The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeke

If The Holy Bible contains His Words, you are lost. If It does not, all of us are.I am not The Judge of the Universe, but He is. He is The One Who judges those who are outside of His Word. His Righteousness demands it. Without judgement we slip into chaos. That is the realm of your father. :devil:

If you need a book to tell you about the Creator, then your the one who has stumbled of the path into collective think, your supposed to be a sovereign vessel of the spirit, no one is the same we all have or own experience that is our own path.

The christian religion was perverted long ago with hate, fear, and elitist nonsense that divides more than anything else, from the elitist calvanist to hell fire and brimstone maniacs.

Your version is just another tradistional mental slave market, thats bought into the lie that man is helpless and weak without the hero coming to the rescue, statist robots and the christian religion is the same dependent game and lie.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
If The Holy Bible contains His Words, you are lost. If It does not, all of us are.I am not The Judge of the Universe, but He is. He is The One Who judges those who are outside of His Word. His Righteousness demands it. Without judgement we slip into chaos. That is the realm of your father. :devil:

We realize Aimiel that you are frustrated about not being able to manipulate and control people in the same way that someone did that to you. Jesus had a real relationship with a real god, not a fetishistic relationship with a book.

You have no authority to judge people the way you do nor are we under bondage to the contrived authority of the Church and it's book collection.

Faith is all that is required.

Caino

Aimiel

If you need a book to tell you about the Creator, then your the one who has stumbled...
Stumbling is part of the human condition. God decided to put His Word on paper.
The christian religion was perverted long ago with hate, fear, and elitist nonsense that divides more than anything else, from the elitist calvanist to hell fire and brimstone maniacs.
Like Jesus? He taught that hell is real.
Your version is just another (traditional) mental slave market, thats bought into the lie that man is helpless and weak without the hero coming to the rescue, statist robots and the christian religion is the same dependent game and lie.
God is our Hero. Your problem is making too much of yourself.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Learning the teaching.......

Learning the teaching.......

If The Holy Bible contains His Words, you are lost.

Wrong. The Bible does NOT contain all the words, inspirations or totality of what God has revealed to his children, for the unfolding ministry of the Spirit of truth is never-ending, neither is all the truth of 'God' ONLY within one religious tradition or cult-ure, since 'God' is the Universal Father of all...and has revealed Himself more or less among the many tribes of mankind, in different schools and dispensations.

The Urantia Papers amply reveal the essential nature, character and attributes of 'God' enhancing and inspiring man's affection and worship.

Any can draw from the truths shared inreligious writings, however, the key is in how we allocate, interpret and contextualize those writings, as well as being able to discern what is relevant from what is more or less the thoughts and traditions of men, or those only pertinent for a particular time or culture.

~*~*~

Online Study Edition

Every soul has direct access to 'God' within his own soul...for a fragment of the infinite 'God' dwells therein. The Papers call this pre-personal divine presence the 'Thought Adjuster' or 'Mystery monitor',...it is the 'divine pilot' so to speak, the pure presence of Deity that sojourns with the mortal, and later has the potential to fuse with the evolving mortal soul, when it attains a more intimate union with divinity, where the soul and God become one (this moment of 'fusion' is the 'new birth' into immortality). Once a soul is so divinitized, it is forever immortal and sets its course for unending universe-service. Those who choose eternal life have this immortality-potential; - those who reject life have the possibility of suffering a final and eternal soul-death (disintegration, extinction).

On the Adjuster -

- (0:5.9) 3. Spirit. The divine spirit that indwells the mind of man—the Thought Adjuster. This immortal spirit is prepersonal—not a personality, though destined to become a part of the personality of the surviving mortal creature.

- (1:2.8) Those who know God have experienced the fact of his presence; such God-knowing mortals hold in their personal experience the only positive proof of the existence of the living God which one human being can offer to another. The existence of God is utterly beyond all possibility of demonstration except for the contact between the God-consciousness of the human mind and the God-presence of the Thought Adjuster that indwells the mortal intellect and is bestowed upon man as the free gift of the Universal Father.

- (1:5.10) The idea of the personality of the Universal Father is an enlarged and truer concept of God which has come to mankind chiefly through revelation. Reason, wisdom, and religious experience all infer and imply the personality of God, but they do not altogether validate it. Even the indwelling Thought Adjuster is prepersonal. The truth and maturity of any religion is directly proportional to its concept of the infinite personality of God and to its grasp of the absolute unity of Deity. The idea of a personal Deity becomes, then, the measure of religious maturity after religion has first formulated the concept of the unity of God

Origin and Nature of the Thought Adjusters

pj

Aimiel

We realize Aimiel that you are frustrated about not being able to manipulate and control people in the same way that someone did that to you.
Perhaps you're referring to someone else? I have no idea what you're talking about here.
Jesus had a real relationship with a real god, not a fetishistic relationship with a book.
He read from the Torah. He didn't say that it was a myth. He could have made corrections if It needed any.
You have no authority to judge people the way you do nor are we under bondage to the contrived authority of the Church and it's book collection.
The Holy Bible is authoritative, because It was inspired by God.
Faith is all that is required.
Yes, but faith in God's Word, not words of a demon.

Aimiel

Wrong. The Bible does NOT contain all the words, inspirations or totality of what God has revealed to his children, for the unfolding ministry of the Spirit of truth is never-ending, neither is all the truth of 'God' ONLY within one religious tradition or cult-ure, since 'God' is the Universal Father of all...and has revealed Himself more or less among the many tribes of mankind, in different schools and dispensations.
I don't believe that all the books in the world could contain information about God and be exhaustive. All the space in the universe isn't enough to house such information. The Holy Bible is God's Inspired Word and Jesus is The One and ONLY Way into Heaven. All others are thieves and robbers. He is The One and ONLY Truth about God. You're simply living proof that if you don't believe The Bible you'll swallow anything.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

You're headed towards the wrong god. If you want to come to The Only Living God you have to get there through Jesus' Blood. You're off-course.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps you're referring to someone else? I have no idea what you're talking about here. He read from the Torah. He didn't say that it was a myth. He could have made corrections if It needed any.The Holy Bible is authoritative, because It was inspired by God. Yes, but faith in God's Word, not words of a demon.

Jesus only extracted the positive "truths" from the OT scripture, he NEVER referred to them as Gods Word and NEVER said God wrote them. Jesus was divinely diplomatic, he was not here to REFORM the errors of Judaism.

The Positive Nature of Jesus’ Religion

(1769.3) 159:5.1 At Philadelphia, where James was working, Jesus taught the disciples about the positive nature of the gospel of the kingdom. When, in the course of his remarks, he intimated that some parts of the Scripture were more truth-containing than others and admonished his hearers to feed their souls upon the best of the spiritual food, James interrupted the Master, asking: “Would you be good enough, Master, to suggest to us how we may choose the better passages from the Scriptures for our personal edification?” And Jesus replied: “Yes, James, when you read the Scriptures look for those eternally true and divinely beautiful teachings, such as:

(1769.4) 159:5.2 “Create in me a clean heart, O Lord.
(1769.5) 159:5.3 “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
(1769.6) 159:5.4 “You should love your neighbor as yourself.
(1769.7) 159:5.5 “For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying, fear not; I will help you.
(1769.8) 159:5.6 “Neither shall the nations learn war any more.”

(1769.9) 159:5.7 And this is illustrative of the way Jesus, day by day, appropriated the cream of the Hebrew scriptures for the instruction of his followers and for inclusion in the teachings of the new gospel of the kingdom. Other religions had suggested the thought of the nearness of God to man, but Jesus made the care of God for man like the solicitude of a loving father for the welfare of his dependent children and then made this teaching the cornerstone of his religion. And thus did the doctrine of the fatherhood of God make imperative the practice of the brotherhood of man. The worship of God and the service of man became the sum and substance of his religion. Jesus took the best of the Jewish religion and translated it to a worthy setting in the new teachings of the gospel of the kingdom.

(1769.10) 159:5.8 Jesus put the spirit of positive action into the passive doctrines of the Jewish religion. In the place of negative compliance with ceremonial requirements, Jesus enjoined the positive doing of that which his new religion required of those who accepted it. Jesus’ religion consisted not merely in believing, but in actually doing, those things which the gospel required. He did not teach that the essence of his religion consisted in social service, but rather that social service was one of the certain effects of the possession of the spirit of true religion.

(1770.1) 159:5.9 Jesus did not hesitate to appropriate the better half of a Scripture while he repudiated the lesser portion. His great exhortation, “Love your neighbor as yourself,” he took from the Scripture which reads: “You shall not take vengeance against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Jesus appropriated the positive portion of this Scripture while rejecting the negative part. He even opposed negative or purely passive nonresistance. Said he: “When an enemy smites you on one cheek, do not stand there dumb and passive but in positive attitude turn the other; that is, do the best thing possible actively to lead your brother in error away from the evil paths into the better ways of righteous living.” Jesus required his followers to react positively and aggressively to every life situation. The turning of the other cheek, or whatever act that may typify, demands initiative, necessitates vigorous, active, and courageous expression of the believer’s personality.

Caino

Zeke

Stumbling is part of the human condition. God decided to put His Word on paper.Like Jesus? He taught that hell is real.God is our Hero. Your problem is making too much of yourself.

Making choices from bad and limited imformation, and living in a plastic world is certainly enough to make anyone stumble.

None of the early english bibles had hell in them, its a fear doctrine to inslave through fear, you can imbrace genicide if you wish but it's a falsh dogma.

No, I just don't buy the lie of the helpless sinner bs anymore! we are each equal soveriegn temples, your religion has you looking for some saviour coming in the clouds, when Jesus told you it was within that one needed to seach for the kngdom of God, not in temples made with hands.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Making choices from bad and limited imformation, and living in a plastic world is certainly enough to make anyone stumble.

None of the early english bibles had hell in them, its a fear doctrine to inslave through fear, you can imbrace genicide if you wish but it's a falsh dogma.

No, I just don't buy the lie of the helpless sinner bs anymore! we are each equal soveriegn temples, your religion has you looking for some saviour coming in the clouds, when Jesus told you it was within that one needed to seach for the kngdom of God, not in temples made with hands.

Hi Zeke, good stuff, so true.

Consider this:

(1006.1) 92:3.4 Evolutionary religion makes no provision for change or revision; unlike science, it does not provide for its own progressive correction. Evolved religion commands respect because its followers believe it is The Truth; “the faith once delivered to the saints” must, in theory, be both final and infallible. The cult resists development because real progress is certain to modify or destroy the cult itself; therefore must revision always be forced upon it.

(1006.2) 92:3.5 Only two influences can modify and uplift the dogmas of natural religion: the pressure of the slowly advancing mores and the periodic illumination of epochal revelation. And it is not strange that progress was slow; in ancient days, to be progressive or inventive meant to be killed as a sorcerer. The cult advances slowly in generation epochs and agelong cycles. But it does move forward. Evolutionary belief in ghosts laid the foundation for a philosophy of revealed religion which will eventually destroy the superstition of its origin.

Aimiel is, I believe, sincere, but his current religion has deeply impressed upon him the idea that anything at variance with it's dogma is evil, that it is the dark force trying to tempt him away from the doctrine. That is why prophets and revelators were repeatedly tortured and killed by those who claim to be spiritual people.

Judaism was so freaking stubborn in it's doctrine that they could not even see or perceive their own promised deliverer when he stood before them. The more truth Jesus spoke the more angry they became, the more determined they were to resist his revelatory gospel and life; the personal gospel of the inner kingdom.

Caino

Aimiel

God designed His Word as a guide and a map. It guides us to Him as our Source and Strength and is a map into His Presence. Jesus said that no one comes to The Father except through Him. Using another source or finding another way to The Father isn't necessary or good. It's ignoring God's Word and calling Him a liar. Those who think their knowledge or the knowledge of others is reliable make those things their god and ignore The Lord. He isn't fooled. He Alone is God. His Word has proven to be reliable. The words of others only lend credence to His Word or make It into lies. Urantia makes God's Words into lies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
God designed His Word as a guide and a map. It guides us to Him as our Source and Strength and is a map into His Presence. Jesus said that no one comes to The Father except through Him.<-----Jesus IS the Word, not books about him. The spirit of the Son and the Father are present NOW and available to those who sincerely seek to be lead by God. Using another source or finding another way to The Father isn't necessary or good. It's ignoring God's Word and calling Him a liar. Those who think their knowledge or the knowledge of others is reliable make those things their god and ignore The Lord. He isn't fooled. He Alone is God. His Word has proven to be reliable. The words of others only lend credence to His Word or make It into lies. Urantia makes God's Words into lies.

Jesus said "No one gets to the Father except through me"

Aimiel says "no one gets to Jesus or the Father except through books about Jesus and the Father which have been petrified into authoritative truth by the church"

Jesus taught man to have a direct, spiritual relationship with the presence of a real God.

Aimiel substitutes a real relationship with God for the golden calf of books written some 50+ years after Jesus left.

The NT didn't exist when Jesus reffered to himself directly as The Truth.

Jesus did not write books nor direct his apostles to write books, they taught of a direct relationship with God.

When Jesus did not "soon return" as hoped for, the Church at Rome requested the writing of books so that the stories would not be lost. Those books, which conflict some with each other, were the sincere attempts to report what happened.

Caino

Aimiel

Jesus said "No one gets to the Father except through me"
How do you know that?
Aimiel says "no one gets to Jesus or the Father except through books about Jesus and the Father which have been petrified into authoritative truth by the church"
No, I didn't. I say: "No one gets to The Father except through Jesus."
Jesus taught man to have a direct, spiritual relationship with the presence of a real God.
How do you know that?
Aimiel substitutes a real relationship with God for the golden calf of books written some 50+ years after Jesus left.
We read the truth in The Holy Scriptures and The Spirit of Christ Who is in us bears witness in our spirit that His Word is Truth. Without the authority of Scripture, we slip into chaos. C'mon, you need to read and comprehend what you're reading. I am repeating myself over and over and over and you're just not getting it.
The NT didn't exist when Jesus reffered to himself directly as The Truth.
He inspired the words, just the same. He is The One Who inspired every word of Scripture. Satan is the only inspiration for Urantia.
Jesus did not write books nor direct his apostles to write books, they taught of a direct relationship with God.
They also taught the authority of Scripture. They also taught us to steer clear of idols. Jebus, whom you read about in Urantia, is an idol. You need to run away from that idol.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
How do you know that? <----news accounts in books written by men, but the book itself isn't the story, is about the story. You make the book the event itself. The New York Times is not the Word of God, it reports the news through the bias mind of the writters.

No, I didn't. I say: "No one gets to The Father except through Jesus."How do you know that? <-----The book isn't The Word, it's about The Word.

We read the truth in The Holy Scriptures and The Spirit of Christ Who is in us bears witness in our spirit that His Word is Truth.<-----Jesus is the Word, he didn't write the Bible.

Without the authority of Scripture, we slip into chaos.<-----God is the ONLY sovereign authority, >you< slip into chaos because you have not learned to rely on God.

C'mon, you need to read and comprehend what you're reading. I am repeating myself over and over and over and you're just not getting it.He inspired the words, just the same. He is The One Who inspired every word of Scripture.<-----The events of the Word on earth inspired the writing of the books by men, that does not mean that the books are Gods writing. 9/11 inspired news reports and books, that does not mean that the news or books ARE 9/11

Satan is the only inspiration for Urantia.They also taught the authority of Scripture. They also taught us to steer clear of idols. Jebus, whom you read about in Urantia, is an idol. You need to run away from that idol <-----your faith in Satan is still strong, there is only one God, Satan is in your fear based imaginary ghost world...

Caino

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Jesus said "follow me", what did he mean? Follow books about me? Or follow me in spirit?

196:1.3 To “follow Jesus” means to personally share his religious faith and to enter into the spirit of the Master’s life of unselfish service for man. One of the most important things in human living is to find out what Jesus believed, to discover his ideals, and to strive for the achievement of his exalted life purpose.

Of all human knowledge, that which is of greatest value is to know the religious life of Jesus and how he lived it.196:1.5

It should not be the aim of kingdom believers literally to imitate the outward life of Jesus in the flesh but rather to share his faith; to trust God as he trusted God and to believe in men as he believed in men. Jesus never argued about either the fatherhood of God or the brotherhood of men; he was a living illustration of the one and a profound demonstration of the other.​

Caino

Aimiel

The New York Times is not the Word of God...
No, it isn't. Neither is Urantia. The Holy Bible IS. Jesus is The Living Word of God, The Holy Bible is The Written Word of God and men often speak The Rhema Word of God. Urantia is words from hell.
The book isn't The Word, it's about The Word.
You simply don't understand what God went through and probably don't realize that nearly every prophet who wrote Holy Scripture lost his life doing so.
Jesus is the Word, he didn't write the Bible.
Actually, He did. He is The Holy Spirit, since The Spirit of Christ is The Spirit of God and The Holy Spirit inspired every single word.

2 Peter 1:21
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
Without the authority of Scripture, we slip into chaos.<-----God is the ONLY sovereign authority, >you< slip into chaos because you have not learned to rely on God.
No, it is reliance upon God which tells me that His Word is Truth. His Spirit bears witness together with my own spirit that His Word is Holy Scripture. If you don't have that same witness, you don't have The Spirit of The Lord. He is The Same Holy Spirit to all believers. To you He is a stranger.
The events of the Word on earth inspired the writing of the books by men, that does not mean that the books are Gods writing.
What means they are Holy Scripture is God's guidance. He doesn't have a complete failure in the lives of His followers. We follow Him and He leads us. Those who wrote the New Testament did so under His direction and guidance.
your faith in Satan is still strong, there is only one God, Satan is in your fear based imaginary ghost world...
No, he is real. Jesus spoke to demons. He was tempted. He resisted Satan. You were tempted and didn't resist. Urantia is not from God. It is from hell. You need to resist Satan in order to have him flee from you. Since you don't, he has you in his back pocket. You need to stick your head in The Holy Scriptures and keep it there. If you don't have any faith in The Holy Scriptures, you don't belong to Christ. You're lost and need a savior.

Aimiel

‎One of the most important things in human living is to find out what Jesus believed, to discover his ideals, and to strive for the achievement of his exalted life purpose.
In a word: "No." The most important thing that men need to do is repent. It was the very first thing Jesus said when He began preaching.

Matthew 3:2
And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

What is The Kingdom? It is God's Presence in the earth. We can not only be saved from our sins but we can have God's Spirit inside of us. We can learn to hear His Voice for ourselves. That is far more important than any 'knowledge' or studying we might do. Your 'holy book' is chock-full of errors. The Bible is reliable.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
In a word: "No." The most important thing that men need to do is repent. It was the very first thing Jesus said when He began preaching. <-----no need to repent if one was not disconnected from God "◄ Luke 5:31 ►

Jesus answered them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick."

Matthew 3:2
And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

What is The Kingdom? It is God's Presence in the earth. We can not only be saved from our sins but we can have God's Spirit inside of us. We can learn to hear His Voice for ourselves. That is far more important than any 'knowledge' or studying we might do. Your 'holy book' is chock-full of errors. The Bible is reliable.

Caino

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
the crux of the matter.....

the crux of the matter.....

196:1.3 To “follow Jesus” means to personally share his religious faith and to enter into the spirit of the Master’s life of unselfish service for man. One of the most important things in human living is to find out what Jesus believed, to discover his ideals, and to strive for the achievement of his exalted life purpose.

Of all human knowledge, that which is of greatest value is to know the religious life of Jesus and how he lived it.196:1.5

It should not be the aim of kingdom believers literally to imitate the outward life of Jesus in the flesh but rather to share his faith; to trust God as he trusted God and to believe in men as he believed in men. Jesus never argued about either the fatherhood of God or the brotherhood of men; he was a living illustration of the one and a profound demonstration of the other.​

What boggles me is how anyone cannot see the truth, principle and value of the above, which is the central theme and teaching of the UB, and reject it. - especially those who claim to be believers in this 'Jesus'.

Furthermore are those who have not yet read any significant portion of the papers, but continue to blabber the same ignorant criticisms.

~*~*~

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former".

-Albert Einstein

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
No, it isn't. Neither is Urantia. The Holy Bible IS. Jesus is The Living Word of God, The Holy Bible is The Written Word of God and men often speak The Rhema Word of God. Urantia is words from hell.You simply don't understand what God went through and probably don't realize that nearly every prophet who wrote Holy Scripture lost his life doing so.Actually, He did. He is The Holy Spirit, since The Spirit of Christ is The Spirit of God and The Holy Spirit inspired every single word.

2 Peter 1:21
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.No, it is reliance upon God which tells me that His Word is Truth. His Spirit bears witness together with my own spirit that His Word is Holy Scripture. If you don't have that same witness, you don't have The Spirit of The Lord. He is The Same Holy Spirit to all believers. To you He is a stranger.What means they are Holy Scripture is God's guidance. He doesn't have a complete failure in the lives of His followers. We follow Him and He leads us. Those who wrote the New Testament did so under His direction and guidance.No, he is real. Jesus spoke to demons. He was tempted. He resisted Satan. You were tempted and didn't resist. Urantia is not from God. It is from hell. You need to resist Satan in order to have him flee from you. Since you don't, he has you in his back pocket. You need to stick your head in The Holy Scriptures and keep it there. If you don't have any faith in The Holy Scriptures, you don't belong to Christ. You're lost and need a savior.

God didn't write the Bible, but you are free to continue to preach that he did. It is pointless to discuss advanced truth with you when you don't even seem to understand your own Bible.

Caino

Status
Not open for further replies.