WW2

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Since the Q Anon thread has been hijacked by WW2 talk, those comments should be posted here.

Kit the Coyote

Well, we could have diverted all the resources being used to build an army and navy capable of fighting the Germans and Japanese for 5 years or so and build a wall between the US and Mexico. I'm sure that would have solved the problem. We could have called it the Maginot er I mean the Mexico line. :chuckle:

musterion

Well, we could have diverted all the resources being used to build an army and navy capable of fighting the Germans and Japanese for 5 years or so and build a wall between the US and Mexico. I'm sure that would have solved the problem. We could have called it the Maginot er I mean the Mexico line. :chuckle:

Better idea: withdraw all current U.S. military assets from Western Europe. Apply savings to building and maintaining the wall.

Kit the Coyote

Better idea: withdraw all current U.S. military assets from Western Europe. Apply savings to building and maintaining the wall.

I'm sure ISIS, AQ, Syria, Iran, and Russia would all be very supportive of that idea. But I don't think there were a lot of US military assets in Western Europe in 1942.

Aimiel

Methinks that if Arthur heard half the things I heard from my dad (two stars on his Purple Heart and a Bronze Star for valor in WWII) regarding silly 'limey' troops he encountered during his march across France and Germany, he'd shut his mouth and thank the good ole' US of A for saving his ancestors from being in work / concentration camps and possibly starving to death.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Methinks that if Arthur heard half the things I heard from my dad (two stars on his Purple Heart and a Bronze Star for valor in WWII) regarding silly 'limey' troops he encountered during his march across France and Germany, he'd shut his mouth and thank the good ole' US of A for saving his ancestors from being in work / concentration camps and possibly starving to death.

now to be fair, those limeys he encountered in WW2 were the result of forced breeding patterns that ensured that the worst of the worst would reproduce - the children of that unfortunate circumstance were what your father encountered

europe's best and brightest were largely killed off a generation before, at least in france, germany, holland, belgium, england, leaving the women in the population slim pickings when it came to marriage material

same thing happened after ww2, and we're still seeing the results of that play out today - subpar intelligences that are easily fooled by the leftist/liberal/progressive lie

ok doser

but to get back to artie's contention that if Britain had fallen, the subjugation of the us would have been a foregone conclusion

I'm going to assume that a defeated Britain is only possible if operation Barbarossa never happens - if hitler keeps stalin as an ally - and i discount any possible benefit from having Stalin as an ally (or mussolini for that matter) other than having a single western front to focus on. In that scenario, and based on Churchill's historical works, Britain would have fallen in late 41 or early 42.

I'm also going to assume Pearl Harbor and the declaration of war on Japan and the consequent militarization that ensued in the US from that event. We were very weak militarily in the beginning of 1942. Germany would have been at the peak of their strength. But they didn't have the troop transports needed, they hadn't planned an invasion of America to the nth degree (in good German fashion), they hadn't prepared for it.

Just a WAG, but a German invasion of America through a friendly Mexico couldn't have happened before late 43 or 44. By then, we would have been at full strength and capacity, we would have steamrolled over the japs and ended the war in the pacific. I'm also going to assume that the atomic bomb doesn't get developed, by either side.

So, in 44, we have a Germany triumphant in Europe, having consolidated its territorial wins and installed friendly governments (think Vichy), we have a Germany with the full industrial capacity of what's left of Britain (shipyards especially), a Germany with full access to and control of the oil fields in Arab-speaking lands - in other words, we have a German colossus, unbloodied by the foolish foray into Russia, in full control of the wealth and resources of all of Europe.

On the other hand, we have an America strong and unbloodied, with an industrial base converted to war production

Could Germany have attempted an invasion of America? Sure, and with a high chance of success, at least in securing some of the southern states.

But what's their strategy from there?

Oil, certainly, the fields in Texas and Oklahoma and Louisiana

how do they attack the industrial centers in the great lakes region?

and of course, we'd declare war on Mexico and take the fight to the Germans in Mexico long before they crossed the border into Texas - Mexico would cease to be a sovereign state - indeed, it would largely become uninhabitable if the war between titans played out there

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

Firstly, your dad was obviously a very brave man and complete respect for his service during the war. Secondly, second hand anecdotes don't alter facts. The combined allied forces defeated the Nazi threat, not America on its own.

The Berean

but to get back to artie's contention that if Britain had fallen, the subjugation of the us would have been a foregone conclusion

I'm going to assume that a defeated Britain is only possible if operation Barbarossa never happens - if hitler keeps stalin as an ally - and i discount any possible benefit from having Stalin as an ally (or mussolini for that matter) other than having a single western front to focus on. In that scenario, and based on Churchill's historical works, Britain would have fallen in late 41 or early 42.

I'm also going to assume Pearl Harbor and the declaration of war on Japan and the consequent militarization that ensued in the US from that event. We were very weak militarily in the beginning of 1942. Germany would have been at the peak of their strength. But they didn't have the troop transports needed, they hadn't planned an invasion of America to the nth degree (in good German fashion), they hadn't prepared for it.

Just a WAG, but a German invasion of America through a friendly Mexico couldn't have happened before late 43 or 44. By then, we would have been at full strength and capacity, we would have steamrolled over the japs and ended the war in the pacific. I'm also going to assume that the atomic bomb doesn't get developed, by either side.

So, in 44, we have a Germany triumphant in Europe, having consolidated its territorial wins and installed friendly governments (think Vichy), we have a Germany with the full industrial capacity of what's left of Britain (shipyards especially), a Germany with full access to and control of the oil fields in Arab-speaking lands - in other words, we have a German colossus, unbloodied by the foolish foray into Russia, in full control of the wealth and resources of all of Europe.

On the other hand, we have an America strong and unbloodied, with an industrial base converted to war production

Could Germany have attempted an invasion of America? Sure, and with a high chance of success, at least in securing some of the southern states.

But what's their strategy from there?

Oil, certainly, the fields in Texas and Oklahoma and Louisiana

how do they attack the industrial centers in the great lakes region?

and of course, we'd declare war on Mexico and take the fight to the Germans in Mexico long before they crossed the border into Texas - Mexico would cease to be a sovereign state - indeed, it would largely become uninhabitable if the war between titans played out there
Good analysis, doser. I would quibble that even if Germany conquered all of Europe how long could they have kept control? Germany wasn't a particularly large country in terms of population. They didn't have the numbers to control such a vast territory and also invade the US. By 1943 the US industrial war machine was in full swing and America was producing military hardware at unprecedented level. Any attempt of German invasion would have failed miserably IMHO.

The Berean

I grew up on a farm in a small farming town in northern California. The owner of the farm was a Japanese man who was interned during WW II. The internment of American citizens without due process is one of the most shameful acts by the US government ever. And it was unnecessary. Several government and military officials were strongly against the internment including FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover who believed there was no credible threat of espionage from Japanese-Americans and felt the internment was a waste of time and valuable resources.

Last edited:

ok doser

racist attitudes were more the norm back then than the exception - especially anti-semitism and anti-asian

but heck, it really covered everybody - anti irish, ,anti italian, anti-greek, anti catholic - anybody who wasn't a wasp was suspect

Last edited:

The Berean

racist attitudes were more the norm back then than the expception - especially anti-semitism and anti-asian

but heck, it really covered everybody - anti irish, ,anti italian, anti-greek, anti catholic - anybody who wasn't a wasp was suspect
Absolutely. Even Italian-Americans and German-Americans were interned, just in much smaller numbers. It was ironic that the main reason for the Japanese internment was the threat of espionage and sabotage. The Nazis actually sneaked German saboteurs into New Jersey in July 1942 with the intent of bombing East Coast manufacturing and power plants. Yet, after they were caught why weren't German-Americans interned by the tens of thousands?

Last edited:

Aimiel

Firstly, your dad was obviously a very brave man and complete respect for his service during the war. Secondly, second hand anecdotes don't alter facts. The combined allied forces defeated the Nazi threat, not America on its own.
I'd agree, to a point; that being: the United States Armed Forces did most of the fighting, most production of war machinery and provided naval and air support unprecedented in all of history. We still have the strongest military in the world and major weapons as yet: Top Secret.