Why Stop At Birth?

glorydaz

you don't recognize the danger that adulterers present?

you don't recognize the danger that homosexuals present?

:nono:

:sigh:

That's like claiming the government is in the business of fixing us instead of protecting us.

Are you liberal at heart?

glorydaz

I wonder how many murders are a result of infidelity of a spouse or lover...

And how many fewer adulterers and homosexuals there would be if adultery and homosexuality were capital crimes.

I wonder how many husbands let a spirit of jealousy come over them, instead of forgiving their wives?

Numbers 5:12 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, If any man's wife go aside, and commit a trespass against him, 13 And a man lie with her carnally, and it be hid from the eyes of her husband, and be kept close, and she be defiled, and there be no witness against her, neither she be taken with the manner; 14 And the spirit of jealousy come upon him, and he be jealous of his wife, and she be defiled: or if the spirit of jealousy come upon him, and he be jealous of his wife, and she be not defiled:

15 Then shall the man bring his wife unto the priest, and he shall bring her offering for her, the tenth part of an ephah of barley meal; he shall pour no oil upon it, nor put frankincense thereon; for it is an offering of jealousy, an offering of memorial, bringing iniquity to remembrance.​

That is a problem that should be solved at home....without any government intervention.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
That's like claiming the government is in the business of fixing us instead of protecting us.

one of the purposes of law is to guide behavior, to communicate societal norms and acceptable values

good law (Godly law) communicates Godly societal norms and values

bad law (man's law) communicates unGodly values, values such as killing your child is ok, sexual perversion is ok

let's talk a bit about your belief that government is in the business of "protecting us" - you've used that often lately - what exactly do you mean by it?

ok doser

I wonder how many murders are a result of infidelity of a spouse or lover...

And how many fewer adulterers and homosexuals there would be if adultery and homosexuality were capital crimes.

i wonder how many failed marriages, broken homes and single parent children are the result of adultery :think:

but wait, there's no victims, right? :doh:

ok doser

I wonder how many husbands let a spirit of jealousy come over them, instead of forgiving their wives?

Numbers 5:12 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, If any man's wife go aside, and commit a trespass against him, 13 And a man lie with her carnally, and it be hid from the eyes of her husband, and be kept close, and she be defiled, and there be no witness against her, neither she be taken with the manner; 14 And the spirit of jealousy come upon him, and he be jealous of his wife, and she be defiled: or if the spirit of jealousy come upon him, and he be jealous of his wife, and she be not defiled:

15 Then shall the man bring his wife unto the priest, and he shall bring her offering for her, the tenth part of an ephah of barley meal; he shall pour no oil upon it, nor put frankincense thereon; for it is an offering of jealousy, an offering of memorial, bringing iniquity to remembrance.​

That is a problem that should be solved at home....without any government intervention.

Should government intervene in a marriage with spousal abuse?

glorydaz

What? I haven't yet been removed from this thread? :comeout:

one of the purposes of law is to guide behavior, to communicate societal norms and acceptable values

Ah, you're looking for a Nanny State. Gotcha. :thumb:

let's talk a bit about your belief that government is in the business of "protecting us" - you've used that often lately - what exactly do you mean by it?

Common defence against terrors foreign and domestic.

The Government is to protect us from attacks from abroad, and protect us from our own citizens within. Government 101

glorydaz

i wonder how many failed marriages, broken homes and single parent children are the result of adultery :think:

No more than are a result of alcohol and drug use, I can assure you.

but wait, there's no victims, right? :doh:

It's not the government's job to keep people happy, or protect people from themselves, and their own bad decisions.

That would require we set up that Nanny State you want.

Right Divider

Body part
Seems to me that you two (groups) are actually talking past each other.
I think that you agree on more than you disagree.
Just my two cents (before inflation).

glorydaz

you're willing to judge the world when it commits murder, rape, child molestation, spousal abuse

but you're unwilling to judge the world when it commits adultery and homosexuality

:think:

I just said we're not here to judge the world. Reading comprehension is not your best suit, is it? :chuckle:

If you pay close attention you won't get lost in the weeds quite so easily.