The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You got that part correct.

He said that He would return PHYSICALLY (i.e., "the SON OF MAN be come", Matthew 10:23).

Nope... that's you and your fairy tale talking.
But again, according to you he didn't return in their lifetime. So, you end up in the position of making Jesus wrong while trying to make me the liar, all so that you can win a debate that you lost pages ago!?!?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
But again, according to you he didn't return in their lifetime.

Because He didn't.

So, you end up in the position of making Jesus wrong

Why?

Because last I checked, God (and Jesus is God) said:

The instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, to pull down, and to destroy it,if that nation against whom I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I thought to bring upon it.And the instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it,if it does evil in My sight so that it does not obey My voice, then I will relent concerning the good with which I said I would benefit it. - Jeremiah 18:7-10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah18:7-10&version=NKJV

Which simply means that God can change His mind about returning within someone's lifetime, and it doesn't make Him wrong.

It means that circumstances changed to where doing so would be counterproductive.

while trying to make me the liar,

You ARE a liar.

all so that you can win a debate that you lost pages ago!?!?

No one lost anything except you, your sanity, because you believe a fairy tale.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Because He didn't.

Why?

Because last I checked, God (and Jesus is God) said:

The instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, to pull down, and to destroy it,if that nation against whom I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I thought to bring upon it.And the instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it,if it does evil in My sight so that it does not obey My voice, then I will relent concerning the good with which I said I would benefit it. - Jeremiah 18:7-10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah18:7-10&version=NKJV

Which simply means that God can change His mind about returning within someone's lifetime, and it doesn't make Him wrong.

It means that circumstances changed to where doing so would be counterproductive.

You ARE a liar.

No one lost anything except you, your sanity, because you believe a fairy tale.

Matthew 16:28

28Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.”

But you claim God changed his mind?

Matthew 24:36

“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.

But then you say Jesus is God which invalidates Matthew 24:36

You need to call a theology repair man because you don't make any sense.

Even if the UB was a fairy tail I prefer it over your incoherent beliefs.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
That is correct. Has also has not returned in our lifetime, so far.

Is God not allowed to change His plans dynamically?
God doesn't need to change his mind, its you who are changing his mind to fit the fact that you don't believe what Jesus said about the return of his spirit after he ascended into heaven.

If you ever experience the spiritual rebirth and revisit the things Jesus said then your mind will be opened to the scriptures.

Right Divider

Body part
God doesn't need to change his mind, its you who are changing his mind to fit the fact that you don't believe what Jesus said about the return of his spirit after he ascended into heaven.
The SON OF MAN does NOT refer to a "spirit".
If you ever experience the spiritual rebirth and revisit the things Jesus said then your mind will be opened to the scriptures.
You have told us on MANY occasions that the Bible cannot be trusted and YET you quote it when you think that it's convenient for you. Quite the hypocrite, you are.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Matthew 16:28

28Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.”

Yup. That's what Jesus, God the Son, said.

But you claim God changed his mind?

Do you claim He cannot?

Matthew 24:36

“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.

But then you say Jesus is God which invalidates Matthew 24:36

No it doesn't, Because Jesus is not God the Father. He is God the Son.

You need to call a theology repair man because you don't make any sense.

Only because you're assuming I'm a unitarian, or at the very least, addressing my argument as if I am.

I'm not.

Even if the UB was a fairy tail

It is.

I prefer it

Men love darkness rather than light, so that's not surprising.

over your incoherent beliefs.

They're not incoherent. You're just not trying to understand them.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
God doesn't need to change his mind,

Because you say so?

its you who are changing his mind to fit the fact that you don't believe what Jesus said about the return of his spirit after he ascended into heaven.

I assure you, we believe Christ, and take Him at His word.

You don't.

More fairy tale nonsense.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The SON OF MAN does NOT refer to a "spirit".

You have told us on MANY occasions that the Bible cannot be trusted and YET you quote it when you think that it's convenient for you. Quite the hypocrite, you are.
I’m not a hypocrite because I’m honest about what I do and do not believe in the Bible. You just claim God changed his mind from what he said days earlier if something conflicts.

This is the first time I’ve run across inerrancy proponents who claim God changes his mind in midstream.

Right Divider

Body part
I’m not a hypocrite because I’m honest about what I do and do not believe in the Bible. You just claim God changed his mind from what he said days earlier if something conflicts.
I don't CLAIM it, I see it clearly as it's right there in the Bible.
This is the first time I’ve run across inerrancy proponents who claim God changes his mind in midstream.
Is God not allowed to change His mind based on people's behavior?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Because you say so?

I assure you, we believe Christ, and take Him at His word.

You don't.

More fairy tale nonsense.
Correction, you take Christ’s word where you misunderstood him. When your misunderstanding failed to come true, you figure God must have changed his mind.

According to you, the apostles couldn’t trust Jesus sometimes because his Father let him down.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Correction, you take Christ’s word where you misunderstood him. When your misunderstanding failed to come true, you figure God must have changed his mind.

Rather, I quoted scripture that TELLS US that God changes His mind. Would you like more to convince you?

Or have you hardened your heart to the point where no amount of scripture will change your mind?

According to you, the apostles couldn’t trust Jesus sometimes

Couldn't trust Him?

He gave His life for them!

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. - John 15:13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John15:13&version=NKJV

OF COURSE THEY COULD TRUST HIM!

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.For we know in part and we prophesy in part.But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. - 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians13:1-13&version=NKJV

Stop acting like a petulant child, Caino.

because his Father let him down.

How?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
God doesn’t need to change his mind, neither did Jesus change his mind.

Because you say so?

Because I have scripture that tells us that God can and does change His mind, and that Jesus changed His mind.

What do you have? Some fairy tale book?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Rather, I quoted scripture that TELLS US that God changes His mind. Would you like more to convince you?

Or have you hardened your heart to the point where no amount of scripture will change your mind?

Couldn't trust Him?

He gave His life for them!

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. - John 15:13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John15:13&version=NKJV

OF COURSE THEY COULD TRUST HIM!

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.For we know in part and we prophesy in part.But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. - 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians13:1-13&version=NKJV

Stop acting like a petulant child, Caino.

How?
Because according to you, God the Son knew the future, prophesied to his trusted apostles.... but God the Father changed the future, changed the plan (let him down, leaving his apostles with untrue expectations because they trusted the word of the Son).

You've painted yourself into quite a corner there.

15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

Yesterday it was your ignorant claim that there are no books mentioned in the Old Testament that don't exist anymore. Now today you've concocted God changing future events after the Son told his apostles something that turned out not to be true ALL because you don't believe (or don't understand) the Son to begin with.

Maybe put down the magnifying glass and pick up a mirror?

Lon

0:12.13 We are fully cognizant of the difficulties of our assignment; we recognize the impossibility of fully translating the language of the concepts of divinity and eternity into the symbols of the language of the finite concepts of the mortal mind. But we know that there dwells within the human mind a fragment of God, and that there sojourns with the human soul the Spirit of Truth; and we further know that these spirit forces conspire to enable material man to grasp the reality of spiritual values and to comprehend the philosophy of universe meanings. But even more certainly we know that these spirits of the Divine Presence are able to assist man in the spiritual appropriation of all truth contributory to the enhancement of the ever-progressing reality of personal religious experience—God-consciousness." UB 1955

0:12.14 [Indited by an Orvonton Divine Counselor, Chief of the Corps of Superuniverse Personalities assigned to portray on Urantia the truth concerning the Paradise Deities and the universe of universes.] *
Do you even try to read critically ANY of your material? :sigh: It makes up meaningless words trying poorly, to be grandiose (as it does with adjectives as well). Utter rubbish as far as readability. Like I'd said, if it were written by middle school kids I'd find it amusing. High school I'd have to mark it all over the place in red ink. It is just this bad.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
"When once you grasp the idea of God as a true and loving Father, the only concept which Jesus ever taught, you must forthwith, in all consistency, utterly abandon all those primitive notions about God as an offended monarch, a stern and all-powerful ruler whose chief delight is to detect his subjects in wrongdoing and to see that they are adequately punished, unless some being almost equal to himself should volunteer to suffer for them, to die as a substitute and in their stead. The whole idea of ransom and atonement is incompatible with the concept of God as it was taught and exemplified by Jesus of Nazareth. The infinite love of God is not secondary to anything in the divine nature.

188:4.9 All this concept of atonement and sacrificial salvation is rooted and grounded in selfishness. Jesus taught that service to one's fellows is the highest concept of the brotherhood of spirit believers. Salvation should be taken for granted by those who believe in the fatherhood of God. The believer's chief concern should not be the selfish desire for personal salvation but rather the unselfish urge to love and, therefore, serve one's fellows even as Jesus loved and served mortal men.

188:4.10 Neither do genuine believers trouble themselves so much about the future punishment of sin. The real believer is only concerned about present separation from God. True, wise fathers may chasten their sons, but they do all this in love and for corrective purposes. They do not punish in anger, neither do they chastise in retribution.

188:4.11 Even if God were the stern and legal monarch of a universe in which justice ruled supreme, he certainly would not be satisfied with the childish scheme of substituting an innocent sufferer for a guilty offender." UB 1955

Lon

Of coarse you would say that!
"Course" but who cares if God is misrepresented by bad grammar, let alone human and fleshly considerations and rationalizations???

And yes, of course I'd say that the UB is grammatically subpar. IS it a wonder that Joe doesn't know grammar very well either? 🤔 YOU literally MUST rely on me for proper grammatical understanding. Doing this on 'your own' is more often wrong than right. Who cares if you 'feel good about' being in ignorance? Such isn't right nor true, is it? The question: Do you want truth, or just to 'feel good about what Joe wants??' When did you become your own god?
If little virgin girls aren't being passed around after their families were slaughtered or children dismembered by bears, its just not your concept God speaking!
Incorrect. It was like fat-kids camp. You don't have them jumping righteous hurdles of great height. You have them doing tires. THINK when you read the Old Testament, Joe! I don't like how bad it was back then, but I'm not Jewish. I didn't live through all that. I don't live in Jerusalem today, having to face all the same difficulties either. It is a scapegoat and non sequitur. I'd simply say walk a mile in another's shoes like I do and have done. It'll make you less judgmental and more understanding and less of a TOL troll.

Joe (a.k.a. Cain-o): THINK critically when reading your chosen book AND reading the Bible. Every atheist website out there that tries to find issue with the Old Testament is a reading comprehension fail and NO DESIRE to grasp and You too, among atheists. I've little in common with Atheists. You? A bit more. Atheists are in the flesh, denying His Spirit. Follow truth and follow God. As to grammar, I'm better than you. You SHOULD listen to people that can teach you and show you where you are wrong. Be the bigger man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.