The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Nope. Still is.

Yawn.

Are you unable to respond rationally without resorting to quoting from your fairy tale book?
I let the book respond to your post, but since it made a great point and you aren't man enough to acknowledge it, I will just let it all speak for itself.

Lon

“The habitual violation of a taboo became a vice; primitive law made vice a crime; religion made it a sin. Among the early tribes the violation of a taboo was a combined crime and sin. Community calamity was always regarded as punishment for tribal sin. To those who believed that prosperity and righteousness went together, the apparent prosperity of the wicked occasioned so much worry that it was necessary to invent hells for the punishment of taboo violators; the numbers of these places of future punishment have varied from one to five.”

When one discovers the true loving Father and themselves as a son of God, they naturally want to get to know him better.

Frightful allegiance isn’t Love,
Who cares, Caino? It isn't Jesus. I could give a rip. If God Himself isn't talking to me and C-L-E-A-R-L-Y allowing others (Apostles) it is all rubbish. It is men making it up as the go 'only naturally.' I don't care how it tickles the ear. I'm not a man of the flesh. I'm learning to follow God. You literally have 'your' common sense and what you believe is 'only natural' getting in the way of that conversation. I don't know what you want from this thread. All I want is you to meet the God who is, on HIS terms. Thus prayer.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I let the book respond to your post, but since it made a great point and you aren't man enough to acknowledge it, I will just let it all speak for itself.

I didn't bother to read it, because it's a fairy tale.

Why do you think a fairy tale will convince me?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
"Your religion shall change from the mere intellectual belief in traditional authority to the actual experience of that living faith which is able to grasp the reality of God and all that relates to the divine spirit of the Father. The religion of the mind ties you hopelessly to the past; the religion of the spirit consists in progressive revelation and ever beckons you on toward higher and holier achievements in spiritual ideals and eternal realities.

155:6.5 While the religion of authority may impart a present feeling of settled security, you pay for such a transient satisfaction the price of the loss of your spiritual freedom and religious liberty. My Father does not require of you as the price of entering the kingdom of heaven that you should force yourself to subscribe to a belief in things which are spiritually repugnant, unholy, and untruthful. It is not required of you that your own sense of mercy, justice, and truth should be outraged by submission to an outworn system of religious forms and ceremonies. The religion of the spirit leaves you forever free to follow the truth wherever the leadings of the spirit may take you. And who can judge—perhaps this spirit may have something to impart to this generation which other generations have refused to hear?

155:6.6 Shame on those false religious teachers who would drag hungry souls back into the dim and distant past and there leave them! And so are these unfortunate persons doomed to become frightened by every new discovery, while they are discomfited by every new revelation of truth. The prophet who said, “He will be kept in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on God.” was not a mere intellectual believer in authoritative theology. This truth-knowing human had discovered God; he was not merely talking about God.

155:6.7 I admonish you to give up the practice of always quoting the prophets of old and praising the heroes of Israel, and instead aspire to become living prophets of the Most High and spiritual heroes of the coming kingdom. To honor the God-knowing leaders of the past may indeed be worth while, but why, in so doing, should you sacrifice the supreme experience of human existence: finding God for yourselves and knowing him in your own souls?

Lon

"Your religion shall change from the mere intellectual belief in traditional authority to the actual experience of that living faith which is able to grasp the reality of God and all that relates to the divine spirit of the Father.

Which is dumb. It is ANOTHER intellectual assent! Don't you ever get tired of reading tripe? Can you literally not see it? Next: It is nothing but 'instruction' philosophy, nothing but a platitude as always! It asks nothing of you, says nothing.
As always, continuing prayers.
The religion of the mind ties you hopelessly to the past;
:doh: AND Sadler JUST gave you 'grasp reality' with your mind.
the religion of the spirit consists in progressive revelation
He was either stupid or a pagan, or both "The man without the Spirit cannot understand the things of the Spirit." CANNOT, Caino! Pray with me that God gives you and actual spiritual mind instead of some Jonathan Livingston Seagull Middle Eastern ascent. It is literally just flesh with a pseudo-'enlightenment' that is simply man being happy with who he is.
and ever beckons you on toward higher and holier achievements in spiritual ideals and eternal realities.
EXACTLY middle eastern at that point.
155:6.5 While the religion of authority may impart a present feeling of settled security, you pay for such a transient satisfaction the price of the loss of your spiritual freedom and religious liberty.
Nope, he has it completely backwards. "If any man would follow Me, he must take up his cross." This is Buddhism and Eastern Mysticism bundled with Christ to try and convert Christians. It is horrible because it leaves man alone, without fellowship with his God. God the Father answers my prayers, Caino. I have a relationship with Him BECAUSE I listen to Him and not some foolish meanderings and ponderings of fleshly men.
My Father does not require of you as the price of entering the kingdom of heaven that you should force yourself to subscribe to a belief in things which are spiritually repugnant, unholy, and untruthful.
Horribly terrible run-on sentence. It is beneath men to listen to grade-school drivel. Stop doing it Caino. Didn't you do well in school? This is trash!

It is not required of you that...
Um, no. Terrible English.
your own sense of mercy, justice, and truth should be outraged by submission to an outworn system of religious forms and ceremonies.
Nope. Not true. Its a lie and from someone who cannot even write a cogent sentence. You REALLY want to follow this guy? Is it fleshly comfortably for you, Caino? (still praying for you, you are dwelling happily in your flesh and Sadler strokes your fleshly concerns)
The religion of the spirit leaves you forever free to follow the truth wherever the leadings of the spirit may take you.
No. In point of fact, he's a liar. You are a 'liar' for repeating it. The "Spirit" sets you free from sin and death. It isn't a platitude. It is the literal indwelling of God in the believer. No man filled with God would ever buy into this: specifically because it is platitudes of the flesh with none of Christ's Spirit at all in it. It is Eastern Mysticism repackaged.
And who can judge—perhaps this spirit may have something to impart to this generation which other generations have refused to hear?
Meaning what, precisely? It is another poorly constructed sentence.
155:6.6 Shame on those false religious teachers who would drag hungry souls back into the dim and distant past and there leave them! And so are these unfortunate persons doomed to become frightened by every new discovery, while they are discomfited by every new revelation of truth.
Not even a sentence. Did you know that? These gurus of yours aren't even intelligent enough to convey flesh well, either.
The prophet who said, “He will be kept in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on God.” was not a mere intellectual believer in authoritative theology. This truth-knowing human had discovered God; he was not merely talking about God.
Uhm, if you (Sadler) knew your Bible: Isaiah!
155:6.7 I admonish you to give up the practice of always quoting the prophets of old and praising the heroes of Israel,
:doh: Sadler/Kellogg LITERALLY JUST did that!!!!! Come on Caino!!!!
and instead aspire to become living prophets of the Most High
Nope. GOD chooses prophets. Seventh Day Adventists (Sadler and Kellogg) believed there were prophets but were disillusioned with White. I don't know of any true prophet after the Apostles. Not one. That one doesn't exist.
and spiritual heroes of the coming kingdom. To honor the God-knowing leaders of the past may indeed be worth while,
:doh: He JUST admonished you (and me) to give up quoting them! This is terrible, grade-school grammar, and stupid stuff, Caino. What were your school grades? Do you not know how to write or grasp basic grammar????? These guys are terrible. Have you not noticed it at all?
but why, in so doing, should you sacrifice the supreme experience of human existence: finding God for yourselves and knowing him in your own souls?
Eastern mysticism and a god of your own making. I'd rather have God, on His terms. ALL ELSE (listen Caino) is YOU as god. It is the lie Satan gave Eve in the Garden. This UB OFTEN is straight from the pit and satanic (same as he says often enough). Don't listen to it! I really do believe the UB and this thread is from Satan: the same lies, the same seeking of one's own agenda and glory and the same lie: "you shall not surely die" when it (and you) reject the saving Grace and Work of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is as simple as acknowledging the need "I've not come for the healthy, but the sick," realizing there is a great gap between His holiness and our lack, and Trusting the Lord Jesus Christ to save.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Which is dumb. It is ANOTHER intellectual assent! Don't you ever get tired of reading tripe? Can you literally not see it? Next: It is nothing but 'instruction' philosophy, nothing but a platitude as always! It asks nothing of you, says nothing.
As always, continuing prayers.

:doh: AND Sadler JUST gave you 'grasp reality' with your mind.

He was either stupid or a pagan, or both "The man without the Spirit cannot understand the things of the Spirit." CANNOT, Caino! Pray with me that God gives you and actual spiritual mind instead of some Jonathan Livingston Seagull Middle Eastern ascent. It is literally just flesh with a pseudo-'enlightenment' that is simply man being happy with who he is.

EXACTLY middle eastern at that point.

Nope, he has it completely backwards. "If any man would follow Me, he must take up his cross." This is Buddhism and Eastern Mysticism bundled with Christ to try and convert Christians. It is horrible because it leaves man alone, without fellowship with his God. God the Father answers my prayers, Caino. I have a relationship with Him BECAUSE I listen to Him and not some foolish meanderings and ponderings of fleshly men.

Horribly terrible run-on sentence. It is beneath men to listen to grade-school drivel. Stop doing it Caino. Didn't you do well in school? This is trash!

Um, no. Terrible English.

Nope. Not true. Its a lie and from someone who cannot even write a cogent sentence. You REALLY want to follow this guy? Is it fleshly comfortably for you, Caino? (still praying for you, you are dwelling happily in your flesh and Sadler strokes your fleshly concerns)

No. In point of fact, he's a liar. You are a 'liar' for repeating it. The "Spirit" sets you free from sin and death. It isn't a platitude. It is the literal indwelling of God in the believer. No man filled with God would ever buy into this: specifically because it is platitudes of the flesh with none of Christ's Spirit at all in it. It is Eastern Mysticism repackaged.

Meaning what, precisely? It is another poorly constructed sentence.

Not even a sentence. Did you know that? These gurus of yours aren't even intelligent enough to convey flesh well, either.

Uhm, if you (Sadler) knew your Bible: Isaiah!

:doh: Sadler/Kellogg LITERALLY JUST did that!!!!! Come on Caino!!!!

Nope. GOD chooses prophets. Seventh Day Adventists (Sadler and Kellogg) believed there were prophets but were disillusioned with White. I don't know of any true prophet after the Apostles. Not one. That one doesn't exist.

:doh: He JUST admonished you (and me) to give up quoting them! This is terrible, grade-school grammar, and stupid stuff, Caino. What were your school grades? Do you not know how to write or grasp basic grammar????? These guys are terrible. Have you not noticed it at all?

Eastern mysticism and a god of your own making. I'd rather have God, on His terms. ALL ELSE (listen Caino) is YOU as god. It is the lie Satan gave Eve in the Garden. This UB OFTEN is straight from the pit and satanic (same as he says often enough). Don't listen to it! I really do believe the UB and this thread is from Satan: the same lies, the same seeking of one's own agenda and glory and the same lie: "you shall not surely die" when it (and you) reject the saving Grace and Work of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is as simple as acknowledging the need "I've not come for the healthy, but the sick," realizing there is a great gap between His holiness and our lack, and Trusting the Lord Jesus Christ to save.
I understand what its saying and the sentence structure is just fine.

It doesn't seem like you even try. Yours is that religion of the mind that Jesus is talking about.

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The eleven had scarcely ceased their discussions of the discourse on the vine and the branches when the Master, indicating that he was desirous of speaking to them further and knowing that his time was short, said: “When I have left you, be not discouraged by the enmity of the world. Be not downcast even when fainthearted believers turn against you and join hands with the enemies of the kingdom. If the world shall hate you, you should recall that it hated me even before it hated you. If you were of this world, then would the world love its own, but because you are not, the world refuses to love you. You are in this world, but your lives are not to be worldlike. I have chosen you out of the world to represent the spirit of another world even to this world from which you have been chosen. But always remember the words I have spoken to you: The servant is not greater than his master. If they dare to persecute me, they will also persecute you. If my words offend the unbelievers, so also will your words offend the ungodly. And all of this will they do to you because they believe not in me nor in Him who sent me; so will you suffer many things for the sake of my gospel. But when you endure these tribulations, you should recall that I also suffered before you for the sake of this gospel of the heavenly kingdom. *

Status
Not open for further replies.