With the coming of the New Covenant about 2000 years ago, enforce the Law of Moses?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Should we enforce the Law of Moses?

I believe that forgiveness somehow relates to the New Covenant, which is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. We still have God's Law, but I don't know how the New Covenant is not like the Old.

Jeremiah 31:32 NASB - 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the LORD.​

We establish the Law on faith.

Romans 3:31 NASB - 31 Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law.​

However, the Law is not of faith.

Galatians 3:12 NASB - 12 However, the Law is not of faith; on the contrary, "HE WHO PRACTICES THEM SHALL LIVE BY THEM."​

Jesus said that He did not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets, but to fulfill.

Matthew 5:17 NASB - 17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.​

The enmity, that is the law of commandments contained in ordinances, has been abolished.

Ephesians 2:15 NASB - 15 by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, [which is] the Law of commandments [contained] in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, [thus] establishing peace,​

Is the Law of Moses eternal?

2 Timothy 3:16-17 NASB - 16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.​

Do we report and convict transgressors?

James 2:9 NASB - 9 But if you show partiality, you are committing sin [and] are convicted by the law as transgressors.​

Do we use right or just judgment?

John 5:30 NASB - 30 "I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

John 12:47 NASB - 47 "If anyone hears My sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world.

Matthew 7:1 NASB - 1 "Do not judge so that you will not be judged.

Luke 6:37 NASB - 37 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged; and do not condemn, and you will not be condemned; pardon, and you will be pardoned.​

Do not take your own revenge. Leave room for the wrath of God.

Romans 12:19 NASB - 19 Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath [of God,] for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord.​

God has appointed Jesus to be the Judge.

Luke 2:34 NASB - 34 And Simeon blessed them and said to Mary His mother, "Behold, this [Child] is appointed for the fall and rise of many in Israel, and for a sign to be opposed--

Acts 10:42 NASB - 42 "And He ordered us to preach to the people, and solemnly to testify that this is the One who has been appointed by God as Judge of the living and the dead.​

The New Covenant.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The new covenant is not yet.... therefore your problem.

If I can show you that the new covenant has already come to be from the Bible, then what?

Verses with the words new covenant in them.

Jeremiah 31:31 NASB - 31 "Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,

Luke 22:20 NASB - 20 And in the same way [He took] the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.

1 Corinthians 11:25 NASB - 25 In the same way [He took] the cup also after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink [it,] in remembrance of Me."

2 Corinthians 3:6 NASB - 6 who also made us adequate [as] servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Hebrews 8:8 NASB, Hebrews 8:13 NASB - 8 For finding fault with them, He says, "BEHOLD, DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL EFFECT A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH; ... 13 When He said, "A new [covenant,]" He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear.

Hebrews 9:15 NASB - 15 For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were [committed] under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Hebrews 12:24 NASB - 24 and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than [the blood] of Abel.​

For you is it not a question of if the Law of Moses is eternal, but whether or not the New Covenant has come yet?

Right Divider

Body part
If I can show you that the new covenant has already come to be from the Bible, then what?

Verses with the words new covenant in them.

Jeremiah 31:31 NASB - 31 "Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,

Luke 22:20 NASB - 20 And in the same way [He took] the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.

1 Corinthians 11:25 NASB - 25 In the same way [He took] the cup also after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink [it,] in remembrance of Me."

2 Corinthians 3:6 NASB - 6 who also made us adequate [as] servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Hebrews 8:8 NASB, Hebrews 8:13 NASB - 8 For finding fault with them, He says, "BEHOLD, DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL EFFECT A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH; ... 13 When He said, "A new [covenant,]" He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear.

Hebrews 9:15 NASB - 15 For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were [committed] under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Hebrews 12:24 NASB - 24 and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than [the blood] of Abel.​

For you is it not a question of if the Law of Moses is eternal, but whether or not the New Covenant has come yet?
I understand why you think that those verses prove something, but they don't.

If it was just about anyone but you, I'd attempt an explanation.

But as Clete has demonstrated, there is no communicating with you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I understand why you think that those verses prove something, but they don't.

If it was just about anyone but you, I'd attempt an explanation.

But as Clete has demonstrated, there is no communicating with you.

Maybe someone else can reason with you. I don't see the big issue. I would love to get to the bottom of this matter with you and everyone else. I am not sure why the perceived decision of someone else would affect you in such a way. No need to gang up against me or pick a fight. I am here for you if you need me.

BTW there is communicating with me. Don't read Clete the wrong way.

Shalom.

Jacob

Right Divider

Body part
Thank you for sharing. This helps me to understand your perspective much better. I assume that you believe these things. Am I correct? Did you perchance write these things or do you agree with everything written here?
No, I did not write it.
And, yes... of course I agree with it or I would not have posted it.