Bernie and the money tree

Right Divider

Body part
Bernie Sanders says that his medicare for all will cost $30-40 TRILLIONS DOLLARS over the next 10 years!

That does not include all of the other "free stuff" that Bernie is going to bless everyone with.

Bernie is one clueless dude!!!

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Eh, not much of a Bernie fan ... in this case, he should say Mexico will pay for it.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And still yet, almost 3 million *more* US citizens agree with me. :)

Right Divider

Body part
And still yet, almost 3 million *more* US citizens agree with me. :)
Would you care to stick to the topic?

Bernie Sanders is as dumb as can be regarding money (and many other things).

Where on earth will he get $30-40 TRILLION DOLLARS on TOP of all the other expenses that already exist and ALSO his OTHER "free stuff"?

In one example that he gives, an average tax payer might pay 8000 dollars more in taxes, but will not be paying 12,000 dollars that they would be paying for out of pocket medical expenses (insurance, co-pays, etc.). So, supposedly, the taxpayer is gaining 4000 dollars in saved costs. BUT at the same time, he is saying that his plan will cost $30-40 TRILLION DOLLARS over 10 years. These two things are mutually exclusive.

Of course, he says that "the rich will pay the lions share".... sorry Bernie ... the "rich" don't have that kind of dough.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Bernie's too shrewd a political operator to state it clearly, but he's a proponent of a guaranteed minimum income

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Would you care to stick to the topic?

Certainly. It could start with utilizing the money allocated for *the wall*, firing every employee associated with border security and reversing the Trump-Tax give away for the 1%.

There is nothing obscene about wanting ALL individuals to have quality healthcare. I am not going to bash Bernie or any other candidate for actually caring about the health and welfare for ALL.

Right Divider

Body part
Certainly. It could start with utilizing the money allocated for *the wall*, firing every employee associated with border security and reversing the Trump-Tax give away for the 1%.
No security at the border... that's brain dead.

Please SHOW us the MATH. Note that the "border wall" accounts for maybe a few BILLION dollars and NOT 10's of TRILLIONS.

There is NOT $30-40 TRILLION DOLLARS over 10 years there.

There is nothing obscene about wanting ALL individuals to have quality healthcare.
That is not relevant to the question at hand.

We should all want everyone to have everything. But in a world of limited resources, money does NOT grow on trees.

I am not going to bash Bernie or any other candidate for actually caring about the health and welfare for ALL.
Once again, we live in the real world and not Bernie's or your fantasy world.

Gary K

Banned

There is nothing obscene about wanting ALL individuals to have quality healthcare. I am not going to bash Bernie or any other candidate for actually caring about the health and welfare for ALL.

In other words, your proposed payment plan is to induce very high rates of unemployment by both destroying jobs and by allowing mass infiltration of our borders which will lower wages for everyone and add to the welfare roles. Thus you will lower the government's tax revenue and increase government spending to pay for an additional $3-4 trillion a year in spending. :rolleyes:

I see you buy into AOC's ideas of how an economy works. As she is one of the dumber politicians, right up there with the Democrat who was afraid the island of Guam would tip over and sink because the Navy was pouring concrete, we've ever had I would recommend that you start doing some research into economics outside of your ideology.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Rusha cannot even discuss the outrageous cost that Bernie.

It’s not outrageous that I care about the health and welfare of all. Affordable healthcare for all is virtuous. It’s not like he is suggesting purchasing Greenland or silly parades to celebrate his perceived awesomeness. THAT is wasting tax payer money.

Healthcare is not wasteful or frivolous ...

Right Divider

Body part
It’s not outrageous that I care about the health and welfare of all.
ONCE AGAIN.... nobody said that! That is fallacious logic... that is nothing but a DISTRACTION from the TOPIC.

Affordable healthcare for all is virtuous.
So just exactly how do you consider $30-40 TRILLIONS DOLLARS over 10 years to be "affordable"?

Where is this magic money going to come from? The money fairy?

It’s not like he is suggesting purchasing Greenland or silly parades to celebrate his perceived awesomeness. THAT is wasting tax payer money.
So AGAIN, you cannot comment on the actual topic.

Healthcare is not wasteful or frivolous ...
:juggle:

Right Divider

Body part
@Rusha

So a thread is "frivolous" because you "disagree with the premise"?

How about you actually ADDRESS the premise?

Where will is this $30-40 TRILLION DOLLARS over 10 years come from?

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
@Rusha

So a thread is "frivolous" because you "disagree with the premise"?

How about you actually ADDRESS the premise?

Where will is this $30-40 TRILLIONS DOLLARS over 10 years come from?
It sure won't come from taxes...

Not unless the government increased taxes by 1000%, and by that point, no one's making any money anyways, not even the government.

Right Divider

Body part
It sure won't come from taxes...

Not unless the government increased taxes by 1000%, and by that point, no one's making any money anyways, not even the government.
Bernie and other deceivers like him are masters at promising people other people's money. And in this case, money that does not even exist.

I just can't believe how many suckers out there believe him.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Bernie isn't offering "free stuff ". If our government handled its financial priorities the right way , we COULD provide good and universal health care , make college affordable etc . We could create millions of jobs in all fields and rebuild our crumbling infrastructure etc .
But it doesn't. It wastes much too much money on our military and other things, the rich pay far too little in taxes, and churches don't pa taxes at all .
The money to make life affordable of rAmerica IS there, but it's not being used for the right things . Every year our government wastes billions of dollars on completely unnecessary military expenditures . So whenever you vote Republican, you are voting agains your own interests .