climate hockey stick defeated

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Where I live the fact of climate change is not supported by left and contested by right, nearly everybody here acknowledges the dangers and supports the initiatives that we are following, from massive wind and solar farms to hydrogen production plants, hybrid and electric vehicles, raised sea walls, reduction of waste, tougher emissions tests for vehicles, city low emission zones and much more. We are also turning our attention to the fact that a very high % of our homes are heated by gas with resulting high CO2 emissions there.

And so, to read of folks who deny that global warming is happening, accusing 'Leftist' politicians of making it all up, and stuff like that..... is pretty amazing.

I wonder if it is the science that they are knocking? They just don't like anything that smacks of science, it seems?

I think so. The notion that there is an objective reality, not subject to man's wishes, is what they seem to find so objectionable.

way 2 go

I think so. The notion that there is an objective reality, not subject to man's wishes, is what they seem to find so objectionable.

Maybe I'll get an explanation from such a person?

how quickly you forget

Michael Mann tried to pretend his graph was "objective reality"
Dr. Tim Ball called him on his lie
Michael Mann sued Dr. Tim Ball and lost .
:carryon:

mann-ball-graphs.jpg

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian chuckles:

how quickly you forget

You've already forgotten that Ball doctored those graph, changing scales to hide his dishonesty. Look again. Remember when I showed you that?

Whatever thelawyers did, his trickery is right there for anyone willing to think for himself.

Are you?

eider

how quickly you forget

Michael Mann tried to pretend his graph was "objective reality"
Dr. Tim Ball called him on his lie
Michael Mann sued Dr. Tim Ball and lost .
:carryon:

mann-ball-graphs.jpg

What? Mann and Ball? Of course I forgot, I dumped that and some of us started to focus upon sea level rise, increased meteorological activity, surges etc, and lists of what we in Europe are doing at this time.

Yeah, I forgot that case immediately. I'm about as interested in a civil case as the sea is, or the weather.

But if you have any evidence to show the we have wasted our time, money and efforts in, say, the UK, please show it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What? Mann and Ball? Of course I forgot, I dumped that and some of us started to focus upon sea level rise, increased meteorological activity, surges etc, and lists of what we in Europe are doing at this time.

Yeah, I forgot that case immediately. I'm about as interested in a civil case as the sea is, or the weather.

But if you have any evidence to show the we have wasted our time, money and efforts in, say, the UK, please show it.
So you and others diverted the topic of the thread to talk about something only tangentially related?

way 2 go

what good will it do ?

so many failed predictions

https://cei.org/blog/wrong-again-50-years-failed-eco-pocalyptic-predictions
-

21.png

-
19.gif

way 2 go

Barbarian chuckles:

You've already forgotten that Ball doctored those graph, changing scales to hide his dishonesty. Look again. Remember when I showed you that?

Whatever thelawyers did, his trickery is right there for anyone willing to think for himself.

Are you?

are you ?

Michael Mann lied with his chart
ipcc used his chart because it fit their narrative

and you will believe what you want to believe
regardless of the lack of evidence .

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian chuckles:

Are you?

Michael Mann lied with his chart
ipcc used his chart because it fit their narrative

Denial isn't really doing much good for you.

eider

So you and others diverted the topic of the thread to talk about something only tangentially related?

I thought that the central subject was climate change?
And it certainly did seem to me that a civil action between two doctors was being held up as the truth of and about climate change? And of course it is not, hence my posts sought to show this.

eider

Two reports from 1988 ?? You've fixed your belief on such as those?
Look about yourself now.

Why don't you review the retreating glaciers, increased storm activity and retreating polar ice?
Those are not predictions..... they are happening.

At any rate, in the UK and Lowlands politicians from from both left and right, all together, support renewable energy systems, cleaner air, lower CO2 emissions, reduction in use of plastics etc. It just makes sense.

genuineoriginal

Where I live I can look offshore and see the second biggest windfarm in the world, 100 square kilometers of wind turbines. It's an amazing sight. Yeah.....we're taking it pretty seriously here.
With the windfarm offshore, it is hard to see all the dead birds, but the fish appreciate the extra food.

Spoiler

Will Wind Turbines Ever Be Safe For Birds?

Wind turbines kill an estimated 140,000 to 328,000 birds each year in North America, making it the most threatening form of green energy.