Impeaching Donald Trump

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
vL7gehD.png

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Trump and his supporters keep changing their strategy ~ today it started by FOXNEWS questioning the loyalty and motives of the witness, a Colonel wounded in Iraq, followed by "badgering" him to release the name the "whistleblower" and concluding with the President dismissing him as a "Never Trumper!"

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Trump and his supporters keep changing their strategy ~ today it started by FOXNEWS questioning the loyalty and motives of the witness, a Colonel wounded in Iraq, followed by "badgering" him to release the name the "whistleblower" and concluding with the President dismissing him as a "Never Trumper!"

And Trump's sycophants do all that to defend a draft dodger...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Growing number of GOP senators consider acknowledging Trump’s quid pro quo on Ukraine

A growing number of Senate Republicans are ready to acknowledge that President Trump used U.S. military aid as leverage to force Ukraine to investigate former vice president Joe Biden and his familyas the president repeatedly denies a quid pro quo.

In this shift in strategy to defend Trump, these Republicans are insisting that the president’s action was not illegal and does not rise to the level of an impeachable offense as the Democratic-led House moves forward with the open phase of its probe.

This of course comes as no surprise, that Republican strategy would move from "No quid pro quo!" to "So what if he did, you can't impeach him for that!"

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
‘It’s like nothing we have come across before’: UK intelligence officials shaken by Trump administration’s requests for help with counter-impeachment inquiry

Trump and Barr have also been asking other foreign governments for help in investigating the FBI, CIA and Mueller investigators. The US president has called on the Australian prime minister Scott Morrison for assistance, while the attorney general has been on similar missions to the UK and Italy.

And the information being requested has left allies astonished. One British official with knowledge of Barr’s wish list presented to London commented that “it is like nothing we have come across before, they are basically asking, in quite robust terms, for help in doing a hatchet job on their own intelligence services”.

The crazy just keeps accelerating. There's so much it's impossible to keep up with it all.

Also from the article, and even more crazy than Trump and Barr asking other countries to investigate our intelligence agencies, is this:

The attorney general is focusing on the theory, aired on far-right conspiracy sites, and raised by Trump and Giuliani, that Ukraine framed Vladimir Putin over the US election in a complex triple-cross operation by impersonating Russian hackers.

Think that's too far-fetched even for the fever swamps of right-wing conspiracy theorists? You have to understand how these theories are gaining traction. Here's an example:

Mike McIntireVerified account @mmcintire

[FONT=&quot]3/ This is what happened when Trump tweeted a hashtag, put into service a few weeks earlier by a QAnon follower, to attack the credibility of the White House whistleblower:[/FONT]

EIXg5VNWwAA0VGI.png

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Julia Davis@JuliaDavisNews

Wow."Vindman also testified this week that the official record and rough transcript of the call included an inexplicable change. A vague eight-word phrase was added and attributed to Zelensky that the foreign leader never said."

Vindman also testified that the transcript failed to capture several potentially important words or phrases, including a reference by Zelensky to a Ukrainian energy company,
Burisma, that had employed Biden’s son and that Trump wanted investigated. Vindman said he sought to correct the transcript but that his suggestions were not incorporated.
. . . .
A vague eight-word phrase was added and attributed to Zelensky that the foreign leader never said. The specific word that Zelensky did say was omitted from the official record: “Burisma,” the Ukrainian company that employed Biden’s son Hunter. In its place, the official transcript used this instead: “the company that you mentioned in this issue.”

I dolmt really care impeach or dont. Heres what scares me. The brainwashing going on. Look I do not know if Trump is bad or if he is like what i thought and real. What i mean by real is he states his own thoughts and ideas, he exaggerates like most people, he makes things seem better or worse as we all do. I dont know but I hope he Loves the country as i thought from day one and that his choices are made with him believing its best for America. If this is truelly who he is then even on bad choices we need to support him we all make bad choices at times.
Now for what i know..I used to be in the middle not republican more democratic side of things. No more..What i see is a group of elite Democrats that believe this crap there starting will not touch them are in for a surprise it will. I see what i call almost the worse criminals in the world right here. And this is only based on facts we know I truelly dont know what we would hear if we found out all the crimes we do not hear. They commit crimes then tell a lie that trump did it and try convicting him. In the process facts prove they commited the same crime being alleged plus alot more. What happens next they ignore the treason and corruption that the facts show and stick with lieing on others. WE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE ALLOWING THIS..Im so scared if we dont find a way to stop this we are all going to wish we had one day.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Lindsey Graham’s Trump Defense Blows Up After Transcript Shows Ukraine Extortion

After swearing yesterday that a failure to release Sondland's transcripts would be an abuse of power on the part of the house, Graham has nothing to say about the release of Sondland's transcript.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) will likely have to abandon another line of defense in the impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump after a transcript revealed additional evidence of a quid pro quo with Ukraine.

In a transcript released by the House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday, U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland confirmed that Trump expected Ukraine to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son in exchange for military aid and other favors.

. . . .

UPDATE:
Graham, who just yesterday complained that the full Sondland transcript had not been released and that a failure to do so was an abuse of power, now says he refuses to read any of the transcripts, dismissing them as "[redacted]."