U.S. Christian Population in Freefall

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The Bible also says that there were days and nights upon the earth before God even created the sun, stars, or any other object in the universe aside from the earth. How could there be days and nights with no sun? Why can't you answer this question scientifically?
By the way, this is a red herring.

Arthur Brain

The Bible also says that there were days and nights upon the earth before God even created the sun, stars, or any other object in the universe aside from the earth. How could there be days and nights with no sun? Why can't you answer this question scientifically?

Good luck with that...of course, there could be some allegory going on in all of that...but apparently not.

:plain:

Arthur Brain

Easy.

There was day and night because God created light, and then separated light from darkness.

The light He called Day, and the Darkness He called night.

Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness.God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day. - Genesis 1:3-5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis1:3-5&version=NKJV

You don't need anything but light and dark for there to be day or night. The sun is just a ball of plasma.

It isn't light itself.

God created light. Then created the sun after.

Loaded question.

I just answered it scientifically.

See, even Artie admits it. The Bible cannot be reconciled with evolution because the two are contradictory.

Um, no, I said no such thing. I said it's utterly contradictory to a particular belief system, not that evolution is incompatible with the Bible itself. Please don't make stuff up about me like that.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Easy.

There was day and night because God created light, and then separated light from darkness.

The light He called Day, and the Darkness He called night.

Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness.God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day. - Genesis 1:3-5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis1:3-5&version=NKJV

You don't need anything but light and dark for there to be day or night. The sun is just a ball of plasma.

It isn't light itself.

God created light. Then created the sun after.

Loaded question.

I just answered it scientifically.

You call this science? No wonder they won't allow young earth creationism to be taught in science classrooms!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

In the beginning, God created light from the darkness, then He created many other things, then God created natural laws and science. Science, as a meaningful explanation is irrelevant to all that God created before He created natural laws and science.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Um, no, I said no such thing. I said it's utterly contradictory to a particular belief system, not that evolution is incompatible with the Bible itself. Please don't make stuff up about me like that.

Oh, so which "particular belief system were you referring to, if not that of the one that comes directly from the Bible?

I'll let 6days' comment to Barbarian explain a bit more why the Bible and evolution are incompatible.

Scripture tells us 'in six days God created the heavens and the Earth and everything in them.
* Barbarian does not believe that but has to put a spin on it.

Jesus tells us humanity existed from a Time near the foundation of the world and the beginning of the creation.
* Barbarian does not believe that but has to put a spin on it.

Scripture tells us that God initially, God gave all the animals and humans a vegetarian diet.
* Barbarian does not believe that either.

Scripture tells us that Last Adam went to the Cross because physical death entered our world when first Adam sinned.
* Barbarian compromises scripture and does not accept that.

Scripture tells us that woman was created from the side of a man.
* Barbarian rejects what scripture plainly tells us.

Scripture tells us, that the patriarchs lived many hundreds of years, and the lifetimes dramatically decreased after the flood.
* Barbarian will put a spin on that.

Scripture tells us "The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than fifteen cubits."
* Barbarian doesn't believe that. He says it means only some mountains.. small mountains.

Scripture tells us that God created the Earth before the sun
* Barbarian totally rejects that.

Scripture tells us that Adam called Eve the mother of all.
* Does Barbarian believe what that implicitly says.. no

Barbarian sadly is committed to a secular worldview, which rejects the plain teachings of scripture.

Just insert your name in place of "Barbarian."

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You call this science?

No, I call this science:

Science: the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

We observe in scripture that God created light, and that He separated light from darkness.

We observe that all you need for day and night is light and darkness, respectively.

We observe in scripture that God called light "Day" and darkness "Night," and that end of the first day was "evening and morning."

See? Scientific.

No wonder they won't allow young earth creationism to be taught in science classrooms!

Darwinists love making things up.

The fact that they don't allow it is even more evidence that it contradicts their worldview, which is millions and billions of years.

Arthur Brain

Oh, so which "particular belief system were you referring to, if not that of the one that comes directly from the Bible?

I'll let 6days' comment to Barbarian explain a bit more why the Bible and evolution are incompatible.

Just insert your name in place of "Barbarian."

I'm presuming you're familiar with allegory? Symbolism? Metaphor? I was referring to fundamentalism as if you didn't already know and why there's more than sufficient reason to see elements of the above in the creation account that fundamentalism discounts. In no way did I posit anything as you suggested so please refrain from that in future when you quote me if it's all the same to you..

Arthur Brain

No, I call this science:

Science: the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

We observe in scripture that God created light, and that He separated light from darkness.

We observe that all you need for day and night is light and darkness, respectively.

We observe in scripture that God called light "Day" and darkness "Night," and that end of the first day was "evening and morning."

See? Scientific.

The fact that they don't allow it is even more evidence that it contradicts their worldview, which is millions and billions of years.

So, you think that all of scientific theory, thought, that's been established on corroborated consensus is about "making things up"? That's the whole kit and kaboodle as well, biology, physics, chemistry, not just the bugbear of evolution?

:freak:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I'm presuming you're familiar with allegory? Symbolism? Metaphor? I was referring to fundamentalism as if you didn't already know and why there's more than sufficient reason to see elements of the above in the creation account that fundamentalism discounts. In no way did I posit anything as you suggested so please refrain from that in future when you quote me if it's all the same to you..

Fundamentalism is the "strict adherence to the basic principles of any subject or discipline."

One of the basic principles of the Bible is that we don't change what it says because it doesn't fit with our worldview, and it says "six days" and "from the beginning of creation."

Six days:
For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it. - Exodus 20:11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus20:11&version=NKJV

God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day. . . . And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day. . . . So the evening and the morning were the third day. . . . So the evening and the morning were the fourth day. . . . So the evening and the morning were the fifth day. . . . Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day. - Genesis 1:5,8,13,19,23,31 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis1:5,8,13,19,23,31&version=NKJV

From the beginning of creation:
[JESUS]But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’[/JESUS] - Mark 10:6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark10:6&version=NKJV

What's interesting is that you never provide any evidence for any of the passages above to BE allegory, symbolism, or metaphor.

In other words, saying it doesn't make it so.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No wonder they won't allow young earth creationism to be taught in science classrooms!

So, you think that all of scientific theory, thought, that's been established on corroborated consensus is about "making things up"?

Darwinists love taking things out of context.

Try again.

Arthur Brain

Fundamentalism is the "strict adherence to the basic principles of any subject or discipline."

One of the basic principles of the Bible is that we don't change what it says because it doesn't fit with our worldview, and it says "six days" and "from the beginning of creation."

Six days:
For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it. - Exodus 20:11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus20:11&version=NKJV

God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day. . . . And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day. . . . So the evening and the morning were the third day. . . . So the evening and the morning were the fourth day. . . . So the evening and the morning were the fifth day. . . . Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day. - Genesis 1:5,8,13,19,23,31 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis1:5,8,13,19,23,31&version=NKJV

From the beginning of creation:
[JESUS]But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’[/JESUS] - Mark 10:6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark10:6&version=NKJV

What's interesting is that you never provide any evidence for any of the passages above to BE allegory, symbolism, or metaphor.

In other words, saying it doesn't make it so.

How can you not see the obvious allegory in Genesis? The poetic narrative? Do you read revelation literally as well?!

Arthur Brain

Darwinists love taking things out of context.

Try again.

Are you trying to become a Stripe clone or something? The fact that the age of the universe is globally accepted in science as being billions of years old is not because scientists just want to "make this stuff up". It's because the evidence says so.

quip

BANNED
Banned
This all sounds very bad, but parochial, as in parochial school seems like a nice something. I sent some of my children to parochial school, if they wanted to attend. Some did, and some didn't. I do not see what 9/11 had to do with Christian religion, since is had nothing in common with the Christian life.

There's one key parallel between the two religions: dogma.
Why do you believe Islamic fundamentalists hate the Christian dominated west and vice versa?

There's obvious political animosity but religious hate for the infidels is a key, cultural issue.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How can you not see the obvious allegory in Genesis?

This is a divine fallacy, also called argument from incredulity.

I have not dismissed that there is allegory in Genesis. I'm not saying that there isn't allegory in Genesis.

My position is that instead of taking everything either completely woodenly literally, or seeing it all as completely poetic, one should read it as-is, taking the literal parts to be literal, and the figurative parts to be figurative. Just like you would read any other book.

Once agin, you have failed to provide evidence to support your claim that Genesis is "poetic."

Instead, you have begged the question that all of it is poetic, and expect others to accept it.

The poetic narrative? Do you read revelation literally as well?!

By literally, do you per-chance mean "woodenly" literally?

Because if you do, then my answer will just be me talking past you.

I read Revelation literally. No, that does not mean that I take everything to be literal.

I read the literal parts as literal, and the figurative parts as figurative, just like when you read any other book, there are parts that are literal, with figures of speech, allegories, etc, scattered throughout.

Again, the Bible says six days and from the beginning of creation.

I have no reason to take those phrases to mean anything other than what they say.

If you have evidence that says they mean something else, I am more than happy to look at it. But so far, you haven't presented any.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Are you trying to become a Stripe clone or something? The fact that the age of the universe is globally accepted

Darwinists love it when the discussion is about how many people believe what.

in science as being billions of years old is not because scientists just want to "make this stuff up". It's because the evidence says so.

Except that it doesn't, no matter how badly you want it to.

The evidence, including the Bible, says six days and from the beginning of creation around 7-10,000 years ago.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Christianity and the Alt Right

https://youtu.be/5AXQ7dDedsI

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Look, we don't mind if you post here, so long as you are respectful.

We just ask that you contribute to the discussion.

Saying the above and dropping a YouTube link is not.

If there is something from the video that you would like to discuss, please make the argument in your own words.

This is a forum. Not a video sharing site.