The Return of Book-Burning

drbrumley

The Twittermob’s fury with un-woke novels has sinister echoes of the past, says Tim Dawson.

The Book Community has jumped the shark. Who are the ‘Book Community’? Well, they’re the nebulous group of super-woke flakes who bullied young-adult (YA) fantasy author Amelie Wen Zhao into pulling the publication of her debut novel, Blood Heir.

The Berean

This is ridiculous! The author wrote her book based on HER experience as a Chinese person and how slavery operates in SE Asia. The book burners can pound sand. If you don't like the book then don't buy it! These people are cowards who hide behind the anonymity of the Internet. At least Guy Montag and the Thought Police of Oceania broke your door down and faced you face to face.

Last edited:

DarkAsylum

why are they burning it its a true story of what happened to her is there anything that is against the bible or anything like that i dont know the book av not read it

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
This is ridiculous! The author wrote her book based on HER experience as a Chinese person and how slavery operates in SE Asia. The book burners can pound sand. If you don't like the book then don't buy it! These people are cowards who hide behind the anonymity of the Internet. At least Guy Montag and the Thought Police of Oceania broke your door down and faced you face to face.

i'm socially medialy ignorant, to a large degree - i facebook, mostly marketplace, several hobby groups and that's it. Not sure with facebook or twitter - you can have anonymous accounts on either?

The Berean

i'm socially medialy ignorant, to a large degree - i facebook, mostly marketplace, several hobby groups and that's it. Not sure with facebook or twitter - you can have anonymous accounts on either?

Absolutely. Thus we have a legion of leftist Internet Tough Guys™ and Keyboard Warriors™. The only leftists that will actually fight you in the streets are the Antifa goons.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Absolutely. Thus we have a legion of leftist Internet Tough Guys™ and Keyboard Warriors™. The only leftists that will actually fight you in the streets are the Antifa goons.
Just another example of our resident conservatives seeking more "ted meat" to satisfy their anti-leftist "fixation" and a futile attempt to divert forum attention away from "YOU KNOW WHO!"

The Berean

Just another example of our resident conservatives seeking more "ted meat" to satisfy their anti-leftist "fixation" and a futile attempt to divert forum attention away from "YOU KNOW WHO!"
what are you talking about? This thread is about leftist SJW types who got a book banned through Internet whining because they didn't like the content of the book.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
jgarden thinks that tol should be all trump, all the time

because he's insane