Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will face Trump in the election of 2020?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who will face Trump in the election of 2020?

    President Trump formally launched his 2020 re-election campaign on Tuesday in front of a large crowd in Orlando, Florida, telling them "We are going to keep making America great again and then we will indeed keep America great..We are going to keep it better than ever before and that is why I stand before you tonight to officially launch my campaign for a second term as president of the United States"

    So who will face Trump, it certainly wont be Biden as everyone sees him as too weak and indecisive no matter what the polls say. And Bernie Sanders has been loosing ground since last running for the office so it doesn't look good, so who will it be?

  • #2
    I am going to go with my first and second choice. Biden and Warren. Not everyone sees Biden as *weak*. I see him as an upgrade who will bring America BACK to the respectability (with our allies that we once had).

    Warren is more about policy and standing for middle and lower class Americans rather than the 1%. I don't care much for Sanders but he would receive my "anyone but" vote.
    TRUST
    is a fragile thing.

    Easy to break, Easy to lose
    and one of the hardest things to
    ever get back.







    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah baby!


      creepy uncle Joe and Pocohontas = four more years of trump!

      Comment


      • #4
        Don't count out Kamala Harris.
        Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

        What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

        I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
        . -Ktoyou

        I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ok doser View Post
          Yeah baby!


          creepy uncle Joe and Pocohontas = four more years of trump!
          If Trump is actually reelected it's going to be crazy. Just watching arrogant, self-righteous, full-of-themselves, snarky SJW types cry like babies is interesting. These guys epitomize the SJW leftist types I despise.

          Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

          What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

          I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
          . -Ktoyou

          I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by The Berean View Post
            If Trump is actually reelected it's going to be crazy. Just watching arrogant, self-righteous, full-of-themselves, snarky SJW types cry like babies is interesting. These guys epitomize the SJW leftist types I despise.
            Dave Rubin used to work with Cenk and crew, grew disillusioned and left and now does his own podcasts - i found him through the one he did with jordan peterson, but he's done quite a few others that i've enjoyed

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ok doser View Post
              Dave Rubin used to work with Cenk and crew, grew disillusioned and left and now does his own podcasts - i found him through the one he did with jordan peterson, but he's done quite a few others that i've enjoyed
              It looks like Rubin and Cenk hate each other now. They've traded insults often over the years.
              Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

              What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

              I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
              . -Ktoyou

              I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rusha View Post
                I am going to go with my first and second choice. Biden and Warren. Not everyone sees Biden as *weak*. I see him as an upgrade who will bring America BACK to the respectability (with our allies that we once had).

                Warren is more about policy and standing for middle and lower class Americans rather than the 1%. I don't care much for Sanders but he would receive my "anyone but" vote.
                True, but he has shown himself to be so, just look at the backtracking he had to do on the abortion stand. As for Warren, I like her, but you know after Hillary, the scorched earth style left everyone a bit gun shy on pulling that trigger. I cant see them taking a chance again and going through another devastating election night disappointment.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by The Berean View Post
                  Don't count out Kamala Harris.
                  She seems to have made some enemies already....https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...san-francisco/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                    She seems to have made some enemies already....https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...san-francisco/
                    This is well known here in California. It will be interesting to see if she appeals to broad based voter coalition.
                    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

                    What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

                    I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
                    . -Ktoyou

                    I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by The Berean View Post
                      This is well known here in California. It will be interesting to see if she appeals to broad based voter coalition.
                      i don't get any sense that she does, but then bammy was the darkest of horses before a few speeches got him noticed back in 2007 (2008? - when did he catch fire?)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by The Berean View Post
                        This is well known here in California. It will be interesting to see if she appeals to broad based voter coalition.
                        I would rather see Bernie Sanders, at least he is much more upfront and honest then these other candidates.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                          True, but he has shown himself to be so, just look at the backtracking he had to do on the abortion stand. As for Warren, I like her, but you know after Hillary, the scorched earth style left everyone a bit gun shy on pulling that trigger. I cant see them taking a chance again and going through another devastating election night disappointment.
                          Trump apparently fears Biden most, and probably should. Biden is strongest specifically in those swing states that Trump has to win to get a second term.

                          Trump's March internal polling showed him far behind Biden in battleground states: ABC


                          President Trump’s first internal campaign poll showed him trailing far behind Democratic front-runner and former Vice President Joe Biden in key battleground states, his campaign confirmed to ABC News in a report published Friday.

                          The data revealed Biden had a double-digit 55 percent to 39 percent lead in Pennsylvania, a 51-41 percent lead in Wisconsin and a 7 point lead in Florida. Trump was shown to be ahead by only 2 points in Texas, which has a strong Republican base.

                          The poll was conducted between March 15 and March 28, ABC News reported.
                          https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pres...ry?id=63718268
                          This message is hidden because ...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                            President Trump formally launched his 2020 re-election campaign on Tuesday in front of a large crowd in Orlando, Florida, telling them "We are going to keep making America great again and then we will indeed keep America great..We are going to keep it better than ever before and that is why I stand before you tonight to officially launch my campaign for a second term as president of the United States"
                            He will always have large crowds so long as he keeps the undying support of about 43% of voters.

                            But that is not enough to win 2020. He has to convince independents and suburban GOP women that he will be better than whoever the Dems put up.

                            And if they put up a woman who presents herself as not radical, he will have a problem.

                            That woman could be Harris.

                            She is able to change her views on anything, even back and forth over time, so long as they align with the most recent polls.

                            Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                            . . . it certainly wont be Biden as everyone sees him as too weak and indecisive no matter what the polls say.
                            As a genius lawyer, Harris can make arguments, and ask penetrating questions, that make her present views (whatever they may be) seem as the only logical conclusion.

                            Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                            . . . Bernie Sanders has been loosing ground since last running for the office so it doesn't look good, so who will it be?
                            Bernie made the mistake of overexposure. People are getting sick of his shtick.

                            Harris has been wise not to overexpose herself, not to peak too early, not to make people sick of her.

                            She will put in a solid performance in the upcoming debate, keeping her in the top four or five, but still biding her time until Biden and Bernie burn themselves out.

                            Bernie only lasted so long in 2016 because of how many Dems hated Hillary.

                            Also, Pocahontas could begin to burn out due to seeming too intense.

                            The WSJ had an interesting poll recently which showed that Dems want someone who is not intense (like Trump), or radical in policy (like Sanders), but who is more calm and steady.

                            CALMala Harris could be their answer.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
                              The data revealed Biden had a double-digit 55 percent to 39 percent lead [over Trump] in Pennsylvania, a 51-41 percent lead in Wisconsin and a 7 point lead in Florida. Trump was shown to be ahead by only 2 points in Texas, which has a strong Republican base.

                              The poll was conducted between March 15 and March 28, ABC News reported.
                              But these are such early days. And even ABC recently ran a detailed story regarding Biden's son and a billion-dollar Chinese deal with him while Biden was VP. (And even now Biden is saying that China is no competitor to the U.S.) There was also a problem with cocaine being found in a car rented by his son, but with no charges ever being filed.

                              That ABC would run such stories shows that the leftist media is not beholden to Biden, but could take him down as not leftist enough.

                              In order to win 2020, the Dem nominee will have to thread the needle of being leftist enough for the media but not too left to annoy independents or suburban GOP women.

                              The nominee will have to also not have serious clouds like the Biden-China deal hanging over him or her.

                              Imagine if Trump's son made a billion-dollar deal with Russia while Trump was in office. The media and Dem House would go berserk.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X