The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm EXTREMELY happy to see the "UFO Cultist" Caino has been banned for a bit. He and Freelight are a couple of Blasphemers who shouldn't have access to a Christian forum.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Oh I believe the Israelites did that, It just wasn't written by God. Neither was the Bible, that's why it has soooooo many inconstancies, mistake, exaggerations and man made myths that you have to defend.

......"But keep alive for yourselves all the young girls who have not known a man intimately."

Pedophiles of the Bible.

You got what was coming to you. Have a nice little vacation.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I'm doing quite fine thanks :) - I havent limited the Infinite to 66 books. Thats impossible. Again, its quite fine to enjoy whatever religious book you've been brought up on, trained with, or chosen to believe in, for whatever reason,...but it does not represent, neither contain All that God IS. Have you ever considered what being 'infinite' means? Also have you contemplated infinity itself?

Do exercise your imagination, its what 'God' has given you to engage. If you dont engage it, how can you enter upon the wonder, grandeur and glory of the cosmos? All begins with the infinite and ends within the infinite, since nothing can exist outside the infinite.

[/COLOR]

~*~*~
Knowing jesus brings unlimited joy. You denying God's word limits knowledge.
The Urantia Book proclaims a different God, a different Jesus, and a different Gospel than the Bible. Its message, allegedly revealed by higher spiritual beings, is fundamentally at odds with biblical Christianity. In light of this, it's sobering to think of all the biblical warnings about lying and deceptive spirits (e.g. 1 Kings 22:22-23; John 8:44; 1 Tim. 4:1; Rev. 20:7-10).

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Knowing Jesus is awesome........

Knowing Jesus is awesome........

The Urantia Book proclaims a different God, a different Jesus, and a different Gospel than the Bible. Its message, allegedly revealed by higher spiritual beings, is fundamentally at odds with biblical Christianity. In light of this, it's sobering to think of all the biblical warnings about lying and deceptive spirits (e.g. 1 Kings 22:22-23; John 8:44; 1 Tim. 4:1; Rev. 20:7-10).

The record of Jesus is more vast and extensive in the UB than what is found in the NT,....it devotes much more time to Jesus, so not sure how this somehow equates that a reader of the book would not know Jesus?

There is One Universal Father who is the First Source and Center of all creation, all that is. One Supreme Deity, whith a hierarchy of cosmic beings, divine Sons and angels that extend thru-out the habitable cosmos,....with outer space regions still potent for future creations, worlds without number. The papers describe this wonderful divine hierarchy and cosmology of creation in great detail.

The gospel (good news of the kingdom) of Jesus in Part 4 is clearly proclaimed for the benefit of all, revealing all men to be sons of God and having them into into a 'faith-relationship' with God, a spiritual rebirth whereby their sonship is lived out as a citizen of God's kingdom. Very basic fundamental truths also revealed in the NT, resting upon the foundational truth of the Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of Man. Jesus truly came to reveal God, which is clearly revealed in the papers.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
a free spirit.......

a free spirit.......

At least Freelight has been coloring within the lines as a forum rules are concerned as of late.

;)

With me its always been about 'creative dialogue' and 'expanding consciousness',.....this is what Life is about :)

Merry Christmas!

Zeke

I don't agree that any book to be the ultimate final word because none could contain the information about the Divine Conscience that started it all, the problem with the UB or the Bible is when they are interpreted as Jesus being a singular person/persona which misses the point of the message, not to be a respecter of persons is a command few heed when reading about a lead character in either of them, instead they cause divisions where there are none seeing all life came from the same Mind that is all things to all peoples.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I don't agree that any book to be the ultimate final word because none could contain the information about the Divine Conscience that started it all, the problem with the UB or the Bible is when they are interpreted as Jesus being a singular person/persona which misses the point of the message, not to be a respecter of persons is a command few heed when reading about a lead character in either of them, instead they cause divisions where there are none seeing all life came from the same Mind that is all things to all peoples.
The bible is the ultimate book, far more than just a any book

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
The record of Jesus is more vast and extensive in the UB than what is found in the NT,....it devotes much more time to Jesus, so not sure how this somehow equates that a reader of the book would not know Jesus?

There is One Universal Father who is the First Source and Center of all creation, all that is. One Supreme Deity, whith a hierarchy of cosmic beings, divine Sons and angels that extend thru-out the habitable cosmos,....with outer space regions still potent for future creations, worlds without number. The papers describe this wonderful divine hierarchy and cosmology of creation in great detail.

The gospel (good news of the kingdom) of Jesus in Part 4 is clearly proclaimed for the benefit of all, revealing all men to be sons of God and having them into into a 'faith-relationship' with God, a spiritual rebirth whereby their sonship is lived out as a citizen of God's kingdom. Very basic fundamental truths also revealed in the NT, resting upon the foundational truth of the Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of Man. Jesus truly came to reveal God, which is clearly revealed in the papers.
Ub are packed with errors while not is pure error free. Rather have 0 error free than a trillion errors.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
books are just helps along the way,......Life leads the way.......

books are just helps along the way,......Life leads the way.......

We might note that the UB is a very universal and all-inclusive revelation including the mythos, characters and human knowledge records of all the science, philosophy and religious knowledge of the 20th century, or up to that time when the 'transmissions' took place. There is no need to divide but unite all into a greater cosmological understanding of the essential unity of all life, how that 'God' in a relational context is 'Our Father' and all sentient beings are His children. This extends to the whole universal or cosmic family :)

You will further note those attacking it, marginalizing and demonizing it, because it claims to be a new ephocal revelation, and expansion of knowledge, which certainly includes all the truths of past dispensations but now taking them into an higher upgrade of consciousness. A newer revelation may ofttimes come with some 'corrections' of past misconceptions, naturally....plus a greater comprehension of the totality of life. Learning is ever unfolding and progressive.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Ub are packed with errors while not is pure error free. Rather have 0 error free than a trillion errors.

Can you share any errors in its teaching of spiritual meanings, values and principles? Can you share any of its errors on religious ethics or morals? Can you refute or expose any of its understanding of religion itself? There are 4-5 papers on Religion itself here. Have you read those to evaluate them for their 'truth-content', or just assume errors?

As far as real contradictions in the Bible go here, its a scholarly analysis of such, particularly the OT. Would you agree that learning is important? Admitting that the Bible is not infallible, does not discount any truth or value it may have. Some books/authors are more useful than others, thats just a fact of life....an artifact of history and literature. Anything coming thru human channels is subject to error, distortion, corruption in some form, subtle or otherwise. Any 'translation' or 'interpretation' is by nature a distortion, a necessary one, since communication has with it its own challenges and risks. But we keep communicating, and continue on translating and interpreting. A good teaching-format touching on this is the Law of One teaching by Ra, which came thru in the 1980s,....some impressive idea-concepts about universal reality in general.

It is admitted by the revelators that some of its scientific data may be improved or modified as man advances in knowledge/science (the revelators used the scientific knowledge of the early 20th century and expanded only so far on it, admitting more scientific advances would be discovered, but it would have to come upon man's own earning of it, in its own time), so some scientific info. may not be wholly correct compared to current new findings, however, the revelation as a totality is consistent in its terms, meanings and values.....a coherent cosmology of advancing truth.

Just by reading the Foreward of the papers, one can see the very advanced intellectual and conceptual overview of all that is revealed in the papers on the nature of God and the cosmos, many different levels, dimensions and densities of reality and how they all inter-relate as an ever-evolving whole. Because God the Infinite has invested himself within the finite creation, there is an aspect of Deity called God the Supreme that evolves along with creation, as creation is taking up into God and transformed thereby, there being an experiential evolution of the Supreme Being.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Can you share any errors in its teaching of spiritual meanings, values and principles? Can you share any of its errors on religious ethics or morals? Can you refute or expose any of its understanding of religion itself? There are 4-5 papers on Religion itself here. Have you read those to evaluate them for their 'truth-content', or just assume errors?

As far as real contradictions in the Bible go here, its a scholarly analysis of such, particularly the OT. Would you agree that learning is important? Admitting that the Bible is not infallible, does not discount any truth or value it may have. Some books/authors are more useful than others, thats just a fact of life....an artifact of history and literature. Anything coming thru human channels is subject to error, distortion, corruption in some form, subtle or otherwise. Any 'translation' or 'interpretation' is by nature a distortion, a necessary one, since communication has with it its own challenges and risks. But we keep communicating, and continue on translating and interpreting. A good teaching-format touching on this is the Law of One teaching by Ra, which came thru in the 1980s,....some impressive idea-concepts about universal reality in general.

It is admitted by the revelators that some of its scientific data may be improved or modified as man advances in knowledge/science (the revelators used the scientific knowledge of the early 20th century and expanded only so far on it, admitting more scientific advances would be discovered, but it would have to come upon man's own earning of it, in its own time), so some scientific info. may not be wholly correct compared to current new findings, however, the revelation as a totality is consistent in its terms, meanings and values.....a coherent cosmology of advancing truth.

Just by reading the Foreward of the papers, one can see the very advanced intellectual and conceptual overview of all that is revealed in the papers on the nature of God and the cosmos, many different levels, dimensions and densities of reality and how they all inter-relate as an ever-evolving whole. Because God the Infinite has invested himself within the finite creation, there is an aspect of Deity called God the Supreme that evolves along with creation, as creation is taking up into God and transformed thereby, there being an experiential evolution of the Supreme Being.
There's no point in looking for poisonous lies in your futility of too much knowledge: It is said that one time a man was hit by a poisonous arrow and had a few days to live unless he got an antidote. But the man was more preoccupied in knowing who had shot the arrow, where was the man, what was his name, why did he do this. He also wondered what the poison was, what kind of arrow was it, the kind of wood and where was it made. In the end the man died because he had wasted his time wondering with useless questions instead of looking for the antidote..

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh I believe the Israelites did that, It just wasn't written by God. Neither was the Bible, that's why it has soooooo many inconstancies, mistake, exaggerations and man made myths that you have to defend.

......"But keep alive for yourselves all the young girls who have not known a man intimately."

Pedophiles of the Bible.

Much thought needs to be got before being able to understanding that but it is explainable.

LA

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Exploring Christology............

Exploring Christology............

Much thought needs to be got before being able to understanding that but it is explainable.

LA

I did encourage Caino to be careful in his approach lest he get banned again, and 'pedophiles in the Bible' was crossing the line, but he can be pretty passionate. Challenging religious beliefs and assumptions can be a sensitive issue, but its how we address or criticize such in the interest of having some kind of valuable dialogue. We talked on Facebook and hope resolve a better posting etiquette when he returns, since I'd rather have this thread as a creative outlet for discussion, instead of it being 'locked' or 'deleted' by management. I myself have not even created many of my own threads here thru-out my sojourn here, but mostly engaged in other peoples threads, although I've helped to co-create, edit and manage this one.

If any are interested in seeing my former posts in other threads,...we are discussing the various Christological views, the 'hypostatic union', whether Jesus is God, or merely the 'Son of God', etc. The UB does have an interesting take on its own Christology, and does affirm that a 'hypostatic union' of some kind did take place with Jesus in his incarnation, although some points differ than a traditional orthodox viewpoint. It does expand the discussion to a greater cosmological context and realm of possibilities outside of the traditional 'box' so to speak. I've made a note on this on my last post here. - one can look up post archives as well for previous commentaries.

Things that expand the picture within the UB is that a divine hierarchy exists extending from the Father being the First Source and Center of all things and beings, from which an order of 'Creator Sons' proceed,...and these Sons are the creators of the universes(worlds) of space and time. These divine Sons do incarnate and reveal 'God' to their respective creations during what are called 'bestowals', and are as 'God' to their worlds of creation. Therefore in one sense Jesus is 'God', our Creator-Son, but he is NOT God the Universal Father, nor is he 'God' the Son within an orthodox Trinitarian formula. There is a 'Paradise Trinity' that is the supreme original Godhead which includes the Universal Father, Eternal Son and Infinite Spirit, but our Jesus (Christ-Michael) is not the 'Eternal Son' in this 'Paradise Trinity', as he a 'Creator Son' who are the offspring of the original Universal Father and Eternal Son within the Paradise Trinity. The UB says orthodox Christian theology has confused or assumed that our Jesus was one of the members of the Trinity, but corrects this view with a proper explanation of divine hierarchy and the role of Creator Sons.

Nevertheless, Jesus is our 'God', being our 'Creator Son', who by his incarnation and ascensions also won complete sovereignty of our world by rising victorious over fallen angel powers, and sealing his status of Sovereign Lord of this local universe (Nebadon). So, in many ways the allegorical or conceptual themes are similar to the traditional-orthodox over-view,...Jesus holds his position as 'Son of Man' AND 'Son of God', and thru the incarnation a wonderful synthesis or co-mingling of both human nature and divine natures occurred. I may expand more on this as opportunity affords :)

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I did encourage Caino to be careful in his approach lest he get banned again, and 'pedophiles in the Bible' was crossing the line, but he can be pretty passionate. Challenging religious beliefs and assumptions can be a sensitive issue, but its how we address or criticize such in the interest of having some kind of valuable dialogue. We talked on Facebook and hope resolve a better posting etiquette when he returns, since I'd rather have this thread as a creative outlet for discussion, instead of it being 'locked' or 'deleted' by management. I myself have not even created many of my own threads here thru-out my sojourn here, but mostly engaged in other peoples threads, although I've helped to co-create, edit and manage this one.

If any are interested in seeing my former posts in other threads,...we are discussing the various Christological views, the 'hypostatic union', whether Jesus is God, or merely the 'Son of God', etc. The UB does have an interesting take on its own Christology, and does affirm that a 'hypostatic union' of some kind did take place with Jesus in his incarnation, although some points differ than a traditional orthodox viewpoint. It does expand the discussion to a greater cosmological context and realm of possibilities outside of the traditional 'box' so to speak. I've made a note on this on my last post here. - one can look up post archives as well for previous commentaries.

Things that expand the picture within the UB is that a divine hierarchy exists extending from the Father being the First Source and Center of all things and beings, from which an order of 'Creator Sons' proceed,...and these Sons are the creators of the universes(worlds) of space and time. These divine Sons do incarnate and reveal 'God' to their respective creations during what are called 'bestowals', and are as 'God' to their worlds of creation. Therefore in one sense Jesus is 'God', our Creator-Son, but he is NOT God the Universal Father, nor is he 'God' the Son within an orthodox Trinitarian formula. There is a 'Paradise Trinity' that is the supreme original Godhead which includes the Universal Father, Eternal Son and Infinite Spirit, but our Jesus (Christ-Michael) is not the 'Eternal Son' in this 'Paradise Trinity', as he a 'Creator Son' who are the offspring of the original Universal Father and Eternal Son within the Paradise Trinity. The UB says orthodox Christian theology has confused or assumed that our Jesus was one of the members of the Trinity, but corrects this view with a proper explanation of divine hierarchy and the role of Creator Sons.

Nevertheless, Jesus is our 'God', being our 'Creator Son', who by his incarnation and ascensions also won complete sovereignty of our world by rising victorious over fallen angel powers, and sealing his status of Sovereign Lord of this local universe (Nebadon). So, in many ways the allegorical or conceptual themes are similar to the traditional-orthodox over-view,...Jesus holds his position as 'Son of Man' AND 'Son of God', and thru the incarnation a wonderful synthesis or co-mingling of both human nature and divine natures occurred. I may expand more on this as opportunity affords :)
If caino believed that then he communicated with the wrong translators of unfamiliar celestials whom tricks people in another jesus.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Jesus that the Gospels were written about and the Jesus who sanctioned the Urantia revelation is the same Jesus written about first by men and now by beings who were on the earth at the times of Jesus. In the UB we have a more accurate and detailed story with facts that had been lost or not known in that age. The UB makes more sense, its much more believable to educated, contemporary man.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Jesus that the Gospels were written about and the Jesus who sanctioned the Urantia revelation is the same Jesus written about first by men and now by beings who were on the earth at the times of Jesus. In the UB we have a more accurate and detailed story with facts that had been lost or not known in that age. The UB makes more sense, its much more believable to educated, contemporary man.

Welcome back Caino :)

Now please don't get banned again :cool:

Of course any are free to read the record for themselves, and intelligently decide.

We judge a book by its 'contents', not its 'cover'.

The gospel of the kingdom is expounded upon and clarified quite amply there (Part 4). The religious truths and principles that are true and universal to all orthodox religious traditions are also propounded since they are fundamental to existence and human relationships.

Status
Not open for further replies.