Why Stop At Birth?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Sure ya do. You and JR up there handing out death penalty sentences to all those adulterers and homosexuals.

nah, but we've been over this before

i want to hand out the same number of harsh sentences for the "sexual sins" you approve of as for those of which you don't approve

homosexuality = same as rape

adultery = same as child molestation

with the expectation that the harsh penalty will be as effective a deterrence in all cases

glorydaz

nah, but we've been over this before

i want to hand out the same number of harsh sentences for the "sexual sins" you approve of as for those of which you don't approve

homosexuality = same as rape

adultery = same as child molestation

with the expectation that the harsh penalty will be as effective a deterrence in all cases

Whoa whoa....over the line. I should report you. But the reporting system seems to be experiencing a glitch.

# 1. Do NOT falsely accuse me of "approving" of sexual sins.

# 2. Those harsh penalties you say were inflicted on the Jews, were most often thrown out of court (nullified) by SACRIFICES offered for the offenders by the priests.

You two want the penalties without the sacrifices which makes you EVIL, and mockers of God.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Whoa whoa....over the line. I should report you. But the reporting system seems to be experiencing a glitch.

I assure you, there is no glitch in the system.

If you have a problem, please ask for help.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
They're wrong, of course.

this would appear to indicate that you don't approve of homosexuality and adultery

it is not the government's place to judge or enforce issues of morality.

but this indicates that you approve of the government enforcing issues of morality when they are rape and child molestation but not when they are adultery and homosexuality

perhaps you can clear this up easily enough

why allow the government to judge or enforce laws regarding rape and child molestation but not homosexuality and adultery?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
These laws didn't work for Israel any better than they would today.
Do you think the catch-and-release program we have with murderers is better than executing them without mercy?

Only difference being that God gave the Jews an out.
If there are clauses that would make the laws I propose better, I'm all for them. Those things that God installed as an out for Israel were part of the law, even if they pointed to their saviour (which is what the law does).

glorydaz

Murder? Ie, abortion?

Murder is more than just a moral issue, and the government's job is to protect us from physical danger.... and that would include the unborn.

It is not the government's job to force us to marry those we copulate with.

It is not the government's job to police our activities in our marriage much less our bedrooms.

glorydaz

Do you think the catch-and-release program we have with murderers is better than executing them without mercy?

I have always believed in the death penalty for those who murder.

If there are clauses that would make the laws I propose better, I'm all for them. Those things that God installed as an out for Israel were part of the law, even if they pointed to their saviour (which is what the law does).

The laws and the sacrifices were for ISRAEL....not meant to be a pattern for society today.

Trying to imitate any of that is a fool's errand.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The laws and the sacrifices were for ISRAEL....not meant to be a pattern for society today.

Trying to imitate any of that is a fool's errand.

Hold on. The law given to Israel included do not murder, which you uphold. Is that not "imitation"?

Furthermore, I don't say that the law and sacrifices outlined for Israel should be implemented word-for-word today.

What I endorse is a reading of scripture with wisdom and humility, as well as knowledge of what we face in modern society, and for governments to write and enforce Godly rules.

I'm my mind, that would involve blanket prohibition on murder, adultery, theft and perjury as a broad overview. How those things are written down, and what checks and balances are included, is up for discussion.

glorydaz

Hold on. The law given to Israel included do not murder, which you uphold. Is that not "imitation"?

Well, that law predates Israel, so we wouldn't be imitating Israel, would we?

Genesis 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.​

Although, it is interesting that Israel provided an "out" even for murder in some cases.

Furthermore, I don't say that the law and sacrifices outlined for Israel should be implemented word-for-word today.

You may not, Stripe, but others have.

What I endorse is a reading of scripture with wisdom and humility, as well as knowledge of what we face in modern society, and for governments to write and enforce Godly rules.

That would be nice, but surely you realize this world is getting more and more corrupt with each passing day. Which is why our trust can never be in man.

I'm my mind, that would involve blanket prohibition on murder, adultery, theft and perjury as a broad overview. How those things are written down, and what checks and balances are included, is up for discussion.

Again, that would certainly not be a hardship for any righteous man, but the problem, once again lies in the inability for man to enforce certain moral laws...like adultery and homosexuality. It was tried, and failed. That time has come and gone...never to return until the Lord Jesus Christ sits on the throne of David.