Trump: Racist Firestorm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quip View Post
    You really need someone to hold your hand on this?

Fascinating!

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post
      Its ok

I understand

You're embarrassed

You spoke without thinking and now you feel angry

We're all friends here quip, you don't have to feel ashamed of your ignorance
      Fascinating!
      _/\_

Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

Comment

Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
        But I like feeding him....it's just so fascinating.
        _/\_

Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

Comment

Can you give a single specific example?
          Uhh, shall we talk about the Latino judge that Trump said couldn't be fair because he was of Mexican heritage (born in Indiana).

The "muslim" ban, that affected nearly all people of Middle Eastern Descent.

The current insistence on poor facilities for people crossing the southern border, family separation, deportation of people here for medical treatment. These affect mostly Latinx people and the global poor which are often non-white.

He wanted to defund the EPA office of environmental justice (Tries to promote racial equity in environmental issues).

Remarks about S-hole countries and how we should get more immigrants from Norway.

The consistent dismissal of the problems in Puerto Rico, but approval of aid for Florida.

Mass shooters that are white supremacists are little talked about or called "crazy", but muslim shooters he rails about.

I could keep going but . . .
          “We do not believe in God because we need to explain this or that feature of the world. That is what science is for. We believe in God because we see something deeper in the world, something that transcends the scientific explanations.” - Karl Giberson Ph.D.

- The science and faith of theistic evolution explained.

Comment

Originally posted by Alate_One View Post

I could keep going but . . .

.... but I asked for ONE

pick one and let's see it it supports your assertion

Comment

Maybe we should discuss the immigration policies since that seems to be the center of Trump's racism and xenophobia.
              “We do not believe in God because we need to explain this or that feature of the world. That is what science is for. We believe in God because we see something deeper in the world, something that transcends the scientific explanations.” - Karl Giberson Ph.D.

Comment

It isn't a blanket opposition of illegal immigration. Most people simply overstay their visas, does Trump's ICE go after people from the UK that overstayed their visa? No, he goes after people crossing the southern border, who he called rapists and criminals.

You really have to be in denial to not see what is going on.
                Hi, newbie.

Where is the evidence for a global flood?
                E≈mc2
                "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
                -Bob B.

Comment

Maybe we should discuss the immigration policies since that seems to be the center of Trump's racism and xenophobia.
                  So you want a discussion where the bar to entry is that participants must believe someone to be a racist.

Because you're new here, I'm gonna give you a break, just this once.
                  E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

Ok, let's tackle the "muslim ban" aka the travel ban

Did trump propose a ban on immigration from the three countries with the largest populations of muslims - Indonesia, Pakistan and india?

Comment

Did trump propose a ban on immigration from the three countries with the largest populations of muslims - Indonesia, Pakistan and india?
                      Ooh, ooh. Pick me! No, he didn't, but only because he is racist.
                      E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

Bingo!

Stripe gets a cookie!

Now, continuing with the travel ban, of the countries targeted in the travel ban (countries upon which Obama had placed travel restrictions), were only muslims banned, or were all citizens banned, regardless of their ethnicity, skin color or religious identification?

Comment

OK, now let's take a look at this claim of yours:

first of all, let's note that the ban did not affect people of Middle Eastern descent who were not citizens of the specific countries targeted

American citizens of middle eastern descent, for example

Canadian citizens of middle eastern descent

etc.

Secondly, let's turn to the World Atlas to see which countries are "Middle Eastern":

now let's look at the countries targeted by the travel ban (the most extensive of the three travel bans):

now do a mental Venn diagram and let's see which countries in the first group don't overlap with the countries in the second group

that would be the muslim-majority Middle Eastern counries of:

Turkey
                          Egypt
                          Saudi Arabia
                          Oman
                          UAE
                          Qatar
                          Kuwait
                          Jordan
                          Palestine
                          Lebanon

and Israel

So, more muslim countries excluded from the travel ban than included in it

can we agree that your claim:

is inaccurate?

Comment

Ok, let's tackle the "muslim ban" aka the travel ban

No, but it wasn't just about religion it was also about race, which is what makes it racist. Banning the entire population of a country because of the actions of a few people is the definition of a racist action. No terrorists on US soil have ever come from the original banned countries on the list either, so if it's not grouping people by race, what is it?

Mind you some countries were excluded for reasons other than race, Trump has some kind of fascination with Saudi Arabia and likely some military cooperation and/or business ties excluded Pakistan, Egypt and Turkey.

All of that said I was really looking at the immigration issues on the southern border, which seems to be Trump's singular obsession.

Comment

can we agree that your claim:

is inaccurate?
                              You misread what I said. I meant the people the ban included were nearly all people of middle eastern descent, not that the entire global population of middle eastern people were banned.

I'm pretty sure North Korea and Venezuela were tossed in, in a naked attempt to say "look it's not racist!"

Comment

Banning the entire population of a country because of the actions of a few people is the definition of a racist action.
                                only if the ethnic makeup of the country is homogeneous

or if you re-define "race" to mean "country of origin"

Comment

Working...
                                X