The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The 10th appearance of Jesus after resurrecting himself from the dead revealed in the UB:

.3 "Peace be upon you. You all know that we have one Father in heaven, and that there is but one gospel of the kingdom—the good news of the gift of eternal life which men receive by faith. As you rejoice in your loyalty to the gospel, pray the Father of truth to shed abroad in your hearts a new and greater love for your brethren. You are to love all men as I have loved you; you are to serve all men as I have served you. With understanding sympathy and brotherly affection, fellowship all your brethren who are dedicated to the proclamation of the good news, whether they be Jew or gentile, Greek or Romans, Persian, or Ethiopian. John proclaimed the kingdom in advance; you have preached the gospel in power; the Greeks already teach the good news; and I am soon to send forth the Spirit of Truth into the souls of all these, my brethren, who have so unselfishly dedicated their lives to the enlightenment of their fellows who sit in spiritual darkness. You are all the children of light; therefore stumble not into the misunderstanding entanglements of mortal suspicion and human intolerance. If you are ennobled, by the grace of faith, to love unbelievers, should you not also equally love those who are your fellow believers in the far-spreading household of faith? Remember, as you love one another, all men will know that you are my disciples.

191:4.4 "Go, then, into all the world proclaiming this gospel of the fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of men to all nations and races and ever be wise in your choice of methods for presenting the good news to the different races and tribes of mankind. Freely you have received this gospel of the kingdom, and you will freely give the good news to all nations. Fear not the resistance of evil, for I am with you always, even to the end of the ages. And my peace I leave with you."

191:4.5 When he had said, "My peace I leave with you," he vanished from their sight.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Caino,

You ADD and SUBTRACT from the word of God!

No, you just can't be honest. God is the Word, the Living Word. You buy into the theory that God writes books when it's just men writing the Word as they understand it.

I provided the evidence that many books were added to the Word after no more was supposed to be added according to the men who wrote the older books. That's just more contradiction from the convoluted Bible.

God's Truth

No, you just can't be honest. God is the Word, the Living Word. You buy into the theory that God writes books when it's just men writing the Word as they understand it.

I provided the evidence that many books were added to the Word after no more was supposed to be added according to the men who wrote the older books. That's just more contradiction from the convoluted Bible.

You subtracted from God's word, and that happens by subtracting and adding to His word.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

"The story of man’s ascent from seaweed to the lordship of earthly creation is indeed a romance of biologic struggle and mind survival. "Man’s primordial ancestors were literally the slime and ooze" of the ocean bed in the sluggish and warm-water bays and lagoons of the vast shore lines of the ancient inland seas, those very waters in which the Life Carriers established the three independent life implantations on Urantia." [Paper 65:2.1, page 731:5]

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

"The story of man’s ascent from seaweed to the lordship of earthly creation is indeed a romance of biologic struggle and mind survival. "Man’s primordial ancestors were literally the slime and ooze" of the ocean bed in the sluggish and warm-water bays and lagoons of the vast shore lines of the ancient inland seas, those very waters in which the Life Carriers established the three independent life implantations on Urantia." [Paper 65:2.1, page 731:5]
Nope.

Genesis 1:26 Modern English Version (MEV)

26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness, and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the livestock, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Nope.

Genesis 1:26 Modern English Version (MEV)

26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness, and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the livestock, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

That's a Hebrew creation story that dates to 600 BC written for the child like mind of Bronze Age sheep hearders. We know, or I should say educated man knows better now.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Moving beyond the 'preconception' of 'adding' or 'subtracting' from God's word

Moving beyond the 'preconception' of 'adding' or 'subtracting' from God's word

False drama.

Indeed,..there is no 'contest' really,....we read, consider and research the religious texts in question and judge them on their inherent value and meaning, - some books or passages may be more or less inspired, as well as distorted by human imperfection. Truth is truth wherever it is being revealed. - this isn't really a book-competition,...if one would be so petty.

The idea of adding or subtracting to God's word is presumed upon an assumption that there is some collection of books that is perfect, inerrant, infallible, complete and FINAL. - this is problematic on many levels, asides from being contrary to the concept of 'progressive revelation'. When that 'belief-bubble' is popped, it opens the mind and frontiers of consciousness to more logical and spiritually sane thinking, which expands one's consciousness instead of stifling it or locking it into dogmatic capsules.

Worshipping a book as a final presentation of 'God' is idolatry, or any 'image' for that matter, that is worshipped as 'God', when 'God' alone as the eternal and infinite Spirit-Father is worthy of worship, being Real Deity It-Self ( Essence, Being and Spirit), who in the continuum of space-time CONTINUES to unveil, reveal and unfold reality to mortals. We remind again of 'progressive revelation'. As long as there is space-time/creation...there is progressive unfolding of life, light, truth, knowledge, the glory-potential of 'God'. Such is Life. It is a journey of consciousness, a transformation of energy, light, spirit, matter,....all the elements which make up existence as we know it, and beyond.

The UB just happens to provide a platform and framework for comprehending the whole of creation, its purpose and destiny, and all the wonderful details and propositions that such a marvelous unfolding entails, in terms, meanings and values true to the consistency and context of the whole. It doesn't claim infallibility, inerrancy or finality, but does present itself as the 5th epochal Revelation to this planet, and in that automatically offers a current, updated, better and more comprehensive revelation to the mortals of this age.

pj

Last edited:

journey

That's a Hebrew creation story that dates to 600 BC written for the child like mind of Bronze Age sheep hearders. We know, or I should say educated man knows better now.

The Holy Bible contains the real truth about the creation of man, and it's in Genesis. I could care less what the ub UFO cult material has to say about anything, especially about creation. You have to remember that the ub is a fiction comic book - certainly not a revelation from God. And, there is nothing great about the ub. The ub isn't even a great comic book.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Holy Bible contains the real truth about the creation of man, and it's in Genesis. I could care less what the ub UFO cult material has to say about anything, especially about creation. You have to remember that the ub is a fiction comic book - certainly not a revelation from God. And, there is nothing great about the ub. The ub isn't even a great comic book.

It is obvious to people outside of the Bible cult that much of it was written by Zionist political history revisionist types who cast themselves off as Gods "chosen people" and you a Gentile dog. But you lack the self respect to realize how your masters have distorted their history and enlisted you in support of it. Their father was the devil, Jesus told you as much.

Aimiel

It is obvious to people outside of the Bible cult that much of it was written by Zionist political history revisionist types who cast themselves off as Gods "chosen people"...
You make all these spurious claims about The Holy Bible being 'revised' or edited, yet you provide no proof. Men have been trying to prove The Holy Bible wrong for centuries, yet not one single stated historic fact has ever been dis-proved. In point-of-fact: many which people with your mindset (The Bible has errors) have claimed things were made up which archaeology has since proven true. You need to realize that Scripture doesn't lie. The UB is nothing but lies. You're the one clinging to a book that's from hell. Ours is from above.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
More meta-tations from freelight.......

More meta-tations from freelight.......

It is obvious to people outside of the Bible cult that much of it was written by Zionist political history revisionist types who cast themselves off as Gods "chosen people" and you a Gentile dog.

Curiously Christians cling to the OT and have included it in their 'bible' (just adding the NT onto it), and can only really hold to any of it according to the 'new terms' of this 'new testament' which traditional-orthodox Jews reject, since Jesus did not fulfill the messianic requirements per their scriptures and tradition. A good share of the NT as well, was probably written by Gentiles decades or centuries after the appearance of Jesus, so they sway towards a gentile Hellenistic world-view, with only some portions catering to Jewish sentiments such as the gospel of Matthew or epistle of James, where Jesus keeps to the law of moses and the prophets, being the fulflimment of them, yet this 'fulfillment' is still variously interepreted or explained by later theologians, and further de-constructed by Paul.

Lets note, as I touched on earlier,...the truth or reality of life/existence goes way beyond the more petty religious argument of "I'm right and you're wrong", or "my book is true and yours is of the devil",....such banter is infantile really. Most of the critics here have resorted to that kind of response, which is valueless where the interest of discussion is held.

My view could just as well transcend all this, but engages only where interest and necessity calls my attention, to engage in creative dialogue, and positive discussion. The content of the papers offers more than ample material for discussion, yet critics are apparently not interested in that, but only to deride, devalue and demean their vague concept of it, which is only a preconception. This speaks to their deficiency, not the papers.

Earlier we shared on the 'thought-adjuster',....there are at least 4-5 papers dedicated to it alone,...its various functions and relationship to the soul, which would be of utmost value and interest to a religionist. There is enough there for endless discussion. The concept of an actual pre-personal fragment of the Universal Father indwelling the mortal mind is awesome to consider, the actual eternal, infinite presence of Deity itself,...which if the mortal chooses eternal survival, will fuse with that individual to become 'personalized' as one with that person.

pj

Last edited:

Aimiel

The mere THOUGHT of there being 'thought-adjustment' done by God is just creepy. God doesn't operate like that. The thoughts and intents of the heart are personal. God changes our heart such that we are capable of His Character and Goodness and gives us The Mind of Christ. A 'thought-adjuster' would be divination or witchcraft, which isn't in God's Playbook. You have no idea what Truth is, since you've swallowed the lies of the enemy of your soul. Since you don't believe The Holy Scriptures: you're liable to swallow anything. You need to watch what you put in your eyes, just like you watch what you put into your mouth. You've been reading and accepting WAY too much poison through your eyes and have become infected with it. It's spreading to others through you and your festering mess is growing in this earth and it's stink is rising to Heaven. One day God will tire of your ignorance of His Word and take His Hand of protection off your life. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near you when that happens.

Aimiel

There is only ONE Gospel. Other gospels are spurious and contradict Scripture, such as what the UB teaches.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The newly illuminated gospel.........

The newly illuminated gospel.........

There is only ONE Gospel. Other gospels are spurious and contradict Scripture, such as what the UB teaches.

The Gospel News proclaimed by Jesus in the UB can be summarized here :) - I see nothing wrong, irrational, spurious or insane about such noble, uplifting inspiring truths relative to man's relationship with God, in the realization of his kingdom in our midst, we being his children, he being our Heavenly Father.

This gospel of the kingdom is a living truth. I have told you it is like the leaven in the dough, like the grain of mustard seed; and now I declare that it is like the seed of the living being, which, from generation to generation, while it remains the same living seed, unfailingly unfolds itself in new manifestations and grows acceptably in channels of new adaptation to the peculiar needs and conditions of each successive generation. The revelation I have made to you is a living revelation, and I desire that it shall bear appropriate fruits in each individual and in each generation in accordance with the laws of spiritual growth, increase, and adaptative development. From generation to generation this gospel must show increasing vitality and exhibit greater depth of spiritual power. It must not be permitted to become merely a sacred memory, a mere tradition about me and the times in which we now live. ~ Jesus, The Urantia Book, (178:1.15)

pj

Status
Not open for further replies.