The Fumes of Fanatacism

Gary K

Banned
James Howard Kunstler is a well-known author. He has published more than 20 books. He also has a blog on which he writes on a variety of subjects including politics. The title of this thread is the title of his latest blog article. In it he writes about the fanaticism of the left and the destruction they are wreaking on this nation.

Judging by the volume of intemperate emails and angry social media blasts that come my way, the party of impeachment seems to be inhaling way too much gas from the smoking guns it keeps finding in the various star chambers of its inquisition against you-know-who. You’d think that the failure of Mr. Mueller’s extravaganza might have chastened them just a little — a $32 million-dollar effort starring the most vicious partisan lawyers inside-the-Beltway, 2,800 subpoenas issued over two years, 500 search warrants exercised, and finally nothing whatever to pin on Mr. Trump — except the contra-legal assertion that now he must prove his innocence.

When you state just that, these frothing hysterics reply that many background figures — if not the Golden Golem of Greatness himself — were indicted and convicted of crimes by Mr. Mueller’s crew. Oh yes! The Russian troll farm called the Internet Research Agency was indicted for spending $400,000 on Facebook ads (and never extradited or tried in a court-of-law). Pretty impressive victory there! The hacking of Hillary Clinton’s emails by “Russia”? Still just alleged, never proven, with plenty of shady business around the search for evidence. Paul Manafort, on tax evasion of money earned in Ukraine, 2014? We’ll see about that as the whole filthy business of the 2014 Ukraine regime change op under Mr. Obama gets reviewed in the months ahead. George Papadopoulos for lying to the FBI? Stand by on that one, too; still a developing story. General Michael Flynn, for ditto? You may have noticed that General Flynn’s case is shaping up to be the biggest instance of prosecutorial misconduct since the Dreyfus affair (France, 1894-1906, which badly-educated Americans most certainly know nothing about).

To set the record straight I’m forced to repeat something that these New Age Jacobins seem unable to process: you don’t have to be a Trump cheerleader to be revolted by the behavior of his antagonists, which is a stunning spectacle of bad faith, dishonesty, incompetence, and malice — and is surely way more toxic to the American project than anything the president has done. Every time I entertain the complaints of these angry auditors, I’m forced to remind myself that these are the same people who think that “inclusion” means shutting down free speech, who believe that the US should not have borders, who promote transsexual reading hours in the grammar schools, and who fiercely desire to start a war with Russia.

That’s not a polity I want to be associated with and until it screws its head back on, I will remain the enemy of it. In fact, in early November I’m traveling to New York City, where the Jacobin city council has just made it a crime to utter the phrase illegal alien in a public place, with a $250,000 penalty attached. I challenge their agents to meet me in Penn Station and arrest me when I go to the information kiosk and inquire if they know what is the best place in midtown Manhattan to meet illegal aliens.
The volume of Jacobin hysteria ratcheted up to “11” late last week when the news broke that the Attorney General’s study of RussiaGate’s origins was upgraded to a criminal investigation, and that a voluminous report from the DOJ Inspector General is also about to be released. What do you suppose they’re worried about? Naturally the Jacobins’ bulletin board, a.k.a The New York Times, fired a salvo denouncing William Barr — so expect his reputation to be the next battle zone for these ever more desperate fanatics. Talk of preemptively impeaching him is already crackling through the Twitter channels. That will be an excellent sideshow.

Meanwhile, how is Rep, Adam Schiff’s secret proceeding going? Last week he put out a narrative that US Chargé d’Affaires to Ukraine Bill Taylor fired a gun-that-smoked fer sure in testimony. Except, of course, as per Mr. Schiff’s usual practice, he refused to issue any actual transcript of the interview in evidence, while there are plenty of indications that Mr. Taylor’s second-hand gossip was roundly refuted under counter-questioning by the non-Jacobin minority members of the House intel Committee. Mr. Schiff’s pattern lo these many months of strife has been to claim ultimate proof of wrongdoing only to have it blow up in his face. It’s a face that many Americans are sick of seeing and hearing from, and I am serenely confident that before this colossal scandal is resolved, the Congressman from Hollywood will be fatally disgraced, as was his role-model, Senator Joseph McCarthy, before him.

You can find his blog here

Gary K

Banned
In this interview Kunstler says the mockingbird media has become a "reality optional" group of organizations. He goes on further to state that the US become a nation of racketeering. He gives as examples the medical industry and the educational system. His analysis is right on the money and his indictment of the educational system leaves little doubt as to his thoughts on it.

Kunstler also speaks to what is going on with our banking system and how fragile it is with a lot of downside and very little upside to it.

northwye

Transformational Marxism became "psychologized." It's theories and ideology about causes of Fascism became a psychologized theory taking off from Anti-Semitism.

The Frankfurt School Transformational Marxists first used the theories of Freud for their psychological theory which was a part of what they called "Critical Theory." They did not call their ideology Marxist. Later, after many of the Frankfurt School Marxists were driven out of Germany by the Nazis to the United States, where some of our major universities welcomed them with open arms, they began to make use of American social and personality psychology.

Theodore W. Adorno, one of the Frankfurt School Transfrmational Marxists, was given a position at Berkeley, an elite university, where he further developed the Frankfurt School's ideology on the psychological origins of what they called "The Authoritarian Personality." The Authoritarian Personality was, they taught, what caused Fascism. And in the eyes of the Frankfurt School Marxists Christianity and the family were the causes of the Authoritarian Personality, and must be abolished.

So,what Adorno and his group at Berkeley were doing was using a methodology which was not very rigorous in an attempt to sell an ideology, which though it was not Bolshevism, it was Marxist. Marx as an athiest was a member of the Young Hegelians Movement. This is where Marx got his interest in the Hegelian dialectic, which was a modern German philosophical takeoff from the dialectic of Greek philosophy before the time of Christ.

Marx was influenced strongly by the Jacobins of the French Revolution, who were the guys who sent so many to the Guillotine. "In 1793, during the French Revolution the Jacobin leaders began the Reign of Terror. Under Robespierre, who took over the Revolution. The Jacobins used the Terror of the guillotine not only against counterrevolutionaries, but also against former Jacobins, and Jacobins themselves, Finally, Robespierre was overthrown in 1794, but not too long later the spirit of the Jacobins lived on in Marxism.

At Berkeley Theodore W. Adorno and his group developed a least two paper and pencil questionnaires which they claimed measure the extent to which a person has an Authoritarian Personality, and the extent to which he or she believed in Fascism. The Questionnaire thought to measure Authoritarian Personality was called the F Scale.

"The California F-scale is a 1947 personality test, designed by Theodor W. Adorno and others to measure the authoritarian personality. The "F" stands for "fascist". The F-scale measures responses on several different components of authoritarianism, such as conventionalism, authoritarian aggression, anti-intraception, superstition and stereotypy, power and "toughness," destructiveness and cynicism."

The Adorno group E Scale, their second paper and pencil questionnaire, was claimed to measure prejudice toward Jews, Blacks, other minorities, and a belief in the values of patriotism.

Remember that the Frankfurt School Transformational Marxists, who developed what they presented as social-personality theory, were originally interested in Anti-Semitism.

See: http://newpol.org/content/frankfurt-school-and-jews

"Fortunately, Horkheimer and Adorno’s approach began to change in 1939-1940, when they began to develop a vast research project on anti-Semitism, ultimately sponsored by the American Jewish Committee."

"Adorno and Horkheimer organized, as mentioned above, a vast research project on anti-Semitism, which resulted in several books published as a series, “Studies in Prejudice.” The best known is The Authoritarian Personality (1948), written, in part, by Adorno, which showed that anti-Semitism is intimately associated with certain character structures, such as blind submission to authority, violent aggressive attitude toward the “other,” and rigid stereotypical thinking. Leo Löwenthal and Norbert Guterman wrote the second book of the series, Prophets of Deceit (1949), dealing with American anti-Semitic agitators such as Father Coughlin, Gerald L. K. Smith, and a few others. Curiously enough, there is hardly a mention, in this context, of the most influential—by far!—American anti-Semite, namely Henry Ford, author of The International Jew (1921), who not only had a big impact in the United States, but whose book became a favorite of a German fascist named Adolf Schickelgruber. "

Note that the "theory" which Adorno and Horkheimer created around their interest in anti-semiticism looks a lot like a theory within American Personality and Social Psychology. In fact, in the fifties, this theory was accepted by many people then working in American Personality and Social Psychology. At that time one of the most referenced topics in the Social and Personality Psychology peer review journals was the F Scale, which Adorno and his associates used in heir paper and pencil questionnaire study of anti-semiticism and the Authoritarian Personality."

Milton Rokeach's theory and the research by him and others using his Dogmatism Scale showed the problems with Adorno's F Scale, that it is biased toward an opposition to Fascism from the political Left. The F Scale and work of Adorno on the Authoritarian Personality is more Marxist propaganda than social science.

In the fifties, sixties and seventies many American Personality and Social psychologists worked on studies using the Adorno Group's F and E Scale Questionnaires who were not Marxists, at least not at that time.

This is partly why the social and personality psychologists who had experience with the research in the fifties and sixties on the Theodore W. Adorno Paper and Pencil Questionnaire called the F-Scale have an advantage in the understanding of the origins of a big part of the ideology of the present day Democratic Party. In addition, reading Dean Gotcher and his teachings on the dialectical mind, from Marxism, helps that understanding.

It might seem that at least some current day social, personality and clinical psychologists in the universities would become interested in and study the mental illness of the present day Democratic Party and the American Political Left. But I am not aware of any who have done so. The Political Left, to the extent that it advocates a totalitarian ideology which leads to an opposition to the Christian Gospel, Christian Morality, our Bill of Rights, and instead advocates the establishment of a totalitarian government, is also a good place to find and study the Psychopath Personality Disorder.

The psychologists in the universities may be promoting the ideology of the Left rather than examining it closely with a cold fishy eye.

Last edited:

Gary K

Banned
It might seem that at least some current day social, personality and clinical psychologists in the universities would become interested in and study the mental illness of the day Democratic Party and the American Political Left. But I am not aware of any who have done so. The Political Left, to the extent that it advocates a totalitarian ideology which leads to an opposition to the Christian Gospel, Christian Morality, our Bill of Rights, and instead advocates the establishment of f totalitarian government, is also a good place to find and study the Psychopath Personality Disorder.

The psychologists in the universities may be promoting the ideology of the Left rather than examining it closely with a cold fishy eye.

Why would they? Academia is controlled by marxists. You think they are going to put out honest studies on something that exposes themselves for who and what they are?

northwye

Yes, the university students and professors are now highly influenced by Marxism in its several varieties. Back in the seventies I got a federal research grant to study the way people perceive form and space diversity in the man made environment. The project involved a laboratory-type study using concepts from the experimental psychology on perception and more specifically something called the Orienting Response, measured by the extent to which the subject looks around and focuses his eyes on a large area, rather than not looking around very much. I had an apparatus to do that.

I had an appointment only as a Research Associate - a low level non-tenure tract position - at a major Big Ten University where I was put in the Institute for Environmental Studies, under the School of Agriculture. But I was physically lodged in the Urban and Regional Department of that university.

The professors who ran the Institute for Environmental Studies knew nothing about lab kind of research in the experimental psychology of perception. But several of the professors in Urban and Regional Planning tried to change my research project from being a lab study to being a sociological type project, which they understood a little more than my project.

The project had to be done as a lab study using the methodology already developed in the experimental psychology of perception. To make it into a sociological study would have done away with the point of the project, to explore people's perceptual response to form and space diversity in the man made environment.

I realized later that the kind of sociological research that some of the professors in Urban Planning wanted me to do was influenced by their Marxism. I had gotten my ideas for the study from lab experimental psychology, both theory and methodology, and in a general way from an architect (Frank Lloyd Wright) - which did not fit in with Marxism.

I got the research done as designed, but I was out as far as any tenure tract appointment in Urban and Regional Planning. Later, after the project had been published in a psychology journal the chairman of Urban and Regional Planning told me it was "elegant"

Gary K

Banned
Yes, the university students and professors are now highly influenced by Marxism in its several varieties. Back in the seventies I got a federal research grant to study the way people perceive form and space diversity in the man made environment. The project involved a laboratory-type study using concepts from the experimental psychology on perception and more specifically something called the Orienting Response, measured by the extent to which the subject looks around and focuses his eyes on a large area, rather than not looking around very much. I had an apparatus to do that.

I had an appointment only as a Research Associate - a low level non-tenure tract position - at a major Big Ten University where I was put in the Institute for Environmental Studies, under the School of Agriculture. But I was physically lodged in the Urban and Regional Department of that university.

The professors who ran the Institute for Environmental Studies knew nothing about lab kind of research in the experimental psychology of perception. But several of the professors in Urban and Regional Planning tried to change my research project from being a lab study to being a sociological type project, which they understood a little more than my project.

The project had to be done as a lab study using the methodology already developed in the experimental psychology of perception. To make it into a sociological study would have done away with the point of the project, to explore people's perceptual response to form and space diversity in the man made environment.

I realized later that the kind of sociological research that some of the professors in Urban Planning wanted me to do was influenced by their Marxism. I had gotten my ideas for the study from lab experimental psychology, both theory and methodology, and in a general way from an architect (Frank Lloyd Wright) - which did not fit in with Marxism.

I got the research done as designed, but I was out as far as any tenure tract appointment in Urban and Regional Planning.

And that is exactly why you don't see any studies of the kind you wanted to do. The marxists in charge are not going to do anything to expose their hypocrisy and agenda to their students. They are there for one reason and one reason only. Indoctrination.