The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus was accused of blasphemy, it's a false charge. Paul was a man not a God, and we never said he deliberately adulterated writings. I respect Paul as entirely sincere in his own personal theological opinions about the Christ that he never knew in the flesh, but I follow Jesus. The Gentile world learned about Jesus primarily from Paul, not Jesus. We don't claim any conspiracy whatsoever (as other Christians on this forum do towards Paul), it's just the natural evolution of religion after revelation occurs.

We didn't expect "protection" from honest debate, just even handed treatment from thread pest/trolls.

If ya can't take the heat, get outta Dodge!

Aimiel

See here (all linked). Blood atonement belief and concept already covered. No need to re-invent the wheel, and go in more circles.
I'm not the one tripping over Truth, you are. Jesus' Blood offends the ones you are following (demon spirits). You cannot partake of the holy communion because of the un-holy things that live inside you and guide your every move.
Remember, 'blood' is symbolic.
I've never once thought otherwise. Remember: unless you drink Jesus' Blood (symbolically) and eat His Flesh (also symbolically) you have NO LIFE in you. Jesus doesn't lie. You're dead, spiritually. Your body moves, but your spirit is dead, since you don't have Jesus' Resurrection Life in you.
You can have faith in any thing or substance, but the only faith that avails is that placed in 'God' alone, as you would agree.
I believe that if you believe in God, you will believe The Words of His Son. I also believe that if you don't believe Jesus' Words you don't believe in God, you believe in an idol.
Exalting the blood of a man as something magical or divine in power, can distract one from a more original and universal power, that of God (Spirit) alone.
Jesus is more than just a Man.
Only that Spirit is Life.
It is through faith in Christ, Alone, that we can have any communion with The Holy Spirit. Without faith in Christ, there can be no peace between man and God. If you reject Christ, God rejects you. It's that cut-and-dried.
Faith can be placed in things or substances, but these are secondary or mere accessories in one's religious culture, practice or mythology.
That's not what Jesus said. He said that if you don't partake of holy communion, you cannot have any spiritual life in you.
We consider metaphors, archetypes, shadows, allegory and the like. Such is the play of language. Such personal affections or assumptions have their place, but when exalted to the status of absolute truth, these becomes 'idols' more or less.
Jesus' Words are ultimate Truth, but if you deny His Words you deny faith in Him. If you deny Him, God denies you. You need to repent of your lack of faith in Christ and obey the words He spoke. He is The One and Only Way into Heaven. He is The One and Only Truth about God. He is The One and Only Eternal Life. Believing in false gods only gets you in trouble with God for worshipping idols. You cannot worship God and worship idols too.

Aimiel

Jesus was accused of blasphemy, it's a false charge.
If you claim to have so much faith in Jesus' Words, why do you follow the voice of strangers?
Paul was a man not a God, and we never said he deliberately adulterated writings.
Whether you say he did so deliberately or not is completely irrelevant. His writings are Scripture. Making Scripture into lies is the work of demons.
I respect Paul as entirely sincere in his own personal theological opinions about the Christ that he never knew in the flesh, but I follow Jesus.
No... you follow Jebus, the false god of Urantia, who doesn't even exist. You're actually following a demon, pretending to be Jesus.
The Gentile world learned about Jesus primarily from Paul, not Jesus.
Yes, and fools learn about Jebus (NOT Jesus) from Urantia, which is NOT from above.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
still missing the bigger picture.......

still missing the bigger picture.......

I'm not the one tripping over Truth, you are. Jesus' Blood offends the ones you are following (demon spirits). You cannot partake of the holy communion because of the un-holy things that live inside you and guide your every move.I've never once thought otherwise. Remember: unless you drink Jesus' Blood (symbolically) and eat His Flesh (also symbolically) you have NO LIFE in you. Jesus doesn't lie. You're dead, spiritually. Your body moves, but your spirit is dead, since you don't have Jesus' Resurrection Life in you.I believe that if you believe in God, you will believe The Words of His Son. I also believe that if you don't believe Jesus' Words you don't believe in God, you believe in an idol.Jesus is more than just a Man. It is through faith in Christ, Alone, that we can have any communion with The Holy Spirit. Without faith in Christ, there can be no peace between man and God. If you reject Christ, God rejects you. It's that cut-and-dried.That's not what Jesus said. He said that if you don't partake of holy communion, you cannot have any spiritual life in you.Jesus' Words are ultimate Truth, but if you deny His Words you deny faith in Him. If you deny Him, God denies you. You need to repent of your lack of faith in Christ and obey the words He spoke. He is The One and Only Way into Heaven. He is The One and Only Truth about God. He is The One and Only Eternal Life. Believing in false gods only gets you in trouble with God for worshipping idols. You cannot worship God and worship idols too.

:yawn:

On truth:

2:7.1 All finite knowledge and creature understanding are relative. Information and intelligence, gleaned from even high sources, is only relatively complete, locally accurate, and personally true.

2:7.2 Physical facts are fairly uniform, but truth is a living and flexible factor in the philosophy of the universe. Evolving personalities are only partially wise and relatively true in their communications. They can be certain only as far as their personal experience extends. That which apparently may be wholly true in one place may be only relatively true in another segment of creation.

2:7.3 Divine truth, final truth, is uniform and universal, but the story of things spiritual, as it is told by numerous individuals hailing from various spheres, may sometimes vary in details owing to this relativity in the completeness of knowledge and in the repleteness of personal experience as well as in the length and extent of that experience. While the laws and decrees, the thoughts and attitudes, of the First Great Source and Center are eternally, infinitely, and universally true; at the same time, their application to, and adjustment for, every universe, system, world, and created intelligence, are in accordance with the plans and technique of the Creator Sons as they function in their respective universes, as well as in harmony with the local plans and procedures of the Infinite Spirit and of all other associated celestial personalities.

To move towards a greater comprehension of universe-reality and how truth is perceived or revealed to all dimensions and worlds in the cosmos, a more open, inquisitive, flexible mind and adventurous spirit is essential. Consider the terms, meaning and context.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
THE SUPREMACY OF PURPOSIVE POTENTIAL​

102:5.1 "Although the establishment of the fact of belief is not equivalent to establishing the fact of that which is believed, nevertheless, the evolutionary progression of simple life to the status of personality does demonstrate the fact of the existence of the potential of personality to start with. And in the time universes, potential is always supreme over the actual. In the evolving cosmos the potential is what is to be, and what is to be is the unfolding of the purposive mandates of Deity.

102:5.2 This same purposive supremacy is shown in the evolution of mind ideation when primitive animal fear is transmuted into the constantly deepening reverence for God and into increasing awe of the universe. Primitive man had more religious fear than faith, and the supremacy of spirit potentials over mind actuals is demonstrated when this craven fear is translated into living faith in spiritual realities.

102:5.3 You can psychologize evolutionary religion but not the personal-experience religion of spiritual origin. Human morality may recognize values, but only religion can conserve, exalt, and spiritualize such values. But notwithstanding such actions, religion is something more than emotionalized morality. Religion is to morality as love is to duty, as sonship is to servitude, as essence is to substance. Morality discloses an almighty Controller, a Deity to be served; religion discloses an all-loving Father, a God to be worshiped and loved. And again this is because the spiritual potentiality of religion is dominant over the duty actuality of the morality of evolution."​

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not the one tripping over Truth, you are. Jesus' Blood offends the ones you are following (demon spirits). You cannot partake of the holy communion because of the un-holy things that live inside you and guide your every move.I've never once thought otherwise. Remember: unless you drink Jesus' Blood (symbolically) and eat His Flesh (also symbolically) you have NO LIFE in you. Jesus doesn't lie. You're dead, spiritually. Your body moves, but your spirit is dead, since you don't have Jesus' Resurrection Life in you.I believe that if you believe in God, you will believe The Words of His Son. I also believe that if you don't believe Jesus' Words you don't believe in God, you believe in an idol.Jesus is more than just a Man. It is through faith in Christ, Alone, that we can have any communion with The Holy Spirit. Without faith in Christ, there can be no peace between man and God. If you reject Christ, God rejects you. It's that cut-and-dried.That's not what Jesus said. He said that if you don't partake of holy communion, you cannot have any spiritual life in you.Jesus' Words are ultimate Truth, but if you deny His Words you deny faith in Him. If you deny Him, God denies you. You need to repent of your lack of faith in Christ and obey the words He spoke. He is The One and Only Way into Heaven. He is The One and Only Truth about God. He is The One and Only Eternal Life. Believing in false gods only gets you in trouble with God for worshipping idols. You cannot worship God and worship idols too.

:up:
That is a fact. Believing in the Urantia fables is only going to lead you to hell. Yes there is a hell.

I am not saying this to be nasty, I am saying it because it is true.

Aimiel

:yawn:

To move towards a greater comprehension of universe-reality and how truth is perceived or revealed to all dimensions and worlds in the cosmos, a more open, inquisitive, flexible mind and adventurous spirit is essential. Consider the terms, meaning and context.

pj

So, you've chosen your idols over Jesus. Naturally.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
:up:
That is a fact. Believing in the Urantia fables is only going to lead you to hell. Yes there is a hell.

I am not saying this to be nasty, I am saying it because it is true.

Jesus sent his entire life story to earth in the Urantia book. We now know all about where the world came from, who Jesus is, the evolution of life on earth, mans destiny etc. We know what the original gospel of the kingdom of heaven was before the Jews rejected it.

Jesus already explained that Satan doesn't cast out Satan, demons never taught faith in the Father, you guys and gals are just afraid like the Jews were afraid.

There is no such place as eternal Hell, God is good, friendly and Loving. Hell was dreamed up by medicine men who used fear to manipulate people. God is not both eternally good and eternally evil to the children he creates.

48Then he said to them, "Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For it is the one who is least among you all who is the greatest."

"Master," said John, "we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we tried to stop him, because he is not one of us."

"Do not stop him," Jesus said, "for whoever is not against you is for you."​

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jesus did not invent Urantia. Some nutjob invented it.

Have you read in the bible where people said the same thing the first time Jesus came? If you were an Old Testament right wing zealot would you have rejected Jesus the way you reject him now in the UB?

"And when his friends heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself. And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils."​

You are just wrong Sherman, the expanded story of Jesus in the UB is fantastic! It gives us an even deeper appreciation and understanding of Christ.

glorydaz

If you were more secure in your faith you wouldn't feel that way.

Only those absolutely secure in their faith would bother to stand against your falsehoods. Why would anyone else bother? If you were just hunting Big Foot, we'd let you alone.

journey

If you were more secure in your faith you wouldn't feel that way.

What do you not understand about the ub being garbage? I have 100% assurance in my faith, so I have no desire for false garbage. I think that those who read the ub have a screw loose, and that doesn't include me.

journey

Have you read in the bible where people said the same thing the first time Jesus came? If you were an Old Testament right wing zealot would you have rejected Jesus the way you reject him now in the UB?
"And when his friends heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself. And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils."​
You are just wrong Sherman, the expanded story of Jesus in the UB is fantastic! It gives us an even deeper appreciation and understanding of Christ.

The ub is not the Holy Bible, nor is it a further revelation of the Holy Bible. The ub is cheap garbage and should never be used in connection to the Holy Bible. The writers of the ub did STEAL a lot of themes from the Holy Bible and distort them, mainly because their imagination was not sufficient without THEFT.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The ub is not the Holy Bible, nor is it a further revelation of the Holy Bible. The ub is cheap garbage and should never be used in connection to the Holy Bible. The writers of the ub did STEAL a lot of themes from the Holy Bible and distort them, mainly because their imagination was not sufficient without THEFT.

Yep! They weren't good writers!

Status
Not open for further replies.