Online Prayer Requests

Breathe

And please, if you will, pray that I can find a loving way to tell him that he needs more care than I can give now. I am an only child, and this is breaking my heart.

Breathe

God keep you, Breath, and guide you and your father through a difficult time.

We lost my mother 3 months ago today, and I promised her that I would take care of him. For over two years - while she was in a nursing home - I have done my absolute best to do just that. Now he needs someone around 24 hours a day, and that is something I can't do - I have an ailing husband and a soon-to-be-married son. He is a good and unselfish man, and I believe he will understand. But it will be the most painful thing I have ever done.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
We lost my mother 3 months ago today, and I promised her that I would take care of him. For over two years - while she was in a nursing home - I have done my absolute best to do just that. Now he needs someone around 24 hours a day, and that is something I can't do - I have an ailing husband and a soon-to-be-married son. He is a good and unselfish man, and I believe he will understand. But it will be the most painful thing I have ever done.
You will take it to him in love and the two of you will face it from that position and with God's help. Steady, Breath. God knows your heart and your father will also.

brinny

Awwwwww....I'm sooooo sorry for the loss of your mom and at this most excruciatingly heart wrenching time. ((hug)))

Praying that God ministers to you and your precious dad, and works out the details, preparing each heart. May He Himself arrange what is necessary and ease any angst or worries or uncertainties that accompany these very difficult and painful circumstances. May He grant you extraordinary wisdom, discernment, and clarity and open doors that are blessings to your dad and you too. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen (((hug)))

Breathe

Update: the talk with my daddy went very well. He knows he can't live at home anymore, and trusts me to handle all the details, and select a place that will be a good fit for him. Please continue to hold us in your prayers, and ask God to help me find, and get him into, a place where he will thrive and be happy. There is a wonderful Baptist facility in our town, that has everything I want for him - I just hope we can swing the finances, and that they will accept him.

Thank you all for your prayers - I could feel God guiding me when I talked to my father today.

brinny

Update: the talk with my daddy went very well. He knows he can't live at home anymore, and trusts me to handle all the details, and select a place that will be a good fit for him. Please continue to hold us in your prayers, and ask God to help me find, and get him into, a place where he will thrive and be happy. There is a wonderful Baptist facility in our town, that has everything I want for him - I just hope we can swing the finances, and that they will accept him.

Thank you all for your prayers - I could feel God guiding me when I talked to my father today.

Praise God!! Thank you for the update!!! Continuing to pray that God opens doors of blessings for you both and that God Himself finds the right fit for your dad that blesses him and grants him extraordinary favor, a place BOTH of you can be at peace about. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen. (((hug)))

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
My mother could use a few prayers. She's had a bad run of late, from a shoulder problem to a leg, both mending. And then a root canal. She had a bad reaction to it and is weak and in bed at present after a day of nausea. God willing tomorrow will be better.

bybee

My mother could use a few prayers. She's had a bad run of late, from a shoulder problem to a leg, both mending. And then a root canal. She had a bad reaction to it and is weak and in bed at present after a day of nausea. God willing tomorrow will be better.

I'm praying. Blessings to her.

Breathe

Praying! Moms are so very special. :)

brinny

Bless her heart, praying for your mom and you too.....

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
She's doing much, much better. As is sometimes the case with people in advancing years, even those in terrific shape, a confluence of medications can lead to an unintended peril. Or, she was over medicated, on the whole.

As it stands, we're all having supper together later. :)