No Death Penalty. What Is Your Position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Which OT laws/penalties do you consider binding on Christians? And why?

None of them, because none of them are on the books today. Do not murder? Murder is called a human right. Do not steal? That's how governments survive. Do not commit perjury? That's a lawyer's job description. Do not commit adultery? People hate God so much, they even celebrate homos pretending to be married.

Also, your question — the one I quoted, not the other version you opened with — you do not know what a Christian is. A Christian is a man who confesses Jesus Christ as Lord and saviour. His relationship with the law is irrelevant.

To your other question: Governments are obligated to uphold the law. They universally don't and make criminals of people who do the state's job for them.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
i don't believe you're allowed to say that

artie is a brilliant man with a keen intellect

glassjester

Also, your question — the one I quoted, not the other version you opened with — you do not know what a Christian is. A Christian is a man who confesses Jesus Christ as Lord and saviour. His relationship with the law is irrelevant.

Do you advocate for the death penalty for murderers? Why/why not?

Do you advocate for the death penalty for not keeping the Sabbath? Why/why not?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If, for example, in the struggle, I incapacitate him (thereby stopping his attack), it would be morally wrong for me to walk up to him and kill him, as he lay on the ground, helpless.

These types of people are never helpless so long as they continue to breath. Their goal in life is to destroy others.

ok doser

when you return Stripe, repeat after me:

artie is a brilliant man with a keen intellect

ok doser

Using the internet isn't decreed by God. Is it therefore inherently evil?

Was imprisonment/confinement a possible choice when God gave the Law to Moses? Of course

Was the internet? nope

were certain aspects of using the internet that apply as well today as three thousand years ago? of course

glassjester

Was imprisonment/confinement a possible choice when God gave the Law to Moses? Of course

Was the internet? nope

were certain aspects of using the internet that apply as well today as three thousand years ago? of course

Imprisonment may have been impractical or even impossible for a people wandering in the desert.

Anyway... Do you advocate for the death penalty for Sabbath breakers?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Imprisonment may have been impractical or even impossible for a people wandering in the desert.

There is a great need for massive prison reform. Starting with. ... using prison for ONLY those who can be reformed.

ok doser

shackled and bound men can walk - the Babylonians knew this

the answer i'd like to give to the sabbath question would be more nuanced than I can handle right now, but i would like to touch on "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" - I think it was an understandable and inevitable mistake of the founding fathers to exclude God from the constitution - one we've paid for to some degree throughout our country's history and one which we're paying for in spades today. I foresee the end of this country in my lifetime.

glassjester

the answer i'd like to give to the sabbath question would be more nuanced than I can handle right now,

How do you determine which OT capital offenses are nuanced, and which aren't? God did not decree that you should do that. Perhaps doing so is inherently evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.