Islam, Muslims, Theocratic, Sharia Law, and Christianity in National Politics

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The United States of America has Christianity or the Judeo-Christian Culture for its backing.

But if we are talking about politics, if people gather around their Christianity does this allow for Muslims to gather around their ideals as well? What really is the issue here? Theocratic to Sharia Law as opposed to health reasons or concerns seems to be Theologically charged in some way. I am trying to say it is something like crazy nationalism. Where a person's beliefs are grouped with those of like mind and in the name of God, but opposed to God which is why it is dangerous.

So, Sharia Law. What is it and why are we against it? Why should we not allow Muslims and Islam an inroad into America Politics? How do we confront this simply and with the necessary directness and in grace that is needed or required of us as we live our lives for God and Christ?

Shalom.

Jacob

Aimiel

Under Sharia law a woman has no rights and homosexuals are put to death. Thieves have their hand cut off and many other atrocities are committed in the name of their false god.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Under Sharia law a woman has no rights and homosexuals are put to death. Thieves have their hand cut off and many other atrocities are committed in the name of their false god.
How does this compare with the Torah and the God of the Bible?

Aimiel

He would have obedience, to the new law of grace, rather than sacrifice. Forgiveness is what sets us free from hatred.

Aimiel

If you take note of names and their origin, there's a female apostle named in Scripture: Junia.

Aimiel

You are welcome to make your case. I have nothing against women or females.
Sharia law does. Women are prisoners, subjected to many restrictions that don't apply to males. Repression is the rule of the day when it comes to Sharia law and women.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Sharia law does. Women are prisoners, subjected to many restrictions that don't apply to males. Repression is the rule of the day when it comes to Sharia law and women.

If you would like to make your case feel free to do so. Otherwise, please politely refrain from making claims that you cannot back up or support. You have said that there is a woman apostle in scripture but you have not provided any scripture itself.

Aimiel

Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellow-prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me. -- Romans 16:7

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
There is only way Sharia will ever come to America : if a coalition of Muslims are actually able to overthrow the US government and seize power . Not very likely to say the least ! In fact, the likelihood of this is just about zero .
The real threat to America is creeping CHRISTIAN Sharia, which the religious right wants to impose on America . And with Mike Pence as V.P. , this is much more likely than a Muslim takeover of America . Theocracy is terrible no mater what religion has absolute power .

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Theocracy is terrible no mater what religion has absolute power .
What if the religion acknowledges, recognizes, affirms, and protects the inalienable right to religious liberty, as part of its beliefs? What then?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There is only way Sharia will ever come to America : if a coalition of Muslims are actually able to overthrow the US government and seize power . Not very likely to say the least ! In fact, the likelihood of this is just about zero .
The real threat to America is creeping CHRISTIAN Sharia, which the religious right wants to impose on America . And with Mike Pence as V.P. , this is much more likely than a Muslim takeover of America . Theocracy is terrible no mater what religion has absolute power .
There is only one God, Theocracy or not.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The United States of America has Christianity or the Judeo-Christian Culture for its backing.
I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean by this...we're a nation largely still comprised of Christians, but we aren't a Christian nation. That is, our government is one willfully created to protect religious right while maintaining no particular religious institution as its wheelhouse.

So Muslims who can accept our process and form are as welcomed and protected as any Jew, Hindu, Christian, etc.

Sharia law in terms of domestic, civil matters, provided it functions within the framework of our law, is no more impermissible than Hasidic courts maintained by Jews. In fact, so long as they are subject to our civil authority and precedent they can be an aid, by reducing the drain on secular courts.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

you're still quivering with rage over the fact that trump beat hillary, aren't you?

'cause i can't think of any other reason for your irrational belief that Vice President Pence wants to establish a Christian theocracy

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
... our government is one willfully created to protect religious right ...
The inalienable right to religious liberty. Laws that acknowledge, recognize, affirm, and protect inalienable rights protect us from the police. It limits them. It also enables the police to protect our own inalienable rights from civilians who are attacking them. The idea of rights is a useful idea in the evolution of our laws, as we strive to be a people of laws, pledging allegiance to the highest law in the land, imo.