Hillary Clinton can't rewrite history, but she'll try

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
If Julian Assange were an American journalist and Hillary Clinton a Republican, Assange would have been given a Pulitzer Prize, a la Woodward and Bernstein. It is only because the shoes are on the other feet that he is rotting in prison right now.

Long live Julian Assange!

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Fact: Hillary Clinton lost the 2016 election largely because a significant percentage of minority voters in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania did not turn out to the polls to vote for her. African Americans are a large voting block for the Democratic Party. They overwhelmingly vote Democrat, and the Democratic Party cannot afford to lose their votes. Hillary did lose their votes.

African American support for Bill Clinton during his administration was strong--so much so, that he was jokingly referred to as "the first Black president!" But while their support for Bill was strong, the support Hillary received from the black community was soft.

One question Democrats have to answer is, "Why was African American (and other minority) voter support for Hillary so soft?"

Another question is, what does this have to do with "Russian interference"? Nothing, so far as I can tell--which is why that claim is little more than a convenient diversionary tactic by the Democrats. I'm not saying that Russian interference did not take place, I'm just saying that their efforts were largely unsuccessful. There are real reasons why Hillary Clinton lost to Donald Trump that have absolutely nothing to do with any Russian interference!

Last edited:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Salon.com published a good article debunking the claim that "Russian influence" handed the election to Trump in 2016. Here's the link: The debunked "Russian influence" nonsense is infantilizing liberals

Savvy Clinton supporters (and even Clinton herself) know that the outcome of the 2016 election was not altered by Putin, but the false claim makes for good deflection from Clinton's own "shortcomings" as a presidential candidate (to put it mildly).

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

It's interesting to compare the voter turnout for the last two elections. In 2016, both primary candidates were appalling and as I've stated several times on here, America was shortchanged on the score. It didn't come as that much of a surprise that Clinton lost and I think the dems thought it was a done deal she was going to win. Stupid really but it happens in politics. For a UK comparison, the labour party retained a pretty much unelectable candidate in the form of Jeremy Corbyn and surprise surprise, the conservative party won with a landslide last election. After four years of Trump it was a fair bet that the vote turnout would be significantly higher in 2020 and that goes for both sides which turned out to be the case.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Flip Michigan and leave the rest of the map, and Trump is still president-elect. But to people who worked in that state and others, how Clinton won the popular vote by 2.8 million votes and lost by 100,000 in states that could have made her president has everything to do with what happened in Michigan. Trump won the state despite getting 30,000 fewer votes than George W. Bush did when he lost it in 2004.

“I’ve never seen a campaign like this,” said Virgie Rollins, a Democratic National Committee member and longtime political hand in Michigan who described months of failed attempts to get attention to the collapse she was watching unfold in slow-motion among women and African-American millennials.

Rollins doesn’t need a recount to understand why Clinton lost the state.

“When you don’t reach out to community folk and reach out to precinct campaigns and district organizations that know where the votes are, then you’re going to have problems,” she said.

With Clinton’s team ignoring or rejecting requests, Democratic operatives in Michigan and other battleground states might have turned to the DNC. But they couldn’t; they weren’t allowed to ask for help. State officials were banned from speaking directly to anyone at the DNC in Washington.

Read more at the source: