Perfect Answer to Ocasio-Cortez

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
seriously, after eight years of avoiding the radio (i don't have tv) whenever our last prez, the affirmative action president, spoke, it's refreshing to hear a man like trump

fool

Hall of Fame
I think she's going to be great. She's the youngest person ever sworn into Congress. Trump is the oldest President ever sworn in.
So AOC could serve for 40 years and still become President younger than Trump. She could be around for a very long time. Perhaps our President in 2060 if it takes that long to finish her.
She needs a lot of finishing. But she has a lot of energy. We'll see if her District is interested in keeping her after this term, perhaps they'll like the energy and the ambitious ideas.
Congress isn't actually in charge of doing anything, it's not like she can send a drunk text and stop nationwide toilet paper production.

genuineoriginal

Is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ignorant, crazy, or stupid?

ignorance-can-be.jpg

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
She's absolutely right . Trump is a racist . He discriminated against black people when he was in the housing industry and was sued who knows how many times for this .
He demonizes Hispanics and Muslims for his own selfish and sinister ulterior motives .
Actually, Trump is an equal opportunity bigot . He hates almost everyone but himself .

genuineoriginal

She's absolutely right . Trump is a racist . He discriminated against black people when he was in the housing industry and was sued who knows how many times for this .
He demonizes Hispanics and Muslims for his own selfish and sinister ulterior motives .
Actually, Trump is an equal opportunity bigot . He hates almost everyone but himself .

Hispanic is not a race.
Muslim is not a race.
You are a racist.

The Berean

Yet many Hispanics love Trump.

The Berean

I think she's going to be great. She's the youngest person ever sworn into Congress. Trump is the oldest President ever sworn in.
So AOC could serve for 40 years and still become President younger than Trump. She could be around for a very long time. Perhaps our President in 2060 if it takes that long to finish her.
She needs a lot of finishing. But she has a lot of energy. We'll see if her District is interested in keeping her after this term, perhaps they'll like the energy and the ambitious ideas.
Congress isn't actually in charge of doing anything, it's not like she can send a drunk text and stop nationwide toilet paper production.

Good lord I hope not. She's an embarrassment to us Hispanics.

ok doser

he discriminated against wealthy black people?

He demonizes Hispanics

all hispanics?

or just the ones who don't respect the laws of the united states?

and Muslims

muslim isn't a race

ok doser

Good lord I hope not. She's an embarrassment to us Hispanics.

TB - as a hispanic (an hispanic?), how do you view the Spanish?

how do you define "hispanic"?

i have always thought of it as mixed race - amer-indian and spanish, from the colonial period, but lately it seems to mean anyone from the former spanish colonial areas

is it a designation that's evolving within its own community?

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

Hispanic
The U.S. Census Bureau defines the ethnonym Hispanic or Latino to refer to "a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race" and states that Hispanics or Latinos can be of any race, any ancestry, any ethnicity. Generically, this limits the definition of Hispanic or Latino to people from the Caribbean, Central and South America, or other Hispanic (Spanish) culture or origin, regardless of race.

ok doser

Hispanic
The U.S. Census Bureau defines the ethnonym Hispanic or Latino to refer to "a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race" and states that Hispanics or Latinos can be of any race, any ancestry, any ethnicity. Generically, this limits the definition of Hispanic or Latino to people from the Caribbean, Central and South America, or other Hispanic (Spanish) culture or origin, regardless of race.

they missed Filipino

and how strong of an identifer among those in the culture is "Spanish", i wonder

certainly the language, but do they feel the same connection that i do to england/britain, the same interest in its history?

The Berean

TB - as a hispanic (an hispanic?), how do you view the Spanish?

how do you define "hispanic"?

i have always thought of it as mixed race - amer-indian and spanish, from the colonial period, but lately it seems to mean anyone from the former spanish colonial areas

is it a designation that's evolving within its own community?
This Latino/Hispanic guy explains it well in a humorous way.

https://www.vox.com/2015/8/19/9173457/hispanic-latino-comic