Brazilian police arrest parrot

Gary K

Banned
There is no humor forum on TOL so I figured this hilarious bit of theater would have to be posted here.

Brazillian cops arrested a parrot for warning it's owners when the cops showed up to bust them for drug possession and distribution.

[h=2]Police took a parrot into custody in Brazil on Monday after it warned two drug dealers about an undercover raid, authorities confirmed this week.[/h] According to local reports, when the parrot noticed police officers Tuesday at its owners’ house in Teresina, it squawked, “Mum, the Police!” in Portuguese.
Despite the bird’s best efforts to alert its owners to the raid, police successfully arrested a man on charges of drug trafficking. Crack and heroin were found at the property as well as large quantities of money.
Police officers believe the parrot had been trained to spot police vehicles. “He must have been trained for this,” said one officer involved in the operation. “As soon as the police got close he started shouting.”

The rest of the article can be found at the link below.

https://www.breitbart.com/national-...nto-custody-for-warning-drug-dealers-of-raid/

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is no humor forum on TOL so I figured this hilarious bit of theater would have to be posted here.

Brazillian cops arrested a parrot for warning it's owners when the cops showed up to bust them for drug possession and distribution.

The rest of the article can be found at the link below.

https://www.breitbart.com/national-...nto-custody-for-warning-drug-dealers-of-raid/

I guess I miss the humor of drug dealers training an animal to alert them when the police are about to shut down their life destroying operation. Since animals can't be "arrested", how about you change your subject title to "Police confiscate parrot as evidence"?

Gary K

Banned
I guess I miss the humor of drug dealers training an animal to alert them when the police are about to shut down their life destroying operation. Since animals can't be "arrested", how about you change your subject title to "Police confiscate parrot as evidence"?

I see plenty of humor in the cops arresting a parrot and then attempting to interrogate it. I can just see it. Two cops playing good cop/bad cop with a parrot in an interrogation room, and the parrot just sitting there refusing to talk. That's the picture I see and there is plenty of humor in it. Polly want a cracker? asks the good cop. And the bad cop knocks the cracker to the floor saying, No cracker for you unless you talk....

Gary K

Banned
I hope they poked air holes in the ziplock bag before they put him on the shelf in the evidence room

LOL. There are all kinds of humorous things in this story if a person has both a sense of humor and some imagination.

I wonder if this was an African grey. Those birds have an incredible intelligence. I met one 25 or 30 years ago and always wanted one after that but couldn't see spending $1200-$1500 for a pet, and then have that pet outlive both me and my wife. The one I met could carry on a conversation with you.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I see plenty of humor in the cops arresting a parrot and then attempting to interrogate it. I can just see it. Two cops playing good cop/bad cop with a parrot in an interrogation room, and the parrot just sitting there refusing to talk. That's the picture I see and there is plenty of humor in it. Polly want a cracker? asks the good cop. And the bad cop knocks the cracker to the floor saying, No cracker for you unless you talk....

I'd be more interested in how the junkies trained the parrot to look for and then alarm the peddlers of death when the police are nearby. Did they practice with real life scenarios? Let's say they're selling heroin to a strung out 14 year old and a plainclothes narcotics unit pulls up. How would the parrot differentiate between a group of junkies that frequent the house to buy and distribute drugs to school children from law enforcement officers?

Gary K

Banned
I'd be more interested in how the junkies trained the parrot to look for and then alarm the peddlers of death when the police are nearby. Did they practice with real life scenarios? Let's say they're selling heroin to a strung out 14 year old and a plainclothes narcotics unit pulls up. How would the parrot differentiate between a group of junkies that frequent the house to buy and distribute drugs to school children from law enforcement officers?

It's pretty apparent that you have little imagination or sense of humor.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
[MENTION=20423]ffreeloader[/MENTION] - it's obvious that psychoboy thinks you approve of selling heroin to 14 year old school children

and that's not funny :nono:

to atone, you must repeatedly state that you do not approve of selling heroin to 14 year old school children

you may start now

ok doser

from the breitbart link:

"The parrot was taken to the police station where officers attempted to extract information from it. However, it reportedly refused to talk to police officers."

:darwinsm:

Aimiel

from the breitbart link:

"The parrot was taken to the police station where officers attempted to extract information from it. However, it reportedly refused to talk to police officers."

:darwinsm:
It's lawyer, a white rabbit, who happened to be running late for a very important date, told him to clam up.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

ok doser

Me too. Don't you hate it when humorless people screw up an otherwise entertaining thread?

that ad is horribly insensitive to people with broken legs!

and birds!

and 14 year-old schoolchildren junkies who are hooked on heroin! :sibbie:

Gary K

Banned
Me too. Don't you hate it when humorless people screw up an otherwise entertaining thread?

ACW and I have gone around and around a few times so I'm not surprised at his behavior on this thread. There are obviously still hard feelings on his part. But that's OK. He's entitled to his own feelings.

BTW, I love those old Aflac commercials. They displayed some real humor in those.

TrumpTrainCA

BANNED
Banned
ACW and I have gone around and around a few times so I'm not surprised at his behavior on this thread. There are obviously still hard feelings on his part. But that's OK. He's entitled to his own feelings.

BTW, I love those old Aflac commercials. They displayed some real humor in those.

When the pigeon says "Pays the doctors boy" I crack up every time