Why Stop At Birth?

glorydaz

Can you give an example?

Sorry, I just read that New York was the 20th state with like laws.

Iowa is trying to outlaw at heartbeat.

Many states set the date of viability at 26 or 28 weeks, but that "viability" age is going down all the time thanks to modern medicine.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
You can't prohibit abortion without obstructing the Constitution.

sure we can - we did for a couple hundred years, until a certain supreme court made up new "rights" for voters and disregarded the fact that they were condemning millions upon millions of babies to death

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You can't prohibit abortion without obstructing the Constitution.
So
it is by de facto a right.
Murder is not a right.

Abortion is murder (or attempted murder, if it fails).

Ergo, abortion is not a right.

The constitution is not the standard for morality. GOD is.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
baby:
1541147096956.jpg

murdered baby:
Aborted-child.jpg

see the difference, cruci?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Many states set the date of viability at 26 or 28 weeks, but that "viability" age is going down all the time thanks to modern medicine.

I think it's likely that even when viability is set, it can be ignored under certain circumstances.

From what I've read, the NY law is just being celebrated as "progressive," but it's nothing radically different.

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
see the difference, cruci?

I never said I thought it wasn't immoral.

The issue I have is how there are ways to drop abortion rates other than trying in vain to outlaw them. There are plenty of compelling arguments to show that abortion causes more harm than good to women, but you're simply stuck so much on it being murder that you don't want to make any difference if you can't stop it altogether.
And that's just a crazy way of thinking- put that line of thinking to anything that is criminal and you'll see immediately why.

glorydaz

I think it's likely that even when viability is set, it can be ignored under certain circumstances.

From what I've read, the NY law is just being celebrated as "progressive," but it's nothing radically different.

It's how a judge is allowed to define the emotional health of the mother. I've seen those women in the Women's March.....they are NOT emotionally healthy on their best day.

glorydaz

I never said I thought it wasn't immoral.

The issue I have is how there are ways to drop abortion rates other than trying in vain to outlaw them. There are plenty of compelling arguments to show that abortion causes more harm than good to women, but you're simply stuck so much on it being murder that you don't want to make any difference if you can't stop it altogether.
And that's just a crazy way of thinking- put that line of thinking to anything that is criminal and you'll see immediately why.

Everything has a bottom line.

Killing a viable baby is murder.....squirm all you want, that is the bottom line.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The issue I have is how there are ways to drop abortion rates other than trying ... to outlaw them.

There were ways to drop slavery rates other than outlawing it.

There are plenty of compelling arguments to show that abortion causes more harm than good to women, but you're simply stuck so much on it being murder that you don't want to make any difference if you can't stop it altogether.
What difference have regulations made?

:AMR:

It's how a judge is allowed to define the emotional health of the mother.

I would go to the state statute and look at the wording. The public debate usually has almost nothing to do with what is written in the law. For example, in New Zealand there is a push from the far left to remove abortion from the criminal code. The pro-life industry there reacts by saying it should remain in the criminal code.

Meanwhile, the rules say abortion is allowed through all nine months (something both sides ignore).

glorydaz

There were ways to drop slavery rates other than outlawing it.

What difference have regulations made?

:AMR:

I would go to the state statute and look at the wording. The public debate usually has almost nothing to do with what is written in the law. For example, in New Zealand there is a push from the far left to remove abortion from the criminal code. The pro-life industry there reacts by saying it should remain in the criminal code.

Meanwhile, the rules say abortion is allowed through all nine months (something both sides ignore).

Oh, I forget you are from New Zealand. Sounds like it's just as crazy there as it is here.

What I find odd is that a woman who leaves her newborn child in the dumpster is charged with murder, but if the abortionist injects a full term baby with poison, no one is charged with murder.

I'm convinced all babies go to be with the Lord, so I'm left trusting in His mercy instead of any of these laws.

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
I've failed to get anywhere with it? What makes you say something so dumb?

The only thing dumb is condemning everything because it's a lazy way of fueling your self-righteousness instead of doing things that matter.

I've seen this subject go literally nowhere in the past eight years here.
It's just (outcry about something) followed by 'abortion is murder' followed by (statement that is actually interesting) followed by (insert dead fetus).
Then repeat.