What should be the punishment for rape?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I do not intend to rape anyone. What should be the punishment for rape?

I observe God's Law, and I do not know if it should be a death penalty or something less. Certainly the life lost should result in the rapist being killed, but is this argument from emotion allowed?

What does the law say that the penalty is, whether God's Law from the Law of Moses or otherwise, or otherwise (The Law of the United States of America, American Law, or the Law of the States whatever it is where the law is or would be found).

I feel that a known punishment would be a deterrent.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Deuteronomy 22:25-30 "But if a man finds a betrothed young woman in the countryside, and the man forces her and lies with her, then only the man who lay with her shall die. But you shall do nothing to the young woman; [there is] in the young woman no sin [deserving] of death, for just as when a man rises against his neighbor and kills him, even so [is] this matter."

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Death Penalty

Deuteronomy 22:25-27 King James Version (KJV)
25 But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die.

26 But unto the damsel thou shalt do nothing; there is in the damsel no sin worthy of death: for as when a man riseth against his neighbour, and slayeth him, even so is this matter:

27 For he found her in the field, and the betrothed damsel cried, and there was none to save her.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Deuteronomy 22:25-30 "But if a man finds a betrothed young woman in the countryside, and the man forces her and lies with her, then only the man who lay with her shall die. But you shall do nothing to the young woman; [there is] in the young woman no sin [deserving] of death, for just as when a man rises against his neighbor and kills him, even so [is] this matter."

The death penalty.
What about a man and woman unrelated to each other and not engaged, betrothed, or married? Love waits until marriage.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
in today's world, if a man did that with a woman, there would be no question of calling it rape

feminists have an aneurysm when the reverse scenario is presented to them :chuckle:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
What about a man and woman unrelated to each other and not engaged, betrothed, or married? Love waits until marriage.

Deuteronomy 22:28,29 "If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel’s father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What about it? The OP is referencing the act of rape. Rapists should receive the DP.

We don't have a definition for rape. Does it include those who are already with a committed spouse by betrothal, engagement, and marriage only?

Or is it a measure of force?

If not married some might say that it was consensual to get away with it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Deuteronomy 22:28,29 "If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel’s father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days."

Amen. I believe that you understand.

Do you believe that this is not rape or that it is?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Rape is non-consensual sex.

Some people say in marriage. Meaning a husband could rape his wife.

The problem is that by saying consensual is okay (are you saying this?) is wrong in situations where it is not okay. See Post 12 for what happens if two have consensual sex and they are neither of them married, engaged, or betrothed. Marriage after this is required. In what situation can the father say no to the man?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Some people say in marriage. Meaning a husband could rape his wife.

The problem is that by saying consensual is okay (are you saying this?) is wrong in situations where it is not okay. See Post 12 for what happens if two have consensual sex and they are neither of them married, engaged, or betrothed. Marriage after this is required. In what situation can the father say no to the man?

I am using *consent* as a criteria for rape.