climate hockey stick defeated

eider

congratulations, sucker :chuckle:

in other words, their predictions are unreliable

Sucker?

Our beaches look fantastic now, and Dutch engineers built us a new harbour while raising our seawalls.

Suckers? Don't think so.

And it's true that our researchers have needed to recognise that sea level rise is going to be faster and higher than predicted, but that can't help the denialists much.

eider

what I deny (not speaking for anybody but myself) is that "climate science" is anything but a crock of crap
Good.
Well that makes sense.
I also deny that climate research results are rubbish.... they need to be taken very seriously.

But we are getting benbefits from our efforts to reduce CO2 and other emissions, mostly from IC engines but also from gas boilers and any coal burning installations that still exist. Our cities are becoming cleaner.

Where I live I can look offshore and see the second biggest windfarm in the world, 100 square kilometers of wind turbines. It's an amazing sight. Yeah.....we're taking it pretty seriously here.

way 2 go

Researchers had been predicting a One meter rise in sea level this century, but now they seem to be raising that estimate towards 2 meters.

Tell you what........ those who wish to can take their thrones down to the sea shore! A brilliant investment these people would be to buy up all the low lying properties as their values reduce..... what a nice little earner for them...... if nothing changes.

obama the champion of climate change rhetoric
is buying waterfront property for 14 million
clearly not worried about rising sea levels

way 2 go

Because the property is above the level expected in the next century or so. Would you like me to show you that?

obamas rich he can build sea walls but that doesn't change the fact ...

hey al gore another champion of climate change rhetoric
has a $9 million ocean view villa in Montecito

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

Barbarian observes:
Because the property is above the level expected in the next century or so. Would you like me to show you that?

obamas rich he can build sea walls

Why would he bother when his property is high enough that the sea won't rise to it in his lifetime?

hey al gore another champion of climate change rhetoric
has a $9 million ocean view villa in Montecito

Which is also well above expected sea rise levels. Would you like me to show you that?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Barbarian observes:Because the property is above the level expected in the next century or so. Would you like me to show you that?Why would he bother when his property is high enough that the sea won't rise to it in his lifetime?Which is also well above expected sea rise levels. Would you like me to show you that?
Remember when Barbarian was lecturing everyone over how it's not sea-level rise that is the direct concern, it is the bigger storms and higher base for storm surges?

He sure doesn't. :chuckle:

Maybe he needs someone to show him that. :think:

eider

Huh?
President Obama has never been here.... where I live.
I don't know why you mentioned him in connection with anything that I have written.

Rising Sea Levels is not connected to politics.
When I was young we did get very high tides, but they were mostly caused by three-day blows from the N.E which we don't get so often now.

I have seen the high tide averages rising up our beaches until high springs reach up to the concrete sea wall even during calm periods. And I have wondered why this does not make news where I live. And I have seen the massive works continuing to raise sea walls and install floods gates along our whole sea shore line. But it makes sense to work hard and fast, but quietly, if its all correct!!

But there is not much news about all this, and coupled with predictions of a 1 meter rise this century, and with suggestions that this rise could be higher....... this has caused me to consider...... not because I voted any which way, but because my wife is younger than me and if predictions are correct she will live to see her home to be on an island at high tidea!

I reckon that even with a 3 meter rise she will be alright in her lifetime......... but your backhanders about an American politician.... well, they just make me wonder about your motivations.

way 2 go

Huh?
President Obama has never been here.... where I live.
I don't know why you mentioned him in connection with anything that I have written.

Rising Sea Levels is not connected to politics.

you said :
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by eider

Researchers had been predicting a One meter rise in sea level this century, but now they seem to be raising that estimate towards 2 meters.

Tell you what........ those who wish to can take their thrones down to the sea shore! A brilliant investment these people would be to buy up all the low lying properties as their values reduce..... what a nice little earner for them...... if nothing changes.

to which I replied

but you stopped reading at the name obama

eider

you said :
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by eider

to which I replied

but you stopped reading at the name obama

Nope.
Rising seas don't react to politics, have no interest in agendas, and the don't care about what you or I think.

They will just rise as the ice from glaciers and the poles melts.

I read that if ALL the ice melts that this would cause a sea level rise of 70 meters, and so a 1-2 meter prediction is not an extreme calculation.

But over here the emphasis is upon cleaner air, smaller landfill waste sites, healthier lifestyles, and so people do support the road tax increases upon dirtier vehicles, inner city controls for I./C. engines etc etc. regardless of their politics!

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As you might have learned, the property is sufficiently above sea level that it shouldn't be a concern in Obama's lifetime.

But you stopped reading when you got to the facts.
Remember when Barbarian was preaching about how sea-level rise wasn't the direct problem, but the base level during more powerful storms and storm surges was?

He doesn't. :chuckle:

He must have stopped thinking after writing all that. :think:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Remember when Barbarian was preaching about how sea-level rise wasn't the direct problem, but the base level during more powerful storms and storm surges was?

Funny, that

eider

But Barbarian was right...... both about storm surges and sea-level rise.

Our weather is changing, and storm surge incidents are increasing in intensity.

And so storm surges are a greater risk now.

But future sea-level rise is a 'no-brainer'....... Oops! At risk of getting sensitive, I'll just stop there.

eider

For the trolls, this isn't about right and wrong, it's about right and left.

Where I live the fact of climate change is not supported by left and contested by right, nearly everybody here acknowledges the dangers and supports the initiatives that we are following, from massive wind and solar farms to hydrogen production plants, hybrid and electric vehicles, raised sea walls, reduction of waste, tougher emissions tests for vehicles, city low emission zones and much more. We are also turning our attention to the fact that a very high % of our homes are heated by gas with resulting high CO2 emissions there.

And so, to read of folks who deny that global warming is happening, accusing 'Leftist' politicians of making it all up, and stuff like that..... is pretty amazing.

I wonder if it is the science that they are knocking? They just don't like anything that smacks of science, it seems?