The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

beloved57

Excellent explanation of this commonly misunderstood verse.

All of Christ's People Eph. 1:4-5, the same all He was lifted up for,
will be drawn to Him by the Inward Power of the Spirit in them,
given in the New Birth 1 John 4:13.

~~~~~

Amen, and stay tuned for part 2 !

beloved57

All men drawn by virtue of Christ's Death ! 2

All men drawn by virtue of Christ's Death ! 2

For its the Day of Christ's Power Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

Thats what Christ is speaking of in Jn 12:32 , that all His People He died for Matt 1:21 shall be attracted to Him in the Day of His Power !

Now the word all has been a stumblingblock to many in false religion, they force it to mean " every individual without exception ", yet that is a lie. The word all is the greek word pas, which means more often than not, all of the whole, or all of every kind; It means all in the sense 0f each [every] part that applies; The emphais of the total picture then is on one piece at a time, all the parts that constitute the whole, that is to view the whole in terms of invidual parts.

Now for instance, He will draw all of His Sheep to Himself until they all constitute His One whole Sheepfold ! Jn 10:3-4,16

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name[singular one by one], and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one [whole sheepfold], and one shepherd.

Now we know all men without exception are not Christs Sheep or of His Sheepfold Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Nanja

For its the Day of Christ's Power Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

Thats what Christ is speaking of in Jn 12:32 , that all His People He died for Matt 1:21 shall be attracted to Him in the Day of His Power !

Now the word all has been a stumblingblock to many in false religion, they force it to mean " every individual without exception ", yet that is a lie. The word all is the greek word pas, which means more often than not, all of the whole, or all of every kind; It means all in the sense 0f each [every] part that applies; The emphais of the total picture then is on one piece at a time, all the parts that constitute the whole, that is to view the whole in terms of invidual parts.

Now for instance, He will draw all of His Sheep to Himself until they all constitute His One whole Sheepfold ! Jn 10:3-4,16

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name[singular one by one], and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one [whole sheepfold], and one shepherd.

Now we know all men without exception are not Christs Sheep or of His Sheepfold Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Amen, His Sheep are the "all men" Christ was lifted up for in John 12:32.

Mat. 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

These lost sheep are God's chosen Elect Eph. 1:4-5; 1 Pet.1:2:

Is. 45:4, 17 For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name:
I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me. (v.17) But Israel shall be saved in the LORD
with an everlasting salvation
: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Ps. 135:4 For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure.

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen, His Sheep are the "all men" Christ was lifted up for in John 12:32.

Mat. 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

These lost sheep are God's chosen Elect Eph. 1:4-5; 1 Pet.1:2:

Is. 45:4, 17 For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name:
I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me. (v.17) But Israel shall be saved in the LORD
with an everlasting salvation
: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Ps. 135:4 For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure.

~~~~~

There you go ! God has blessed your understanding!

beloved57

All men drawn by virtue of Christ's Death ! 3

All men drawn by virtue of Christ's Death ! 3

Yet another example of the word all being used to denote men individually in order to constitute an whole, that being the Children of God scattered abroad Jn 11:51-52

51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Some Translations use the word all as here Jn 11:52

52 Yet Jesus would not die just for the Jewish nation. He would die to bring together all of God’s scattered people. CEV

52 and not only for them, but also to bring together into one body all the scattered people of God.

52 and for God’s scattered children. This would bring them all together and make them one.ICB

Notice how His Death/Dying was to gather together in One whole, this is All the Children of God are to gathered together or we can say drawn to Him.

Now whats interesting is the words gather together here have the same meaning as draw does in Jn 12:32, its the word sunago and is used to draw in fish, to draw together, to collect Matt 13:47

47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind: or all of every kind !

Also just as the word draw helko means to lead, impel, the same can be said for the word gather together sunago which means to lead together, made up of the verb ago which means :

I lead, I bring, drive, to impel, of power and influence affecting the mind like Lk 4:1; Rom 8:14; And so Jesus was saying that as a result of His Death, all His Sheep, or all the children of God, He will by spiritual power win over to Myself the hearts of them all.

Now how many religionist who often quote Jn 12:32 really believe and understand the Truth of it, that as a result of His Death, all His Sheep will be spiritually influenced to follow Him, to be persuaded to do so !

beloved57

All men drawn by virtue of Christ's Death ! 4

All men drawn by virtue of Christ's Death ! 4

Now the underlying reason for those all Sheep, or Children of God to be drawn to Christ, it is because they have been predestinated to the adoption of Children by Jesus Christ to Himself Eph 1:5

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Jn 11:52

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

beloved57

By His stripes we were healed !

By His stripes we were healed !

1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Listen, by His [meaning his death] we were healed ! If there is any scripture that is an Testimony of the Saving effects of the Death of Christ alone, its this one above !

The word healed iaomai means:

I.to cure, heal

II.to make whole

A.to free from errors and sins, to bring about (one's) salvation

So the word is also synonymous with saved, thats why its stated to mean "to bring about or effects one's salvation"

Jer 17:14

Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.

Now we derive from our text that the healing that took place by His stripes, it effected " our death to sin "

Thats why Peter could say " we being dead to sin "

This includes the fact that sin cannot never be imputed or charged to anyone Christ died for !

They are dead to any condemnation of sin against them !

They are dead to its power as it cannot reign in them !

It[His Death] not only made us dead to sin, but also effected our" living unto righteousness"

In other words, the healing results of Christ's death or stripes is #1 We become dead to sin and #2 Live unto righteousness, which is but another way of saying to live by Faith, or the Righteousness of Faith Rom 1:17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Rom 4:11,13

11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Rom 9:30

30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

Phil 3:9

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Heb 11:7

7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

We Live unto Righteousness when we are living by Faith, believing that Christ before God, is Our Righteousness 1 Cor 1:30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

This Righteousness is then revealed to us by the Gospel in order to Live by Faith Rom 1:16-17 !

Now John writes of doing Righteousness 1 Jn 3:7

7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

That means living by Faith feeding upon the Righteousness of Christ imputed to our charge. So doing and Living righteous is being able by the Spirit of God, to rest in Christ as our One and Only Righteousness before God,

And that rest will come as a result of Christ's stripes healing us !

Nanja

Yet another example of the word all being used to denote men individually in order to constitute an whole, that being the Children of God scattered abroad Jn 11:51-52

51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

Some Translations use the word all as here Jn 11:52

52 Yet Jesus would not die just for the Jewish nation. He would die to bring together all of God’s scattered people. CEV

52 and not only for them, but also to bring together into one body all the scattered people of God.

52 and for God’s scattered children. This would bring them all together and make them one.ICB

Notice how His Death/Dying was to gather together in One whole, this is All the Children of God are to gathered together or we can say drawn to Him.

Now whats interesting is the words gather together here have the same meaning as draw does in Jn 12:32, its the word sunago and is used to draw in fish, to draw together, to collect Matt 13:47

47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind: or all of every kind !

Also just as the word draw helko means to lead, impel, the same can be said for the word gather together sunago which means to lead together, made up of the verb ago which means :

I lead, I bring, drive, to impel, of power and influence affecting the mind like Lk 4:1; Rom 8:14; And so Jesus was saying that as a result of His Death, all His Sheep, or all the children of God, He will by spiritual power win over to Myself the hearts of them all.

Now how many religionist who often quote Jn 12:32 really believe and understand the Truth of it, that as a result of His Death, all His Sheep will be spiritually influenced to follow Him, to be persuaded to do so !

None of the freewill religionists can believe the Truth.
That word "all" to them is a stumblingblock.

1 Pet. 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence,
even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient:
whereunto also they were appointed.

These have been appointed to the gospel of disobedience:
The Vessels of Wrath prepared for Judgment Rom. 9:22.

~~~~~

beloved57

None of the freewill religionists can believe the Truth.
That word "all" to them is a stumblingblock.

1 Pet. 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence,
even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient:
whereunto also they were appointed.

These have been appointed to the gospel of disobedience:
The Vessels of Wrath prepared for Judgment Rom. 9:22.

~~~~~

Amen, and it is the Lords doing !

beloved57

Ensures the hearing of Faith !

Ensures the hearing of Faith !

The Death of Christ, for all whom He died, ensures unto them the Hearing of Faith ! This is True because its promised that the Just shall live by Faith Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The word shall in divine matters tells us that it has been predestined by God to happen !

Now who are the Just that shall live by Faith ? Its all for whom Christ by His Obedience of one shall make Righteous Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

That word righteous is the same greek word for Just in Rom 1:17 , hence all for whom Christ's obedience / death shall make Righteous or Just, shall Live by Faith !

So therefore His Death ensures the Hearing of Faith, because Faith comes by Hearing Rom 10:17 !

Now , Jesus who specifically stated that He lays down His Life for His Sheep Jn 10:11,15 goes on to say that they [ the Sheep He lays down His Life for] shall hear His voice Jn 10:16,27

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear[hearing of faith] my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

27 My sheep hear[hearing of faith] my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Again this is the Hearing of Faith as in Rom 10:17 and Gal 3:2,5

2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Again Jn 10:16 ensures this hearing of Faith or the Hearing of His Voice, the promise is " they shall hear"

That word shall means that it has already been determined that they shall hear His voice.

Jesus also says who it is that hears His voice here Jn 18:37

37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. Cp with Jn 10:16 !

What is it to be "of the Truth " ? Its to have the Spirit of Truth in Us by New Birth Jn 14:17

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. The Sheep !

This Spirit of Truth enables one to hear and embrace the Truth ! But nevertheless,Christ's Death ensures the Hearing of Faith unto everyone He died, of His Sheep !

beloved57

It ensures heaven !

It ensures heaven !

Christ's death ensures heaven for those He died for, also called the Eternal Inheritance Heb 9:15

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Listen, Christ's Death, or by means of His Death as the Surety / Mediator of His People, redeemed His People from their iniquities , transgressions, under both testaments, so that they may be called unto the obtaining of the Eternal Inheritance, which is Heaven ! Its the same as being called unto His Kingdom and Glory 1 Thess 1:12

That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory. or

to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ 2 Thess 2:14

Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Also its the same Inheritance Peter writes of here 1 Pet 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

And its the one Paul refers to here Gal 3:18

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it[The Inheritance] to Abraham by promise.

And the writer of Hebrews mentions it Heb 11:8

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

Note: Many think that the Inheritance of Heb 11:8 promised to Abraham was physical land of this earth over in the middle east, but they are deceived, it was a Heavenly Inheritance as Per Heb 11:16

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

And all the seed shall be called unto the obtaining of it, that is, "they which are called" in Heb 9:15

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

In the original its "οἱ κεκλημένοι " the having been called ones, notice the definite article for the ones being called, its not all mankind that this call goes out to !

This Inheritance is bequeathed upon all Christ died for, His Seed or the Seed of Abraham, and His Death secured the Inheritance unto them !

beloved57

No condemnation upon them Christ died for !

No condemnation upon them Christ died for !

Did you know that its impossible for any that Christ died for, to come under God's condemnation ? In fact here is a promise for all whom Christ died, even before they believe Jn 5:24

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Now Rom 8:1 informs us that there is no condemnation [imputed or charged]to them which are IN Christ Jesus See 2 Tim 1:9 ! And yet its also clear in scripture that there is a non imputation or a exclusion of condemnation to those for whom Christ died Rom 8:33-34

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

In other words, being condemned is offset by the fact that Christ died !

Also for those same ones He died, He maketh intercession for at the Right Hand of God. This Intercession for them is not conditioned upon them believing in Him, but upon His dying for them !

Those He makes intercession for, cannot come into condemnation, whether they are believing or not.

He intercedes in their behalf if they believe or not. You see all for whom Christ died, they have already received [by imputation] redemption through His Blood and the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His Grace Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

They have this regardless of their unbelief, its strictly according to the riches of His Grace,

So they have as unbelievers, based upon redemption and grace alone Justification Rom 3:24

24 Being justified or free from condemnation freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Yes even as unbelievers those Christ died for are Justified from all condemnation, because Christ died, He died because their condemnation was charged to Him and not them. Now that He has satisfied God's Justice, they never come into condemnation, but they shall be passed from death to life !