Hit and Run Posters

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
a call out thread for those posters (you know who you are) who stumble in, thrash about shouting and hollering and don't appear to want a dialogue, only a place to satisfy their needs to complain

anybody is welcome to contribute and Sherman, if you think it's inappropriate, please shut it down.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
a call out thread for those posters (you know who you are) who stumble in, thrash about shouting and hollering and don't appear to want a dialogue, only a place to satisfy their needs to complain

anybody is welcome to contribute and Sherman, if you think it's inappropriate, please shut it down.
Pretty sure "callout threads" aren't allowed...

ok doser

Pretty sure "callout threads" aren't allowed...

this is a little different - maybe not different enough, i'll let sherman decide

more a place to remind other posters that they've left questions unanswered, in an attempt to facilitate dialogue instead of monologue

thehorn is notorious for this, with good reason - as i understand it he has vision problems and often is gone from the site for days at a time

ok doser

you know, i think i've done this in the past - seems to me i used to have a thread called "unanswered questions" or some such

edited to add:
sJb5h5i.jpg

"Dodged Questions": http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?107544-Dodged-Questions&highlight=unanswered+questions

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
you know, i think i've done this in the past - seems to me i used to have a thread called :unanswered questions" or some such
I would love to have a thread like that. But I'm too lazy to maintain it.

Just post all the posts of mine that have gone unanswered after a week or so in it, and if they get answered, edit the post to include the link to the answer.

But eh...

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Addressing forum behavior is Ok as long as you are not targeting specific people. TOL has problem with people doing drive by posting when they come in to just mock people instead of actually having a conversation. This behavior makes the site unattractive. No one is going to have a license to do it anymore.

ok doser

Addressing forum behavior is Ok as long as you are not targeting specific people. TOL has problem with people doing drive by posting when they come in to just mock people instead of actually having a conversation. This behavior makes the site unattractive. No one is going to have a license to do it anymore.

sherman - when I do this:

@jgarden
#jgarden

what does jgarden see? does he get some sort of notification that he's been addressed?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
​Getting his attention. This thread can be a learning experience. TOL members need to get over their obsession with harassing people they don't like and reporting them for non-violating posts.

ok doser

[MENTION=17501]ok doser[/MENTION] I'd appreciate if you didn't tag people like that to call them out.

ok, so for me (on this tech) it shows up in the notifications as a "mention" - don't think i've seen that before.

maybe then this thread isn't necessary - just use the @ in the thread in question to remind the poster they've overlooked something

thanks! :wave2:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It was over six years ago, but still seems applicable today:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...hose-who-wil&p=2906680&viewfull=1#post2906680

It is encouraging to read that there will be little tolerance for the mockery usually accompanying drive-by posters who just want to be seen.

Now if we could just get some to recognize the difference between blogging (monologue) and discussing (dialog) it would be swell. :AMR:

AMR