Who Justifieth the Ungodly

beloved57

What man made religion does not know and understand, but at the same time that Christ was setup as the Surety of the Everlasting Covenant, the transgressions of all He represented, all the Father gave Him, they were charged to Him or imputed to Him, and so at that time they were discharged from all their guilt they would incur and declared Righteous or Justified !

Last edited:

beloved57

When Paul teaches that one is Justified by Faith, Rom 5:1, he does not mean as the false teachers tell us, that one is Justified before God because of our act of faith or of believing, but that God given Faith embraces a Righteousness revealed to it, that was not our own Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein[The Gospel of Christ] is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Phil 3:9

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

The false teachers tells us that God counts their own faith as their Righteousness, which contradicts this very Truth !

beloved57

The ungodly Elect are Justified by the blood of Christ alone before God's bar of Justice, before they know of it and embrace it by Faith, and so Rom 5:1 means that God given Faith has now embraced or received the fact of having been afore time Justified by Christ's Blood Rom 5:9 or His Grace Titus 3:7; 2 Tim 1:9; It is then Faith introduces us into the Grace that we stand Rom 5:2 in before God because of the Blood and Merits of Christ on our behalf !

The NASB is good here for Rom 5:2

through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God.

However the Elect's whole unconverted life was spent under the Justifying blood of Christ, being preserved until being called Jude 1:1

Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

Calling follows being preserved. Paul recognized his preservation until called also by grace Gal 1:15

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

You see, regardless if we realize it by faith or not, the Blood of Christ has paid the sin debt one owed to God's Law and Justice, that was incurred in Adam and in our own physical persons. You see it is the Blood of Christ that had the Justifying merit before God, not our act of believing it ! Our believing it is only God giving us our own comfort and assurance of it !

beloved57

In the Mind of God !

In the Mind of God , a Person whom Christ died in behalf of is no more Justified after they believe, than they were before they believed, for God's Justification of one does not depend upon the act of man, which believing is, for if we believe not, He remains faithful [to the Covenant with His Son] and that is to Justify by His Blood, all for whom He died and Represented !

Last edited:

TruthSetsFree

Who Justifieth the Ungodly

Rom 4:5

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Rom 5:6

For when we [The elect] were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

before God..

dont know what version of the Bible u use

but i have never read a version that said... "without strenth"

in any case... not sure what your point is??

everyone knows that is Christ who saves...

christians anyhow belive that..

didnt read the whole post because... didn't agree w/ the wording of the 1st part

but i thought maybe u could put it clearly what the point is?

beloved57

It is not Faith itself that Justifies the Elect, but God Himself Rom 8:33

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

It is He that Imputes Righteousness unto them on behalf of Christ's Work for them, and that is what Faith has at it's view when God reveals this Righteousness Inputed by the Preaching of the Gospel to them Rom 1:16-17, so it is each child of Abraham will as Abraham did, have the Gospel Preached individually to them Gal 3:8

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

By the Spirit's application of it to their minds and hearts, and God given Faith will embrace it and embrace Him that did Justify, God or God through Christ Isa 53:11

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

beloved57

To be Justified by Faith we have Peace with God !

Rom 5:1

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

To be Justified by Faith we have Peace with God : But now Christ is Our Peace with God before We believe Eph 2:14 However ones Peace consciously or knowingly comes through our believing after it is revealed , by the Power of the Holy Spirit Rom 15:13

13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Last edited:

beloved57

Now Being Justified by His Blood !

Rom 5:9

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Being rendered Righteous by His Blood. Now what Paul means is that God has imputed Righteousness to everyone Christ has died for, which also ensures they all will be saved from wrath [second death] through Him. No one Christ died shall ever see the Wrath of God ! 1 Thess 1:10

And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

The Fact that Christ was raised from the dead after dying for all those He died for, that fact ensures they all shall be and even are delivered from the Wrath to come ! Rom 4:25 tells us all whom He died, that His resurrection in their behalf evidences their Justification Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for [because of] our offences, and was raised again for[because of] our justification.

Thats why Paul says " Now being Justified by His Blood" because the resurrection proved that the Blood did just that ! Isa writes Isa 53:11

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

He Justified many because He bear their iniquties or shed His Blood !

The word Justify in Isa 53:11 is the hebrew word tsadaq and means:

to be just, be righteous

a) (Qal)

1) to have a just cause, be in the right

2) to be justified

3) to be just (of God)

4) to be just, be righteous (in conduct and character)

b) (Niphal) to be put or made right, be justified

c) (Piel) justify, make to appear righteous, make someone righteous

d) (Hiphil)

1) to do or bring justice (in administering law)

2) to declare righteous, justify

3) to justify, vindicate the cause of, save

4) to make righteous, turn to righteousness

e) (Hithpael) to justify oneself

So everyone He died for is declared Righteous, so Imputation has taken Place.

This declaration is before Faith or before we believe, for Christ's Blood was accepted by God In satisfaction for all the sins of everyone He died for over 2000 yrs ago, which means our Justification by Christ's Blood is at least that old !

Last edited:

beloved57

Being Justified by His Grace !

Titus 3:7

7 That being justified by his grace, we [The Elect] should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

This does refer back to Titus 1:1-2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

In other words since all the Election of Grace has been Justified by Grace, it is only becoming that each one of them should be made experientially an Heir of Promise by New Birth. We are made meet as it is stated here Col 1:12-13

12 Giving thanks unto the Father not our freewill, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Also it is what is meant in 2 Cor 5:21 to be made the Righteousness of God. The word made here in 2 Cor 5:21 and Titus 3:7 is the greek word ginomai and means:

to become, i.e. to come into existence, begin to be, receive being

This speaks of becoming a New Creature, a New being or Birth or man in Christ !

Also Rom 5:19b

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Being Justified by Christ's Blood or Obedience, we shall be made experientially Righteous [By New Birth] Just as because of Adam's disobedience we were made experientially unrighteous or sinners or ungodly !

Last edited:

beloved57

For God Justifieth the Ungodly !

Rom 4:5

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

This scripture is pretty plain, the sense of which tells us that God Justifies or is Justifying those who are in a state of the Ungodly. The word ungodly is the greek word Asebes and means:

destitute of reverential awe towards God, condemning God, impious

So in light of this, if we are Justified before God at all, it was before our believing, for scripture never calls a Believer Ungodly, so we would be Justified before we believe or are called believers as here Acts 5:14

And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women )

1 Tim 4:12

Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

Yes, for as Reconciliation, we were reconciled to God , while yet being enemies or unbelievers, by the Death or Blood of God's Son Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

So we were Justified and reconciled before God by the Death of God's Son, while being enemies or unbelievers, for how could we be one without the other ; that is Reconciled to God, before His Law and Justice, and yet not Justified before God"s Law and Justice by the same Death or Blood of Christ , while being enemies ?

For God doeth both Justifieth and Reconciles the Ungodly by the Blood of Christ, only false brethren deny this Truth !

Last edited:

beloved57

The Elect of God does not receive a knowledge or spiritual comfort of their Justification before God before Faith, however all of them in spite of their knowledge of it, are free from any condemnation and eternal vengeance that belongs to their sins, even before they become believers, for they all were accepted in the Beloved, and declared Righteous by the Father, because non of their sins had been imputed to them ! Eph 1:4-6, and they were totally absolved of any Punishment due them before they believed as after they believed, because the Redemption price had already been paid for their remission, all their sins had been born 1 Pet 2:24, The Soul of Christ had been Offered for them Isa 53:10

Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

So the Elect of God are born Children of wrath as others by nature, but with this difference, they are absolved from all obligation to do anything that gives to God the least satisfaction for their sins, this before he receives the knowledge of the remission of sins by Faith !

beloved57

The scripture is pretty clear about the fact that those Christ died for, even while they are enemies, that is even while they are in hostile unbelief, they have nevertheless been reconciled / justified to God, by His Death; Now that being the case, it is inconsistent with reconciliation, for any for whom Christ died, that even while they are enemies in unbelief, to yet be under the God's wrath and condemnation as per Jn 3:18,36

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

That cannot apply to any Christ died for while in unbelief

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Thats impossible for the wrath of God to be abiding on anyone reconciled to God by the death of His Son, even while they believeth not !

Last edited:

beloved57

What is Justification ?

One writer wrote and I quote:

Justification is an act of God's Sovereign pleasure constituting persons Righteous in the Righteousness of Another and eternally promising to the Lord Redeemer, a discharge to them upon his engagement to perform Covenant conditions perfectly for them. This sovereign Will and Compact of God that unalterably fixes the end, fixes the means conducing thereunto; and this is one of the principal means, that they should of themselves lose their own personal righteousness in Adam their Head, so that they might be alone completely Righteous in the Righteousness of the Redeemer. So far as they are to be understood to have a Representative being in their Everlasting Head, so far as considered in Him they were never otherwise than righteous. Richard Davis {Vindication of the Doctrine of Justification and Union before Faith, 1698.}

Now Two Points of note here. That is all the conditions for Justification before God, hath been fulfilled by Christ, for each Person He knew and died for Isa 53:11

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many;[Why?] for he shall bear their iniquities.

It was also said of Old of Him to them I have given thee a Covenant unto the People/ Gentiles Isa 42:6-7

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

This scripture passage informs us a Mystery, that some Gentiles were partakers of the Covenant's of Promise made to Israel Eph 2:11-12

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. Which Blood is that of the New Covenant Matt 26:28

Isa 42:6 is such Covenant Promise to Israel

Also this Covenant is the Everlasting Covenant, known in time as the New Covenant.

Secondly ,It should not be ignored that the blessed effects of the Covenant, which Christ fulfilled, that these effects are made good to the Heirs of the Covenant, not for their sakes primarily, but for the sake of Him who fulfilled all the conditions of the Covenant, on their behalf, Christ ! For instance, forgiveness of all their sins [Justification] is for HIS SAKE as stated here 1 Jn 2:12

12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

This is a bullet to the head to all conditionalist, who falsely teach one is forgiven upon conditions, such as faith or repentance, thats not Truth, they are forgiven for His Names Sake. More scripture to confirm this point Eph 4:32

32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

And since Christ is also God it reads Isa 43:25

25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Thats remission of sins also. Sins can never be charged to anyone Christ died for as a matter of condemnation, that is why forgiveness of sins is also a branch of Justification !

This should stop the mouth's of those false teachers who conditions forgiveness or Justification before God on the sake of mens performances, such as Faith or Repentance!

Last edited:

beloved57

The Difference !

There is a big difference in Justification before God by the Death of Christ, and Justification before our conscious by the Gift of Faith given in the New Birth. Yes even conscious Justification which brings purification and peace of heart or mind, however receiving those blessings are not Justification itself, that fact is purely and solely accomplished by the Work of Christ, His Blood, which took away our sins, before the Law and Justice of God ! His Blood cleanses us from all sin, whether we believe it or not or know it or not, that fact still remains and is credited solely to the Blood of Christ ! Rom 5:9

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Notice Justification while being saved is future !

Last edited:

SeraphimsCherub

Is the most AMAZING verse in all of SCRIPTURE! One that makes the self-righteous cringe,and nash with their teeth about! They can't bear the thought that their most holy works,and deeds by which they seek the praises of men,and to be seen of them. So that they may glory in their self-made GOLDEN IMAGE,and PRETTY VIRTUE! Which are like filthy rotten rags in the eye's of GOD!

Blessings...
SC

beloved57

What is Justification by Faith ?

Justification by faith is God's declaring personally to a person, in their consciousness, that by Christ, His Blood, they are made just, they are forgiven of all their sins, have no condemnation in Christ, so that the person perceives and lays hold of this Divine declaration by Holy Spirit given Faith. Faith or believing in Christ is not an act man performs as an condition in order to their Justification before God, for that automatically defaults to Justification by my works, and not by faith in its proper sense. Therefore faith is the primary instrument by which God declares or makes known to the Justified, that he or she is Justified, so faith is the substance of things hoped for , the reality of things [spiritual] not seen.

Last edited:

SeraphimsCherub

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Here we can see that it is the Divine Faith "of" JESUS,which gives us the power to "believe" "in" JESUS.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

beloved57

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Here we can see that it is the Divine Faith "of" JESUS,which gives us the power to "believe" "in" JESUS.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Heb 12:2

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;

beloved57

The Resurrection of Christ declares Justification before God !

Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Thats Right, Christ's Resurrection equals our Justification if He died for our offences !

That all those for whom Christ died, being that all their offenses were imputed to His account, so that for them He was delivered to death, so it was, that when He was raised again, it was for or because of their Justification, that is to say, that His Resurrection was a declaration of His and their Justification before God. It does not say that He rose again for the future purpose of their Justification, but because of, for that reason, was He raised again, because of their [The Ones He died for] Justification ! If Christ had not risen, faith would be vain, because those He died for would yet still be in their sins, unjustified before God.

Those who teach that Christ's Death alone does not satisfy God's Law and Justice for their Justification before God, but a subsequent work of the Spirit is needed or any type of application of it is needed to the ones Justified by Christ's Blood, they are liars and Antichrist ! Thats taking away from the Accomplishment of Christ's Blood alone !

Last edited: