Why Stop At Birth?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
better keep some handy

f576624090.jpg
The last time I posted an image, I was reported and banned for a month for posting "spam!"

Kit the Coyote

Patient at 39 weeks: "Doctor, i'm anxious and depressed - i don't want this baby, i want to terminate this pregnancy. Just thinking about having a child makes me suicidal."

Doctor: "Patient's mental health and physical safety negatively affected by unwanted pregnancy, recommend abortion"

NYS legislature: "Go for it!"

Agreed you will find doctors who abuse the system, that will occur even if you made abortion illegal.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are there any states that do not allow abortion through all nine months of pregnancy?

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
Luckily, he provides substance to back up his objections.

You misspelled 'presumptions'

Are there any states that do not allow abortion through all nine months of pregnancy?

The vast majority of them do, but it doesn't matter because the context of the 'requirements' are both vague and open enough for a doctor to feel legally compelled to perform them either way. Most all women who want an abortion are for example mentally compromised and so it's necessary to terminate for their well being.

Abortion isn't going away, basically. It's tattooed into the infrastructure of American values the same as anything else; to 'rollback' on it is an absurd fantasy. Not that I agree with abortion but that's just reality and people should rather put their energy into something else.

glorydaz

I think there are 30 states that don't.

But, here's one for ya.

New Jersey has the additional requirement that abortions must be performed in a hospital past 14 weeks.

Meanwhile in New Jersey, lawmakers recently introduced a bill to prevent the slaughter of pregnant cows.​

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
Of course it will.

If this is true, then it also applies to slavery.

>False dichotomy
>False idea of how American rights work

You know why it's pointless to repeal the 2nd Amendment? Because Scotus will nonetheless have to call self defense a natural right on the simple basis that it was ever deemed such in the first place. This is a sort of circular infallibility the Founders cleverly put into America's working, ensuring particularly that the Bill of Rights isn't going anywhere regardless.

This is why trying to prohibit things that the Constitution allows is such a tricky and most often fruitless endeavor, and the matter with abortion doesn't even have enough swing to even reach Scotus.