Micheal Cohen to testify about campaign hush money

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Michael Cohen Agrees to Testify to Congress About Work for Trump

WASHINGTON — Michael D. Cohen, President Trump’s former personal lawyer who implicated him in a scheme to pay hush money to two women claiming to have had affairs with him, has agreed to testify before the House Oversight Committee next month and give “a full and credible account” of his work for Mr. Trump.

Mr. Cohen’s decision to appear before the House Oversight and Reform Committee on Feb. 7 sets the stage for a blockbuster public hearing that threatens to further damage the president’s image and could clarify the depth of his legal woes. Mr. Cohen, a consigliere to Mr. Trump when he was a real estate developer and presidential candidate as well as informally as president, was privy to the machinations of Mr. Trump’s inner circle and key moments under scrutiny by both the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, and federal prosecutors in New York.

He could soon share them on national television under oath.

“In furtherance of my commitment to cooperate and provide the American people with answers, I have accepted the invitation by Chairman Elijah Cummings to appear publicly on February 7,” Mr. Cohen said in a statement. “I look forward to having the privilege of being afforded a platform with which to give a full and credible account of the events which have transpired.”

Mr. Cohen pleaded guilty in federal court in Manhattan in August to tax fraud, making false statements to a bank and a campaign finance violation. In court, Mr. Cohen said that violation was the result of payments he made at the behest of his former client to a woman who was prepared to go public during the 2016 campaign about an affair with Mr. Trump years earlier.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
trump haters everywhere are taking a break from hugging their puppies, their hopes raised, desperately wishing them not to be dashed again as they have so many times in the last 26 months

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
trump haters everywhere are taking a break from hugging their puppies, their hopes raised, desperately wishing them not to be dashed again as they have so many times in the last 26 months

DiJ4_qKWsAYPM1l.jpg

Don't have a puppy to loan you, but I'm sure you could find one at the local shelter.