Preaching the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The Gospel of YOUR Salvation !

Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

The Gospel of your Salvation or the Gospel of the Salvation of you !

Those who have been saved by Christ, and regenerated by the Spirit, God sends them the Gospel of their Salvation, this is because they are saved, for God does not deceive , for God does not send a People the Word of their Salvation [ Acts 13:26], and yet that person or persons be in a lost state ! For quite frankly, the Gospel is hid to them that are Lost [ 2 Cor 4:3]

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

The second hid is in the greek a Perfect Tense, It has been hid from them once and for all in the past with effects up into the present, God never sends them the Gospel as a word of their Salvation, because they are Lost forever !

The Gospel comes to those who are being saved in the present tense Per 1 Cor 1:18

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish[lost] foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Saved here is in the present tense, and passive voice here, they are being saved, they are passive !

The Gospel comes to the saved individual and they hear it [spiritually] and Trust and or Believe. Its not a decision time at all, but they are Enlightened of an spiritual reality ! See Lk 2:32 !

Those who teach Eph 1:13 as one having to meet a condition to get saved, such as faith, are perverting the scriptures and Truth of God to their own destruction !

The problem with all of this is, once again, the bible contradicts it. Even a single counter example in scripture blows this entire idea into dust...

Luke 7:30 But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the will of God for themselves, not having been baptized by him.

In the original, the word translated as "the will" is "boulē". It is the strongest possible term in the Greek language for the "the will". It isn't merely a passing or otherwise trivial preference, it is what God wanted to happen, it is THE divine will of God that the Calvinists acknowledge as the "immutable counsel" of God. It's the same word that is translated as "His counsel" use in Hebrew 6...

Hebrews 6:13 For when God made a promise to Abraham, because He could swear by no one greater, He swore by Himself, 14 saying, “Surely blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply you.” 15 And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise. 16 For men indeed swear by the greater, and an oath for confirmation is for them an end of all dispute. 17 Thus God, determining to show more abundantly to the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath, 18 that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us.

And this is just one single example. There are several places in the bible where God's will is resisted, altered and even thwarted! So, not only does God send the gospel to people who never get saved but God's will, including His grace (i.e. salvation), is anything but irresistible. On the contrary, it is resisted by most of those to whom it is offered.

Not, by the way, that anyone should need this pointed out to them! Anyone who reads the bible at all knows intuitively that this is so. You have to have your mind twisted out of shape to even think in any terms similar to the nonsense that Calvinism would have you accept as truth. There is no way to arrive at their doctrine by having simply read the scripture. It is a doctrine that has to be brought to the scripture and the scripture then must be "interpreted" to support it as is the case with every distinctively Calvinist doctrine.

Clete

Nanja

2 Tim 1:9 is the Gospel also !

2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

We have here the Key Elements of Truth that form the Everlasting Gospel, according to the Eternal Purpose of God in Christ Jesus.

Rev 14:6

And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

Eph 3:11

11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: Note: This Eternal Purpose is the Gospel message also !

Now understanding this Truth dispels with many many false gospels that pervade the world today, such perverted gospels as that , Grace is offered, or made available to all without exception. This is grave error, for those saved by Grace in the Time state, meaning conversion Titus 2:11ff, was given to them in Christ Jesus, their Mediator, before the World Began, and at no time is an offer !

Of a Truth, Brother !

Nanja

Salvation was Given Us before the world began !

2 Tim 1:8-10

8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Paul here tells Timothy or rather reminds him that all whom are saved in time, that are saved by Grace through Faith, that they were given this Eternal Salvation in Christ before the World Began. For God had Purposed it, and gave us Grace in Christ before the world began in order to experience in time ! In other words the Grace that doth save the Elect in time Eph 2:5-8

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

That Grace here in Eph 2:8 was actually given to us in Christ 2 Tim 1:9 before the world began !

Its the Grace of our Election in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4-6

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

The same Grace as in 2 Tim 1:9

This is the Gospel Paul encouraged Timothy to be partakers of the afflictions of the Gospel 2 Tim 1:8 !

Amen Brother ! The Truths revealed in these verses 2 Tim. 1:8-10 apply specifically to God's Elect, the "US ", who were already Saved and given Grace in Christ Jesus before the world began: before they had an actual Creation Being in Time. And it was to these Blessed ones exclusively, that Salvation is received by them experimentally in Time when thy are Born of The Spirit John 3:3-7.

Rom. 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

John 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

The "all we" here are the only portion of mankind that were given Grace in Christ before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9.

These Spiritual Truths however, cannot be received in the mind of the natural man:

1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

beloved57

Amen Brother ! The Truths revealed in these verses 2 Tim. 1:8-10 apply specifically to God's Elect, the "US ", who were already Saved and given Grace in Christ Jesus before the world began: before they had an actual Creation Being in Time. And it was to these Blessed ones exclusively, that Salvation is received by them experimentally in Time when thy are Born of The Spirit John 3:3-7.

Rom. 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

John 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

The "all we" here are the only portion of mankind that were given Grace in Christ before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9.

These Spiritual Truths however, cannot be received in the mind of the natural man:

1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Testify Sister !

Nanja

When did He Lay them ?

Isa 53:6

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Those for whom Christ died, God did long before they believed, had laid their sins or iniquity upon Christ, this legally, Judicially, imputatively, and so the guilt of them and legal condemnation of them, first incurred in Adam, as their Natural and Federal Head, as well as their own actual transgressions in time, these were never laid upon them, or charged upon them, yes, even before they believed ! In God's Eternal Purpose, He never laid iniquity on the elect Christ died for, but He laid upon Him, the Iniquity of us All, meaning All the Sheep Jn 10:11,15 !

Exactly Brother ! Not all mankind without exception, or those who would choose of their own freewill to accept Him:

But only and exclusively for His Sheep or Elect, for they are one and the same:

Rom. 8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

God has never laid a single charge of sin to His Sheep / Elect because He laid them all upon Christ their Surety Heb. 7:22 and Chief Shepherd 1 Pet. 5:4.

Ps. 32:2 Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity

Their iniquity has been charged to their Saviour: The Lamb Rev. 13:8 foreordained before the foundation of the world 1 Pet. 1:20 !

beloved57

Exactly Brother ! Not all mankind without exception, or those who would choose of their own freewill to accept Him:

But only and exclusively for His Sheep or Elect, for they are one and the same:

Rom. 8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

God has never laid a single charge of sin to His Sheep / Elect because He laid them all upon Christ their Surety Heb. 7:22 and Chief Shepherd 1 Pet. 5:4.

Ps. 32:2 Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity

Their iniquity has been charged to their Saviour: The Lamb Rev. 13:8 foreordained before the foundation of the world 1 Pet. 1:20 !

Amen!🙂

Nanja

Preaching or Testifying the Gospel of God's Grace !

Acts 20:24

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

In doing this, its no more than what is called today Testifying or preaching of the Doctrines of Grace or its called Tulip, which again is nothing but a nickname for the Gospel of God's Grace. The T known as total depravity is merely God setting the foundation as to why the other doctrines of Grace are imperative or indispensable, because Total depravity informs us of our condition by Natural Birth because of being born sinners, dead in trespasses and sins. This Truth of the Gospel is also called man's total inability, pointing out inability to do good [spiritually], and this is a difficult pill to swallow for the pride and vanity of us men, but nevertheless scripture does testify Rom 3:12

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good[spiritual good], no, not one. Through the fall, spiritually we are unable to do and are worthless, and yes God knew this when He told proud wicked cain this Gen 4:7

7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

The problem though, is that man cannot do well enough to be accepted of God , a lesson the Young Rich Ruler had to find out.

However man's inability to do good [spiritually] is only but part of the problem for man, the other part is that man by nature is only energized to do evil while in Nature, so it is written even of the Elect Eph 2:2-3

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Thats all we could do, that is why freewill is a lie also ! We could not will ourselves out of this walk, even when we are very moral and religious by nature, this is still our walk. Religious Lust as in 2 Tim 4:3

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

You see, spiritual death by nature is not some stagnated state of being, but is an active living state of being, but it is like how Paul describes the you widow 1 Tim 5:6

But she that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth. Where dead here means spiritually dead !

It is a manner of life to be the walking dead by nature, without any ability or strength to do a shred of good Rom 5:6 to cause God to accept us. The plain fact is, that by nature men are always actively evil Gen 6:5

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

And many of these people were moral and religious ! Its the same today on the brink of Christ's Second Coming see Matt 24:37-38, but yet Gen 6:5 applied !

And we are darkness itself Eph 5:8a

For ye were sometimes darkness This is why technically men by nature no more retain the Image of God, because God is Light and in Him is no darkness at all ! 1 Jn 1:5

The Problem is this, man by nature is spiritually dead, dead in sin, man is not merely sick, though sick he is, but he is dead, dead to the degree that he cannot even cooperate. Yes it is a state of hopelessness, as it regards man, and so Jesus aptly put it Matt 19:26

But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Salvation, being Saved is only Possible by God's Ability ! Jesus is saying, that Salvation for men is impossible unless it is totally performed by God, for Jesus is alluding to the New Birth, being made a New Creation ! Now can man assist or cooperate in his Creation ? Other than that, we as men are utterly lost and ruined ! This is the Gospel of God's Grace !

Amen Brother, the Gospel of God's Grace gives all the Glory to God, and not one iota to the performance of spiritual duties by anyone with regard to Salvation.

Last edited:

Nanja

The Gospel declares or proclaims the good news of the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ for our sins, but we must add as a clarification, lest we preach a false gospel, that His Death , burial, and Resurrection of 1 Cor 15:3-4 was for God's Elect Only Rom 8:33-34

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Or Christ's Sheep Jn 10:15

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

And He rose as the Great Shepherd of the sheep Heb 13:20

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again[or resurrection] from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

This must be made clear without any compromise. This Gospel message calls and produces Faith in God's Elect, and by this God gathers His Church ! Yes, just as True is the Death of Christ was strictly for the Church, that He Loved and gave Himself for Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

The Church is God's World Jn 3:16

But to say or to slightly imply or fail to clarify who Christ died for, is a false gospel !

Amen!

Nanja

Preaching all the counsel of God in the Gospel !

Acts 20:24-27

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

26 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.

27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

In Preaching the Gospel of God's Grace, we cannot shun or keep back in declaring all the counsel of God See Eph 1:11

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Of which counsel is the Election of Grace, and the Reprobation of the rest; Quite frankly there could be no Election of Grace unto Salvation without also being no election to damnation, sense that is how God Purposed to manifest His Saving Grace ! Neither are either Election of grace or damnation of reprobation based upon seen conditions, there were no seen conditions in them that God Elected or Rejected, this is indicated here Rom 9:11

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth )

Gods Grace given to some and withheld from others is based solely upon God's own Good Pleasure, for the Praise of the Glory of His Grace Eph 1:6; Now if we do not preach Grace and Salvation in this manner, then we are guilty of shunning to declare all the counsel of God in the Gospel !

Absolutely correct Brother !

I remember a Wise Man once said, and I quote:

"When God makes something, the thing made did not have a choice to be made !"

Right Divider

Body part
According to your theory (God's immutable choice of who will be saved and who will not), there is no reason to preach the gospel at all.

Nanja

According to your theory (God's immutable choice of who will be saved and who will not), there is no reason to preach the gospel at all.

God has a twofold Purpose for the Preaching of the Gospel:

2 Cor. 2:14-16

14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

Firstly: For the Saved Elect, God Purposed the Preaching of the Gospel to be a Witness to their Eternal Salvation 2 Tim. 1:9.

Secondly: For the Eternally Lost and perishing, God Purposed the Preaching of the Gospel to be a savour of death unto death,
which only adds to their sins and condemnation which they so justly deserve, according to God's Law and Justice.

Mat. 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

beloved57

God has a twofold Purpose for the Preaching of the Gospel:

2 Cor. 2:14-16

14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

Firstly: For the Saved Elect, God Purposed the Preaching of the Gospel to be a Witness to their Eternal Salvation 2 Tim. 1:9.

Secondly: For the Eternally Lost and perishing, God Purposed the Preaching of the Gospel to be a savour of death unto death,
which only adds to their sins and condemnation which they so justly deserve, according to God's Law and Justice.

Mat. 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Very Well said my Sister!

Nanja

Gospel Mystery !

Preaching Christ is Preaching God's Mystery Col 2:2

That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;[/B]

And this Mystery must be revealed 1 Cor 2:6-8

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7 But we speak the wisdom of God[ 1 Cor 1:24] in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Eph 6:19

19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

1 Tim 3:9

Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.

The Gospel of Christ, the Mystery of Christ cannot be apprehended by our natural understanding. You think Paul says in vain here 1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

What spiritual things is Paul referring to here ? This 1 Cor 2:1-2

And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

The Things of the Cross, to the natural mind they are foolishness. Paul says it more clearer here 1 Cor 1:18

18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

To them that perish or to them of a natural mind ! So how is it that many these days say the natural man can choose to believe the Preaching of the Cross ? They have to tear these scripture testimonies out of the bible !

Exactly Brother !

They are Liars 1 Cor. 2:14 !

Nanja

Non Imputation of sin to God's Elect !

This Gospel Truth of non Imputation of sin to God's Elect, those who Christ has died for, is most Illustrated in this OT story, that of balaam, and it was so occasion that these words of God were spoken Num 23:21

21 He hath not beheld iniquity in Jacob, neither hath he seen perverseness in Israel: the Lord his God is with him, and the shout of a king is among them.

Now we must not conclude from this that God did not actually see all the sins that this people did commit daily, their idolatries, their sinful murmuring and complaining against God and His servants, like Moses, but God never see's iniquity in that people as to charge it against them, or to impute it as to curse them, as it does to all outside of Christ, and of which in the story here balaam attempted to do out of covetousness,which he was hired to do, and so it is with the Israel or Jacob of God, whom satan would accuse before God as law breakers Rev 12:10 but as with Israel of old the Type of the Church or Israel of God, the Law of God cannot curse God's whom Christ died for because of non imputation ! Lets look at Rom 4:7-8

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

This automatically lets us no that those whose sins are not imputed to them, means that they forgiven !

2 Cor 5:19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Hence this world is a forgiven world, because its sins were not imputed to it.

Now answer me this, at what time did God ever account His Israel of God in Christ, to not to impute sin unto it, if He actually did not do it in Himself before the world began ?

Amen Brother ! This Elect World, the Israel of God Is. 45:17; the Seed of Christ; the Spiritual Seed of Abraham Gal. 3:16, 29, was Blessed to have no sin imputed to it before the World began.

Hence they were always in a state of Reconciliation Rom. 5:9-10 and at Peace with God.

In contrast though, is the Condemned World 1 Cor. 11:32, consisting of those who were always in a state of condemnation and under God's Wrath;

John 3:18, 36

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 8:23-24 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

So then, if any are teaching that the World of 2 Cor. 5:19 means all individuals without exception, we know from the Scripture that they are liars.

Last edited:

Nanja

Salvation is based on a Promise !

One of the things that proves universal atonement an error, is the Salvation or Eternal Life is premised upon God's Promise, and the Promise is limited to a certain, particular People, so unless one believes in particular Atonement , they do not have True God given Faith, or the Faith of God's Elect ! Titus 1:1-2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

There is only one people that God has promised to save, and that is Israel, the Israel of God, a Elect People. Isa 45:17

But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Yes, the World of Israel shall be saved in the Lord ! Thats a Promise, and God given Faith only embraces God's Word of Promise.

Paul when preaching the Gospel made it specifically clear that God according to Promise, raised up a Saviour unto Israel Acts 13:23

Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Paul preached this same Truth to the Gentiles the following Sabbath Acts 13:42

42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

This was all providentially arranged, because Paul had earlier been set apart for the Ministry unto the Gentiles Acts 13:1-2

Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.

2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

So the sermon Paul Preached to the jews about God having raised up to Israel an Saviour according to Promise, particularly this one Isa 45:17 and perhaps this one as well Isa 45:25

In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

The Gospel Promised applied to the Gentiles as well, Yes, the Gospel Promises of Salvation of Israel applied to Gentiles, but it was a Mystery ! Eph 3:6

That the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

What Promise of the Gospel ? This One Isa 45:17

But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: you shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

That is a Gospel Promise, Eternal Salvation !

However, the Gentiles are part of a salvation Promise that is for only a Specific People, Israel ! So even as a Gentile one would have to embrace that Salvation was promised to only a Specific People ! The Mystery was that, some Gentiles belonged to that Specific seed Israel that God Promised to save ! Now unless we believe this, that Salvation was only for a Specific People, and not the Whole World in General, then we do not have True Biblical God given Faith !

Amen Brother, absolutely True !

The natural man [not born again John 3:3] has not been given Faith Gal. 5:22, so he cannot hear Gospel Truth Rom. 10:17;

For one must be born of God [made spiritually alive] to hear God's Words.

John 8:43, 47

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

The natural man cannot receive the things of God.

1 Cor. 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.