MAGA Hats And The Easily-Triggered Left

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

[h=1]The Covington Kids’ Revenge, One Year Later[/h] The mob did not get away with defaming Nick Sandmann. In fact, people victimized by the media's new normal are now fighting back.

covington-kids.png

(You Tube)
January 20, 2020
| 12:01 am
Peter Van Buren

Almost to the day CNN paid out a notable cash settlement to Nick Sandmann, the Covington High School kid it defamed as a racist pup for grinning at a Native American whilst supporting President Trump, the network was one of a gaggle of MSM outlets out to spin the killing of an Iranian general—into another Orange Man Bad. As with Sandmann, the facts never support the heavy metal screeching, but the facts also matter little. The anti-Trump agenda rules no matter the price.
You remember about a year ago, when Sandmann and his Catholic school classmates traveled to Washington, D.C., to join the annual March for Life rally on Capitol Hill. Sandmann was photographed smiling at a Native American. With one mighty flatulent blast, outlets like CNN imagined Sandmann, wearing his MAGA cap, as the distillation of everything evil, some redneck from Kentucky a-protestin’ them abortions and rubbing his smug grin in the face of a noble Native American supposedly trying to defuse a tense situation. The Native American was also quickly (but wrongly) glorified as a Vietnam vet.
Blue Check Twitter suggested Sandmann be punched in the face, and veiled suggestions of mob action led to threats. Sandmann’s family was temporarily run out of their home. Disciplinary action included coerced apologies. Progressive media gleefully piled on. It was right out of Orwell’s 1984, the Two Minutes Hate.
But not only was everything CNN and the others said absolutely wrong (Sandmann was never an aggressor, and alongside his peers, said nothing in return to those taunting him), it wasn’t even news. Nothing really happened. Students on a field trip. But the media appointed Sandmann their racist oberfuhrer, fashioned the others into props, and had the entire white nationalist anti-Trump agenda in one handy snapshot.
Most agenda journalism victims are expected to disappear in shame. But this time it was different. Sandmann sued a range of journalists, including Maggie Haberman, Ana Navarro, and Shaun King, for slurs they threw at him on Twitter. Included in the swath of additional lawsuits by Sandmann were CNN, MSNBC’s parent company, the AP, Gannett, HuffPo, Slate, and The Washington Post. In the words of the suit, they “brought down the full force of corporate power, influence, and wealth on Nicholas by falsely attacking, vilifying, and bullying him despite the fact that he was a minor child.”
The suits charged that journalists “maintained a well-known and easily documented biased agenda against President Donald Trump and established a history of impugning individuals perceived to be supporters of the president.” They asserted that CNN and the others would have “known the statements to be untrue had they undertaken any reasonable efforts to verify their accuracy before publication.” In other words, they should have committed journalism, the finding of facts, in lieu of packaging what was actually nothing at all into a steamy piece that fit an existing agenda.

Sandmann beat CNN (the other suits are pending), which settled and paid rather than risk a trial. Assuming credibility and self-respect are worth about zero, we now know that the price tag for the agenda journalism CNN practices is reportedly $25 million. That amount is probably half of what the network spends on botox for Anderson Cooper, but as Cooper’s aestheticians are prone to say, it’s a start.

With a win in Sandmann’s pocket and as his cases against the other media outlets work their way through the courts, others also appear ready to challenge agenda journalism via the defamation laws. Ten more Covington students are now suing various media. Elsewhere, writer Peter Brimelow is suing the New York Times for labeling him an “open white nationalist.” Karen McDougal, a former Playboy model who said she had an affair with Donald Trump, filed suit against Fox a month ago, claiming defamation. George Zimmerman, who killed Trayvon Martin, filed a defamation suit against HarperCollins, the Martin family lawyer’s publisher. Trump critic and Harvard prof Lawrence Lessig is suing the New York Times, accusing them of publishing “false and defamatory” information about him. Representative Devin Nunes sued CNN last month, claiming the network defamed him with false reports that he traveled to Vienna to meet with the Ukrainian prosecutor Joe Biden helped oust in 2016.

Under current law, most of those suits will fail. Going forward, how powerful a weapon defamation lawsuits might prove to be against agenda journalism will depend on how flexible the courts choose to be. Historically they have given great leeway to anyone, journalist or not, who appears to defame public figures. The idea is that if you put yourself out there, you’re expected to take a few slings and arrows and so the standards of proof are higher. This is what allows tabloids like the National Enquirer to get away with making up stories about popular figures. But defamation as a business practice was once upon a time what bottom feeders did for the shock value, not regular practice for the media of record.

The hope is that justice recognizes that a new media environment has emerged, one that drags innocent people onto the national stage unnecessarily in a way that is unethical and exploitative—and that even politicians, never mind the voters who select them, deserve factual reporting. But in the case of CNN and Nick Sandmann, it appears the network would rather pay out millions of dollars than see what a court would say.

That CNN has not made any noticeable changes in its obsessive stream of agenda journalism since the original incident a year ago, or since settling with Sandmann, suggests what they paid out is to them a reasonable price to continue to lie to the American public. Most MSM gave the settlement little or no coverage. CNN itself devoted 29 seconds to the story. Like botox, settlements are just another business expense.

If this agenda-driven journalism was limited to individual acts of defamation, such as the Sandmann case, it would be bad enough. But the MSM extend the same thinking to significant geopolitical events, using their vast resources to convince the public that Donald Trump threatens their very existence.

Remember how Trump was going to start global economic war with China, withdraw from NATO, start a wider war in Syria by bombing Russian bases, start World War III with North Korea, sell out the U.S. to get peace with North Korea, start World War III because he is Hitler, start a war over Venezuela, start a genocide of Kurds with Turkey…

The giveaway that journalism is near-singularly devoted to an agenda, frightening the public in service of somehow driving Trump from office, is how the mistakes are always wrong in same direction. Contrast the beatification of the good victims of the Parkland shooting with the Parkland kid who supports the Second Amendment—he was media-doxxed out of Harvard. Meanwhile none of the people who keep track of the lies Trump tells and who are demanding “fact checks” before ads are allowed to run on social media seem to spend any time on the other side of the equation. Who would accept a track record this bad from their doctor, lawyer, or even their nail technician (“no, seriously, cracked nails are hot this year, it was in the NYT“)? Is there any price to be paid for agenda journalism?

In a rare breath of self-examination, one New York Times columnist wrote, “Donald Trump is impulse-driven, ignorant, narcissistic and intellectually dishonest. So you’d think that those of us in the anti-Trump camp would go out of our way to show we’re not like him — that we are judicious, informed, mature and reasonable. The anti-Trump echo chamber is becoming a mirror image of Trump himself — overwrought, uncalibrated, and incapable of having an intelligent conversation.”

The Founders assigned journalism a specific role to ensure that citizens would be able to carry out informed debates. Truth, they understood, is more than an ideal; it is a perspective. Yet over the last three years, serious journalism has all but been pushed aside in a rush to do away with Trump, not by honest persuasion but by any means necessary. Fear won out, and so objectivity is now #Collusion. Seeking facts before going viral is so 2015. The media gutlessly picks on kids because they can’t get Trump. We asked for an informed citizenry and we instead got Mean Girls.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/the-covington-kids-revenge-one-year-later/

ok doser

I wish people who use that picture would point out that Sandmann is standing on a step, and that in fact, Phillips is much taller

ok doser

[h=1]Shame on the Left’s Self-Righteous Bullies[/h]
kashuv.jpg

Parkland High School shooting survivor Kyle Kashuv speaking in December. His acceptance to Harvard was rescinded after old texts surfaced in which he used rascist language. (By Gage Skidmore /Flickr)
June 26, 2019
| 12:01 am
Peter Van Buren

This month, Harvard University officially revoked its acceptance of a Parkland High School student, a shooting survivor who supports the Second Amendment, over racist language he usedin text messages when he was 16. Meanwhile, former Central Park 5 prosecutors have lost their jobs three decades after the case because of a Netflix movie released two weeks ago called When They See Us. And by the time you read this, the Left will likely have bullied another small business for breaking their rules on gender and cake.
I learned about bullying in a small Ohio high school, both by being bullied and—shamefully—as a bully myself. I came to understand that bullies are frustrated by their own lack of power (there’s always someone bigger going after them), and, unable to do anything to the real target, find someone weaker to torment. It is never meant to be a fair fight. There’s also a third element, the adult in the room who stays quiet and lets it all happen: a football coach or room monitor at my high school, the elders at Harvard in 2019 America.
Trying out for football at my high school meant being bullied by the varsity. If you were lucky, they only stole your food and made you embarrass yourself singing to the group. For others, it was sodomy with soap bars or caustic creams smeared in your jock. It always happened after the coaches mysteriously disappeared during practice breaks.
Some guys quit the team, some just endured, some sought empty relief bullying others. I did the latter, mercilessly teasing a poor kid weaker than me during lunch periods when the room monitors would mysteriously disappear; nobody really liked him. I was cruel in a way I wish I’d hated then the way I do now. He was an easy target, and 44 years ago, I thought bullying him would make me feel better. I couldn’t beat up the varsity football team that humiliated me, so that kid was the surrogate. Nothing I have done before or after has made me feel more ashamed.
We know about bullying. So let’s not pretend that what is happening around us, politically driven by the Left, is anything but that. Deeply frustrated that the living embodiment of anti-progressive values was elected in 2016 over a candidate genetically created as the successor for the post-Obama utopia, the Left went looking for someone weaker than itself to work out its rage after Trump proved too tough a target (see the Mueller Report, now three months old, so ineffectual that most in Congress see no need to even read it).
One writer made the frustration clear: “America finds itself in the grip of an endless and inscrutable daily mystery: How is it possible that the president—whose chief occupations seem to be tweeting, lying, lying about what he tweeted, watching television, and committing crimes—is not on the hook for anything? Not for the lying, and not for the criming [sic], and not even for the endless truculence and meanness.”

So the Left picks on kids now because they can’t get Trump. Harvard, apparently forgetting how its past presidents brought their slaves to live on campus and its decades of discriminatory practices against Jews and other “undesirables,” has taken away Parkland survivor Kyle Kashuv‘s scholarship because a couple of years ago he used the term “n*gger” in a shared Google doc and repeatedly in texts to “friends,” who then sent those to Harvard admissions demanding his head. Use the wrong words, no matter how long ago or in what context—my high school coaches called us f*ggots when they felt we weren’t working hard enough—and it is not your action that is attacked; it is you. Kashuv is a racist now and forever, literally beyond even re-education.

For his part, Kashuv has not tried to defend his 16-year-old behavior. Instead he has apologized for his “egregious and callous comments.” He added:
When your classmates, your teachers, and your neighbors are killed it transforms you as a human being. I see the world through different eyes and am embarrassed by the petty, flippant kid represented in those screenshots. I believe those I’ve gotten to know since know that I’m a better person than that.
Kashuv was one of those celebrity school shooting survivors, but not one of the nice ones who stood beside George Clooney and demanded more gun control. Kyle supports gun rights. So while his ostensible sin was a teenage wasteland version of racism, his actual transgression was being an easy surrogate for Trump. Meanwhile, Twitter played the role of the leering varsity players standing in a semicircle cheering on the violence being done to a freshman.

The same goes for Harvard’s Ronald Sullivan, a lecturer at their law school and dean at one of Harvard’s residential houses for over nine years. He was fired for serving on #MeToo poster child Harvey Weinstein’s defense team. The bullies who attacked him claimed his decision to represent someone accused of abusing women (Weinstein has yet to go to trial and thus would be presumed innocent in some alternate universe) disqualified him from “serving in a role of support and mentorship to students.” Except Sullivan really was fired as a surrogate for Weinstein who is a surrogate for Trump, the guy who managed to get himself elected after bragging about pussy grabbing. Harvard Law School’s adults stood silent in practice while teaching classes in theory about how a robust defense of even the worst defendants is a cornerstone of justice.

Linda Fairstein and Elizabeth Lederer prosecuted the Central Park 5 in 1989, helping to wrongly convict juveniles of rape. Fairstein kept her job at the New York City District Attorney’s office until 2002, and then went on to write 20 bestselling novels. Lederer is still a prosecutor in the Manhattan district attorney’s office and had taught law at Columbia University for the last seven years. However, a week after the release of a Netflix dramatization that Fairstein says took liberties with the facts (among other things, the movie ignored evidence that some of the teens were likely accomplices to the rape and committed other violent crimes), online mobs and university students successfully demanded that Fairstein’s publisher dump her and that Columbia force Lederer to resign.

Ken Burns’ more careful documentary about the same case didn’t call forth the same fierceness, but then again it came out in 2012 in the warmth of the Obama years. Today, Fairstein and Lederer are the designated surrogates for Trump. Trump, who in the 1980s shot off his mouth about nearly everything in his hometown of New York City, is being blamed for helping to unfairly convict the boys because of statements he once made. People are demanding that he, along with Fairstein and Lederer, issue an apology.

The attempted political assassination of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh was the most extreme example of bullying by the Left. There certainly has never been a more obvious Trump surrogate (though Paul Manafort is a close second): Kavanaugh the misogynist, Kavanaugh the gang rapist, Kavanaugh the serial liar, Kavanaugh the Old Straight White Man (apres Trump, a slur in itself.) The Left’s goal wasn’t to show that the nominee was unqualified as a jurist, but that he was unqualified as a human being, to humiliate him with innuendo and gossip in front of his family and the nation, hoping he’d quit the team. Due process and a modicum of fairness? It wasn’t supposed to be a fair fight.

The Heckler’s Veto on social media is a national pastime, where, frustrated by Trump’s instinctive skill for the medium, bullies use their malleable Terms of Service to deplatform people whose ideas they hate as hate speech. We have lost the ability to even understand the term hypocrisy anymore. Political commentary, meanwhile, has devolved into name calling. Samantha Bee called Ivanka a “feckless c*nt” and Stephen Colbert referred to Trump as “Putin’s c*ckholster.” Those are words my old coaches, or any schoolyard bully shouting “f*ggot,” would have understood.

The conventional wisdom for those bullied is that you’re supposed to fight back. But any good bully creates a situation where the victim can’t. Whether backing him into a toilet stall with three big football jocks as he’s abused or leaving no avenues of appeal while gloating about how the First Amendment and the coach who somehow sees nothing won’t protect him, the bully assures his victim’s humiliation. Everyone else just stands back, not wanting to get involved, humiliated by their lack of courage or concern.

But it is all for society’s own good, you see. In 2019, the bullies gild themselves as striking blows against racism or sexism, as if those societal problems can be solved by kicking a gun-loving Florida kid to the curb. My tormentors claimed it was all part of toughening us up for the football season, and about building comradeship, as they too had once been humiliated as freshmen. It was all for our own good.

But it is not good. Take those feelings of emptied self-worth and humiliation and multiply them across a society. Remember how you felt standing by doing nothing while it happened and spread that across an electorate. Think over how watching those coaches look the other way made you feel, or when the media picked up the chorus that the kid, the prosecutors, whomever, deserved it for being a “racist.” Oh, we are becoming something terrible.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/shame-on-the-lefts-self-righteous-bullies/

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
an offshoot from here: http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-Want-a-Wall&p=5310442&viewfull=1#post5310442

As the Nathan Phillips / Nate Sandmann controversy has developed, i've run across way too many leftist/liberal/feminist/progressive blogs, articles, websites, twitter feeds, etc - way too much social media and other internet based opinion centers that justify their naked hatred for these catholic kids - justify their desire to see them hurt, regardless of the veracity of the original story.

One common theme is that these kids were at a pro-life rally, and the extreme leftist/liberal/feminist/progressives, from the relative anonymity of the internet, wish death on anybody with that viewpoint

the other common theme that has taken the forefront these past couple days is their choice of apparel.

MAGA hats, as it turns out, have the power to make the left (already insane) violently insane

it's being proposed in the other thread that the students should have known this and should have respected the weakness of those easily triggered by the magical power of the MAGA hats and foregone their choice of apparel

the corollary is, of course, that having made the choice to wear those pernicious MAGA hats, the violence and hatred directed toward them is their own fault :dizzy:

I haven't had too many problems wearing my hat.

ok doser

and as the election ramps up, more examples of the insane left emerrge:

[h=1]New Hampshire man charged with slapping 15-year-old Trump supporter outside polling station[/h] Patrick Bradley (Courtesy: Windham Police Department)
CNN

(CNN) — A New Hampshire man was arrested Thursday afternoon and is facing charges after he allegedly slapped a 15-year-old supporter of President Donald Trump outside a polling place during Tuesday’s primary, according to police.
Patrick Bradley, who’s 34, had exited the voting polls outside of Windham High School in Windham, New Hampshire, and walked by a Trump “campaign tent occupied by several campaign supporters/workers,” the Windham Police Department said in a statement Thursday.
He then allegedly assaulted the teenager and two adults who attempted to intervene. CNN has not identified or been in contact with the alleged victims.
“Bradley was also accused of throwing Trump campaign signs and attempting to knock over the aforementioned tent,” the statement says.

https://wsvn.com/news/politics/new-...-old-trump-supporter-outside-polling-station/

Interesting that CNN doesn't mention the dreaded MAGA hat

perhaps they learned their lesson after the Covington settlement?

Bradley was arrested Thursday and charged with three counts of simple assault and one count of disorderly conduct.

He is being held on those charges and a probation violation on $5,000 cash bail.

Prosecutors said he has two prior convictions of simple assault and reckless conduct.

Bradley said the convictions “were due to mental health problems, and this is a continuation of that.”

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/02/14/patrick-bradley-slap-teen-trump-supporter-court-windham-nh/

Should people with mental health problems that lead them to assault others be allowed to vote? :think:

ok doser

While leaving his polling station at Windham High School, 34-year-old Patrick Bradley shrieked, “F*** YOU” and then assaulted the teenager after the teen had the audacity to wish him a good night while wearing a Make America Great Again hat.

However, in Bradley’s defense, words you don’t like are violence, and written words are technically a picture of words, and a picture is worth a thousand words, so really the teenage boy was committing four thousand acts of violence against Bradley, and Bradley only responded with one act of violence. If anything, Bradley showed restraint, while the teenager was basically wearing an AK-47 with an infinite magazine and the trigger taped back on his head. Is Bradley actually a hero? We can’t rule it out.

https://rare.us/rare-news/man-slaps-teen-maga-hat/

:darwinsm:

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
A former social justice warrior explains how people become indoctrinated into the ideology.

A former social justice warrior explains how people become indoctrinated into the ideology.

This is a clip from a larger conversation with Keri Smith of Unsafe Space. Watch the full conversation here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZmt0qIfeAc

ok doser

With the help of a company insider, "Project Veritas" appears to have captured members of Facebook's content moderation team saying that they happily delete pro-Trump political content because it is "a very progressive company who is very anti-MAGA."

"Gotta get the cheeto out of office," one said.

Another content moderator, Lara Kontakos, was asked what she did when she saw a posts supporting the president: "If someone is wearing a MAGA hat, I am going to delete them for terrorism."