Why Stop At Birth?

Kit the Coyote

So then you reject God's authority and place man over God.

That's called idolatry, Kit. It means you've broken God's law.

If it was judgement day, and you were standing before God, do you think He would find you innocent or guilty for breaking His law?

Hmmm,
Yes
I think it is actually called free will.
Oh, guilty please which way to the handbasket?

Kit the Coyote

Which has no bearing on whether it exists or not.

Hell is real, and you're going there.

Again, hell is real, and you're going there.

I am not here to convert or deconvert anyone or be converted. I'm here to discuss politics.

You could say it again but it is no more a threat to me than my saying three times in a row to you that Diyu is real and you're going there.

Hell is one of the reasons I DON'T believe in Yahweh so trying to bash me over the head with it will only have the opposite effect.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I believe we had already agreed to that. Though in my research I do find there are times where you could not deliver the baby and labor MUST be stopped to prevent killing the mother. In most of those cases, you would proceed to a cesarian.

Did you think delivering the baby precluded a caeserean?

Do you have anything sensible to offer at all?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The mother would not have survived the operation and the baby's chances were poor. They were twins and one was already dead due to complications of her condition.
So much for there being "no absolutes in medicine."

You ran away from your "no absolutes" rabbit trail as soon as you found a story about childkilling you could latch on to.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
An infinite punishment

Infinite punishment?

This is question begging.

Hell is not punishment. Yes, one will be punished in Hell, but Hell is just a prison, a holding cell for those who have rejected God, such as yourself.

Hell is not infinite. It will be cast, along with you, into the lake of fire, where you will be separated from God for all of eternity, for no other reason other than that you have rejected God, and God loves you enough, even though you reject Him, to not force himself upon you, and to not force you to live with those who love Him.

You will be alone, that's right, alone, you won't have friends to hang out with, you won't have any entertainment, you won't have any drugs, nor alcohol, you will be, by your own choice, alone, for all of eternity.

I wouldn't be telling you this if I didn't care about you.

for finite crimes.

Finite?

You think murdering a child has finite consequences?

How about the fact that that child who was murdered in his mother's womb may never have an opportunity to get to know her, unless she repents toward God? He will never have the opportunity to experience marriage, having a family of his own, raising kids,

That's not a finite consequence of crime. That's an eternal consequence.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Sounds infinite to me.

This is a finite existence.
Our earthly existence is finite, sure. This earth will pass away... But there will be a new heaven and a new earth. And those will NOT pass away. You will still exist.

Arthur Brain

Infinite punishment?

This is question begging.

Hell is not punishment. Yes, one will be punished in Hell, but Hell is just a prison, a holding cell for those who have rejected God, such as yourself.

Hell is not infinite. It will be cast, along with you, into the lake of fire, where you will be separated from God for all of eternity, for no other reason other than that you have rejected God, and God loves you enough, even though you reject Him, to not force himself upon you, and to not force you to live with those who love Him.

You will be alone, that's right, alone, you won't have friends to hang out with, you won't have any entertainment, you won't have any drugs, nor alcohol, you will be, by your own choice, alone, for all of eternity.

I wouldn't be telling you this if I didn't care about you.

Finite?

You think murdering a child has finite consequences?

How about the fact that that child who was murdered in his mother's womb may never have an opportunity to get to know her, unless she repents toward God? He will never have the opportunity to experience marriage, having a family of his own, raising kids,

That's not a finite consequence of crime. That's an eternal consequence.

Um, this is the politics forum JR, not religion so why the soapbox sermon on a subject that you hardly have authority over given the myriad takes on hell/lake of fire in Christianity alone? You're only projecting your subjective beliefs on someone who obviously doesn't ascribe to the same and probably alienated from such for what should be obvious reasons.

Were you scared into belief?

glorydaz

Um, this is the politics forum JR, not religion so why the soapbox sermon on a subject that you hardly have authority over given the myriad takes on hell/lake of fire in Christianity alone? You're only projecting your subjective beliefs on someone who obviously doesn't ascribe to the same and probably alienated from such for what should be obvious reasons.

Were you scared into belief?

Yep, and no one is ever scared into belief. :thumb:

glorydaz

So then you reject God's authority and place man over God.

That's called idolatry, Kit. It means you've broken God's law.

If it was judgement day, and you were standing before God, do you think He would find you innocent or guilty for breaking His law?

Everyone is guilty of breaking God's Law.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.​

glorydaz

I am not here to convert or deconvert anyone or be converted. I'm here to discuss politics.

You could say it again but it is no more a threat to me than my saying three times in a row to you that Diyu is real and you're going there.

Hell is one of the reasons I DON'T believe in Yahweh so trying to bash me over the head with it will only have the opposite effect.

Don't worry. People don't go to hell for aborting a baby, and certainly not for expressing opinions about abortion.

Whatever "hell" is...it's for those who don't have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.