Preaching the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

more on Eternal Justification

more on Eternal Justification

These persons, who were objects of the everlasting love and mercy of God, He had determined to save and not punish them for their sins, so in essence, He never appointed them to wrath [condemnation], but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ 1 Thess 5:9; and those God did not appoint to wrath are those He did not impute sin to 2 Cor 5:19

19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Rom 4:7-8

7Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Where there is no sin imputed, there is Justification ! Blessed are they whom it is true of.

Moreover, those whom no sin was imputed unto, they were chosen by Him to obtain salvation, [by the instrumental means of] A Sovereign work of the Spirit] sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the Truth see 2 Thess 2:13

For the Truth sets them free [ Jn 8:32]. Now as many as are of this everlasting appointment, sin not imputed unto them, they have believed, or do believe or shall believe Jn 17:20, as many as had been appointed to eternal life Acts 13:48

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Those here in Acts 13 :48, had been prepared by the Sovereign work of the Spirit as in 2 Thess 2:13

All this results from Gods eternal purpose for them 2 Tim 1:9

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

And nothing they did in time.

Last edited:

beloved57

Eternal Justification and the Everlasting Covenant !

Now in order to secure their [ eternally Justified] salvation in time and glory hereafter, God the Father determined by His own counsel, He proposed to the Son [in the everlasting covenant] that He should become like unto His Brethren [ Heb 2:16-17] and in the likeness of their flesh [Rom 8:3], suffer for their [His brethren, not every individual in the world] iniquities, and obey the Holy Law of God for them, in order that, The Father s's Honor and Justice may be vindicated, and His rich mercy and Grace be put on display, for each chosen vessel of mercy Christ represented. In Christ's willingness in this proposed plan and pact, we hear Him thusly " Lo I come, I delight to do thy will O God".

The Mediator addresses Him as God, proving that He was acting in a covenant capacity. Now upon Christ consenting and performing His engagement, His work, the Father promised Him a Glorious reward and return, Hence after suffering and dying, He entered into His Glory Lk 24:26

Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

God the Father promised Him [ The Son] in His engagement, that He would not fail or be discouraged, which strengthened Christ and gave Him Divine Assistance, throughout His work.

Isa 42:4

He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.

The Isles shall wait for His Law, or His Gospel, for many of them will be made to believe in Him, as a result of His work.

Remember Paul says of them, when turning from the jews, He states:

Acts 28:28

Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

Why ? Because they are the other Sheep that will hear His voice that are not of the jewish fold Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Paul here in Acts 28:28 is referring to the same thing Jesus is in Jn 10:16

God promised Him that His People will be made willing in the Day of His Power Ps 110:1-3

1The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

2 The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

4 The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever
after the order of Melchizedek.

Thats why the resurrected Christ told His disciples to go preach the gospel in all the world , because Matt 28:18

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

He was now in the Day of His power, His Mediatorial Power, and by His merits, His chosen People will be made willing.

So God promised Him the satisfaction of seeing His seed converted unto Him, for His reward Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

As David said, so is it doubly true for His Lord Ps 51:13

13Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

Last edited:

beloved57

more on eternal justification and why !

The elect were eternally Justified before God because they were blest with all spiritual blessings in Christ before the foundation, and if this is true, so they were blest with Justification !

Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Now, there is no experiential, subjective Justification for the elect until after they have born again in time, but , that is sure to come because of what they have been given in Christ before the foundation.

Another scripture that confirms this Truth is 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Notice that grace was given us [ the chosen] when ? Before the world began !

Its this grace we were Justified before God by. Titus 3:7

7 That being justified by his grace [Given before the world began]
, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

God Loved us the elect from eternity in Christ, and made us accepted in Him Eph 1:6

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace [Given us before the world began], wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

The elect were not accepted [in Christ] by their Faith nor their repentance in time.

This again proves eternal justification.

Last edited:

beloved57

When Christ became surety !

Heb 7:22

22By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament or covenant.

Heb 13:20

Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

When was Jesus setup as the surety of the verlasting covenant ? Why from everlasting, Mic 5:2

2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Prov 8:22
The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

When Christ, as a surety, pledged for the elect, they were Justified, that is at the very same time in eternity, before the world began, and the sins of His church was imputed to Him and not to them, that was the remission of their sins, and made them Just and righteous, they were in the mind of God actively Justified.

2 cor 5:19

19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation

I believe the above took place in the eternal counsel of God, when Christ agreed to the surety of the elect world , the church.

More scripture proof, that the elect were Justified from everlasting.
progress.gif

Last edited:

beloved57

God chose not to punish sin in His elect !

God chose not to punish sin in His elect !

From all eternity God decreed not to punish sin in His elect people, but in His Son. His eternal purpose to punish sin in Jesus christ [ the lamb slain from the foundation] that obviously included His will not to punish sin in the chosen, that is their Justification from all sin in His sight.

patricius79

From all eternity God decreed not to punish sin in His elect people, but in His Son. His eternal purpose to punish sin in Jesus christ [ the lamb slain from the foundation] that obviously included His will not to punish sin in the chosen, that is their Justification from all sin in His sight.

I agree with Romans 8:28,29,30 and similar.

It should be made clear to people also that God the Son has expiated the sins of "the whole world" (1 Jn 2:2).

That is why people can be saved if they will submit to God's righteousness. Cf. Rom 10:3.

In this way they can have the peace and joy of love that God intended for everyone

beloved57

The Gospel establishes the Law.

Rom 3:31

31Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

The gospel through being preached by God called men establishes the law, in that it informs us, that God will write His Laws in the Hearts of His Chosen people [Heb 8:10], that He will impart a principle of holiness and obedience [ Ezk 36:26-27] agreeable and conformable to the nature of His Laws.

The gospel [ to the saved] furnishes us with the gracious motives and powerful influence for the practice of good works, those motives being from the knowledge of the free forgiveness of our sins, our acceptance in Christ, His imputed righteousness, and a entitlement to life eternal.

Eph 1:4-8

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

In this way, the Gospel establishes the Law !

Last edited:

beloved57

to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Acts 20:24

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

The gospel of the grace of God declares, makes known the eternal purposes of Grace to those given grace in Christ Jesus before the world began ! 2 Tim 1:8-9

8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

So its no doubt that Paul's testimony of the Gospel of Gods grace in Acts 20:24

centered in the eternal divine purpose of Grace given [the elect] in Christ before the world began. 2 Tim 1:9

Last edited:

beloved57

Whats preached now a days as the gospel, is nothing but the doctrines and traditions of men. It is no gospel in telling people what they must and can do or be damned for non compliance. To mandate dead sinners to repent and believe the gospe to get saved implies that they have the ability to do so, [ a denial of total inability, dead in sin] and that they will be rewarded if they do with life eternal.

Whereas the True Gospel proclaims a Risen Saviour, exalted to be a Prince and a Saviour, without conditionally requiring repentance, but to give repentance to Israel [ Gods Chosen] and the forgiveness of sins. Acts 5:31

31Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

The True gospel reveals to us that are His people, that it is the exclusive work of the Risen Christ, now on His Mediator Throne and High Priest function, to give [ not offer] repentance as it is to give forgiveness of sins.

The word repentance is the greek word
metanoia :

a change of mind,

The Truth therefore is that the risen Christ gives His chosen [Israel] a change of mind.

Now, how many preach this good news today ? For Peter sure preached it, and we know of a surety He is called of God. And He found out later that the Israel / Chosen that The Saviour gives repentance to includes gentiles too. Acts 11:18

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

He hath also to the gentiles granted a change of mind unto life !

Last edited:

patricius79

rom 3:

31Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

The gospel through being preached by God called men establishes the law, in that it informs us, that God will write His Laws in the Hearts of His chosen people [heb 8:10], that He will impart a principle of holiness and obedience [ ezk 36:26-27] agreeable and conformable to the nature of His Laws.

The gospel [ to the saved] furnishes us with the gracious motives and powerful influence for the practice of good works, those motives being from the knowledge of the free forgiveness of our sins, our acceptance in Christ, His imputed righteousness, and a entitlement to life eternal.

eph 1:

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

8Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

In this way, the Gospel establishes the Law !

Amen.

beloved57

Who is the Gospel Preached to ?

Who is the Gospel Preached to ? Truly the Gospel is preached to everyone that God sees fit to hear it, but His purpose for them hearing it is different, for different classes of people. For some He wants it to be life unto life, and for some He wants to hear it for death unto death per 2 Cor 2:14-16

14Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

15For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

16To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

But I want to zero in on those for whom it was designed by God to be a good news for, life unto life !

Lets see how scripture Illustrates and gives meaning to the gospel. We shall compare Isa 61 1 with Lk 4 18

isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

Lk 4:18

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Now we can see what the prophet called good tidings, Jesus calls the gospel, and both Our Lord and the Prophet tell us who these gospel tidings are specifically preached to. The Prophet says that the good tidings are to the meek, and Jesus says to the poor !

I believe the meek and the poor are the same. Lets look for a moment at what Jesus says about the poor, which I believe is what is in view here Matt 5:

3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Notice poor in Spirit, this is not speaking about financially poor, though financially poor people can be poor in Spirit.

The promise to these poor is the Kingdom of Heaven ! James says of them James 2:5

Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

This poor is a chosen people, and they are chosen to Faith. They have been alloted precious Faith to them by God and their Saviour Jesus Christ 2 Pet 1:1

1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

The poor in Spirit are those whom God makes them feel their moral and spiritual bankruptcy.

Many are poor, but don't know it as in Rev 3:17

17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

But, that's why Jesus says blessed are them who are [feelingly so] poor in spirit.

Thats why they are blessed, because they are not like those who are poor and think themselves rich, but they are knowingly and experientially poor in Spirit, and to them belongs the Kingdom of Heaven.

And it is God who maketh poor ! 1 Sam 2:6

6 The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up.

7 The LORD maketh poor,

Only God the Holy Spirit can make one feel poor in Spirit, for He convinces the heirs of salvation of their sin !

In line with this, Jesus says He was sent to heal the brokenhearted ! The word here is the greek word:

break, to break in pieces, shiver

2) to tread down

a) to put Satan under foot and (as a conqueror) trample on him

b) to break down, crush

1) to tear one's body and shatter one's strength

To heal those who have been made to feel that they are without strength as per

Rom 5:6

For when we [Gods chosen] were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

The mighty freewillers never feel themselves in this condition, for after all, they have freewill like God does, after all they were made in His Image and likeness, and hence, surely God never feels like He is without strength, without ability.

The word without strength means to be impotent as in Acts 4:9

9 If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole;

One of our english dictionaries define impotent as :

[Adjective] Weak; feeble; wanting strength or power; unable by nature, or disabled by disease or accident to perform any act.

But Jesus came to heal the brokenhearted, for by His stripes we are healed Isa 53:5

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Yes His stripes effect for all that he died for, a spiritual healing, it is then, when the healing is applied by the Holy Ghost, that we can perform or act, we can repent or we can believe, but only after the healing virtues of the blood is applied to us by regenerating us , giving us new spiritual life.

The gospel is good news to such ! God sends His Gospel as good news to the poor in spirit, the brokenhearted, those who feel weak, and without strength, impotent..

That would leave out those who have their mighty freewill !

Last edited:

beloved57

We are looking at scripture and its Illustration as to who the Gospel is preached to, this is the testimony of Jesus Christ himself, who should know better than he ?

Lk 4:17-18

17And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

18The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Now we have looked a little at the fact, that the gospel is preached by the Anointed Christ, to everyone ? No sir, but to the poor !

Not offer them the gospel, not make it available to them, but He preached it to them, it was good news to them, for they came to know that the kingdom of heaven was theirs Matt 5:3

3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Oh, did not one of the dying thieves alongside Jesus become poor in Spirit, and did he not hear the blessed good news, that he would inherit the kingdom of heaven !

Lk 23:40-43

40But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

41And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

42And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

43And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Now was not that good news to this poor sinner ? He had done nothing to earn it, just rebuking his thief friend, and asking Jesus to remember him, did not earn him a right to the kingdom of heaven. For the kingdom was prepared for him before the foundation Matt 25:34

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

No, the thief was just blessed of the Father ! Those in the above scripture, who were blessed of the Father, the word blessed in the greek is in the perfect tense, they were once and for all blessed in the past, with results into the present and future. What was the past ? The past would be from the foundation, when the kingdom was prepared for them.

So, the poor in Spirit have been decreed to be the poor in Spirit to whom the Kingdom of heaven belongs.

For God knew who He prepared the Kingdom for, and their names were written in the book of life from the foundation of the world.

Last edited:

beloved57

Biblical meaning of Gospel !

The word Gospel has its root in "Christ before the foundation of the world", being in the Promise that God made before the world began per Titus 1:2

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

The word gospel is the greek word:

euaggelion:

a reward for good tidings

2) good tidings

a) the glad tidings of the kingdom of God soon to be set up, and subsequently also of Jesus the Messiah, the founder of this kingdom. After the death of Christ, the term comprises also the preaching of (concerning) Jesus Christ as having suffered death on the cross to procure eternal salvation for the men in the kingdom of God, but as restored to life and exalted to the right hand of God in heaven, thence to return in majesty to consummate the kingdom of God

b) the glad tidings of salvation through Christ

c) the proclamation of the grace of God manifest and pledged in Christ

Notice, the proclamation of the Grace of God Pledged in Christ !

The Good News[Gospel] is the announcement of the promised Mercy !

Christ is the promise mercy performed ! Lk 1:68-72

68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

71That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

The Holy Covenant is the Everlasting Covenant, being revealed to Gods elect, Adam and Eve and Abraham and ect..

The Gospel is premised on that Eternal Covenant with The Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, His Son, and Promised Eternal Life to Him and to His Seed in Him.

1 Jn 2:25

And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

1 Jn 5:11

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

Last edited:

beloved57

As I have been demonstrating recently in this thread in Isa 61:1-3 is the proclamation of the Gospel and its Promises being fulfilled by The Promised Mercy, Jesus Christ Himself and His recipients of the Gospel Isa 61:1-3

1The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

2To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

3To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

Notice, no conditions for those being blessed , to be fulfilled by them, but only the proclamation and the fulfillment of Promises unto them !

All these promises being fulfilled and applied to the children of Zion [ the elect] intimate the accomplishments of the finished redemption in Christ !

For it is by His stripes they are healed Isa 53:5 & 1 Pet 2:24.

And in the proclamation of this Gospel, this Good News, there is no indication at all of this being a mere offer of salvation or grace, but is a proclaiming of and application of the promised mercies !

When Jesus proclaimed such statements as " If any man thirst, let him come unto me and drink" [ Jn 7:37] He was no more inviting, than He invited the Light when He said, Let there be Light.

No one can in and of themselves thirst for the Living waters which Christ giveth !

Jn 4:13-14

13Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:

14But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

This thirsting is a Kingdom and spiritual blessing Matt 5:6

6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Only those who are quickened into new spiritual life have such a thirst, as Jesus meant in Jn 7:37 !

His words come unto me are spirit and life unto whomsoever He wills !

Jn 6:63

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Jn 5:21

For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

Jesus words are spirit and they are life, and only His Sheep are given to hear them, they know His voice and follow or come to Him, they have no desire nor power to resist their loving shepherd.

The calling of the saints is never intimated in scripture to be a offer , but a demonstration of the effectual working of Gods grace and power, calling His own out of darkness into His marvelous light.

Last edited:

beloved57

The Bible Doctrine of Election, a Gospel Truth

The Bible Doctrine of Election, a Gospel Truth Rom 11:5,7​
5Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
7What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.​
Rom 9:11​
11(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth​
This Gospel doctrine centers around the Truth that all the Heirs of God or Salvation were chosen by Him in Christ Jesus, before the foundation of the world, And as the Elect of God, they were all known, loved, and chosen in Christ, before they where born either of flesh and blood Heb 2:14, or of the Spirit Jn 3​
Notice in Heb 2 14​
14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same;​
This intimates they were children before partaking of flesh and blood.​
Just as God called Jacob and Easu Children before they came in flesh and blood Rom 9:11​
11(For the children being not yet born,)
You see, they were children, though not yet born !​
So the Church, Christ Body, as chosen in Him, were in a eternal vital union with their Glorious Head before Adam was ever fashioned out of the dust, for the Churches life was hid with Christ in God. Col 3:3​
Col 1:17​
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.​
18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning
In the beginning, before all things created, even Adam, He was the Head of the Body, the Church !
Also Col 3:3
3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
This comes from being chosen in and adopted[as Sons or children] in Christ before the world began !
This is Gospel Truth !

Last edited:

beloved57

So the Church, Christ Body,as chosen in Him, were in a eternal vital union with their Glorious Head before Adam was ever fashioned out of the dust, for the Churches life was his with Christ in God.

Col 1:17-18

17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning

In the beginning, before all things created, even Adam, He was the Head of the Body, the Church !

Also Col 3:3

For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

This comes from being chosen in and adopted[as Sons or children] in Christ before the world began !

Lets compare scripture on this Truth 1 Jn 5:7,11

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

11And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

It should not be doubted by those taught of God, to believe that God the Father hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings [in time] in heavenly places in Christ [Eph 2:6] according [ in agreement with] as He hath chosen us in Christ before the foundation of the world Eph 1:3-4. Being appointed, predestined, and ordained, that all those thusly chosen, should in fulness of the dispensation of times, be personally developed as Children of the Flesh [ Adam] by a natural generation; and then afterword's by a spiritual generation or birth to be manifested as the children of God or seed of Christ !

Last edited:

beloved57

The Gospel is not a Offer !

What the Gospel is !

The basic premise of the gospel is not a Offer , but the Good News, that Jesus, the God Man has come to save His People from their sins Matt 1:21

21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

The heart of this Gospel is the cross of Christ, His Taking on the seed of Abraham [Heb 2:16] with their salvation in view, which are Gods elect out of Mankind, a people not mainly in National Israel but out of all Nations. Gen 17:5

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

To teach that the gospel is an offer to all for its acceptance or rejection, is saying that the cross of Christ had no definite end in view with definite effects and accomplishments. That it [The cross] did not ensure or procure the salvation of anyone, but only made it [salvation ] possible for all without exception, which concept is false, it is based upon a faulty understanding of what the atonement is and accomplished ! They teach that the cross of Christ had no definite achievement, beyond only making salvation possible :( !

To preach the Gospel in a way that deprives the cross of its achievement for Gods elect, through Christ, is a False Gospel.

Mk 16:15

15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Lets for a moment look at the word preach ! It is here in Mk 16:15 the greek word kerysso:

to be a herald, to officiate as a herald

a) to proclaim after the manner of a herald

b) always with the suggestion of formality, gravity and an authority which must be listened to and obeyed

2) to publish, proclaim openly: something which has been done

3)
used of the public proclamation of the gospel and matters pertaining to it, made by John the Baptist, by Jesus, by the apostles and other
Christian teachers

This is important, because as we see its definition, not once is it implied or said that Preaching is an offer.

It is the announcement of what Has been done ! Its either believed or not.

Now to preach the gospel to every creature does not even suggest by a long shot that salvation is being made possible for all, but rather means the saving effects of the cross extends beyond the people of the jews unto the gentiles, and that the elect cannot be outwardly distinguished from the non elect, especially when the elect are still unregenerated. The intention however of the True Gospel Preacher is to be used of God in the calling forth of the elect of God to conversion and fellowship into the Gospel..Phil 1:5

For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now;

This end Paul had in mind and understood by what he stated here 2 Tim 2:10

10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they [The elect] may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

What can be more plainer than this, that Paul understood the salvation of Christ Jesus to be for the elect !!

This verse definitely proves that Paul believed salvation was for Gods elect, and Preached it that way..

Last edited:

beloved57

The Myth of the Gospel being a Offer !

The Myth of the Gospel being a Offer to all for its acceptance or rejection is a denial of the doctrine of mans total inability spiritually !

The practice of offering the Gospel to the unsaved is implying they have the ability to exercise a Faith that saves, before being saved by regeneration and the renewal of the Holy Ghost as per Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Hence, there must be a saving work of mercy performed on us by the Holy Ghost, before we can perform any spiritual activity or movement, to deny this is a denial of our native spiritual inability and to place mans effort over Spiritual God given Faith by the renewal of the Holy Ghost.. For Faith is a Fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

The gospel being a offer to one and all in order to get saved, is a repudiation of the need of God's regenerating Grace of the Spirit. If men could believe without this, then what need is it to believe through [by means of] Grace as per Acts 18:27

27And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

The whole of Salvation by Grace through Faith is the gracious Gift of God...

The Gospel message in its God Honoring Doctrines can only be received favorably by those who have been born spiritually, and can spiritually discern its Truth and its not offered to them, but proclaimed to them.

Last edited:

beloved57

A General Proclamation of the Gospel !

Matt 22:1-3

1And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said,

2The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,

3And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.

What we have here is Jesus in parable form describing the general preaching of the Gospel, and of course we know that it was first preached to the nation of Israel, but to later be proclaimed throughout the world..

The King represents God the Father, The Kings Son is Jesus Christ, and the marriage announcement is the external preaching of the Gospel, and the bride is the church, the elect of God, those who were given to the Son [ Jn 6:37-39,44] before the world began by the Father.

So the Gospel message proclaims or sets forth the Marriage Union between Christ the Son and His Church, the Chosen Bride, it proclaims the great Truths of the Everlasting Covenant.

Now it is in this way the Gospel is freely proclaimed to all who come within its proclamation, and all should believe its Truths and facts and fear God for the same. Not to do so is treating the heavenly message and its Author with contempt and making His record of His Son to be a Lie.

1 Jn 5:10

10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

You see John the Baptist knew that it was not all in national Israel Jesus came to save from sin, but the remnant of them that belonged to His Bride, lets look at Jn 3:29

29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. cp Matt 9:

15 And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast.

Jesus was the Bridegroom, and He knew His Bride !

Now If John in Jn 3:29 is referring to Jesus Christ as the bridegroom, then Eph 5 is applicable vs :

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

also Rev 19:7-8

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

So, the general preaching of the Gospel is to set forth the marriage of the Son, and who His Bride is. His Bride is a very particular Bride, not all of humanity, but a select Bride, by the Father.

Thats why Jesus told the multitudes, Jn 6:37,44,65

37All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

65And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

They have to be of the Chosen Bride, Chosen in Him , as Eve was in Adam, before the foundation of the world...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.