Pocahontas caught in still more lies

Gary K

Banned
Pocahontas, in her campaign speeches, is claiming she was fired from a school district for being pregnant. It's a part of her "solidarity" with women strategy to evoke sympathy for herself. It turns out it's another lie just like her claims to be a Cherokee. She's running neck and neck with the walking gaffe so it appears that the bigger a liar their candidates are the more Democrat voters like them. What a sad commentary on the voters.

RIVERDALE, N.J.—The Riverdale Board of Education approved a second-year teaching contractfor a young Elizabeth Warren, documents show, contradicting the Democratic presidential candidate’s repeated claims that she was asked not to return to teaching after a single year because she was "visibly pregnant."
Minutes of an April 21, 1971, Riverdale Board of Education meeting obtained by the Washington Free Beacon show that the board voted unanimously on a motion to extend Warren a "2nd year" contract for a two-days-per-week teaching job. That job is similar to the one she held the previous year, her first year of teaching. Minutes from a board meeting held two months later, on June 16, 1971, indicate that Warren’s resignation was "accepted with regret."
Warren's claim that she was dismissed after her first year of teaching because she was pregnant has become a cornerstone of her stump speeches. She has used it to both explain her jump from teaching into the legal world as well as to showcase the difficulties that women face in the workplace. The principal of the school she worked at in the early 1970s, Warren has said, "showed [her] the door" at the end of the school year because she was "visibly pregnant."

https://freebeacon.com/politics/cou...t-warrens-claim-she-was-fired-over-pregnancy/

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Elizabeth Warren and the entire history of women’s employment in the 1970s are swatting away a claim by a far-right website disputing Warren’s story of losing her first teaching job because she was visibly pregnant at the end of her first year. The Free Beacon found documents claiming that Warren was offered a second-year teaching contract but resigned. However, there are a lot more documents showing that it was absolutely standard for women to lose teaching jobs because they were pregnant, and Twitter was quick to bring those receipts.

The key rebuttal to the claim that Warren wasn’t really forced out in 1971? A 1972 news story from New Jersey, the state where Warren was teaching, reporting that “Pregnant teachers can no longer be automatically forced out of New Jersey’s classrooms.” To repeat, “automatically forced out.” But many other headlines prove just how stanard that was, as historian Joshua Zeitz shows.

Warren herself had a typically straightforward, non-defensive response:

Elizabeth Warren
@ewarren

·When I was 22 and finishing my first year of teaching, I had an experience millions of women will recognize. By June I was visibly pregnant—and the principal told me the job I'd already been promised for the next year would go to someone else.

This was 1971, years before Congress outlawed pregnancy discrimination—but we know it still happens in subtle and not-so-subtle ways. We can fight back by telling our stories. I tell mine on the campaign trail, and I hope to hear yours.
6:08 AM - Oct 8, 2019

She told CBS News that, as the documents Free Beacon found indicate, she had initially been offered a second-year teaching contract. But that’s not the whole story, she said: “I was pregnant, but nobody knew it. And then a couple of months later when I was six months pregnant and it was pretty obvious, the principal called me in, wished me luck, and said he was going to hire someone else for the job.”

Other people who taught in the same New Jersey district at the time didn’t remember Warren’s specific case, but did confirm the policy. “The rule was at five months you had to leave when you were pregnant. Now, if you didn't tell anybody you were pregnant, and they didn't know, you could fudge it and try to stay on a little bit longer," retired teacher Trudy Randall said. "But they kind of wanted you out if you were pregnant."

Not only did women routinely lose their jobs for being pregnant in the 1970s, when it was legal to fire them for that reason, but women continue to lose their jobs for being pregnant, even though there are now technically some legal protections for pregnant women. The Free Beacon thinking it had a giant gotcha here shows how out of touch these people are with the reality American women are still living with now, let alone what they lived with in the 1970s.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Yawn . And what about the thousands and thousands of lies which Trump has told since becoming president , hardly any of which have been acknowledged and condemned by the conservative media ?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Yawn . And what about the thousands and thousands of lies which Trump has told since becoming president , hardly any of which have been acknowledged and condemned by the conservative media ?

Such as?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

March 20: Clearly mischaracterized the FBI director and NSA director's testimony about Russian involvement in the 2016 election

Feb. 16, 2017: Lied about winning the most Electoral College votes since Ronald Reagan.

Feb. 12, 2017: Falsely claimed that Bernie Sanders was cut off from CNN for using the phrase "fake news."

Feb. 10, 2017: Claimed without evidence that "thousands" of people were bused across state lines to vote.

Feb. 7, 2017: Claimed he was facing a historic delay to get all of his cabinet nominees confirmed

Feb. 7, 2017: Lied that the murder rate was the highest in 45 years

Feb. 6, 2017: Claimed that terrorist attacks across Europe are "not even being reported"

Feb. 2, 2017: Lied that Kuwait had issued a visa ban on several Muslim-majority countries after his immigration order

Jan. 27, 2017: Lied about being in Scotland the day before the "Brexit" vote

Jan. 26, 2017: Lied that the murder rate is rising in Philly

Jan. 26, 2017: Lied about Mexico’s president “agreeing to cancel” a meeting

Jan. 25, 2017: Lied about two people being shot and killed during Obama's farewell speech

Jan. 25, 2017: Lied about voter fraud on ABC News

Jan. 25, 2017: Lied about size of the inauguration crowd on ABC News

Jan. 21, 2017: Lied about inauguration crowd size to the CIA
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/maryanngeorgantopoulos/president-trump-lie-list

Jan. 21 “I wasn't a fan of Iraq. I didn't want to go into Iraq.” (He was for an invasion before he was against it.)

Jan. 23, 2017: Lied about voter fraud at a reception with congressional leaders

Jan. 26 “We've taken in tens of thousands of people. We know nothing about them. They can say they vet them. They didn't vet them. They have no papers. How can you vet somebody when you don't know anything about them and you have no papers? How do you vet them? You can't.” (Vetting lasts up to two years.)

Feb. 4 “After being forced to apologize for its bad and inaccurate coverage of me after winning the election, the FAKE NEWS @nytimes is still lost!” (It never apologized.)

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/23/opinion/trumps-lies.html (Hundreds more of his documented lies at this link. I you want to see more, I'll do another post)