William Barr: Religion is Under Attack

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
thus a 'historical' (not sure we can talk 'history' with such a short time-frame of legalization since 1980s), low,

Sure we can. The abortion rate is the lowest it's been since 1973.

381.apcjanuary2017-1web.png

Why? A number of factors. The closures of clinics. Education. Access to contraception. The lower rate and later onset of sexual activity among teens, which is a whole subject unto itself.

Lon

Sure we can. The abortion rate is the lowest it's been since 1973.

381.apcjanuary2017-1web.png

Why? A number of factors. The closures of clinics. Education. Access to contraception. The lower rate and later onset of sexual activity among teens, which is a whole subject unto itself.
40 years or so doesn't quite meet 'history' for me. We have hardly been a nation long enough to have a history.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
40 years or so doesn't quite meet 'history' for me. We have hardly been a nation long enough to have a history.

About 8 times our nation's history, Jesus' ministry on Earth began. Perspective is everything. And yes, the marked decline in abortion rates is historic. While people have been seeking a government solution, others have been working to change minds. And that's far more effective.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
So you are satisfied that there are fewer murders of the unborn these days despite the fact that those murders continue?

I'm pleased that some people are doing something to save the unborn, while others talk about banning abortions and do nothing at all.

You're like the abolitionists who refused to help some slaves escape their captors, because it was impossible to rescue them all.

While you people are posturing, others are out there rescuing, and changing minds. When abortion is ended in this country, it will be because we changed enough minds to make it so.

You can't outlaw sin out of existence; you can only convince people to stop sinning.

Jerry Shugart

While you people are posturing, others are out there rescuing, and changing minds.

Do you really think that Planned Parenthood is trying to change people's minds about abortions?

The progressives are the ones who defeated the bill which would have de-funded Planned Parenthood.

Bet you are proud of those progressives because you support the progressive agenda at every turn.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
You're like the abolitionists who refused to help some slaves escape their captors, because it was impossible to rescue them all.

which action was more effective in ending slavery and freeing slaves?

was it

A. Helping some slaves escape their captors

or

B. Changing the law to make slavery illegal

You can't outlaw sin out of existence; you can only convince people to stop sinning.

Was slavery ended by convincing people to stop sinning?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Do you really think that Planned Parenthood is trying to change people's minds about abortions?

Since pro-life people have succeeded in changing public opinion to the point that a majority of Americans don't approve of abortion, I would expect so. If you claim to be pro-life, you should be happy the rest of us have accomplished that.

If you claim to be pro-life, how about acting pro-life?

Jerry Shugart

Since pro-life people have succeeded in changing public opinion to the point that a majority of Americans don't approve of abortion, I would expect so. If you claim to be pro-life, you should be happy the rest of us have accomplished that.

If you claim to be pro-life, how about acting pro-life?

What did you do to help to try to slow the killing of the unborn? Support the progressives who defeated the bill to de-fund Planned Parenthood?

Great help!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
What did you do to help to try to slow the killing of the unborn?

Picketed abortion clinics. Took part in information/discussion events on public property. Informed people I know of the issues. Donated to National Council for Adoption, which offers alternatives to killing the unborn.

What have you done,Jerry?

Aside from assailing pro-life people on TOL? Great help!

Jerry Shugart

Picketed abortion clinics. Took part in information/discussion events on public property. Informed people I know of the issues. Donated to National Council for Adoption, which offers alternatives to killing the unborn.

Sure. It is impossible for me to believe that from someone who supports the progressives who defeated the bill to de-fund Planned Parenthood.

Were you in favor of de-funding those killers even though you say that you picketed abortion clinics?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Sure. It is impossible for me to believe that from someone who supports the progressives who defeated the bill to de-fund Planned Parenthood.

But you expect us to believe you, who regularly make up stories we know to be false, like that one.

Were you in favor of de-funding those killers even though you say that you picketed abortion clinics?

I oppose any government funding at all for abortion clinics, not just those run by Planned Parenthood. Why do you limit your opposition to one group, Jerry?

Jerry Shugart

I oppose any government funding at all for abortion clinics, not just those run by Planned Parenthood. Why do you limit your opposition to one group, Jerry?

Why do you support the progressives since they are the ones who defeated the bill to defund Planned Parenthood?