The Wreck of The Hillary Clinton

Gary K

Banned
I don't know how many people have seen this but thought I'd post it after running across it this afternoon. The Wreck of The Hillary Clinton is a parody of Gordon Lightfoot's The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. It's pretty funny but it would be a lot better if the guy could actually sing.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The premise of this song is false . It implies the Democrats think people shouldn't work and should only rely on the government for everything . It's a dumb, dumb, stupid, ridiculous and asinine song .

you're a brilliant man with a keen intellect, which makes me wonder if you're posting in the wrong thread

here's the lyrics:
The legend lives on from old Brooklyn on down
Of the wreck of the Hillary Clinton
The White House was hers, they had told her, for sure
There’s no way that the orange man will get in

With a loada donor cash many million dollars more
Than Don Trump’s enterprise had control of
The Clinton campaign was to suffer much pain
When the votes of November changed motives

Her crew was the pride of the liberal side
Coming out from the Democrat contest
As candidates go, she was way worse than most
But she had on her side media broadcasts

Concluding that she couldn’t win on herself
She set out to tear down the Donald
Little did she know he would go on to show
He was more like the one they called Ronald

When fall came around their campaigns hit the ground
Both of them had their share of misfortune
Hillary fell and Donald couldn’t tell
Whether he should even try to win

The debates were all tests of president-ness
And most said that Hillary won them
For in all three affairs Donald dwelt on his cares
Plus he did have to deal with some nose phlegm

When October came, the surprises were out
And boy were they hard on the Trump team
A “pussy” remark gave his party a rout
His campaign almost lost all of its steam

But Donald held on and refused to be gone
Though many protested against him
The rest of the fall he doubled down on the gall
That had earned him his primary big win

Does anyone know where the love of God goes
When elections turn minutes to hours?
The pundits had said Comey’s letter was dead
But the night defied their guessing powers

At first it had seemed that they’d all shout “YAAS QUEEN”
When the exit polls presaged her victory
Yet the Donald came through where the Great Lakes are blue
In the states where the weather is wintry

The pundits were told that the Blue Wall would hold
No way the Great Lakes could become red
But the night would go on to prove them all wrong
On Penn, Michigan, and Wisconsin

As farther below, the swing states would go
The Great Lakes had pushed Trump to conquest
They voted for him even though he had been
Rated by most as dishonest

In a swanky new pad in Brooklyn they cried
For the doom of the Democrat Party
On Twitter they wailed for their efforts had failed
Though they thought that their base had been hearty

The legend lives on from old Brooklyn on down
Of the wreck of the Hillary Clinton
Elections, they learned, must be actually earned
Lest the votes of November go Trumpin.’

i don't see anything in those lyrics that "... implies the Democrats think people shouldn't work and should only rely on the government for everything"

but you are a brilliant man with a keen intellect, so perhaps it's just too deep for me :idunno:

Arthur Brain

The premise of this song is false . It implies the Democrats think people shouldn't work and should only rely on the government for everything . It's a dumb, dumb, stupid, ridiculous and asinine song .

Sure it is, but some are pretty keen to avoid all of that and act rather weird instead for some reason...

ok doser

Sure it is, but some are pretty keen to avoid all of that and act rather weird instead for some reason...

what a perceptive, insightful contribution to the discussion arthur - your value to the site is incalculable

keep up the good work! :thumb:

and thank you!

Last edited:

quip

BANNED
Banned
i don't see anything in those lyrics that "... implies the Democrats think people shouldn't work and should only rely on the government for everything"

but you are a brilliant man with a keen intellect, so perhaps it's just too deep for me :idunno:

I agree. I don't see anything about the Dems thinking anything about government reliance. Rather it looks and sounds more like a redneck rally-cry for the Trumpster...though, akin to the popular voting majority, I'm a intelligent poster with a keen intellect...perhaps I just don't get it. :idunno:

Gary K

Banned

Hmmm.... I actually expected a whole lot more from you, Arthur, in the way of intellectual honesty. Horn? Not so much. I've read too many of his posts to be surprised by anything he says. To say that The Wreck of Hillary Clinton is about anything other than her loss of the 2016 presidential election takes a mindset that doesn't care a whit about what was actually said in the lyrics.

ok doser

Hmmm.... I actually expected a whole lot more from you, Arthur, in the way of intellectual honesty. Horn? Not so much. I've read too many of his posts to be surprised by anything he says. To say that The Wreck of Hillary Clinton is about anything other than her loss of the 2016 presidential election takes a mindset that doesn't care a whit about what was actually said in the lyrics.

Based on my experience with horn in the past, he never got past reading the thread title

Arthur Brain

I presumed The Horn was referring to a subsequent video, not the OP although in regards to that it was a pretty crap video in all honesty and as regards to the "singing" and lyrics...:freak:

Frankly, America was short changed in 2016 with the choice of viable candidates but it happens over here as well, such is the nature of the political machine. A choice between the tangerine twit currently in the WH or a has been who would have been equally uninterested about people but rather the power and prestige of the position.

ok doser

maybe he was talking about the ray stevens bit:

Well I told my wife we had to get control of the finances in our
household. We had to sit down
and make a budget we

could live by. I said we'll list
Our incomes and all our bills
So get the bills Honey if you will
And she got 'em and stacked them
On the table three piles high
Now I work two jobs and the wife cleans homes
and her daughter baby sits and her son mows lawns
But that budget wouldn't balance
no matter how we tried.
So I said let's do what the government does
It works for them it might
Work for us so I forgot my index
And morals and
Swallowed my pride
We took out every credit card
We could get and loaded
Them up with the maximum
Debt and borrowed from
Friends and family and even
Took out loans over seas
I borrowed at work had
Credit at the store till folks just wouldn't give
Us credit anymore. And I said
Honey the next step is
Clear to me
Now we got money
Obama money
Yeah we printing it in the basement
Just as fast as we can
We're making money
Obama money yeah we're
Livin' the Obama budget plan
Well we didn't use the money
To reduce our debt
There was a whole bunch of
Things we still wanted to get
Now that we had more money
Than ever before
So we built a deck and a patio
Put in a pool bought
A second home and took
All our friends on vacation
The cost of Dale's soul
Cause we got money
Obama money yeah we're
Printing it in the basement
Just as fast as we can
We're making money
Obama money. Yeah we're
Livin' the Obama budget plan
Budget sealing credit scoring
Don't worry about that I'll just
Print more of that money
Obama money yeah hey Honey
Make a run to office depot
I need more paper and hurry back
I got to pick up my new
Cadillac this afternoon
And I'm printing you up
A little surprise birthday serious
Package too ha ha boy
I sure hope them spoil sports
Republicans and tea party
Folks don't screw this up
Once you renounce any
Sense of decency it gets
Easier and easier
You know I think I'll just
Buy boardwalk and park place
Hey I wonder how much
They want for that general
Motors company there ha ha

but i still don't see the implication that "the Democrats think people shouldn't work and should only rely on the government for everything "

ok doser

I presumed The Horn was referring to a subsequent video, not the OP although in regards to that it was a pretty crap video in all honesty and as regards to the "singing" and lyrics...:freak:

Frankly, America was short changed in 2016 with the choice of viable candidates but it happens over here as well, such is the nature of the political machine. A choice between the tangerine twit currently in the WH or a has been who would have been equally uninterested about people but rather the power and prestige of the position.

The "tangerine twit" who has been successful in dealing with the economy, the Syrians, the north koreans?

ok doser

you're a brilliant man with a keen intellect, arthur, so I wonder how you reconcile the above statement and the fact that trump has done more for working class poor blacks and hispanics in two years than obama did in eight?

ok doser

The premise of this song is false . It implies the Democrats think people shouldn't work and should only rely on the government for everything .

isn't that exactly what was included in "the green new deal" that AOC pushed on the dems in congress, in the form of "guaranteed minimum income"?

those people who didn't work or couldn't work or didn't earn enough should have their needs met by the government, should rely on the government for everything?