Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

beloved57

They go together !

They go together !

Faith and Salvation go together, both by the Grace of God. The Gift of God's Grace Rom 5:15

15But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

The Gift by Grace is "Salvation by Grace through Faith " Thats why Paul says believers believed by Grace Acts 18:27

27And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

Faith and Salvation must go together because Faith is the means by which God communicates to the one being saved the spiritual assurance and evidence that they stand Justified and have been made Right with Him based upon the work of Christ. The communication of this assurance and evidence results in Trust, Trust that things are as they have been communicated. Eph 1:13

13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Trusting was not and is not a condition one meets to get saved, but the result of having been made known that one is saved. Its reliance upon a Truth revealed !

Those that God saves by the Merits of Christ wants them to know it, and give Him thanks through Christ for it !

Col 3:17

And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him[Christ].

beloved57

In the LORD have I righteousness and strength !

In the LORD have I righteousness and strength !

Isa 45:24-25

24Surely, shall one say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.

25 In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

If it were not for the Righteousness of Christ imputed to my charge, I would have no Righteousness to recommend me to God, no not any. In the Lord Jesus Christ, shall all the seed of Israel be Justified or made Righteous or constituted Righteous [ Rom 5:19] it is only by the Righteousness of Christ imputed upon anyone, that he or she can be Justified 2 Cor 5:21

21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Christ was made sin , constituted as a sin offering, yes even a sinner [only by imputation], with the result, that we [believers] might be made the righteousness of God in Him.

So what Righteousness do we have if we are believers ? It is not a Righteousness of our own Phil 3:9a

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness
which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

A Revealed Righteousness ! Rom 1:17

But a Righteousness that has been credited to our account. A Righteousness that did not belong to us, but it belonged to Christ, we have just been made, or constituted or credited the Righteousness of God in Him !

beloved57

Repentance given to those Christ died for !

Repentance given to those Christ died for !

Lk 15:7

I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

I have showed that one of the benefits of Christ death for the sinners that He died for, [for He did not die for all without exception] that all those will be given repentance, that is He will bless them by turning them away from their iniquities Acts 3:26

Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

The same Truth is taught here Acts 5:31

31Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Israel here means His Elect, of both jew and gentile ! Because Christ did not die, was raised, and exalted just for ethnic jews !

So this giving of Repentance is the same as Turning one away from his or her iniquities.

Every time a sinner repents and forsakes sin, its a testimony to the power of the Cross, Christ Crucified.

And scripture says Joy shall be in Heaven over one sinner that repenteth. Whose Joy is this ?

I believe it is the Joy of the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, because every time a sinner repents its shows why He is Satisfied with His accomplishment of Calvary. Isa 53:11

11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

He shall see the Travail of His Soul ! When one repents because of the Travail of His Soul He is Satisfied.

The Travail means His grievous sufferings, His misery, enduring the wickedness of sinful men. But He did this for what ?

Heb 12:2

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

It was for the Joy that was set before Him ! What Joy ? This Joy

Lk 15:7,10

I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

10Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

All the Joy is not because what a sinner has done in and of himself, but what The Cross of Calvary has done to the Glory of God..

The Cross of Christ brings back all God's People 1 Pet 3:18

18For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

That was the Joy set before Him, to see the success of His death and sufferings for each sinner He died for..Isa 53:10

Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

beloved57

A Promise we can count on ! Jn 6:37

A Promise we can count on ! Jn 6:37

Jn 6:37

37All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

All who come to Christ in Faith, for that is what come to me means, were a gift given to Him from the Father. Now these do not refer to all mankind without exception, but they are separated by Sovereign Electing and Discriminate Purpose and Grace from Eternity. Its not of their selves, nor their freewill, but according to His own Purpose and Grace given to them before the world began ! 2 Tim 1:9

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

beloved57

All that the Father giveth Me !Jn 6:37

All that the Father giveth Me !Jn 6:37

What were those given to Christ by the Father given to Him for , what purpose ? It was to redeem them from sin. God determined before the world began to save a people from their sins Matt 1:21, for and by Jesus Christ; That being His Purpose, He decreed the sin of Adam, and they had been given to Christ so that He would be their Covenant Head.

Also all those that the Father gave to Christ have or will receive His words Jn 17:6,8

6I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

8For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

The only difference is that of time, the disciples then, and others will in the future, that is why Jesus added in His prayer, that He not only prayed that He not only prayed for His disciples there presently in His hearing [ except judas who was not present at that time to hear Jesus words] but for them also who shall yet believe through their word Jn 17:20

20Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

For all are One vs 21

21That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

So the disciples were in Union with others, who shall also receive Christ's words Jn 1:12 ; Col 2:6. Even people who were not yet physically born. In Jn 17:9 Jesus was not only speaking speaking of His disciples presently with Him, but for all His disciples in the future as well, remember Jesus said "other sheep I have which are not of this fold, them also I must bring and they also will hear my voice and consequently follow me Jn 10:16, this means simply they will receive His words through the disciples !

beloved57

Legal obedience a False Gospel !

Legal obedience a False Gospel !

Legal obedience is a False Gospel ! What is that ? It is when people make Faith and or Repentance conditions one must do before they become saved or before they gain Eternal Life. In Preaching Salvation by Grace there are no conditions or requirements men must meet, no terms of obedience on the creatures part whatsoever. It is a Sovereign and Gracious Bestowal of a Gift upon all the Heirs of Promise, Chosen Sinners, Abraham's Seed [Spiritual].

Now Salvation or Eternal Life is a Promise, an Eternal Inheritance to a certain People, called the Heirs of Promise ! Heb 6:17

Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:

The Promise for Heirs is Grace and Glory,its a promised inheritance, its a Eternal inheritance ! Heb 9:15

And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

The Promised Inheritance to the Heirs and their seed was not based upon their obedience or meeting any kind of conditions, but a pure promise by God. Gal 3:18

For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

The inheritance here which is Eternal Glory, was not a conditional Promise to Abraham, but a Promise of pure Grace. Abraham nor his seed, did not have to repent, be baptized in water, believe or anything for God to make the Promise.

Todays false Gospel makes Eternal Life, a conditional promise based upon what man must do, thus corrupting God's Promise of Eternal Life.

Titus 1:2

2In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

2 Tim 1:1

1Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Now for those who Preach that the inheritance is obtained by their legal gospel obedience, you do lie and preach a false Gospel !

Last edited:

beloved57

You believe God is a debtor to man then !

You believe God is a debtor to man then !

Rom 4:4

Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

Now I am familiar with the context of this scripture, contrasting work salvation with works and grace !

But its the word debt that I am interested in here. It is the greek word opheilēma and means:

that which is owed

a) that which is justly or legally due, a debt

2) metaph. offence, sin

Now who believes that God is unjust if He did not provide a chance for everyone without exception to be saved ? For those of you who answer in your mind and heart " Affirmative" that reveals that you believe that Salvation is a matter of debt, that God is a debtor to man in this matter of Salvation. If you believe that if God only Sovereignly chose some men to Salvation and whom He would give it to, and He chose to leave others to perdition with no hope, with no possible chance of ever receiving salvation, if so doing makes Him Unjust in your thinking, then you believe God is a debtor to man !
In essence you are saying that God does not have the right to do as He pleases with His Saving Grace and Mercy if He only reserves it for some men, and excludes others.

That is Pauls point in Rom 9. So again, if you believe that God would be unjust in so dealing with His Creatures, then it is obvious that in your proud heart you believe God is a debtor to man !

beloved57

Jesus Christ really saves sinners from their sins !

Jesus Christ really saves sinners from their sins !

1 Tim 1:15

15This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Matt 1:21

21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

These Two verses compliment one another and speak to the same Purpose, Christ coming to save, not coming to make saving possible, but actually coming to save sinners from their sins. No not all sinners, but all those sinners that are His People given to Him by the Father Jn 17:2 !

Now involved in this great work committed to Christ, to save sinners from their sins, this means He must save them from their unbelief, thats why believing in Him is a evidence of Him having saved one from their unbelief. Paul was saved from his unbelief, and afterwards his testimony was that Christ came to save sinners, observe 1 Tim 1:12-15

12And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

13Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

14And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

15This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Yes, his unbelief and ignorance had to be dealt with, and that is what Christ does when saving a soul from sin. He saves them from unbelief and ignorance.

Now the question is this, is unbelief a sin to be saved from ? Yes it is, no question about it, for it's the sin that got National Israel cut off as God's Covenant People Nationally. Listen to the scripture Rom 11:20

20Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

So who wants to challenge scripture that unbelief is a sin ? The word here for unbelief is the greek word apistia and means:

unfaithfulness, faithless

2) want of faith, unbelief

3) weakness of faith

Its the same word used in 1 Tim 1:13

Its also the same word used in Heb 3:12 for an evil heart of unbelief !

Christ came to save sinners from a evil heart of unbelief ! Did not Paul as Saul have and was compelled by an evil heart of unbelief as he persecuted Believers ?

If unbelief is not a sin that men need to be saved from, then why did God conclude all in unbelief [disobedience] that He should have mercy on all ? This plainly intimates that unbelief needs mercy, and it is according to His Mercy that He saves sinners Titus 3:5

5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

God saves sinners from their unbelief according to His Mercy. Is not that Paul's testimony ? 1 Tim 1:13,16

13Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

16Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Now in light of this Truth, what unlearned person would say unbelief is not a sin ? Its disobedience ! Now if it is a sin, and God through Christ saves His People from their sins, then quite naturally He saves them from or out of their unbelief, their disobedience, or else He did not save them from their sins..

beloved57

Calls sinners to Repentance !

Calls sinners to Repentance !

Lk 5:32

I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

1 Tim 1:15

Whats being said here is nothing different than what the Angel announced in Matt 1:21, though more clarity is now given as to the sinners He came to save and to call to repentance. The sinners He came to call and save were not all sinners without exception, but all those given Him of the Father Jn 17:2. Now lets look at the term they are called, Sinners, not just sinners to be called sinners, but sinners sensibly so, that is they are made to know and feel their sinfulness, remember the Publican and Pharisee ? Lk 18:9-13

9And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

You see that ? Now both were sinners, however only one of them was a sensible sinner ! Which one was it?

You see, this one who felt and was conscious of his sinfulness has been called to repentance by Christ !

beloved57

Calls sinners to Repentance ! cont

Calls sinners to Repentance ! cont

What made one man The Publican feel sensibly that he was a sinner, while the other was trusting in himself Lk 18:9 and that he was righteous ? The answer is the Law of God. God will smite all those He purposes to save from their sins with a Spiritual application of God's Law inwardly. One of the main purposes of God's Law being given, is so that His people would know [feelingly] sin, their inherent sinfulness before Him, that by nature they are guilty before Him Rom 3:19

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Become Guilty experientially ! The word here become is the greek word ginomai and means to be made guilty, or to be made to feel ones indebtedness to God's Law !

Paul said that he would not have known sin [experimentally] but by the Law that says, though shalt not covet Rom 7:7-8

7What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

This commandment " thou shalt not covet", this law was applied to paul spiritually, in all of it's spirituality [Rom 7:14] and by the Work of the Holy Spirit, who is the only One who uses the Law lawfully[1 Tim 1:8], for its God given purpose in serving the ends of the Salvation of God's Elect.

The Law or the commandment seized an opportunity by the Work of the Spirit to wrought in paul !

That word wrought means ,to perform, to achieve,to work out i.e. to do that from which something results

Notice it wrought in Him, that is, this was not a mere external work of the Spirit or of the law, just a bare command, but something performed in him inwardly. This is the Spirits work of convincing the world [of the elect] of sin Jn 16:8-9

8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9Of sin, because they believe not on me;

This work of the Spirit is needed because without it, Paul would not have known his sinfulness, he would have been just like that Pharisee in the parable Lk 18, who Trusted in himself that he was righteous !

We know this because of what Paul said of himself in Phil 3:3-6

It takes a Sovereign work of God the Holy Spirit in a person to bring such a person to feel their sinfulness before God. That Pharisee in Lk 18 only had one hope of being saved, and that would be a work of God showing him his sinfulness ! You see self righteousness is a sin we all are by nature, and nothing short of the Regenerating Grace of the Holy Spirit can convince us of this sin and results in believing on Christ ! Jn 16:9

9Of sin, because they believe not on me;

You see, a self righteous person sees no need of a Saviour from sin.

So all God's Elect according to the Saving Purpose of God will be made experimentally sinners, those Christ came to save !

beloved57

Calls sinners to Repentance ! cont 3

Calls sinners to Repentance ! cont 3

So all God's Elect according to the Saving Purpose of God will be made experimentally sinners, those Christ came to save !

Before this Sovereign work of the Spirit, Paul would not have considered himself a sinner against the tenth commandment of God's Law, lets read Phil 3:4-6

4Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

5Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

6Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

You see , this was Paul's thinking before how he thought when he wrote this in Rom 7:7-9

7What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
8But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

Paul in his preconverted days as in Phil 3:4-6 points out, he would not have considered himself a covetous man, in violation of God's Tenth Commandment Ex 20:17

17Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ***, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Now, if he was guilty in one point, he was guilty of all says James 2:10

For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point[covet], he is guilty of all.

Paul, though he did not realize it when he was performing that which he refers to in Phil 3:4-6, he was an idolater, look here Col 3:5

5Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

You see that ? Paul would have fought you tooth and nail if any would have labeled him an Idolater when he was a sincere faithful pharisee of the jews religion !.

Man does not realize by nature his Idolatry in that way, for it's something that must be taught us by a Sovereign Work of the Holy Spirit and the Law of God.

Remember, Jesus said, " I came not to call the righteous [insensible sinners] but sinners [sensible sinners by way of the Spirit and an application of God's Law] to repentance. Thats why Jesus said here Matt 11:28

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

These are they who have been by the Sovereign Spirit been smitten by the Law, and they are burdened with a sense if their sinfulness before God, as the Publican Lk 18:13

13And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

You know what ? The publican did not realize it, but God had been already merciful to him , because he realized he was a sinner.

beloved57

The Transformation is coming !

The Transformation is coming !

Phil 3:20-21

20For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

21Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

The Transformation of our bodies, the elect of God, is an effect of Christ's Redeeming work of the Cross, and its destruction of death and the effects of sin. Now get this, the freewillers or arminians who think they are believers and will experience this transformation, they do not contribute the hope to Christ's Work alone that He accomplished for His People, but to their wise and freewill choice. They supposedly allowed this to occur or will occur to them by their freewill choice and belief, and others who will not experience it, it is because they did not allow it by not accepting Jesus Christ as their Saviour when they had the chance and opportunity as they did.

You see, the Change or Transformation of the body of the redeemed into the likeness of the Lord's body of Glory is the final manifested triumph of His redemptive work over the power of death, which as a penalty of sin, came upon man's being, for the last enemy to be destroyed or subdued is death [physical], and the last victory won by the redeeming Lord of Glory, is the power of death in these vile bodies of His People, His Body the Church, by their Glorious Change into the likeness of His Body. This was David's hope also a OT Saint or Believer Ps 17:15

15As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness. He is referring to the Lord Jesus Christ here Ps 110:1

Now the freewillers boast is that none of this victory over death for a person is possible to experience except by man's freewill accepting it, which is utter blasphemy and arrogance, and self exaltation..

beloved57

The Perfect Law of Liberty !

The Perfect Law of Liberty !

James 1:25

25But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

What is this Perfect Law of Liberty that James is speaking of ? You know many believe that James taught salvation by works or by keeping the Law, but that is no where near the Truth, and I know that those who teach that he does, they are under God's Judgment and will not be able to repent. However this Law is a Law of Righteousness, Redemption and forgiveness, made known through the Gospel !

It is when the Law has been utilized by the Holy Spirit to do with it it's God given purpose, that is to lead the elect of God into a knowledge of sin, and give them Faith in Christ, who fulfilled the Law's demands in their behalf, as their Surety. It is not until we realize this, do we obey the Law from a correct motive of Gospel principles. That means those Christ died for have no obligation to law obedience in order make themselves acceptable to God. That is what Looking into the Law of Liberty means. Remember what Paul wrote Gal 5:1

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

The words here stand fast give the same connotation as the words in James 1:25

25But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

So James is basically saying the same thing Paul is saying in Gal 5:1, remember your Gospel Liberty !

beloved57

Created unto Good Works !

Eph 2:10

10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

The word works here is the greek word ergon and means:

business, employment, that which any one is occupied

a) that which one undertakes to do, enterprise, undertaking

2) any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

3) an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasised in opp. to that which is less than work

The noun is preceded by the adjective good as in good works, and that word is agathos and means:

of good constitution or nature

2) useful, salutary

3) good, pleasant, agreeable, joyful, happy

4) excellent, distinguished

5) upright, honourable

This word is also translated well as in well doing as here Rom 2:7

7To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Eph 2:10 good works is the same as Rom 2:7 well doing !

Believers had been created in Christ Jesus unto well doing, well doing that God hath before ordained that they should walk in them or by them !

I am going to share a couple of items that constitute the good works that believers had been ordained to walk in .

The First Good work that a New Creation does it believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Believing is a work, something that man does. Anything man does, and particularly when He does what God commands, then he does a work, a deed, a performance, he does a good deed. James 1:25

But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty[The Gospel], and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed

John writes 1 Jn 3:23

23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Believing on the name of the Son of God is commanded by God, who will deny this in light of this verse ?

Believing on Christ is the work of the intellect or the mind or the Heart. Paul writes that man believes with the Heart Rom 10:10

10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Believing here is a well doing of the heart, a good deed or act !

When the Philippian Jailor asked " What must I do to be saved "

Acts 16:30

30And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

The word do here is the greek word poieō which means this:

to act rightly, do well

to perform: to a promise

The word do is a verb and so denotes action !

And Paul answered with an imperative " Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and though shalt be saved"

The word believe here in the greek is an imperative, a command to do something, so its a work, an effort or performance of ones mind. God does not believe for one, that is something man must do.

Again, believing is an action, a command is a duty, all this denotes a work, a good work !

beloved57

We have been showing from scripture that Believing on Christ is a good work that those whom have been created in Christ, were created in order to perform. The good work of believing on Christ is one of many. It is a work or performance or action of the Mind or Heart, one of the very first things to do when given a New Heart and New Spirit Ezk 36:26-27

26A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

The word do here is `asah and is translated perform 18 times in the OT as into perform God's commandments as here Deut 4:13

13And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

Now, John in the NT writes that God has commandeth us to believe on the Name of His Son 1 Jn 3:23

23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

But guess what else that word means other than perform? It means to work or in the context of work as here Gen 2:2

2And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

Ex 5:9

9Let there more work be laid upon the men, that they may labour therein; and let them not regard vain words.

Ex 31:5

5And in cutting of stones, to set them, and in carving of timber, to work in all manner of workmanship.

This establishes the fact that to believe, a command is classified as a work !

The Phillipian Jailor's question, what must I do to be saved, denotes a work" What must I DO "

Paul's response was a command "to believe" that denotes a work, a performance.

So actions performed by the Heart or the Mind or the Soul, are works.

So if someone says that they are saved from the penalty of sin and given Eternal Life, Because they believed, obeyed a commandment of God, as to Believe the Gospel or to believe on Christ, then that person is saying whether they agree with me or not here, whether they realize it or not, they are saying that they are because of a good work they performed, albeit it was with the mind or the heart. Once that happens, that person rejects Salvation by Grace through Faith , and if they continue therein with that thinking, then they are under the curse of the Law, because Salvation is by Grace, and not by ones good works Eph 2:8-9

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Gal 3:10

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

As Long as we believe that we are saved by our doing, our faith, our repentance, or anything God commands, then that's the Principle of Law and Works !

beloved57

Not only was Believing on Christ a good work that God commanded to be done after He creates us New, but another work is confession.

Matt 3:6

And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.

Thats a work because its an action being done by the subjects. They are confessing their sins. Now I am not talking about a Physical work, but a Mind work, a performance of the mind.

We must not loose site of the definition of the word work used in scripture. It is the greek word:ergon:

business, employment, that which any one is occupied

a) that which one undertakes to do, enterprise, undertaking

2) any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

3) an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasised in opp. to that which is less than work

The word mind means:

substance, or process that reasons, thinks, feels, wills, perceives, judges, etc.: the processes of the human mind.

2.Psychology. the totality of conscious and unconscious mental processes and activities.

3.intellect or understanding, as distinguished from the faculties of feeling and willing; intelligence.

Next, Calling upon the Name of the Lord is a good work ! Its a performance.

The same for Repentance, thats a good work. The term in scripture repent is many times associated with the word works.

Acts 26:20

But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

Rev 2:5

Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Matt 3:8;Lk 3:8

Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance

The word fruits here is the greek word karpos:
work, act, deed

Repentance is a good work, a good deed. And God created His People anew unto these good works.

Now be advised, if one believes and teaches that they are saved from sin because they performed the act of Believing, or confessing, or repenting, then you are claiming salvation by your good works, your good deeds.

The Bible condemns that teaching and way of thinking. Salvation is by Grace through Faith, not of works Eph 2:8-9

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Titus 3:5

5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Not because of works of righteousness which we have done, like Believing, Repentance, our confessing, paul denies those things saves, but by God's mercy !

Last edited:

beloved57

He taketh away the sin of the World !

He taketh away the sin of the World !

John 1:29

29The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Yes, there is a world that the Son of God, The Lamb of God has done away with all of it's sin ! ALL OF IT ! All of it's unbelief, Idolatry, Coveteousness, Pride and so on. There will be nothing against this world John here is referring to Jer 50:20

In those days, and in that time, saith the LORD, the iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, and there shall be none; and the sins of Judah, and they shall not be found: for I will pardon them whom I reserve.

The world John means is the same One God so Loved Jn 3:16, it is the One Paul writes this of 2 Cor 5:19

19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

God did not count this world's sins against them. Thats what " not imputing their trespasses unto them" means !

This is the World that Jesus gives [not offer] Life to Jn 6:33

33For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life [Spiritual] unto the world.

This is to the whole world of His Sheep, comprised of both jews and gentiles, His Israel of God.

That word giveth means to give what is due, what is obligatory, like a reward. Yes, the Life that Christ gives this World in Jn 6:33 is due them, not because of anything that it has done or deserved, but because of His Giving His Life for it. Jn 6:51

I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

By Him so doing, He took away this Worlds sin issue Jn 1:29, and so, since no sin issues are against it, It demands that it be given Life. And Christ gives it Life. He saved this World from it's sins. Its the world of God's Elect, His Israel , His Church, His Sheep !

Its not every single individual in the world without exception, because Jesus plainly says that some individuals will not see Life Jn 3:36

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

So, these individuals are not part of that world in Jn 6:33

33For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

And of that world in Jn 1:29 !

beloved57

The Lord's Portion is His People !

The Lord's Portion is His People !

Deut 32:9

9For the LORD's portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

The word portion here means inheritance, which is Jacob His Chosen. Ps 135:4

For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure.

Now God's Inheritance and Chosen in the NT is The Church Eph 1:4,18

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Now are these Two different People's as God's Inheritance or His Portion ? Are these Two different Chosen ? God forbid, they are One and the Same. The Chosen Jacob of the OT is the Chosen in Christ of the NT, which also is the Church, they that belong to Christ; and those who belong to Christ whether Jew or Gentile are Abraham's Seed Gal 3:29

29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

So fact is, that same Chosen Jacob which is God's Inheritance in the OT is the Same Group that is God's Chosen Inheritance in the NT, those Chosen in Christ Eph 1:4,18 which are the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:29 !

Last edited:

beloved57

The 144000

The 144000

Rev 14:1

1And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

No doubt this 144,000 is the same as that in Rev 7:1-4

1And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

2And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,

3Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

4And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Now if this 144000 is not the Church in symbolic language, then there is another group closer and nearer to Him, the Lamb, the Bridegroom than His Bride and Wife the Church whom is One with Him, Bone of His Bone and Flesh of His Flesh. Rev 19:7-8

7Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Eph 5:29-33

29For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

33Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

You see because this 144000 in Rev 14:4 is said to

4These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

Now thats very close to follow the Lamb withersover he goeth ! What about the Lamb's wife of Rev 19:7 Why doesn't She follow her Husband whithersover He goeth ?

The reason is , Thats who the Wife of the Lamb is, the 144000, that were virgins !

beloved57

The Gift of God is Eternal Life !

The Gift of God is Eternal Life !

Rom 6:23

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The word gift here is the greek word charisma:

1) a favour with which one receives without any merit of his own

2) the gift of divine grace

3) the gift of faith, knowledge, holiness, virtue

4) the economy of divine grace, by which the pardon of sin and eternal salvation is appointed to sinners in consideration of the merits of Christ laid hold of by faith

5) grace or gifts denoting extraordinary powers, distinguishing certain Christians and enabling them to serve the church of Christ, the reception of which is due to the power of divine grace operating on their souls by the Holy Spirit

The word is translated Twice as Free Gift Rom 5:15-16

Its important to see here that the word offer is not included in the definition ! Of the other 15 times the word is used in the NT it never means a offer ! Its almost always means something freely given !

Now Adam gave God's People Death, but Christ gave God's People Eternal Life, as a Gift ! Jesus said that He giveth Life unto the world Jn 6:33

For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life[Spiritual] unto the world !

God giving Eternal Life through Jesus Christ is just as real and certain as receiving death through Adam ! Now was death merely offered to men or made available to them, depending on whether they will except it with their so called freewill ? No it was not, and neither is Eternal Life, a gift to those who will accept it by their freewill as false teachers claim, but it comes to them through Jesus Christ. Those who teach that Eternal Life is a Offer and can be accepted or rejected, they are liars and the Truth is not in them, men no more have to accept Eternal Life as an offer than they had to accept death as the wages of sin as an offer. For the wages of sin God gave death, and for the wages of Christ's death He gives Eternal Life. When God gave His Son, He gave the world He Loved Life Jn 6:33. Many will say, but you must believe to be saved, and that is so True, however you must have Life {Jn 6:33] to believe ! Living [Spiritually] precedes believing Jn 11:26

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

The only ones who believe are the one's having or possessing Eternal Life Jn 5:24

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

How can one dead in sin be hearing God's word. Jesus says that he that is of God heareth God's words Jn 8:47

He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

He that is of God means they possess Eternal Life, by being born of God the Spirit !