but God Man, yes the very God of Heaven now manifested in the Flesh, who soon shall speak and all that are in the graves shall hear His voice in purpose !

The doctrines which Christ had then been delivering concerning himself, his flesh and blood, being spiritually understood, are the means of quickening souls. The Gospel, and the truths of it, which are the wholesome words of our Lord Jesus Christ, are the means of conveying the Spirit of God, as a spirit of illumination and sanctification, into the hearts of men, and of quickening sinners dead in trespasses and sins: the Gospel is the Spirit that giveth life, and is the savour of life unto life, when it comes not in word only, or in the bare ministry of it, but with the energy of the Holy Ghost, and the power of divine grace. By John Gill

beloved57

Receiving God's Words !

Receiving God's Words !

Jn 17:6-8

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

John also wrote this Jn 3:27

John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

Now receiving God's Words does not mean they are offered and someone received them, but they are received because they are given, its a spiritual communication to them as when Jesus said Jn 6:63

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

It was a Spiritual Conveyance of words to them ! This is to some, mainly to a seed as Per Isa 59:21

As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.

The Seed shall receive the Words, of which the disciples were proof of and representatives of ! The Seed shall be given to know that the words are from God, as like what Peter said here, speaking for the whole, save judas of course Jn 6:67-69

67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

So what we have in John 17:6 is a passive reception , its like unto Jesus parable of the one with the good ground, who receives the word sown onto it Matt 13:23

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

The receiving here is an passive reception because of the bestowed word, and not because it was received after having been offered, big difference, and one we would be wise to consider in this matter, the same principle applies for Rom 5:17

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ )

As to those who receive abundance of grace, for its communicated to them by the New Birth !

beloved57

But unto them that are without !

But unto them that are without !

Mk 4:11

And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

Them that are without ! What does this mean ? Without of what ?

They are without the Election of Grace Rom 11:5

Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

All of mankind without exception can be of the Election of Grace !

They are without the Seed of Christ Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

For all Spiritual and Gospel Promises are made sure to all the seed Rom 4:16

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

They are without the scope of Christ's redeeming Love and death Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Titus 2:14

Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

They are without the New Birth that Christ's Death Provides 1 Pet 1:3

They were strangers outside the Promises of the Covenant as the gentiles were under the OC Eph 2:12

That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

The word strangers here means:

without the knowledge of, without a share in

beloved57

Ye are complete in Him !

Ye are complete in Him !

Col 2:10

And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

This is speaking of God's Elect Col 3:12

12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

The Whole Election of Grace Rom 11:5 has always in the reckoning of God and in His Purpose in Christ Jesus Eph 3:11 been complete in Christ Jesus; For no more complete are they in Him after conversion as before it, after faith than before it !

That word complete in the greek is the word plēroō and it means:

of matters of duty: to perform, execute

2) of sayings, promises, prophecies, to bring to pass, ratify, accomplish

3) to fulfil, i.e. to cause God's will (as made known in the law) to be obeyed as it should be, and God's promises (given through the prophets) to receive fulfilment

Christ has fully obeyed God's Law as it should be, for all the Elect of God. The Elect of God are born sinners already having had Christ to do and accomplish this for them Before God's Law and Justice, they just until faith revealed it to them, did not know anything about it !

Also the word complete in the verse is in the Perfect Tense in the greek which is defined as:

The perfect tense in Greek corresponds to the perfect tense in English, and describes an action which is viewed as having been completed in the past, once and for all, not needing to be repeated.

And God views Each member of the Election of Grace as having completely fulfilled His Law in every detail in their lives, once and for all !