The Myth of saying that God Loved all men in the world without exception !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

So Loved in Jn 3:16 !

So Loved in Jn 3:16 !

Those so Loved in Jn 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

A World of sinners Rom 5:8

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Yet they could not be any outside of His Eternal Love in and through Christ Jesus their Mediator and His Son Rom 8:39

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

In the original it reads:

οὔτε ὕψωμα οὔτε βάθος οὔτε τις κτίσις ἑτέρα δυνήσεται ἡμᾶς χωρίσαι ἀπὸ τῆς ἀγάπης τοῦ θεοῦ τῆς ἐν Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ τῷ κυρίῳ ἡμῶν

Emphasis on the greek definite article describing the Love of God, denoting God's One and Only being that which is through the Mediation of Christ.

For an Holy God could not have Loved sinners just for the sake of them being evil sinners in themselves, for in such a case they are unholy rejected reprobates, and objects of His hatered, hence Rom 9:13

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

And of course Ps 5:5

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

These are sinners outside of Christ Jesus the Mediator where Gods Love centers Rom 8:37, sinners that Jesus never knew Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Now understand, in order to have been objects of God's Love in Christ Jesus, in some real sense we had to be united to Him, which comes from being Chosen in Him in Love Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

The same so loved of Jn 3:16 !

Now sinners outside of Christ, those He will say to " I never knew you" Matt 7:23, therefore God could not have Loved, but did hate as esau and the workers of iniquity, God hated them from before the foundation, even from everlasting, just as He Loved the Elect, He chose in Christ, from before the foundation, and from everlasting Jn 17:23-24 ; Jer 31:3

And unto them the hated, He had predetermined not to have mercy on them [salvation mercy] in reference to Eternal Life Jude 1:21

21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Hence they never had part of being of those whhich are called Vessels of Mercy Rom 9:23

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

And this by Eternal Divine predetermination to be exempt from His Love and Mercy found only in Election in Christ !

beloved57

Those God Loves He heals their backsliding ways !

Those God Loves He heals their backsliding ways !

Hos 14:4

4 I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.

This is a benefit bestowed upon those God so Loves freely like Jn 3:16, That He heals their backsliding. Now the word backsliding is the hebrew word mĕshuwbah and means:

I.turning away, turning back, apostasy, backsliding. Its also rendered faithlessness

Jer 3:22

"Return, O faithless sons, I will heal your faithlessness." "Behold, we come to You; For You are the LORD our God. NAS

Apostacy is related to turning from the Faith, a departure as here 1 Tim 4:1

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

That word depart means:

C.to fall away, become faithless

Now God, unto them He Loves Freely hath promised to heal their backsliding and or faithlessness !

The word heal Hos 14:4

I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.

Its the same word found here Isa 53:5

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Which we know Peter applies to the Cross of Christ 1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Healed from what ? From our backsliding and departure from God, from our faithlessness ! Now this healing is attributed to the Death of Christ, His stripes ! Hos 14:4 is looking to the days of Christ, and His finished work for God's Elect People.

This is a Promise Blessing upon all whom God so freely Loved in Christ. Now are all men without exception healed of faithlessness, and backsliding ? The answer is an obvious No ! The backsliding of the Elect of God began in Adam, their Natural Head Created in the Image and Likeness of God Gen 1:26 !

Nanja

Hos 14:4

4 I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.

This is a benefit bestowed upon those God so Loves freely like Jn 3:16, That He heals their backsliding. Now the word backsliding is the hebrew word mĕshuwbah and means:

I.turning away, turning back, apostasy, backsliding. Its also rendered faithlessness

Jer 3:22

"Return, O faithless sons, I will heal your faithlessness." "Behold, we come to You; For You are the LORD our God. NAS

Apostacy is related to turning from the Faith, a departure as here 1 Tim 4:1

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

That word depart means:

C.to fall away, become faithless

Now God, unto them He Loves Freely hath promised to heal their backsliding and or faithlessness !

The word heal Hos 14:4

I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.

Its the same word found here Isa 53:5

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Which we know Peter applies to the Cross of Christ 1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Healed from what ? From our backsliding and departure from God, from our faithlessness ! Now this healing is attributed to the Death of Christ, His stripes ! Hos 14:4 is looking to the days of Christ, and His finished work for God's Elect People.

This is a Promise Blessing upon all whom God so freely Loved in Christ. Now are all men without exception healed of faithlessness, and backsliding ? The answer is an obvious No ! The backsliding of the Elect of God began in Adam, their Natural Head Created in the Image and Likeness of God Gen 1:26 !

This Promise Blessing can be for no others than the ones that make up the "world"
that God so Loved John 3:16 and reconciled to Himself 2 Cor. 5:19, and that Christ
gave His Life for
: His Church Eph. 5:25, chosen in Him before the foundation Eph. 1:4; 2 Tim. 1:9.
So, it could never apply to all mankind, but only a residue / remnant of them;
all the Election of Grace Rom. 11:5. For God's Saving Grace He reserved for them only!

~~~~~

beloved57

This Promise Blessing can be for no others than the ones that make up the "world"
that God so Loved John 3:16 and reconciled to Himself 2 Cor. 5:19, and that Christ
gave His Life for
: His Church Eph. 5:25, chosen in Him before the foundation Eph. 1:4; 2 Tim. 1:9.
So, it could never apply to all mankind, but only a residue / remnant of them;
all the Election of Grace Rom. 11:5. For God's Saving Grace He reserved for them only!

~~~~~

Bless You Young Lady !

beloved57

Those God Loves He heals their backsliding ways ! 2

Those God Loves He heals their backsliding ways ! 2

Hosea 14:4

Now Listen, all whom God so Loved freely, and Gave His Son for Jn 3:16, by His giving Him, and the satisfaction that His Life and death provided to His Law and Justice for them, satisfying God's Justice for every sin they committed or will commit, hence God's anger is turned away from them, He has for them been propitiated 1 Jn 2:2 ; 4:10

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

That forms the basis and principle for which God heals their backsliding, and such healing gives them Faith and steadfastness, for that is the opposite of backsliding !

So its impossible for One God Loves to remain faithless, Christ has for them turned away all of God's anger and wrath from them, He has appeased Him for them, now Justice demands the healing to take place ! If healing does not take place, there is a miscarriage of Justice on God's Part as it pertains to Christ having already satisfied His Justice for their sins, nothing now blocks the flood gate of Spiritual Blessings being bestowed upon them Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Yes those spiritual blessings heals our backslidings !

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How can you say that God does not love all men if he sent his son to be a propitiation for their sin while they were still sinners.

Nanja

How can you say that God does not love all men if he sent his son to be a propitiation for their sin while they were still sinners.

God does not love these: Psalm 5:5 KJV
Christ loved, and gave His Life for these: Eph. 5:25; John 10:11,15

~~~~~

Ben Masada

He didn't. God would not operate against his own prophets. God was the one Who inspired Jeremiah and Ezekiel to write that no one can die for the sins of another. (Jer. 31:30; Ezek. 18:20)

oatmeal

oatmeal:

To His own..

I John 2:2

Jesus Christ was the propitiation for the sins of the whole world

John 3:16

God so loved, just the believers? NO, God so loved the world....

It is difficult, if not impossible for the carnal Christian to apprehend such depth and magnaminuous love

Yet the spiritually minded can comprehend the love of Christ. Ephesians 3:17-19

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He didn't. God would not operate against his own prophets. God was the one Who inspired Jeremiah and Ezekiel to write that no one can die for the sins of another. (Jer. 31:30; Ezek. 18:20)

Romans 5:8 King James Version (KJV)

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

beloved57

I John 2:2

Jesus Christ was the propitiation for the sins of the whole world

God so loved, just the believers? NO, God so loved the world....

It is difficult, if not impossible for the carnal Christian to apprehend such depth and magnaminuous love

Yet the spiritually minded can comprehend the love of Christ. Ephesians 3:17-19

The whole World of Israel, Salvation is promised to only People Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Israel is God's Elect World, you look for Salvation outside of that Promise, you are on sinking sand ! Matt 1:21 !

beloved57

The So Loved World are the Elect !

The So Loved World are the Elect !

God's Love in Jn 3:16 is consisten with His Love in the purpose of Election, for this purpose is revealed in Rom 9:11-13

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

This Illustrates that within the Purpose of Election, God does not Love all mankind without exception, but only a special portion of it !

Now this revelation of God's Love to the natural man is that it makes God seem unrighteous, or unfair, unjust, so Paul anticipating that thought says in Rom 9:14

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

14 What shall we conclude then? Is there injustice upon God’s part? Certainly not!AMP

14 So what are we going to say? Isn’t this unfair on God’s part? Absolutely not! CEB

14 So are we to say, “It is unjust for God to do this”? Heaven forbid!

Thats the natural mans respond to the Biblical Truth of Gods Love, that it is indeed discriminatory, and it is not based upon physical descent, hence the distinction between Two of Isaac's physical sons, both from the same Mother Rebekah !

Only Jacob has God Loved, as demonstrated in expounding on God's Purpose of Election Rom 9:11

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

Also, God has set His Love upon His Chosen here Deut 7:6-8

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

8 But because the Lord loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the Lord brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

This Love of God for His Chosen here is grounded in His Purpose of Election, which is in Christ before the foundation, In Love Eph 1:4-5

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

See, most people are deceived into thinking that the Chosen in Deut 7:6-8 are the physical seed of Abraham, national Israel, but sorry its not, only a remnant of them was Loved and Chosen, Pauls point here Rom 11:7

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

The rest of physical and national israel was blinded because it had no part in God's Election, only the Election did , which obviously was different from the rest of the nation !

And those God so Loved [ Jn 3:16], His Chosen [Eph 1:4], He so Loved them from Everlasting, and with Lovingkindness He draws them Jer 31:3

3 The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

And the result of His Lovingkindness drawing them, they shall put their Trust in Him as per Ps 36:7

7 How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.

Dr Gill comments on this verse :

How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God,.... Which has appeared to men and not angels, to some and not others; to the chief of sinners, who are by nature children of wrath as others; in choosing, redeeming, and calling them, taking them into his family, and making them heirs of eternal glory; and all this of his sovereign good will and pleasure, there being nothing in them that could move him to it; which lovingkindness was in his heart from everlasting, and will never change in him, nor depart from them; and hence it must be most excellent and precious:

therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings; not all men; for all have not faith, only some, to whom it is given to believe, and who know the Lord and his lovingkindness; by which they are induced and encouraged to trust in him, to betake themselves to him for mercy and protection, which they find in him: the allusion is either to the hen that gathers her chickens under her wings, and protects them in time of danger, and so it expresses both the paternal affection of God to his people, and the protection of them; or else to the wings of the cherubim over the mercy seat, between which the Lord sat and communed with his people, and showed mercy and favour to them, which encouraged them to trust in him.

Thats why its ensured that some amongst mankind shall Trust in Him Rom 15:12

12 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

Heb 2:13

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

The Children here are therefore the Children of men here Ps 36:7

7 How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.

Thats the World of Jn 3:16, those who Believe on or Trust in Christ !

beloved57

Jn 3:16 world had a Union with Christ !

Jn 3:16 world had a Union with Christ !

Jn 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

God has only one Love, which is call the Love of God in Christ Jesus Rom 8:39

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

In the greek the word Love has the definite article before it, marking it off as the peculiar Love of God:

οὔτε ὕψωμα οὔτε βάθος οὔτε τις κτίσις ἑτέρα δυνήσεται ἡμᾶς χωρίσαι ἀπὸ τῆς ἀγάπης τοῦ θεοῦ τῆς ἐν Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ τῷ κυρίῳ ἡμῶν

That Love is en Christ Jesus ! The prep en :

A primary preposition denoting (fixed) position (in place, time or state), and (by implication) instrumentality (medially or constructively), i.e. a relation of rest (intermediate between

This denotes Union with, or Union with Christ ! Its no escaping the conclusion when scripture is compared with scripture, that the World So Loved in Jn 3:16 had to be a World in Union with Jesus Christ since we learn that God's Love in Christ Jesus is exclusive, in that it is termed " The Love of God in Christ Jesus Our Lord"

That world therefore would be the World of His Chosein in Christ the Beloved Eph 1:4

Thats the Love of God in Christ !

Thats the World of Jn 3:16 !

beloved57

The Loved experience a time of Love from God !

The Loved experience a time of Love from God !

We know that God did not so love all men without exception, because He did not quicken all men without exception out of being spiritually dead in trespasses and sins as He does for them He so Loved in Christ, observe Eph 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

What was being dead in sins ? Its that which Paul describes in Vs 2-3 :

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Its that walk and behaviour that constitutes man by nature dead in sins, and those God so Loved Jn 3:16 are quickened out of that !

Yes they are quickened out of that which includes unbelief, disobedience, and enmity of mind as in Col 1:21

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

But those men and women He so Loved Jn 3:16 He quickened them together with Christ Eph 2:4-5; this was also seen from OT scripture here Ezk 16:6-8

6 And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.

7 I have caused thee to multiply as the bud of the field, and thou hast increased and waxen great, and thou art come to excellent ornaments: thy breasts are fashioned, and thine hair is grown, whereas thou wast naked and bare.

8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord God, and thou becamest mine.

This is describing Eph 2:2-5, and all whom God so Loved has a time of Love, that is when God applies His Love to those He Loves when He sees and saves them out of their miserable condition they are in by nature !

All for whom He so Loved Jn 3:16 are by Him saved from a Spiritually dead state, and that solely by quickening Grace out of His Spirit, it had nothing to do with them repenting, believing, obeying, willing, but because of His Great Love wherewith He Loved them, He saw them dead in sin, and said with His Sovereign Voice of the Spirit :

6 And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.

And that was :

8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love;

Nanja

We know that God did not so love all men without exception, because He did not quicken all men without exception out of being spiritually dead in trespasses and sins as He does for them He so Loved in Christ, observe Eph 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

What was being dead in sins ? Its that which Paul describes in Vs 2-3 :

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Its that walk and behaviour that constitutes man by nature dead in sins, and those God so Loved Jn 3:16 are quickened out of that !

Yes they are quickened out of that which includes unbelief, disobedience, and enmity of mind as in Col 1:21

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

But those men and women He so Loved Jn 3:16 He quickened them together with Christ Eph 2:4-5; this was also seen from OT scripture here Ezk 16:6-8

7 I have caused thee to multiply as the bud of the field, and thou hast increased and waxen great, and thou art come to excellent ornaments: thy breasts are fashioned, and thine hair is grown, whereas thou wast naked and bare.

8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord God, and thou becamest mine.

This is describing Eph 2:2-5, and all whom God so Loved has a time of Love, that is when God applies His Love to those He Loves when He sees and saves them out of their miserable condition they are in by nature !

All for whom He so Loved Jn 3:16 are by Him saved from a Spiritually dead state, and that solely by quickening Grace out of His Spirit, it had nothing to do with them repenting, believing, obeying, willing, but because of His Great Love wherewith He Loved them, He saw them dead in sin, and said with His Sovereign Voice of the Spirit :

And that was :

8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love;

Amen!

No greater love story than the Gospel of Jesus Christ
and His great Love wherewith He So Loved His Church!

~~~~~

oatmeal

oatmeal:

To His own..

The sins of the whole world, not just those who choose to accept that gift. I John 2:2

Evidently, comprehending the extent of God's love is out of reach of some at this time.

We share the gospel to any and all. What they choose to do with it, is entirely up to them

beloved57

oatm

The sins of the whole world, not just those who choose to accept that gift. I John 2:2

You quoted from a post of mine in making this comment, show us which post it was. Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.